1 hour ago, STINK said:

He could sense that there was quite a bit of discussion going on right now (seriously people, 4 pages how on earth am I meant to read all of that)

Too Long; Did not Read: We are voting for all the nobles and the commoners because some players are smarter than I am and did smart things with their calculators and this way we probably only bring one out of twenty of us on the horns for no reason. Otherwise, several of us might be brought on the horns for no reason. We aren't voting for the Edema Ruh because that might literally force them to permanently drop out of school.

Outside of that, it's mostly RP and a general agreement that getting the talent pipes is good. Also there is a really good clarification post on page 3 that I recommend studying. Also Also gambling might be good and I recommend taking an extra income from Devi with no plan to pay her back. It only works once, but at that point everyone except the Edema Ruh have basically been each given a personal mommet that we have the choice of whether or not to sell on the black market.

Things you'll miss by skipping the last four pages: people have been pretty open about what fields they plan to go into, but even I haven't been able to keep up with that and I did nothing but this all day.

Hey, everyone! I'm just checking in as this morning is rather busy. I'll be posting something of actual value in a couple of hours (RP, maybe some analysis, who knows). I'll place a poke vote when I come back in here.

----------

Lin Wa woke up. He knew that yesterday was a full 16 hours, like most days, but honestly he didn't remember anything specific. Guess he had just gone around the library? Today he would take a small journal with him today; perhaps being inside the University messed with his head (though in all likelihood it was an isolated event. He hoped, at least. It would be rather inconvenient if he had amnesia every day.)

Lord Siberfarben, I'd like to extend my official welcome to SE :P. Seems like it's in my own best interest to spread the love around, and that there might be a riot if I file a complaint about a Ruh. Some rather dramatic social turnover must have happened since Kvothe's time.

Arael had just been minding his own business, staying cooped up in his room, when he heard a complaint had been filed against him at the University. Apparently, the place was so prestigious that if you didn't spend half your waking hours there before the term started then people started accusing you of wrongdoing. In response to that foolishness, Arael had gone over to the university to file a complaint against one the jumped up commoners. People these days didn't have any respect for the hard earned station of nobility.

The outing had probably been a mistake. Arael had worn a hood to avoid attracting too much attention, but that only helped so much. He was sure he had caught lots of muttering and whispered conversations anytime he passed through a busy street. The worst had been a child, asking its mother what was wrong with Arael's face. And of course, while at the University, he hadn't even bothered, since everyone there was going to see him anyway. That was the reason why Arael had come to the University. Having a disfigured face was... not ideal for a nobleman, and Areal's natural reclusive tendencies didn't help his social standing. Only the Arcanum offered a way up in the world for him, and by extension, for his parents.

16 hours ago, CadCom said:

After the first person Cadici spoke to just looked at him funny, and walked away, Cadici felt a bit defeated. 

I think it's time to check out the food options around here. He thought. After finding a cafeteria of sorts, Cadici ordered a plate of the most normal type of food he could find, and took a bit too loong to eat it. He needed to make this work. 

Cadici knew if he wanted to succeed, he had to network. It was time to start networking. He found someone who was dressed in a rather droll selection of greys. He must have been here more to study than to party, so this could be the perfect person to start networking with. 

Cadici approched this person and started to try to strike up a conversation. "Hey, I'm Cadici. Just got here a couple hours ago. I'm looking for the College of Arcane arts, so I can get more information about which field to pursue. Any idea which way to go" 

The man gestured nonchalantly toward a building that very obviously looked like a place to practice arcane arts, and seemed to overall ignore cadici beyond that. But he didn't give up so easily. "So what are you studying here?" 

-----------------

So I'm still reading the rules to the game, After I see a few things happen at rollover, I hope to be able to put more thought into the game. 

15 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

hey, this is the time of the day in which I am online monitoring my messages.

feel free to RP with me!

sorry Lopen I voted you, but you were one of the unvoted nobles and

"I hate nobles"

Perhaps I could make up for it by joining your club? Cad seems interested too.

"I hate nobles"

"I hate nobles," said Lord Silberfarben once again, testing his new motto, “Filthy, arrogant nobles.”

His empty table answered with a sort of gloomy silence that only could be properly created when a perfectly functional piece of furniture is unused.

