Quick Fix 44: Shadows in the Forest

Straw

"Ooooh"

"Mutiny!"

"This will be fun!"

"I also will myself do the first night-watch," He offered, "And don't worry about me, I will be fine, I am really not tired."

"Again, no one dared my riddle," He looked around, "What's the silver lining of all this?"

58 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Yeah striker has that effect sometimes. I recommend we keep him around a few cycles, he's pretty astute. Then if he is bad we at least get more out of his lynch.

This is very true. I have played way too many games where I’ve died before C3. :P

When I don’t die early, I do a pretty good job. For an example, look at the most recent AG or BrightnessRadiant’s Reckoners game.

Edited by StrikerEZ

@Elkanah

@The_God_King

"Yes, well, this seems like as good a spot as any!" "The men do have mufflers right? As long as we set of camp quietly" Wow, this fire thing is really going to mess up some things. At least I brought this heating fabrial from Roshar. I guess we will see if the heat will attract the Shades or not. 

"How much glow glowpaste did we bring? Did we bring enough?"

2 hours ago, Sart said:

I don't think I understand this. How would we distribute these unique identifiers? And what's stopping an eliminator from reusing one of them? Sorry, it's just not connecting for me.

More importantly, we don't have any eliminators dead yet. We're already a third of the way into the cycle, and we only have one vote down. Unlike the Long Game, there's no benefit to waiting for a lynch, because we get alignment flips. I'm putting a poke vote on A Joe in the Bush. @A Joe in the Bush He was evil the last time this ruleset was run, and he hasn't posted yet. Other players who haven't posted yet are @Elandera, @Lord_Silberfarben, @BrightnessRadiant, @Kynedath, @Elbereth, @Zillah, @DrakeMarshall, and @Amanuensis

Hello this is the only post I've read. I assume the quote was talking about the anonymous docs after death, and unique identifiers are boring. I'm just going to be me and I dare anyone to try to copy me. :P 

Other than that I had an unexpected nap when I was supposed to be doing the KKC writeup, so I'm gonna go do that. I might be able to get a proper post together by turnover but don't count on it - something about this time tomorrow is the soonest I'll have time to properly sit down and do anything with this game. 

Oh, also, something I forgot to mention when I signed up - elims, please don't kill me for a couple cycles? After C2 ends go nuts if you like, but I haven't played in ages and might not be able to again before Championships start, so a C1 or C2 kill would suck for me, especially with the little amount of time I'll have to spend during those two cycles. Same goes for getting lynched during that time, but at least that I can see coming and argue about it with whoever tries - besides, I don't want to stop anyone from voting on me if they have genuine suspicion.

If there's anything else important, @ me or PM me please! (Actually regardless of whether you have something to tell me please PM me. I love PMs and will probably make them with everyone when I have the time to so might as well get ahead of the curve or whatever)

....low key feel like doing a Stink esque playstyle this game now

anyway bye! 

EDIT: OH ALSO I NEED TO RP someone please remind me to RP eventually because I can't right now but I want to

Edited by Elbereth

Okay, so from what I can see the main points of conversation this cycle seem to be about when to use knives, the use of codes in the shade doc, and Striker saying "we have plenty of time" which seems to have been mostly resolved? Welp, on to my thoughts about these things!

I think knives should be used after around cycle 2-3, at that point knife users will most likely have a solid hunch on someone they believe is an eliminator, and it won't be as flimsy a hunch as early cycles will have. I think sooner is better than later, the later they're used the less chances there are to actually use them since every cycle knife holders have a chance of dying, thereby taking the knife with them to the grave. I'd say it's probably not great to have a knife during the late game because at that point a huge swing is going to be potentially devastating, and a large change in information would be a lot to handle for a smaller group which would benefit the eliminators. Whereas a larger change in the information - in the playercount as well - with more people is more manageable. At least that's how I feel, I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed when a lot changes in the last cycles of a game since there aren't too many others left to analyze it all with.

