Bridge Four Poster - Way of King Kickstarter

18th Shard

Just now, 18th Shard said:

I will agree that they look majority white, but there are a couple who don't look white to me - they look more Indian.

That is good but the majority really should not look like that.

Starting at Kal on the bottom and working clockwise I think we have

1) Teft - older and grizzled

2) Drehy? - receding hairline

3) Lopen - smug smile, 2nd arm is hidden from view

4) Rock - no weapon, facial hair

5) Renarin? - has a sword, a bit distant from the rest (also there's one fewer person in the bottom image relative to the top)

6) Leyten?

7) Sizgil - darker skin

8) Moash - shardblade, no tattoo on forehead, shoulderpatch is also missing (interesting that he's still shown with the group after that point)

9) Skar? -  hair greying a bit?  

Edited by Subvisual Haze

I wrote a news article on this. Argent made a labeled version of this:

36 minutes ago, Karger said:

Why are they all white?

They look pretty Alethi tan to me... It's funny because in Discord, they didn't really say that they looked white at all.

27 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They look pretty Alethi tan to me... It's funny because in Discord, they didn't really say that they looked white at all.

It could just be me.  My eyesight is not particularly good.  I also always pictured alethi a few shades darker.

The post from Isaac (on Brandon's site) says that the lower image is from WoK when Bridge Four was still in Sadeas's camp, and the upper image is from the WoR timeframe (not Oathbringer).

So I'm pretty sure that Renarin is the one holding the shardblade in the upper image. That figure is not included in the lower image, and he wouldn't have been with them when they were still bridgemen.

I think Moash is at the bottom right of the upper image. That figure is on Kaladin's right in the lower image (his "right-hand man"?), and the facial expression on both these figures seems (to me) to be angry/arrogant.

I think the figure who's holding a regular sword in the upper image is The Lopen, since in WoR he wouldn't have had 2 hands to hold a spear but would still have been part of Dalinar's bodyguard.

It's obvious which ones are Rock and Teft. Sigzil is the one with the darkest skin, since he's Makabaki. The others, I have no idea. I wonder if the figures for Leyten and Skar actually look like Brandon's friends who he patterned the characters after?

Those are my impressions, anyway - I hope they tell us who's who definitively, at some point.

No matter what, this poster is amazing!!!

Edited by old aggie

2 minutes ago, The Traveller said:

@R J I agree 

may be it is just me but I expected Rock to look a lot more bigger and broader than shown in poster 

I always thought that he would be very different looking but he is not and that he is good but taller than kaladin 

I too expected Rock to be the size of Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Traveller said:

Haha I know I agree! And looking not white like. 
also is there no Lopen here?

I think this is after Stormlight regenerating his arm but the one-armed Herdazian is certainly more iconic as... well, the one-armed Herdazian

3 hours ago, old aggie said:

Those are my impressions, anyway - I hope they tell us who's who definitively, at some point.

Isn't the artist giving us a clue as to who they are in the credits below? Usually movies will do it in order of whoever has the most screentime, but there's no way that Hobber has more importance than Moash or Rock - so I think Issac or Zack gave us the order in the credits, so our characters look like this:

bridge four NAMES.jpg

They all look way too handsome in my opinion (well, maybe except for Kaladin), but I realize that this is probably deliberate, like, a romanticized, kitschy interpretation. Cool stuff though! The credits are a fun little thing. :D

1 hour ago, Goatbringer said:

Isn't the artist giving us a clue as to who they are in the credits below? Usually movies will do it in order of whoever has the most screentime, but there's no way that Hobber has more importance than Moash or Rock - so I think Issac or Zack gave us the order in the credits, so our characters look like this:

Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

4 hours ago, Goatbringer said:

[image deleted to save space]

Maybe - I have no idea what's traditional re: movie posters. I understand that the listing order refers to screentime, but does that always translate to where figures are on the poster, and/or their size?:unsure: (Thinking of Thanos in the A4:Endgame poster...)

That said, Moash would not have had a shardblade until late in WoR, whereas Renarin definitely would. And the figure holding the shardblade in the upper image is definitely not in the lower clifftop image, but Moash should be. I don't think we ever saw Renarin with a regular sword - he was training with the spear, same as the others.

Moderators, please ask someone to check with Isaac and/or Zack & clarify this for us.:) Inquiring minds want to know!

Moash at least places the image in a very narrow timeframe with his lack of shoulder patch.  Specifically it would be in his first POV chapter in Oathbringer - after he removed his Bridge 4 shoulder patch but before he was forced to give away his shardblade.  (Although this may be more abstract than literal in displaying particular times)