Perhaps I should make new friends, he thought, Those two conversing over there seem friendly enough.

One of them was sitting with a bulged mouth, eating, the other was standing, probably waiting for him to finish chewing.

An interesting couple. The talkative one was obviously Edema Ruh, with lively and worn clothing, and an instrument slung over his back.

The chewy one was more interesting, dressed in formal greys and black, most likely not a noble, those wore their coins in their dresses, golden cloaks, and the such.

He hasty finished his still hot broth and stood up.

They seemed like they could be his friends, applied to their studies, and without coin to flaunt. He should ask them what they would choose for their studies.

Lord had settled, for now, a term as artificer and a bit of some other things. Perhaps they could do some study together next term, or this one.

Friends, so many new possibilities!

He wandered over to them and nodded his head to them.

Leo was shaken out of his inner monologue with himself about how he should approach others about his club idea by someone asking where the University was. It's kind of hard to miss, he thought, but pointed the fellow in the right direction. As Leo started to move on, the man continued questioning him. Why won't this guy leave me alone? I need to talk to people about my club! Leo stopped, then turned suddenly to the man. What am I thinking? This is my chance!

"Cadici, you say? Apologies, my name is Leo, and what I'm studying is hardly important! What the University offers is a chance to get to know important people! I mean, not to brag, but I'm sure you can tell I'm super rich. Anyways, if you're a student here as well, I'd like to invite you to my club! In fact, you could be the second in command! Which...well, it just means you'd be the first member to join. But still! A chance of a lifetime if you ask me!"

At this point in the conversation, Leo noticed someone else had wandered over. What luck! he thought. They might be lower class, but they're attending the University, so they can't be that bad.

"Hello there!" Leo exclaimed to the newcomer. "Might you have heard me discussing club members and couldn't wait to join?" He didn't let the man answer. "Oh, and don't worry about joining costs or anything," he said slightly condescendingly. "It's completely free! So, what do you both say? I'll even accept ideas about what the club is about!"

14 hours ago, Coda said:

I have decided to vote, as it seems beneficial. I've picked randomly from those who are not Edema Ruh. My trusty random generator has given me... Walin! @Walin, you have been complained about. And now some RP.

Catalan carefully filled out his complaint form. A... Lin Wa had bumped into him and gotten mud on his cloak. That cloak had cost more than that peasant's room and board! He submitted his complaint, and stood. He had to track down the person who was complaining about him.

He found the complainer just inside the University. The man—Leo, was it?—was going around telling everyone about how Catalan had wronged him. Well, he'd done nothing of the sort. He'd just gotten there. He hadn't even signed up for classes! This would not stand.

He walked over, perfectly calm. Leo appeared to be flipping coins, for some reason. Maybe he was betting with himself. He must have lost a bet to be going out in such drab clothes. Grey and black? Seriously? Either he had no fashion sense whatsoever, he was somewhat religious, or he was mourning someone. Hopefully Catalan hadn't just made fun of someone who was in mourning. Even if it was inaudible, that sort of thing was dreadfully tacky. 

Leo hadn't noticed him yet, so Catalan just stood there for a long moment. When Leo finally laid eyes on him, Catalan smiled pleasantly. "Hello there, good sir," he said. "Is there any reason why you have sullied my good name?"

He waited for a response from the offender. He wouldn't leave until he got some sort of answer. He could stand there all day if he had to. He was a noble, for Telhu's sake. Both of them were. It would have been fine if one of them had been a peasant, but nobles couldn't insult each other like this. That could start a feud! 

@TheMightyLopen

"Ah, Catalan. Yes, I expected I'd see you sooner rather than later. It's nothing personal, honest. It's just, well, the other day, when I was checking out our classes, I noticed your shoes had a bit of mud on them, as well as looking a bit scuffed. We nobles have to do better than that, y'know? I wouldn't have said anything if it had been some Cealdan or Yllish, but I couldn't let it slide considering your rank."

At that, Leo began flipping his coins once again, completely sure he'd gotten his point across and that was the end of it.

