accessing selish investiture from far away

jcopman

Question

as has been established, due to devotion and dominion's investiture being in the cognitive realm, magic from there is location based, and gets weaker the farther from the location it is. my question asks wether it's possible to trick the magic, or siphon it somewhere else through some sort of amplifier or otherwise to increase it range of effectiveness, possibly allowing for crossing worlds, or at least continents.

Also, sorry if this question has been asked already, not gonna lie, I'm a bit lazy like that.

Edited by jcopman

2 answers to this question

It has been asked we have a WoB.  I am going to add it to the coppermind too since it should be there.

DoritoJH

So, AonDor is super versatile and powerful.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, but region-locked!

DoritoJH

Yes, it is region locked, exactly. If a full Feruchemist using nicrosil were to create an unlocked medallion that allowed an Elantrian to store Connection to Elantris' location, would it let them use AonDor at full power as long as they were tapping that Connection?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. That should work just fine.

Just understand that the medallion's going to have to be usable by everyone in order to work. You're going to have to jump through some hoops, but I think what you want there would work. And for those of you listening, that would be the harder way to unlock AonDor. There are easier methods.

DragonCon 2019 (Aug. 31, 2019)