I don't really see a point in using codes to identify players in the shade doc. True, people can claim to be other people, but then at the same time I feel like that should be part of the game in the shade doc. If two people claim to be the same player than people can use other context clues to deduce who is the real one and who is the fake. And that information will in turn affect peoples decisions and the information given which is a benefit since the more information shades have, the more effective they can be at roleblocking the right people. And I mean it seems really difficult to implement. You'd have to get everyone to use at least a similar system of codes, tell people you trust over PM (which is by no means foolproof) and then rely on people actually doing that which seems incredibly farfetched. I don't see myself doing it for the reasons listed above, and I completely understand God Kings perspective after what happened regarding them and codes in the last MR.

The striker quote seems NAI to me I think. Based on the information they had given right before that I feel like it was really just an offhand comment.

One thing I want to bring up is how many med kits people think are in the game? I think there will be less than the number of knives in the game, they seem really powerful since you can keep using them until you successfully block a kill. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there was only one this whole game. And if this has already been brought up then I must have missed it, so I'd appreciate it if y'all let me know if that's the case.

Anyways, I should be back in the morning with some suspicions hopefully? although they won't be too solid considering it's cycle one. And as is normal for me I won't be voting cycle one, just a heads up.

Edited by Kynedath

Hey, hi, hello. I'm here. I still need to do a re-read of the rules. 

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It's a poke vote: presumably he intends to take it off Joe once he posts something. I think it's a little early in the cycle for poke votes, personally, but overall it's NAI. This makes me slightly suspicious of you, but you're fairly new so I'll cut you some slack for now.

When turns last 24 hours, it's never too early for a poke vote. The trouble is getting too late in the turn for a poke vote.

I fully agree we should not kill some of the returning players in the first turns. Resist the temptation to be afraid of reputations. Please. And TGK is right. He and those who joined at the same time are no longer new.

While I'm normally down for a D1 lynch, my brain isn't cooperative today and I'm not really comprehending much of what's been said so far. I think I'm going to pass up on a vote for now, though that might change if I can wake up a bit more through the night.

Wait, the game started today? I legitimately thought it was starting on monday.

4 hours ago, Sart said:

More importantly, we don't have any eliminators dead yet. We're already a third of the way into the cycle, and we only have one vote down. Unlike the Long Game, there's no benefit to waiting for a lynch, because we get alignment flips. I'm putting a poke vote on A Joe in the Bush. @A Joe in the Bush He was evil the last time this ruleset was run, and he hasn't posted yet. Other players who haven't posted yet are @Elandera, @Lord_Silberfarben, @BrightnessRadiant, @Kynedath, @Elbereth, @Zillah, @DrakeMarshall, and @Amanuensis

Haha, nice. I'm definetly going to get a lot of that this game.

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

If we're slapping on poke votes, I might as well go with Aman. @Amanuensis, hi.

*Noooooo* He got poke voted to death in QF16 by me, let him live!

3 hours ago, The_God_King said:

I’ve read too many games with joe dying way too early. The vote is circumstantial at best but the reasoning is a poke and that joe was bad in a previous game. Not my favorite reasons to cast a vote

edit: also I’m not that new. I hate having everyone excuse my reasoning because of that. I’ve been playing for three months now and know the basics of the game. This vote was well thought out and I understood the reasoning. Sorry to be a bit defensive but having my opinion discounted is not my favorite thing to read

One: I'm used to it. It's almost a status symbol to me as it usually denotes a player that the majority of the other players think are good.

Two: the new thing excusing reasoning is lame. I'm one of the oldest players who still plays, and I'm genuinely terrible at this game. Being new or being old is not something I think should be used to excuse or give weight to reasoning.

2 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Yeah striker has that effect sometimes. I recommend we keep him around a few cycles, he's pretty astute. Then if he is bad we at least get more out of his lynch.

