56 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Have you spent any of your sweet cash?

Yeah, a bit of it. Got a decent chunk right now, but I thought I'd wait until I had a better grip of the game before I tried assassining or passing out protection. Not sure what the prices are right now, although Burnt told me Bodyguards are like...120 Talents??? So no chance of that. :P

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Actually because I'm a Noble. I thought I'd go for the richest player award. :P LG18 I was super powered Master Archivist with 2 Names, so I thought I'd play a bit more passively this time around so I'd be less stressed out about using my abilities effectively. >>

Lol, nice.

Ok well... I keep missing 11am, and freaking out just to remember that's not rollover anymore. >>

Fura(3): Burnt{2}, Araris{1}, Araris{2}.
Burnt(2): Elandera{1}, Elandera{2}.Elandera{3}, Elandera{4}.
Elandera(1): Lopen{1}, Lopen{2}, Burnt{1}

That's what I got. 

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@TheMightyLopen Any particular reason you went for Arithmetics? That seems like a weak field of study for a noble.

I guess I'll put my votes on Fura Fura. I was only reluctant to vote on him because he's roleblocked, but I'm not super convinced about any of the other eligible vote targets. It would be nice if Rath would show up at some point. Otherwise, re-expelling him would be a good way to dump DP.

I know you've been shifting to me being evil for a couple turns now, but I can't remember if you ever explained why?
That being said, I'm thinking Burnt or I are probably the best lynch.
Burnt, I enjoyed our PM, I did... But to be honest I'm not super suspicious of many people right now. I trust Elandera, and your votes throw me off a bit. You vote on two people, then talk about being nervous of expelling too many people?
But then again apparently I missed Lopen's votes on Elandera and now I'm confused again...

sigh

So my options basically involve voting on Elandera/Burnt, and increasing the chance they are Expelled... But also keeping the chance all three of us get expelled high. Or I can spread out votes... Wait a second, WHY IS KARNAGE A MASTER????
Did I just not see this before? I'm now upset. Lol He was who I was going to vote on. >>
Someone please kill him? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please????

I'm going to do some stuff and come back to the thread later... My head isn't completely in this game right now...

Edit: I just remembered Lynches don't give us much info... I no longer think I'd be a good lynch. xD

Edit again:

Walin was a Master, and Hael was about to be one. Seems like elims were focusing certain fields mostly.

Edit: Welp, now I've sent PMs to almost everyone in the game just this cycle... hope people can get back to me? : /

Edited by Furamirionind

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Lol, nice.

Ok well... I keep missing 11am, and freaking out just to remember that's not rollover anymore. >>

Fura(3): Burnt{2}, Araris{1}, Araris{2}.
Burnt(2): Elandera{1}, Elandera{2}.Elandera{3}, Elandera{4}.
Elandera(1): Lopen{1}, Lopen{2}, Burnt{1}

That's what I got. 

I know you've been shifting to me being evil for a couple turns now, but I can't remember if you ever explained why?
That being said, I'm thinking Burnt or I are probably the best lynch.
Burnt, I enjoyed our PM, I did... But to be honest I'm not super suspicious of many people right now. I trust Elandera, and your votes throw me off a bit. You vote on two people, then talk about being nervous of expelling too many people?
But then again apparently I missed Lopen's votes on Elandera and now I'm confused again...

sigh

So my options basically involve voting on Elandera/Burnt, and increasing the chance they are Expelled... But also keeping the chance all three of us get expelled high. Or I can spread out votes... Wait a second, WHY IS KARNAGE A MASTER????
Did I just not see this before? I'm now upset. Lol He was who I was going to vote on. >>

I'm going to do some stuff and come back to the thread later... My head isn't completely in this game right now...

Edit: I just remembered Lynches don't give us much info... I no longer think I'd be a good lynch. xD

Edit again:

Walin was a Master, and Hael was about to be one. Seems like elims were focusing certain fields mostly.

Edit: Welp, now I've sent PMs to almost everyone in the game just this cycle... hope people can get back to me? : /

Is oke <3 as much as I'd rather not be expelled in case i have a need to target people at the uni, even if to just roleblock,  I do acknowledge my behaviours not been useful as far as alignment, wouldn't have put myself at 100% otherwise so as much as I'm panic voting for self preservation, my lynch does make sense :P

Yeah it's a real problem having the suspicious people being the master's >>

HM what info does the lynch give us atm... It narrows the pool of who's targetting enrolled people I guess? That could inform regards to the sabotage but might also help the skindancers work out things like who's been killing them. Kinda why I'm worried about expelling too many people tbh. The fewer left at the uni the fewer able to affect the master's. 

