The coming war among the Spren

Oltux72

Vivenna has started something awful. She has brought shard blades and war to Shadesmar. Spren have weapons. Yet they are hard to kill. They do have conflict in Shadesmar, but as far as we know they lack the savagery of the PR. Compared to Roshar, Shadesmar lacks the best weapons. You cannot take a shard blade to Shadesmar and expect it to remain a blade. That was the settled state of affairs. Until Azure proved that it can be done.

And now the Spren of Shadesmar are facing a new opponent. The Honorspren have a major leg up. I guess that they will survive the encounter with the Fused. Azure is too nice a protagonist to just waste in a battle off screen. I think they will start a project to get more blades. What can they sell on Nalthis?

All she gave them was the technical know-how and we don't even know how complete that was or wasn't, they'll still have to somehow acquire the Breaths somehow and depending on how much they know/can find out speak the right Command and visualization. 

40 minutes ago, R J said:

All she gave them was the technical know-how and we don't even know how complete that was or wasn't, they'll still have to somehow acquire the Breaths somehow and depending on how much they know/can find out speak the right Command and visualization. 

Well as they literally are shardblades, I don't think that is a problem.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Well as they literally are shardblades, I don't think that is a problem.

Yes, they literally are shardblades, that in itself is what the problem is. Spren don't have Shardblades, because they are Shardblades, now that situation might change and given that there's significant tension between various types of spren, situations might escalate if they manage to do something practical with what Vivenna told them. And Vivenna gave this info to the most warlike spren.

2 hours ago, R J said:

There must be some human Awakeners in Shadesmar. How else would you explain the immediate question at which heightening Kaladin is?

Thank you for bringing this up. This bugs me.  I love Vivenna, but it seems like she’s doing some irresponsible things while chasing down Vasher for whatever he’s supposedly done. That seems kind of contradictory to me. But we really don’t have much information. Hopefully we’ll get more in RoW

1 minute ago, TrдVψLшR 0115 said:

Thank you for bringing this up. This bugs me.  I love Vivenna, but it seems like she’s doing some irresponsible things while chasing down Vasher for whatever he’s supposedly done. That seems kind of contradictory to me. But we really don’t have much information. Hopefully we’ll get more in RoW

It doesn't seem very irresponsible to me. The spren would need to buy at least 20,000 breaths to get ninth heightening, assuming they can even awaken, and then they'd need to be good at awakening, and have a good command to awaken the sword with. All of this without having any supply of breaths except what they can buy from the Nalthians.

19 minutes ago, TrдVψLшR 0115 said:

I’m speaking more to the relationship she has with Vasher. What could he have possibly done that isn’t similar to the way she operates herself? I mean she’s carrying around a new awakened blade.

Perhaps he killed a bunch of people with Nightblood. Or maybe he gave Nightblood to someone else.

We know that it's possible to convert between Stormlight and Breaths and that the method of converting is not yet known. 

Could Vivenna's explanation of her blade to the honorspren be the impetus for the spren's discovery of how to convert between the two? Stormlight is easier to obtain than Breaths, since it is regularly renewed by highstorms rather than requiring a costly trade. So, depending on how much Stormlight is equivalent to a Breath, the spren might be able to make their own Awakened blades without the need to trade for Nalthian Breaths. This could even lead to an influx of type IV entities. 

This is more than a bit speculative. I'm not sure how likely it is for the spren to figure this out, but it would certainly be interesting if they did. Perhaps the race to Awaken more swords in Shadesmar could even mirror RoW's arms race in the physical realm? 

(Also, this is my first post, so hello! I've been lurking here for a couple of months and finally decided to say something :) )

59 minutes ago, Trees said:

(Also, this is my first post, so hello! I've been lurking here for a couple of months and finally decided to say something :) )

Everybody has this stressful first time (on my experience and I think that most of people here)

I hope that now next posts will be easier to write for you :P

12 hours ago, Trees said:

Could Vivenna's explanation of her blade to the honorspren be the impetus for the spren's discovery of how to convert between the two? Stormlight is easier to obtain than Breaths, since it is regularly renewed by highstorms rather than requiring a costly trade. So, depending on how much Stormlight is equivalent to a Breath, the spren might be able to make their own Awakened blades without the need to trade for Nalthian Breaths. This could even lead to an influx of type IV entities. 

I don't think that it would be easy for them to learn how to convert stormlight to breaths, considering that neither Hoid nor Vasher have figured that out yet.