Fair enough. I meant take the lead in the role play. There's room for two more leaders if you want a spot.:D

I am breaking ties because lynches are my best source of information. We don't get nearly as much information if we don't vote with the intent of lynching, so I am skipping the conversation where we try to decide whether we should tie the votes by letting you know I will break it.

I'd also like to leave Joe for a while. I disagree it's early for pokes. I thought about putting one in my first post. I don't think any of this will turn into anything though. 

Ah, thanks Elkanah.

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

Hello this is the only post I've read. I assume the quote was talking about the anonymous docs after death, and unique identifiers are boring. I'm just going to be me and I dare anyone to try to copy me. :P 

Other than that I had an unexpected nap when I was supposed to be doing the KKC writeup, so I'm gonna go do that. I might be able to get a proper post together by turnover but don't count on it - something about this time tomorrow is the soonest I'll have time to properly sit down and do anything with this game. 

Oh, also, something I forgot to mention when I signed up - elims, please don't kill me for a couple cycles? After C2 ends go nuts if you like, but I haven't played in ages and might not be able to again before Championships start, so a C1 or C2 kill would suck for me, especially with the little amount of time I'll have to spend during those two cycles. Same goes for getting lynched during that time, but at least that I can see coming and argue about it with whoever tries - besides, I don't want to stop anyone from voting on me if they have genuine suspicion.

If there's anything else important, @ me or PM me please! (Actually regardless of whether you have something to tell me please PM me. I love PMs and will probably make them with everyone when I have the time to so might as well get ahead of the curve or whatever)

....low key feel like doing a Stink esque playstyle this game now

anyway bye! 

EDIT: OH ALSO I NEED TO RP someone please remind me to RP eventually because I can't right now but I want to

Honestly doing a Stink play sounds kinda fun. And same on the RP. Definitely need to do that.

Lol I agree. If anyone has the energy or willpower to successfully impersonate me in a doc, they deserve to fool everyone xD. (If someone wants to try, look at the end of LG55's elims doc, and I look forward to reading what you put in that doc xD.
Actually it's worth mentioning I genuinely think El could impersonate me, though I doubt anyone else could. Just something to keep in mind if we are both in that doc at some point.

4 hours ago, The_God_King said:

While I have no reason to assume Joe is good I think he deserves to live through a portion of this game Sart

4 hours ago, Karnage said:
3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It's a poke vote: presumably he intends to take it off Joe once he posts something. I think it's a little early in the cycle for poke votes, personally, but overall it's NAI. This makes me slightly suspicious of you, but you're fairly new so I'll cut you some slack for now.

Well, the earlier the votes are cast, the more beneficial they are

3 hours ago, The_God_King said:

I’ve read too many games with joe dying way too early. The vote is circumstantial at best but the reasoning is a poke and that joe was bad in a previous game. Not my favorite reasons to cast a vote 

I've played in and spectated a lot of games where almost everyone here has died D1/2. It happens to everyone. Also, everyone deserves to live through the early game... Which is also me saying that no one really deserves to live through the early game. : P
(The one exception I'll make to that is people who are either new or haven't played in a long time. Best to give them at least a chance to play before killing them.)

Just to make my point, I'm going to vote on myself. Fura

Ok, now onto reads... Which I don't typically do here on C1, but I will here... because I feel like it.

Village:
Elkanah, Elbereth, Megasif, CadCom, TGK

Elim:
Oh, I guess I don't really have any right now... Perhaps I'm giving out village reads a little liberally... Well, I was originally planning on changing my vote off of myself at the end of this post, but I guess I'll keep my vote there to make sure I come back tomorrow and change my vote.

Edit:

...low key feel like doing a Stink esque playstyle this game now

8 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Honestly doing a Stink play sounds kinda fun.

