Welcome one and all to the grand Riddle Thread! Here, Sharders will think, ponder, mull, meditate, brew, contemplate, dwell on, puzzle, speculate...

*looks up from thesaurus*

Well, you get the idea. This thread is going to make you think hard. The rules of the forum game are as follows:

-One person posts a riddle at a time. I’m not talking about corny jokes or puns, I mean actual head scratchers that get you thinking.

-Depending on the riddle-giver’s preference, you may be allowed to ask yes or no questions about the answer (this is especially recommended for riddles that don’t have a clear answer/a story behind the answer where it is necessary for the solvers to piece together what has happened).

-Try not to make the riddle too math based.

-Once somebody solves the riddle, it is their turn to give a riddle.

-Keep it fun, clean, and original (no repeated riddles).

I’ll go first: 

Two bodies have I, though both joined in one.

The more still I stand, the quicker I run.

What am I?

Yay! This one's more of a logic puzzle, but it's one of my favorites:

You and two of your friends are captured by a monster. Luckily, he will let you free if you play his weird game and win. He ties the three of you to chairs in a line, so that each person can see only the heads of the people in front of them (the person in front can't see anything). The monster tells you that he has put a red or a blue hat on everyone's head, and that you don't all have the same color hat (they can't all be blue or red). If one of you manages to guess their hat's color, you will all be freed. However, as soon as one person guesses wrong, he will eat you all!

Luckily, you and all of your friends are perfectly logical and one of you immediately guesses correctly. Was it the one in the front, the back, or the middle, and how did they know?

The last person if front and middle hats are the same, they know their hat must be different; the middle person if they're different, they know because the back person hasn't answered their hat is a different color from the front person's. Both of the past two answers combined. 

@AonEne and @The Last Post, both of you are kind of correct. The answer I was told was the person in the middle, because of the reason @The Last Post said, but Aon ene is correct that in the case where the first two have the same hat then it would be the back person. Also, @Mist did condense those two answers. I didn't provide enough info in the riddle to really have one answer, sorry:P. I think whichever one of you three wants to go next should. Good job to all of you!

Edited by HeyLookItz

Oh shoot ok. In that case let me look up the wording so I don't mess up and make it impossible.

There is an island with 100 people trapped on it. Each of those people has blue eyes. The owner of the island allows any person to leave each night if they know their own eye color. Each person is a perfect logician and knows that every other person is a perfect logician. Every person can see every other person's eye color at all times and knows whenever anyone leaves.

One day, a human rights activist is allowed to come on and speak one sentence to all 100 people. That sentence is:

"I see at least one person with blue eyes."

Given this information, how many people leave, and on what night do they do so?

Fair warning, this has been said to be the hardest riddle of all time. You have to seriously think through it logically. The answer still confuses me when I'm in the wrong state of mind.

Let me know if you need any clarifications. I'll edit it and put in a note if I made any mistakes.

10 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Let me know if you need any clarifications. I'll edit it and put in a note if I made any mistakes.

What keeps them from asking each other what their eye color is? Could they look at their reflection in the water?

All of the people on the island leave on the first night. They realize that if there had been one person with an eye color other than blue, the human rights activist would have said: I see one person with x eye color.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

And why would he have said that?

Because then everyone would have seen that person's eye color, and, knowing there was only one person with that eye color, left that night. Then the remaining person would know that their eye color.