Vote Tally

• Elandera(1): Elkanah
  • Devotary(1): DeTess
  • Lumgol(1): Zillah
  • Karnage (1): Headshot
  • Headshot (1): Karnage
  • Rover (1): Xino
  • Araris (2): Xino, Experience
  • Straw (1): Elandera
  • Coda (1): Lopen
  • Lopen (1): Silberfarben
  • Walin (1): Coda
  • Experience (1): Rover
  • Bard (1): Devotary
  • Rathmaskal (1): Hael
  • Burnt (1): Straw
  • DeTess (1): Burnt
  • Sart (1): Karnage
  • Xino (1): Rathmaskal
  • Silberfarben (1): Araris

Commoners with no vote on them: Zillah and STINK

@xinoehp512 or @Experience could one of you two remove your vote from Araris and place it on Zillah or STINK?

1 minute ago, Straw said:

could one of you two remove your vote from Araris and place it on Zillah or STINK?

I didn't realize that Araris already had a vote on them. I don't really have a preference between Zillah or Stink, so *flips coin* Zillah.

As the weeks passed Kendel became more at home in the windy towers. He'd go there after, between, and sometimes during classes to practice. It would have been nice to find a better piano, but on the bright side he was getting better at improvising. Frequently people would stop in just to hear him play and sometimes they throw him a few drabs. Paying for a place to stay seemed more and more reasonable. Usually students would come in and study at the few tables in the lobby of the windy towers. Once even a master came to get out of the cold, intrigued by the music. 

Sometimes the guests were more loud. One day a group of arithmeticians came in. They loudly argued about statistics talking about the likelihood of complaints and what they could do to cheat the system to avoid being put on the horns. Kendel tried to play over the commotion, but he was skipping his linguistics course at the time anyway. He finally gave up and left the piano to go daydream in classes again.  

His favorite was when other musicians came in. Their criticisms could be biting, but in the long run he found that feedback helped him become a better musician. After all, when he performed for others, they were the ones who got to decide if it was good. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS THREAD EXPLODED

Anyways, hi! I exist. @Zillah, if you were voting because I hadn't posted, just letting you know I'm here.

On 4/30/2020 at 7:03 AM, Straw said:

So essentially, you probably don't want to go into archives if you care about being elevated. :P

On 4/30/2020 at 7:43 AM, TheMightyLopen said:

In terms of fields of study, honestly, I'd say just go for whatever sounds fun! I do remember Archives being very popular in the first game as well, so that might be tough to get into.

That creates quite a bit of an IKYK... I'm wondering if almost no one will go into the Archives because they're discouraged from getting in, or if more people will go because they think nobody will try except them.

First of all, some notes about the Lodgings:

I think it was Fura who mentioned that the Windy Tower is objectively the best lodging. I definitely agree, at least for the early game.

The Horse and Four, being the most expensive and providing safety from sabotage and attacks, is most useful to those who would be a likely target for the Skindancers - so maybe villagers with powerful abilities. As of now in the game, there isn't much player analysis going on and thus not as much information yet to determine who is more likely to be killed. Also, with no offensive items bought or created, there are simply less kills going around. Until mid-game, when offensive items start being created, I would not expect Skindancers to stay in this lodging for longer than this cycle.

The Golden Pony is cheaper but still the second most expensive Lodging. As for now, again, there's not a lot of player analysis yet and votes are pretty widely distributed - players who are highly suspected or already somewhat close to being expelled would benefit most from the Golden Pony (particularly nobles who would rather not be disciplined). I could see people of either alignment who value staying in the university (and have decent money) staying here.

The Grey Man is highly situational - either people stay there when they're expelled, which means that they didn't really choose it, or they might be really interested in some aspects of Imre, which could be for many reasons.

now, The Windy Tower is cheaper than all three of the above lodgings and provides an extra EP. That's right, shiny knowledge points. In the early game, when everybody is trying to come into their own, but nobody is being highly suspected yet and there aren't as many kills going around, the Horse and Four and the Golden Pony aren't as necessary, but the Windy Tower provides more opportunities for player advancement.

All of the lodgings cheaper than the windy tower give disadvantages - hence, the Windy Tower is by far the best deal.

If I have time later, I've also been thinking about the different fields.

