Quick Fix 44: Shadows in the Forest

Straw

Welcome to QF44: Shadows in the Forest!

Rules Doc (for clarifications and examples)

This is a pretty simple Threnody game. Typical quick fix rules apply, and this game is village vs eliminators. There are items, and players have some involvement in the game after dying.

Basics:

Spoiler

Cycles: Cycles last for 24 hours. During this time period, all actions and voting take place. Cycles are followed by a short rollover.

Rollover: 13:00 EST

Inactivity: If you do not post for two cycles in a row, you will die.

PMs: PMs are not restricted. Please add the GM(s) to any PM you make.

Lynches: Each cycle, all living players can vote on a player to kill. Please place votes in red and retract votes in green. Lynches require a minimum of two votes. In a tie, neither player dies.

Shades: When a player dies, they become a Shade. Shades are not allowed to PM or talk in the Mutineer doc. Each cycle, every Shade can place a vote on a player. The player with the most votes is attacked by the Shades, preventing them from taking any actions. Shades vote in their GM PM. Shade roleblocks have no vote minimum and tied votes result in no roleblock. Shades are not told the results of the vote or roleblock.

Shades have a doc to talk in, but the doc is anonymous. In order to maintain this anonymity, Shades are given a new doc each cycle. In the Shade doc, there will not be a place to sign in at the top of the document. There will only be a discussion area. People are free to use any colors, fonts, signatures, special formatting, etc to identify themselves. People are also free to use the same identification as another player. Players are not allowed to edit or delete the comments of other players. However, they are free to add comments after people’s posts.

Items: There are no roles, only items. As an action, you may pass an item to another player. When a player dies, their items are revealed and disappear from the game.

Factions:

Spoiler

Loyal Crewmembers: Your goal is to kill all of the Mutineers.

Mutineers: Your goal is to reach parity with the Loyal Crewmembers. You have a document to plan in and a kill. The Mutineer kill is a free action. This means that it can be roleblocked, but it can be done in addition to using or passing an item.

Items:

Spoiler

Knife: You may use this item to kill a player. After you use this item successfully, it disappears.

Silver Powder: You are immune to Shade roleblocks.

Medical Kit: You may target a player other than yourself with this item. If they are targeted with kill(s), you block one of the kills. After you use this item successfully, it disappears.

@Experience will be co-GMing, so please include them in all PMs. Please read the full ruleset at some point. Signups will close on the 9th of May at 13:00 EST. If there is a shortage of players, signups may be extended.

Player List:

1. xinoehp512 - Hades

2. Karnage - Shroud

3. StrikerEZ - Reverie

4. Elkanah - Cain

5. The_God_King - Mavet

6. Elandera - Thankful

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Silber

8. BrightnessRadiant - Calypso

9. Kynedath - Maledict

10. Kidpen - Aradia

11. A Joe in the Bush - Joseph

12. Elbereth - Crepuscula

13. The_Archivist - Archer

14. Mist - Rona

15. Sart - Sam Trudite

16. Zillah - TBD

17. CadCom - Patience

18. DrakeMarshall - Verity

19. Amanuensis - Nok the Bard

20. Arraenae - Resourceful Smythe

21. Megasif - Mega

22. Furamirionind - TBD

Quicklinks

Edited by Elandera

Of course you would. :P Yes, I miss playing too much not to (though my activity may be low on LG65 rollover days) - count me in as... whatever I was last time. Tinuviel? 

EDIT: Nope, Crepuscula. Because of course I was. 

Edited by Elbereth

I'll sign up as Sam Trudite.

Also, super excited to see all these new players! I think our sub-forum is having a bit of a renaissance. Although that might be because of people having more free time than they're used to. Oh well, I'm just happy to see new faces.