Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mage

Is Hoid mentioned in the Ghastly Gondola Story?

Question

In the New Ascendancy broadsheet which is a paper in New Seran, there is an Allomancer Jak Presents story titled "The Ghastly Gondola", about the leecher detective Nicki Savage. Toward the end of the story she mentions a white-haired young man who offered to tell her a story. This sounds like Hoid in both appearance and personality. Does anyone know more about this, or is there a WOB confirming it?

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mage said:

In the New Ascendancy broadsheet which is a paper in New Seran, there is an Allomancer Jak Presents story titled "The Ghastly Gondola", about the leecher detective Nicki Savage. Toward the end of the story she mentions a white-haired young man who offered to tell her a story. This sounds like Hoid in both appearance and personality. Does anyone know more about this, or is there a WOB confirming it?

Yeah, Its hoid.

Questioner

Broadsheets of Bands of Mourning. The story that Allomancer Jak's sidekick... in it, there's this <part>, "After disembarking the the lift, I walked to the location where my foe would have hit the ground. I found no trace of him, and though no one witnessed his fall, a young white-haired man was there and offered to tell me a story. I declined." Is that Hoid?

Brandon Sanderson

So, there's a reference to a young white-haired man offering to tell a story. Whenever those words combine together, chances are very, very good that Hoid is involved. Yes, that is Hoid, but one thing I have to tell you is, not everything in that story... you are getting a story which was written by somebody, and then turned into a thing for a broadsheet. So, there have been some inaccuracies perpetuated in the broadsheets. So, yes, that's where that came from.

Arcanum Unbounded release party (Nov. 22, 2016)

Edited by Eternal Khol

The coppermind has a list of all confirmed Hoid sightings.

Welcome to the Shard!

As mentioned, yes it is and kudos for spotting it. It's also not the only reference to a worldhopper in that story. xD

yeah, most definitely

the story is full of worldhopper references, including other worlds curses, and a literal shade