Gotta get that 300% win percentage somehow : P

Edited by Furamirionind

... ok hold up. Re: codes for shade doc identification, that would work for exactly one comment and then proceed to be useless because anyone who wants to imitate that person can just copy the code along with the formatting. Unless we made a huge list of codes so we would never run out, that would never be useful. Plus it feels a bit against the spirit of the shade doc.

Also it just occured to me that you could put another code at the end of every message, but no. That would be stupid.

Also, quick poll: do you guys think proving identity by using the who's online section is shard is ok or against the spirit of the doc? Personally I'm not a fan but I figured I'd ask for opinions.

2 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

... I don't like this but it feels like a fura thing to do, so no vote.

If vote on xino for the code thing but overall that's a very xino thing to do, so.

Yeah I guess I'll have to read over the thread more.

26 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

*Noooooo* He got poke voted to death in QF16 by me, let him live!

Oh, fine. Aman.

@Kidpen I don't think Xino's code thing is necessarily suspicious. Feels like the type of thing someone would say if they want to feel clever with codes, in any alignment.

Okay so my 2 hour nap turned into an early night of 8 hours of sleep :rolleyes: so I'm here finally.

A few things from reading through the thread. I think the knives are best used towards the middle game. Using them on any of the first 2 cycles at least is basically useless because no one has generally done or said enough to be worth killing. Saving them till late game is risky cuz you need to be right but you have more info than you would early game at least. The thing is, if you haven't found anyone you really suspect until late game then you aren't instantly suspicious for saving your knife lol. It's yours to decide what you do with which is part of the game, but it is good to listen to others opinions. (Gee now I sound like I have a knife xD) 

But yeah, middle game is ideal because you should have at least 1 suspicion by then I should hope. Also, I'd be really wary of passing knives. If I was gonna die and had a knife I might not pass it just because you don't know the alignment of who you're passing it to. I obviously would know my own alignment and I think having a knife out of play might be safer than passing it to an unknown. Anyways enough rambling about knives. 

As far as other stuff that stood out to me...

@StrikerEZ acting suspicious as usual no matter his alignment :lol:

I like how @Arraenae pointed out that saving knives till the end was dangerous.

@Megasif giving village reads on Elkanah and Cadcom and soft sus on Striker isn't really alignment indicative but I love lists like these to look back on when people die since interactions make up very important webs.

I do like this part of @Karnage post:

I think this is very valid and I agree with Megasif. There are pros and cons to each that I see. If they are used in the start or the middle of the game than there will be a lower chance of a wrong hit ruining the villages chances of winning. The negatives is that there is less to go on so a miss hit is likely. The positive for the late game use of the knife is that there is more to go off of in order to try to kill the elims. The negative being that if there is a mistake, like Arraenae said, a mistake could result in a loss for the elims. 

Agree with all this. 

(By the way I'm on mobile and hate having my posts get lost or deleted so I'm using 2 tabs if you're wondering why I'm copy pasting and not quoting lol)

@Furamirionind I'd hesitate using anything to soft clear players cuz I never trust GMs to do what I would do or what I think "should" be done. This always gets risky and leads to trickery. Especially if someone got passed a knife before a player was killed and then just claimed to have had it all along.

@Elbereth no special privileges, we're gonna kill you cycle 1 muahahaha :P jk Although I don't really like this cuz asking it makes it look like you're either soft clear village or elim using a not very nice tactic to be safe from the lynch for a couple cycles. A better way would've just been to ask everyone to give you a cycle or 2 if they don't mind. Rather than specifically referencing the elims. It makes it feel a little too "out of game but also still in game". Not trying to be mean or anything, just not sure it was the best way to go about it.

(I should really have not started this on mobile. Now it won't let me tag people anymore ugh)

Anyways what @Kynedath said about using knives sooner rather than later, I think it should be more like later rather than sooner lol. Using them middle to late game. Because simply using a knife just because it's getting too far into the cycles might not be the best thing to push. Having an extra kill late in the game can be useful even if it's risky.