- - -

Caia Irèn scampered across the hallway down to the door of the huge lecture hall. Before going in, she glanced one last time at her older brother. "You'll do just fine, Cai," he said, smiling reassuringly. "I know this place is huge but you'll love it here. And I'll always be around if you need me."

Caia was carrying too many books to hug him goodbye, but she smiled and nodded with giddy anticipation. And then she opened the door - or, should I say, struggle to do so without all of her books falling out. As she gazed into the hall, her earlier fears came back. It was so big. And the people, there were so many of them! Clutching her books tightly to her chest, Caia tiptoed and took a random empty seat. She noticed that a few students were already shaking hands and smiling at each other.

Often, before coming to the University, she would imagine herself in their places. Laughing, talking, becoming inseparable, flowing easily as water. Now, though, the sheer chaos of everything going on seemed insurmountable. Well, I've come here to learn, haven't I? she thought. If I learn, I should be happy.

@Burnt Spaghetti, @Elandera, @Lord_Silberfarben, @Karnage, and whoever else was doing that RP - Caia is in the same classroom.

It had been a couple of weeks since Shard had arrived at the university. He still hadn't quite figured out what he was field he was going to study in, but had met with some of the masters to learn a little more about them. At the moment, he was going to a lecture to learn more about the fields. Shard quietly opened the door and slipped inside, observing the students inside the hall. There were more students inside then he had expected, but it was a large enough room to fit a group twice the size.There were a group of students that were bunched together and talking. They obviously knew each other. As Shard's eyes moved across the room he noticed someone who was sitting alone, away from all the other students. She had a lot of books with them, and were watching the other students. She looked like she was richer then Shard, and he hoped that it wouldn't make a barrier between them.

Shard hesitated, then walked down the row of seats. Once he got to the row she was in he asked her, motioning to the seat beside hers, "Do you mind if I sit here?"

@Lumgol

Guest Coda
42 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

"Ah, Catalan. Yes, I expected I'd see you sooner rather than later. It's nothing personal, honest. It's just, well, the other day, when I was checking out our classes, I noticed your shoes had a bit of mud on them, as well as looking a bit scuffed. We nobles have to do better than that, y'know? I wouldn't have said anything if it had been some Cealdan or Yllish, but I couldn't let it slide considering your rank."

At that, Leo began flipping his coins once again, completely sure he'd gotten his point across and that was the end of it.

Catalan stifled a groan and curled his lips into a sneer. "You think to reprimand me? Me? My house is higher than yours could ever aspire to be. Our power rivals that of the highest of kings! You dare challenge us?" He laughed

He laughed coldly, a wicked grin plastered across his face. His cloak billowed in the wind, giving him a menacing appearance. "We are nobles, Leo. I give you this chance to apologize here, before an audience of your peers. Rescind your insulting cries for attention, and our houses may yet have peace."

He walked closer to Leo until the two of them were standing toe to toe. "Or shall we escalate this? Shall we duel, my good friend? Shall we tear apart the University with our feud? That sounds fun. Your choice, mate. Apologize, or our feud shall be one to last for generations. Our lives will be brief, passing flickers of light to be consumed in our bloody war. Or you can apologize. Plead for forgiveness, and I may yet forgive you."

He snatched Leo's coin out of the air and held it up. "I know you love obeying the Mighty Gods of Luck and Chance, so how about this? Heads, you grovel at my feet for forgiveness. Tails, we feud." He tossed the coin in the air.

So playing an arrogant prissy noble is a lot of fun. Also, Lopen, you don't have to actually flip for it. Just say it fell on whatever you want to do, 

Ryykal had sat and listened to the pianist play for awhile. He was very quite good, even despite the poorly tuned piano affecting the quality of the music. He was very good at figuring out what keys to play when the right key made the wrong note. Very impressive. 

For now though, Ryykal was once again walking through the snow, shivering as the bitter cold bled through his thin coat and wool shirt. He'd lost track of time listening to the pianist play, and he really needed to get to class before he was late. 

Once he arrived, he saw that there was an open seat in the back near a group of students who were talking a bit too loud. He quickly glanced around to see if there were any other open seats, then saw someone take the last other open seat. Drat, he thought to himself, guess I'll just have to sit next to that group of students and hope I can focus on the teacher instead of them.

