Same Spren Shardblade and Shardplate

AshenKal

Question

I just thought of something, a Radiant's Shardblade and Shardplate come from the same Spren, so would something happen if someone manages to own the Shardblade and Shardplate who belonged to the same Radiant before they abandoned them? Like would it be easier to resurrect the Spren or something?

2 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, AshenKal said:

I just thought of something, a Radiant's Shardblade and Shardplate come from the same Spren, so would something happen if someone manages to own the Shardblade and Shardplate who belonged to the same Radiant before they abandoned them? Like would it be easier to resurrect the Spren or something?

First off, we don't actually know that a Radiant's spren makes both their Shardblade and their Shardplate. It doesn't seem to make sense, as if that were the case then the Shardplate would scream just as the Blade does. I believe the current top theories on it are that Plate is either made up of a bunch of smaller spren associated with the order, or that it is solidified stormlight. As for what would happen if you had Plate and Blade belonging to the same Radiant, here is a WoB:

Rebeca

What would happen differently if a person found a Shardblade and Shardplate that belongs to the same Radiant?

Brandon Sanderson

That is an excellent question. It happened way more in the past than it happens now, but certain Blades and Plates are historically kind of linked together. If you were knowing to look for a difference, you would notice a slight difference, mostly if you could speak to or sense the Sword, but it wouldn’t have a very big mechanical difference, if that makes sense.

DragonCon 2019 (Aug. 29, 2019)

Oh I see, thanks. I thought they both came from the Spren since is the same bond just a different oath but we will see in the future. Also thanks for the WoB, I looked if he said something about it but was not able to find this.

Edited by AshenKal