I think that's all I'll say for now cuz I'm groggy and tired of sifting through the thread for the second time. Gonna have one more quick look back through for who I found less village. (Since cycle 1 that tends to be the way I view it more)

At the end of the game, the wrong knife kill can put the village into a state of LyLo, where they must kill an eliminator this turn or lose. Comparatively, at the start and the middle of the game, there are still a lot of other bodies left. If you use a knife at the end of the game, you should be very sure that the person you are killing is an eliminator.

Quote from @Arraenae (I'll go back on my laptop and actually tag these people) 

Just because we have a lot of bodies doesn't mean we should see them as more disposable. I'd like to keep the village count as high as possible and shooting blind at the start of game isn't a good way to go imo. I think I'll put my vote on you for now just because this seems a little like not caring if villagers die which should be bad regardless of the cycle because that's how we get into low number areas quicker. It's not a hard sus at all, just enough of one for a cycle 1 vote when I got not much else. Arraenae (again, will color when I switch to laptop)

I also have Fura at a soft sus just for the thing about soft clearing people with knives. If they had actually pushed that I would've voted them instead.

Edit: while I admit to having said I liked what Arraenae said (about knives being saved till late was dangerous) early in my post, I think it was good to point it out but I don't agree with her line of thinking that early game is better than late game as I think middle to late is best and more beneficial for not racking up a body count with less info on people and less solid suspicions.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
adding tags and coloring vote

53 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

"Yeah Yeah."

"You can quote this voyage's rules and dangers at me."

Holds one finger up.

"But you haven't answered the only one question worth asking."

"What's the silver lining to all of this?"

Calypso glanced at the man doing all the unnecessary talking and pulled her hood further down, watching where her feet fell so as not to step on a branch or a leaf and make extra noise.

The silver lining, she thought, is that the shades haven't heard all this ruckus. 

She shook her head. She stopped walking when Kendel asked if they should make camp. Finding that ring of silver would've been nice.

Especially with all this noise in our group.

She didn't have the same trouble others had at keeping quiet. Even if she fell and skinned her knee or sliced her hand she would keep quiet. She didn't have a choice. She was a mute. Living in this part of the world she had come to be grateful for this gift.

She looked to the others, waiting to see what they would decide about camping for the night.

10 hours ago, Zillah said:

Couldn’t someone just copy the code? I don’t see how it makes a difference. 

They can't copy the decoded code, since they don't know what it is.

10 hours ago, The_God_King said:

Mostly to try and make sense of the dead doc. The problem is people can pretend to be each other or pretend to be multiple people so a code works to ID someone. The problem is that this ties into codes, which I refuse to use now, so I won’t participate.
I imagine the codes will be in PM but if a single elim gets ahold of your code all the elims know which give them more power. That’s a real problem I just found in my ramblings

edit: @xinoehp512 what are your thoughts on this?

You could have more than one. Having at least three means even if one got compromised, you could back it up with the other two.

Vote Count, since I haven't seen one yet:

Xino(1) Cadcom
Joe(1) Sart
Sart(1) TGK
Fura(1) Fura
Arraenae(1) Radiant

There's five hours left in the cycle (man, I always forget how fast QF's go!) I'd better get a vote in before it's too late. Two vote minimum- I should probably make sure at least someone gets lynched.

16 hours ago, CadCom said:

Hello hello! I think I'll start things off a bit of a fun way. 

1. I'm totally not an eliminator. Or maybe I am.

2. I dont see any votes yet, so I'll throw one out. xinoehp is totally an elim or my elim accomplice. Let's all kill them. 

I don't think this one would be a good idea. :P 

11 hours ago, Sart said:

I don't think I understand this. How would we distribute these unique identifiers? And what's stopping an eliminator from reusing one of them? Sorry, it's just not connecting for me.

This is a poke vote, and Joe has arrived, so I don't think I feel like backing this up.

