a lifless made from a mistwraith or kandra

so i was thnkng if there was any practcial uses for a kandra or mist wraith lifeless definatly see some use but a few downsides as well i mean a shapeshifting lifless could be awesome if it worked mechanically but i can see it being limited to forms its already digetsed since it cant eat any more bones i imagine a probable difference in the capabilitys of the mist wraith lifless and a kandra lifless but im not sure although making a lifeless out of a kandra may require some hacking do to hemalurgy twisting the soul of the mistwraith what do you guys think about a mistwraith or kandra lifeless and lets say you had one on nalthis what would you use this lifeless for and specify if it was made from a kandra or a mistwraith in your imagined useage 

28 minutes ago, The Cardinal of Death said:

but i can see it being limited to forms its already digetsed since it cant eat any more bones

Why not?  Order it to take a new form.

29 minutes ago, The Cardinal of Death said:

i imagine a probable difference in the capabilitys of the mist wraith lifless and a kandra lifless but im not sure although making a lifeless out of a kandra may require some hacking do to hemalurgy twisting the soul of the mistwraith

Investiture generally messes with investiture.  It could certainly cause problems to use a kandra.  The main problem I have with this is that I am not sure how either of these creatures could die and still retain a useful form.

31 minutes ago, The Cardinal of Death said:

hat do you guys think about a mistwraith or kandra lifeles

The whole invincibility thing is nice.  With the right command you may even be able to get the thing to heal and it keeps any shapechanging ability then you can avoid the law of paralellism and make it change to any shape you want.

Also that was all once sentence and it makes it a bit hard for me to read.

29 minutes ago, Karger said:

Why not?  Order it to take a new form.

Investiture generally messes with investiture.  It could certainly cause problems to use a kandra.  The main problem I have with this is that I am not sure how either of these creatures could die and still retain a useful form.

The whole invincibility thing is nice.  With the right command you may even be able to get the thing to heal and it keeps any shapechanging ability then you can avoid the law of paralellism and make it change to any shape you want.

Also that was all once sentence and it makes it a bit hard for me to read.

yeah definatly the main thing i was referencing with the hacking  being needed was this wob wich aplies to koloss but is a decent bases for what would happen witht kandra forcing it to be a mistwraith agian the ordering it into a new form definatly should work effectively a shape shifting weapon i geuss i was thinikng about a perfect replication lkie wanting it to take a new complex form albeit thats simply assumig the lifeless has a more limited shapeshfiting capabiliites but theres no way to tell

Phantine

Would a lifeless Koloss still be super strong?

Brandon Sanderson

You see, what is happening to create a koloss is a human soul is taken, sliced up, and sutured back together--with the spikes being the "stitches" that holds it all together. That's a problem, since the various forms of investiture don't play very well together. In Awakening, you're basically giving something a counterfeit soul. (But without the skill or knowledge of something like an Essence Mark.)

This means that in investing the corpse of the koloss, you have troubles. It's going to want to snap back to the original human shape and strength. If you COULD overcome this, then yes, it would be stronger.

/r/books AMA 2015 (Aug. 11, 2015) Edited by The Cardinal of Death

19 minutes ago, The Cardinal of Death said:

complex form albeit thats simply assumig the lifeless has a more limited shapeshfiting capabiliites but theres no way to tell

Mistwraiths can shapechange as well they just are not sapient.  Since this does not matter when making lifeless I would not worry about it.

25 minutes ago, Karger said:

Mistwraiths can shapechange as well they just are not sapient.  Since this does not matter when making lifeless I would not worry about it.

good point about that i was more meaning kandra but the mistwraith seems like the simplest and likely more efficient option and you could probaly just command said mistwraith lifeless to cling to a true body or something simlier if you really wanted it to be humanoid  

Edited by The Cardinal of Death