If You Could Live Anywhere Else

Draginon

If you could move anywhere where exactly would you want to live?

For me I’ve got 4 different places I’d choose to live.

The first is moving back to the LA area where I was from originally.

The second is the Orlando area since I love the area. The only downside would be the summer heat since I already hate the summer heat in Texas.

The Third would be New York since I liked being in the city when I was there for vacation.

The final one would be England. I feel very in touch with my England ancestry and I love the culture so much. The only major hurtles though would be the whole citizenship thing where I would have to pay taxes to the States and some companies I order from wouldn’t ship there so I’d have to figure out an effective middleman solution to that. Then there would be the whole shipping everything across the pond which I imagine isn’t cheap. I’d probably only move here whenever I’m completely fed up with how things here was going.

Um, oh storms, this one's tough.

Europe is a classic, so maybe Ireland, or Norway, I know good music from there. Always wanted to visit Germany too. I know next to nothing about Iceland but that next to nothing sounds like the ideal country, nice, beautiful, cold. Japan seems a bit harsh in some aspects but it's so beautiful. Canada looks nice and there's always people trying to convince other people to study there almost for free. I'd like to visit the U.S., there's places there I've always wanted to see. India and Nepal would be interesting. It would be super interesting to see the enviroment variety in Australia. New Zealand is beautiful too...

In short, I have no idea. If I ever get the chance to work without being stuck to one city, I'd love to spend a few months in each country before settling down, if I do settle (not that there's much choice).

for me it would likely be somewhere in the western/southwestern US.  either California near the Sierra Nevada range (especially the southern part near Sequoia National Park; my favorite of the 7ish national parks i've been to) or else somewhere in the rockies, probably Colorado if i wanted to be closer to people or Wyoming to get further away.

I would definately move to California! It's my dream destination and I have big plans to live there, when I will be an adult. (it doesn't matter at all, that I've never been there). Firstly I always wanted to live somwhere, in a warm place. I know english quite well, so language wouldn't be a problem. Another reason, more personal one is, that I always wanted to work in Blizzard Entertainment as 3D computer graphic(Now you can laugh with strange feeling, that 13 years old child will change his mind at least 3 times). I can only add, that if I'll change my mind, alternative is to work for Disney in the same section :P

I think I'd have to travel a lot first to decide.....then decided out of everywhere I'd been, which had the best life style, the people, the weather, views, food.....so much to consider...

I think I'd be alright doing the wandering gig, settling a month or 2 in a city then moving on.

4 hours ago, Zelly said:

I think I'd have to travel a lot first to decide.....then decided out of everywhere I'd been, which had the best life style, the people, the weather, views, food.....so much to consider...

I think I'd be alright doing the wandering gig, settling a month or 2 in a city then moving on.

This.

A lot of procedures would probably be necessary, not to mention a job you can work in on the go, but it would be so worth it.

On 03/05/2020 at 5:46 PM, Oltux72 said:

On a tropical island I suppose.

You'd be right at home where I am. I have no intention of living in another country, but rather in a different island in my country. We have over 7000 islands so there's lots to choose from. 

I've traveled everywhere and I still believe the Philippine islands are the best. Low cost of living, services are cheap, food is amazing, people are a happy race. I still live in the city but will definitely retire in an island somewhere here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd kill to live somewhere that has land in the woods.  I would love to be able to have my own section of woods to enjoy and maintain.  I'm not sure where this would be however...I'd also have to look into the wildlife in the area so as to not die from grizzleys or get overrun by termites or something.