11 hours ago, The_God_King said:

While I have no reason to assume Joe is good I think he deserves to live through a portion of this game Sart

Agreed. I won’t drop my guard yet and won’t bow to any power other than the will of the passions my own fists. He hasn’t done anything crazy other than outline his thoughts on the items. His breaking tie may just be that he favors lynching. Something I differ from most players but accept that neither side is inherently wrong. 

That doesn't mean I want to vote for Sart either, though :P.

7 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Lol I agree. If anyone has the energy or willpower to successfully impersonate me in a doc, they deserve to fool everyone xD. (If someone wants to try, look at the end of LG55's elims doc, and I look forward to reading what you put in that doc xD.
Actually it's worth mentioning I genuinely think El could impersonate me, though I doubt anyone else could. Just something to keep in mind if we are both in that doc at some point.

Well, the earlier the votes are cast, the more beneficial they are

I've played in and spectated a lot of games where almost everyone here has died D1/2. It happens to everyone. Also, everyone deserves to live through the early game... Which is also me saying that no one really deserves to live through the early game. : P
(The one exception I'll make to that is people who are either new or haven't played in a long time. Best to give them at least a chance to play before killing them.)

Ok, now onto reads... Which I don't typically do here on C1, but I will here... because I feel like it.

Village:
Elkanah, Elbereth, Megasif, CadCom, TGK

Elim:
Oh, I guess I don't really have any right now... Perhaps I'm giving out village reads a little liberally... Well, I was originally planning on changing my vote off of myself at the end of this post, but I guess I'll keep my vote there to make sure I come back tomorrow and change my vote.

Edit:

Gotta get that 300% win percentage somehow : P

You do you, Fura. :P

2 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay so my 2 hour nap turned into an early night of 8 hours of sleep :rolleyes: so I'm here finally.

A few things from reading through the thread. I think the knives are best used towards the middle game. Using them on any of the first 2 cycles at least is basically useless because no one has generally done or said enough to be worth killing. Saving them till late game is risky cuz you need to be right but you have more info than you would early game at least. The thing is, if you haven't found anyone you really suspect until late game then you aren't instantly suspicious for saving your knife lol. It's yours to decide what you do with which is part of the game, but it is good to listen to others opinions. (Gee now I sound like I have a knife xD) 

But yeah, middle game is ideal because you should have at least 1 suspicion by then I should hope. Also, I'd be really wary of passing knives. If I was gonna die and had a knife I might not pass it just because you don't know the alignment of who you're passing it to. I obviously would know my own alignment and I think having a knife out of play might be safer than passing it to an unknown. Anyways enough rambling about knives. 

As far as other stuff that stood out to me...

@StrikerEZ acting suspicious as usual no matter his alignment :lol:

I like how @Arraenae pointed out that saving knives till the end was dangerous.

@Megasif giving village reads on Elkanah and Cadcom and soft sus on Striker isn't really alignment indicative but I love lists like these to look back on when people die since interactions make up very important webs.

I do like this part of @Karnage post:

Agree with all this. 

(By the way I'm on mobile and hate having my posts get lost or deleted so I'm using 2 tabs if you're wondering why I'm copy pasting and not quoting lol)

@Furamirionind I'd hesitate using anything to soft clear players cuz I never trust GMs to do what I would do or what I think "should" be done. This always gets risky and leads to trickery. Especially if someone got passed a knife before a player was killed and then just claimed to have had it all along.

@Elbereth no special privileges, we're gonna kill you cycle 1 muahahaha :P jk Although I don't really like this cuz asking it makes it look like you're either soft clear village or elim using a not very nice tactic to be safe from the lynch for a couple cycles. A better way would've just been to ask everyone to give you a cycle or 2 if they don't mind. Rather than specifically referencing the elims. It makes it feel a little too "out of game but also still in game". Not trying to be mean or anything, just not sure it was the best way to go about it.

