Extroverts vs Introverts

Extroverts & Introverts  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which on are you?

• Introvert
    • Extrovert
    • Neither (in-between)

Hey everybody! This is where introverts & extroverts can get together, and hopefully not kill each other. And see how many introverts and extroverts there are on the Shard. (I just think that would be an interesting statistic) We can talk about the extroverted and/or introverted things we do, (or not, none of this is forced :)) or tell introvert/extrovert puns. But there isn't a required topic of discussion (for the most part). I think this could be a fun place to tease (make fun) of our selves (or not, again none of this forced), or talk about how we are handling quarantine as extroverts and introverts. I my self (being an introvert) am kind of enjoying it in the fact that I don't have to be around people (other than my family of course) and have don't have very much social interactions. (other than through the Shard obviously ;)^_^)  

Edited by McWafy

I'm the kind of person that really, really, reaaaaally wants to talk to people but can't bring himself to do it. As for the quarantine, I don't know. I'm trying to make the most of it (I'm drastically emptying my to-be-played list), but I kind of miss being able to go out of my house farther than the store one block away.

I'm an ambivert( To those who don't know, this is someone between. I don't have any problems with talking to my friends, the bigger problem is, that I can't force myself to talk with strangers. It is on almoust unbelievable level. One of the examples is, that when I was writing here for the first time my hands were literally shaking.

Edited by Emi

I heard somewhere that the difference isn't if you like talking to people or not, but if you get tired doing it.

If you're really social and talk to people all the time and enjoy it and all, but that drains your energy, you're an introvert. It would be the exact opposite for an extrovert.

4 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I heard somewhere that the difference isn't if you like talking to people or not, but if you get tired doing it.

If you're really social and talk to people all the time and enjoy it and all, but that drains your energy, you're an introvert. It would be the exact opposite for an extrovert.

^

This.

Also, introverts open up a lot easier than extroverts, though the latter are much more friendlier and easier to open up to.

I think I saw a comparison once that said introverts are like plateaus stacked on top of one another, while extroverts are like hills. The former are much more difficult to approach first but then open up a lot while getting to know the latter is a steady process

It was fun to ruminate on but ultimately like all groupings, this division too is a generalization and if you think about it, arbitrary due to subjectivity

I’m definitely mixed. Sometimes, (and especially when I know that my friends will be there) going to dances, parties, and other social activities is the best thing in the world. If it’s all with new people, or people I don’t know as well, it’s nerve wracking, but I’ll likely still go. As for how quick I get tired of the social interaction, it really just depends on how things go. Some nights I would honestly just prefer to stay home and watch a movie, but during times like this, I would much rather go and do something social, simply because it’s been so long since I’ve done something like that. 

Yeah, like Eluvianii said, the real difference is that introverts get their energy from being alone, and extroverts get their energy from being around other people. And for that reason, I’d classify myself as an introvert. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t like talking to and being around people too. I just also need plenty of time on my own, to balance it out.

I actually really enjoy talking to people, but my big problem is just that I never do. I always over think things way too much, and so it’s hard for me to start conversations (though I have gotten a little better about it lately (well, I was before we got stuck at home)). But once we’ve got one going, and, I feel comfortable with the person, I can talk for awhile.

Even though I’m an introvert though, quarantine has sucked. Like, yes, I need time on my own, but I also need to be able to interact with other people too! For me personally, this has been too much time on my own. (Argh, I really wish there was a way for us all to go back to school, I’m dying over here!! :()

Edited by Rebecca

At one point in time I would have classified myself as an introvert. Over the last couple years, however, I think I’ve developed into more of an ambivert—especially during quarantine, when my inner extrovert is trying to claw its way out.

I do enjoy time by myself, but I also really enjoy going out and doing things with friends. It all depends on the day for me.

And I’d have to agree with Rebecca, quarantine has sucked.

19 minutes ago, R J said:

Huh, just 1? I'm not really surprised. I think the extroverts are over on social media or watching movies right now, not surfing internet forums

I think you're probably wright. I have a lot of extroverts as friends and 90% of them uses social media, whenever they have a chance -_-

the other thing is that introverts are more likely reading books

Edited by Emi

Introvert! I'm actually really really introverted, but I don't think that shows through my writing.

13 hours ago, AonEne said:

I’ll fight anyone, introvert, extrovert, or ambivert, if we’re fighting. 

I'll fight you!

Can I bring a weapon? If so, I'll bring Oathbringer.

Edited by Tesh

I'm about as extroverted as can be. I love talking to people and hate not being around them. Public speaking I have a hard time with but if you put me infront of alot of people and tell me to make them laugh I'm fine. 

But when it comes down to fighting... I'll run away!!

Edited by Retrac

On 3.5.2020 at 5:41 AM, AonEne said:

I’m bringing a character of mine who can reverse any action :P 

Let's see what Last has to say to that...

But regarding the topic - I'm an introvert. Even now, at home for about two months I'm still happy. Now and then we have a skype conference with our friends and I can lean back, listen to their chatter and enjoy that I have them. It's nicer of course to sit in the same room, but I do enjoy the time alone I suddenly have and while the reason I have that much time is awful, I personally profit a lot from the change in my life.

44 minutes ago, Retrac said:

I'm about as extroverted as can be. I love talking to people and hate not being around them. Public speaking I have a hard time with but if you put me infront of alot of people and tell me to make them laugh I'm fine. 

But when it comes down to fighting... I'll run away!!

Aww, this is too cruel, I can't fight him! I give up arms (but I have heavy books for self defense that I can throw around which will send you off to La La Land with one hit) 

Edited by R J