He sat next to them and began trying to listen to the teacher, but found himself lost in thought as he listened to their conversation. They were talking about what they were going to study, whether or not they should visit Imre. It was all too distracting because these were things he needed to think about too. Do I want to study the arcane arts? Or rhetorics? Or maybe linguistics? He thought to himself. Ugh, I just don't know!

~

Okay, I missed a lot. There was a whole lot of talking about math and probabilities and stuff, which I kinda just glossed over because I read the third and fourth pages at almost 2 am last night. :P

Other than that, I think people have mostly covered a lot of my thoughts on things. We need to spread the votes out as much as possible (for now) to not risk anyone getting expelled or anything. I'm going to vote on Stink because he's a commoner without a vote on him yet and because I need those sweet, sweet tuition reductions. :P

I think the most important thing for people to do right now is figure out the best way for them to get money. For the Edema Ruh, I think our best bet is going for the Talent Pipes as soon as possible. I think the best options for fields to go into for the Edema Ruh are Arithmetics, Alchemy, and Artificery. These give the best chances for reducing tuition costs and some of them give you the ability to make items to sell on the black market.

Higher classes should probably go into things like Naming, Sympathy, etc. since they can afford to take the burden of a higher tuition unlike the Ruh. Plus, that way, they give the Ruh a better chance at getting into a field where they can start earning more money/spend less money on tuition.

3 minutes ago, Coda said:

Catalan stifled a groan and curled his lips into a sneer. "You think to reprimand me? Me? My house is higher than yours could ever aspire to be. Our power rivals that of the highest of kings! You dare challenge us?" He laughed

He laughed coldly, a wicked grin plastered across his face. His cloak billowed in the wind, giving him a menacing appearance. "We are nobles, Leo. I give you this chance to apologize here, before an audience of your peers. Rescind your insulting cries for attention, and our houses may yet have peace."

He walked closer to Leo until the two of them were standing toe to toe. "Or shall we escalate this? Shall we duel, my good friend? Shall we tear apart the University with our feud? That sounds fun. Your choice, mate. Apologize, or our feud shall be one to last for generations. Our lives will be brief, passing flickers of light to be consumed in our bloody war. Or you can apologize. Plead for forgiveness, and I may yet forgive you."

He snatched Leo's coin out of the air and held it up. "I know you love obeying the Mighty Gods of Luck and Chance, so how about this? Heads, you grovel at my feet for forgiveness. Tails, we feud." He tossed the coin in the air.

So playing an arrogant prissy noble is a lot of fun. Also, Lopen, you don't have to actually flip for it. Just say it fell on whatever you want to do, 

Leo looked up, surprised when his coin didn't come back down in his hand.

"Oh, you're still here." he said innocently. "Apologize? For...? Oh! The complaint! I see, well, if it's gonna be that or all of that bloody feud stuff, sure, sorry about that. Unfortunately, since the complaint has already been sent in, I can't really do anything about that. But, as a token of good faith and for the peace of our houses, keep the coin! I think I saw a nice little shoe shine stand just down the street a bit you can use it for. Now, if you don't mind, I need to decide on where I'm going to eat my evening meal."

Leo did a small bow, pulled another coin out of his shirt pocket, and began making his way down the street, mumbling to himself each time he flipped the coin.

"Now, I haven't eaten there, but it just looks dirty. Hm, yes, that one looked interesting...but then again, I do have a sensitive digestive system, that might not be the best idea. I've heard that one over there has some really nice soups. I am quite hungry though, soup probably wouldn't cut it. Well well, the coin does like this one, I suppose I could give it a shot..."

14 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I think the most important thing for people to do right now is figure out the best way for them to get money. For the Edema Ruh, I think our best bet is going for the Talent Pipes as soon as possible. I think the best options for fields to go into for the Edema Ruh are Arithmetics, Alchemy, and Artificery. These give the best chances for reducing tuition costs and some of them give you the ability to make items to sell on the black market.

Higher classes should probably go into things like Naming, Sympathy, etc. since they can afford to take the burden of a higher tuition unlike the Ruh. Plus, that way, they give the Ruh a better chance at getting into a field where they can start earning more money/spend less money on tuition.