(I should really have not started this on mobile. Now it won't let me tag people anymore ugh)

Anyways what @Kynedath said about using knives sooner rather than later, I think it should be more like later rather than sooner lol. Using them middle to late game. Because simply using a knife just because it's getting too far into the cycles might not be the best thing to push. Having an extra kill late in the game can be useful even if it's risky.

I think that's all I'll say for now cuz I'm groggy and tired of sifting through the thread for the second time. Gonna have one more quick look back through for who I found less village. (Since cycle 1 that tends to be the way I view it more)

Quote from @Arraenae (I'll go back on my laptop and actually tag these people) 

Just because we have a lot of bodies doesn't mean we should see them as more disposable. I'd like to keep the village count as high as possible and shooting blind at the start of game isn't a good way to go imo. I think I'll put my vote on you for now just because this seems a little like not caring if villagers die which should be bad regardless of the cycle because that's how we get into low number areas quicker. It's not a hard sus at all, just enough of one for a cycle 1 vote when I got not much else. Arraenae (again, will color when I switch to laptop)

I also have Fura at a soft sus just for the thing about soft clearing people with knives. If they had actually pushed that I would've voted them instead.

Edit: while I admit to having said I liked what Arraenae said (about knives being saved till late was dangerous) early in my post, I think it was good to point it out but I don't agree with her line of thinking that early game is better than late game as I think middle to late is best and more beneficial for not racking up a body count with less info on people and less solid suspicions.

I feel like Arraenae's assessment of when to use the knives was not skewed towards early game, personally.

I've gone through all the votes and I still don't know who to vote on...:o

Then again, Elkanah said he would break ties, right?

19 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Also I will break any tied lynches. Unless It would kill me to do so.

I guess I can probably make it on here within rollover if I need, too, so I can put a vote on anyone.

Drake Marshall @DrakeMarshall you haven't posted yet. Anything to say? 

nqctsqn,lqmiczx,xmwqnftis
Edited by xinoehp512

I seriously don't know who to vote. voting won't do much help since I don't want to follow any of those lynches, and someone already said they would break a vote.

hmm

Elkanah would be a great elim. if everyone trusted them to break any ties... if they were elim they would be able to control the flow of the game.

I am too tired tho. I don't trust myself with any votes, or any kind or reasoning or writing.

Edited by Lord_Silberfarben
im a perfectionist

I dont have much to say on the mechanics of knives etc than what has already been said at this point.

I don't know how to feel about Xino making a 6th one vote wagon as a poke vote a few hours before cycle end.

Making a vote here to get things going : while I do not solidly elim read Arraenae, I'm not getting a villa vibe here either. May or may not change before cycle end.

Arraenae  

I'm here :o I'm alive :D and it seems I have a lot of catching up to do :blink:

Please bear with me while I read up.

Also, @Straw as well as any player who PM'd me, for some reason I am unable to reply. There is no text box on the UI, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

ED1T: My PMs magically fixed themselves, I guess!

Edited by Amanuensis

So, we need a lynch. I don’t particularly find Rae all that suspicious myself, so I don’t want to vote on her. Not going to vote on Joe or Sart because Joe’s shown up and Sart was just poking him. And presumably hasn’t had a chance to get on take that back yet.

That leaves me with Fura and xino. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with xino’s code thing. Fura hasn’t really done much to make me suspect him, but he has voted for himself. That (along with suggesting my own lynch) is something I tend to do when I’m an elim, so I’ll go ahead and vote for Fura

do you guys think proving identity by using the who's online section is shard is ok or against the spirit of the doc? Personally I'm not a fan but I figured I'd ask for opinions.

@Kidpen, what do you mean by this? Is it supposed to be shared? Also, it's amazing if your autocorrect corrects shared to shard.

I agree. We should lynch for information. 

I'm slightly suspicious of Striker. Either he's trying to be helpful with his comment, or he's trying to give us a false sense of calmness. Either he's being friendly with a welcome PM, or he's trying to pocket me. Or all of the above at once.

@Furamirionind, are you going to remove your vote on yourself? Fura I'll do my best to see and remove it when you respond. 

28 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, we need a lynch. I don’t particularly find Rae all that suspicious myself, so I don’t want to vote on her. Not going to vote on Joe or Sart because Joe’s shown up and Sart was just poking him. And presumably hasn’t had a chance to get on take that back yet.

That leaves me with Fura and xino. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with xino’s code thing. Fura hasn’t really done much to make me suspect him, but he has voted for himself. That (along with suggesting my own lynch) is something I tend to do when I’m an elim, so I’ll go ahead and vote for Fura

This would be a very good distancing vote by you, had we both been elims. I want to be impressed... but... we're not elims together... xD

This vote by Striker seems very AI. But it could be the villager direction due to the unsureness of who to vote on, and not having any good targets, which is absolutely fair.

Actually, I do think Striker is village, due to how he is voting me for voting myself. It was forced, and therefore probably would seem more suspicious to someone looking into me. I'm going to say Striker is a village read for now, but this last post isnt truly convincing. 

You know, I kind of hate C1 where people are already producing real content. Makes killing them a bit more painful. xD

20 minutes ago, Mist said:

@Kidpen, what do you mean by this? Is it supposed to be shared? Also, it's amazing if your autocorrect corrects shared to shard.

I agree. We should lynch for information. 

I'm slightly suspicious of Striker. Either he's trying to be helpful with his comment, or he's trying to give us a false sense of calmness. Either he's being friendly with a welcome PM, or he's trying to pocket me. Or all of the above at once.

@Furamirionind, are you going to remove your vote on yourself? Fura I'll do my best to see and remove it when you respond. 

I'd give it an all of the above. : P. Though I wouldnt typically say that welcome PMs are AI. Probably best not to cast judgement on that quite yet.

Also, I'm not sure why you are voting on me here. You are voting on me to motivate me to remove my vote from myself? Seems a bit counter intuitive to me... though I could see it working. \shrug

You know, a game where half of the players are new or returning from a long hiatus really sucks when I refuse to vote on any of them.

The players I'd be willing to vote on are: Xino, Striker, Elkanah, Elandera, Kynedath, Kidpen, Joe, Sart, and CadCom. That's less than half the player list, which means I'm probably going to break my rule starting C2. Anyways, I trust Elkanah, Sart's posts are NAI, I dont want to vote on Xino C1 as I havent played with a high activity Xino before...

Honestly I'm probably most suspicious of Kidpen, due to the fact he called Xino and myself out for doing suspicious things, and then proceeded to excuse us for those things and delay voting.

Kidpen

I was about to cast 2 votes on Kidpen xD

Edit: forgot to remove the vote on me

Fura

Edited by Furamirionind

Fura

Will add a vote in a minute after I've looked over posts.

Edit: Rules Doc This way it's on here. 

Kidpen @Kidpen

I will also do my best to break ties so we get information from the lynch.

Coloring on mobile is annoying, but easier than switching to a computer. 

Edited by Mist

Well, Joe posted so A Joe in the Bush. We're also having a traditional last minute bandwagon, this time on Furamirionind. It's interesting that after Arraenae got a second vote from Megasif, two votes went on Furamirionind. Something's wrong here, so I'm going to tie the votes by putting a vote on Arraenae. While it is true that if you save knives to the very end you run the risk of dying with the knife, it's way too dangerous to use it early. It's a careful balance, but that post felt like an elim trying to get easy village kills.

And, ninja'd... Okay, that was the fastest I've seen a lynch train derail. I think everyone besides Arraenae has only one vote, so to cement the lynch I'm keeping my vote on Arraenae.

I don't really have any solid suspicions, so I'll put a tentative vote on Lord_Silberfarben, because him RPing a loudly annoying character sent me into a paranoid spiral of trying to guess wether he has a motive behind it or not. It's not much, but it's the most I have on anyone.