I'm going to disagree here. Everyone should focus on the fields that interest them, irrespective of social class. If your personal game-plan involves earning a lot of money, go into the fields that support that. If your plan involve finding new ways to break the naming system, go for it. For example, a completely valid plan for an Edema Ruh could be to focus on naming, and after 1 or two elevations, just quit the university and coast on your naming powers while staying somewhere really nice because you can spend all your stipend on lodgings.

Edited by DeTess

@Experience

"Oh, uh, yeah," Caia said, adjusting her posture and belongings quickly. She stretched out a tiny pale hand toward the newcomer. "I'm Caia. What do you think you are going to study?" [she's asking the character, not the player]

The man looked of a somewhat lower class, and Caia hoped he wouldn't judge her because of that. However, being somewhat poorer probably meant he had a real purpose in being here. That was a good sign.

She remembered hearing about just how competitive access to the Archives seemed to be this year. It weighed on some of her hopes and dreams - somewhere surrounded by books was where she wanted to spend the rest of her life. Maybe, though, she would find something else to learn this year. It was a huge world.

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

I'm going to disagree here. Everyone should focus on the fields that interest them, irrespective of social class. If your personal game-plan involves earning a lot of money, go into the fields that support that. If your plan involve finding new ways to break the naming system, go for it. A completely valid plan for an Edema Ruh could be to focus on naming, and after 1 or two elevations, just quit the university and coast on your naming powers while staying somewhere really nice because you can spend all your stipend on lodgings.

I guess that's fair. If someone really wants to go into a field, I don't think it's a bad thing if they do that. I just think it'd be nice to try and save the fields that can help people earn money for the Ruh. But at the same time, it's not a problem if someone of a higher social class goes into them. Sorry if I made it seem like it was a problem. I was just kind of thinking aloud and such. 

And if I'm being honest, I'm probably not even going to take my own advice for what the Edema Ruh should do. There is a certain field I would really like to study, and I'm going to working my hardest on getting into it. I can't blame anyone else for gunning for a field they really like, despite whether or not it's the most optimal play for their social class or not. Ultimately, people should play the way that they feel is best for them. I know all too well what it's like to get attacked for playing a way that is different than what other people think should be done. Should've known better than to phrase my argument the way I did. :P

The turn is closed! Month 1 is over. Month 2 will be up in 8 hours. Please do not PM during this time. 

Clarifications: GM PMs do not count for your PM:Post ratio. Also, for the spreadsheets: the Money tab does not affect anything - that is for your personal use to figure out your budgeting. Only the Player Actions tab influences what you do. And for the Gambling Den? Please put in the amount you want to wager numerically - so e.g. 1 talent, 5 jots and 2 drabs would be listed as '1.52'. Thanks! 

@Elbereth That write-up is fantastic! Everyone needs to upvote that! Literally one of the best write-ups I’ve seen.

Anyway, I’ll do more discussion and role play and analysis of what this could mean tomorrow, but here’s some quick ideas right now: how certain are we going to be that HH isn’t a skindancer himself? I can’t remember the last time someone pulled a WGG since Aman in the game, LG56, I ran, but it’s still a distinct possibility. Especially considering that the skindancers probably had anywhere from five to seven people to comb through the rules and would’ve noticed that they were the only way someone could go insane the first turn.

At the same time, I could be totally going down the rabbit trail of IKYK’s right now. I guess we’ll see if I’m right if/when HH dies. Also @Hemalurgic Headshot I’m interested in your thoughts about going insane. (He can still post, right? Or am I forgetting something about the rules? I hope I’m not forgetting anything). 

Also, it’s interesting that so many people got brought on the horns. I was expecting at least one person, but not that many. Maybe I just had my expectations way too low? Not sure. 

30 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

At the same time, I could be totally going down the rabbit trail of IKYK’s right now. I guess we’ll see if I’m right if/when HH dies. Also @Hemalurgic Headshot I’m interested in your thoughts about going insane. (He can still post, right? Or am I forgetting something about the rules? I hope I’m not forgetting anything). 

From the rules: 

When a person goes insane, they cannot use any abilities or items they had. Their stipend is put frozen and they will not have access to their coins. Their tuition is also frozen at the amount it would’ve been had the player not gone insane. They do not have to worry about lodging, as the Crockery is their home now. They cannot communicate through thread or PMs, since they are trapped in their rooms. Sabotages on the insane function as a kill, and they cannot be blocked. No action targeting the insane can be blocked, regardless of bodyguards or Medica/item actions.

33 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

At the same time, I could be totally going down the rabbit trail of IKYK’s right now. I guess we’ll see if I’m right if/when HH dies. Also [HH] I’m interested in your thoughts about going insane. (He can still post, right? Or am I forgetting something about the rules? I hope I’m not forgetting anything). 

Also, it’s interesting that so many people got brought on the horns. I was expecting at least one person, but not that many. Maybe I just had my expectations way too low? Not sure. 

Those who have gone insane cannot post, PM, take actions, or access any of their possessions. They're essentially temporarily dead. They still do count towards win conditions , and anyone sent to the Crockery early on has a pretty high chance of eventually breaking out if this game lasts as long as the last one did. Purposefully sabotaging a skindancer would put an ally out of commission for what will probably be most of the game, but if it's going to happen it would be early.

With votes on twenty one people, the odds that any one person not staying at the Golden Pony would end up On The Horns was ~14.8% or 17.9% depending on whether there are five or six players at the Pony. Say a 1/6 chance out of 15 or 16 people, so it's not unreasonable for three people to have gotten at least 5 DP. Coda getting at least 8 DP is pretty unlucky; it was unlikely that would happen to anyone.

12 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Elbereth That write-up is fantastic! Everyone needs to upvote that! Literally one of the best write-ups I’ve seen.

Anyway, I’ll do more discussion and role play and analysis of what this could mean tomorrow, but here’s some quick ideas right now: how certain are we going to be that HH isn’t a skindancer himself? I can’t remember the last time someone pulled a WGG since Aman in the game, LG56, I ran, but it’s still a distinct possibility. Especially considering that the skindancers probably had anywhere from five to seven people to comb through the rules and would’ve noticed that they were the only way someone could go insane the first turn.

I don't think a WGG is feasible right here. You have a one in twenty shot of breaking out of the crockery. Being put in the crockery at the start of the game does give you the best chance of breaking out, but then you are stuck at your current tuition and you have no opportunity to advance in any field. If Hemalurgic Headshot comes back he is cleared in my mind because I do not think a skindancer would give up the opportunity at advancement, especially with their alternate win condition this game.

... but maybe that's what they want me to think :P

It is very in interesting that we had so many people brought on the horns. Now that we are through the first turn I'm hoping to have a real reason behind my vote. That being the case I will wait a bit to vote, but I literally can not afford not to vote this turn.

Also I thought I saw somewhere in the rules that we can not have private messages with students not currently at the university. I can not find it though. I know an expelled student can not private message students at the university, but I thought I saw something about students in Imre only I do not know who left us to go there.

2 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Also I thought I saw somewhere in the rules that we can not have private messages with students not currently at the university. I can not find it though. I know an expelled student can not private message students at the university, but I thought I saw something about students in Imre only I do not know who left us to go there.

Expelled students cannot message or target you. You can still message them if you so desire, but they can't respond. You can message students in Imre at your leisure. 

Wow, yeah, Coda must have been really unlucky. Shine those shoes next time friend! :P But for real, sorry about that. Didn't expect anyone would get higher than a public apology, let alone a 3-turn roleblock.

As for HH being sabotaged, while it would be an interesting strategy to hit one of their own Turn/Month 1, it would be taking resources away from them very early. I'd definitely lean village, but if he comes back to the land of the (mostly)sane, we can deal with it then. I'd rather not focus on it, since we don't have anything concrete to get from discussing it right now. I do think it's a bit dangerous for Skindancers to go after Nobles right away though, because I imagine a decent amount of them are staying at the Horse and Four(Vintish start there and Aturans have a 50/50 chance of starting there). Probably a long shot, but did anyone have contact with HH, and if so, know of anyone else he may have been in contact with?

Holy moly, that was quite a bit of posts last Month. Definitely want to go back through and comb the game discussion posts. Loving this activity though!

Another reminder to get your actions/lodging in early, just to be safe!