Curious what other fields though. Would be surprised if there wasn't a namer among them. Sympathy I feel would be a pretty unpopulated field which would be easy for them to shoot up in. Even if it's not what they actually master in. Hrm.

Well at least I can say I definitely got back to you this time :P

I was hoping to get responses from PMs, but I guess that's not going to happen. I feel like Burnt should have set off Linguistic Analysis-there's no way saying that 'everyone be evil' should have been counted as truthful- but for that to be true Straw would have to be evil and been targeted by the Skindancer sabotage, which would be a great sacrifice for the Skindancers to make. It would probably mean they were protecting at least one of Karnage, Burnt, and Araris. It wouldn't mean Burnt is definitely evil, especially if Straw wasn't Linguistics. I'll put votes on Burnt, Burnt anyway.

5 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

everyone be evil' should have been counted as truthful

Unless it was counted as a joke? Are jokes lies? We all know the statement to be false, and she knows we know, and we know she knows that she does not expect us to be convinced... So is it really a lie? @little wilson @Elbereth Could you provide some insight as to how jokes work with this ability?

EDIT: Why is everyone PMing me litterally 10 minutes before rollover??????????? Lol

Edited by Furamirionind

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

Or I can spread out votes... Wait a second, WHY IS KARNAGE A MASTER????

Uhhhhhhhh. I thought that you would have know based off of the fact that you posed at least three times in here. I can't tell if you are being truthful or juking us out trying to make me look more suspicious or makes I am just jumpy. POSSIBLY FOR THE REASON THAT SOMEONE IS ASKING PEOPLE TO GET ME KILLED.

Jokes aside. Fura I hope that this feud doesn't last past this game. 

Is it usually this hard at this point in games to figure out whose who? 

I don't wanna die! Especially when the elims are still out there. Looks at <Burnt, Fura, and Lopen>

Okay I guess we will see what happens next cycle. 

Till then, 

Karnage.

7 minutes ago, Karnage said:

Uhhhhhhhh. I thought that you would have know based off of the fact that you posed at least three times in here. I can't tell if you are being truthful or juking us out trying to make me look more suspicious or makes I am just jumpy. POSSIBLY FOR THE REASON THAT SOMEONE IS ASKING PEOPLE TO GET ME KILLED.

Jokes aside. Fura I hope that this feud doesn't last past this game. 

Is it usually this hard at this point in games to figure out whose who? 

I don't wanna die! Especially when the elims are still out there. Looks at <Burnt, Fura, and Lopen>

Okay I guess we will see what happens next cycle. 

Till then, 

Karnage.

Hey I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to :P

Reads are hard. Specially with the lack of alignment revealing from lunches. I certainly don't have a clue who's evil.

Linguistic analysis be weird. 

People should plum bob

Has anyone done any omen recognition or fae Loring at all? There's a bunch of different ways we could be getting info currently and it's curious to not see any of that happening. I suppose y'all could be quirky pming it, probably by far the safest thing for your own sake actually

Edit: being up for cycle end isn't too bad huh. Conversation happens! Maybe I shoulda been waking myself up every cycle lol

Edit 2: no one answered my question about taking risks :(

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Ack. I don't have much time to say anything. I think it's very unlikely that the elims chose to kill off straw, even if it would help clear someone else because a master is just too helpful. Ya, that's about all I have time to say for now, sorry for not being here earlier. 

LG65: Term 6 Month 1 - Defying Gravity

[writeup pending, but suffice it to say that Leo tried to fly. It didn't go well]

Lyoan (Fura) went insane!
Knighter Nune (Rover) went insane!

Leo (Lopen) was attacked!

Bryn Aria (Burnt Spaghetti) was brought on the Horns and charged with Undignified Mischief!
Rath was brought on the Horns and charged with Conduct Unbecoming! He has been lashed!
Athdara (Elandera) was brought on the Horns and charged with Conduct Unbecoming a Member of the Arcanum! She has been expelled!

Arael Solon (Araris) is now a Master.

No one was elevated.

Term 6 Month 1 has now begun! We will get PMs out shortly!

Two people going insane, which means at least one of them was from a field. Fura claimed a dip into Naming, which would cause an insanity chance. I don't know about Rover's field. I finally bothered to ask about Fura being elevated 4.1 and 5.1 despite being 3 turn roleblocked at the same time as the 4.1 elevation. I asked about being roleblocked and elevated as happening on the same turn in my wording, which may have been wrong, but the answer to what I asked was that it wasn't possible, which I think does mean Fura was lying about not having nahlrout. 

Elandera had enough EP to become a Master but didn't get it, which means one of the current Masters is in her field. I don't have a great way of knowing who that would be.

Lopen survived an attack, and while the attack isn't too unexpected from certain calls to attack Masters, the survival is interesting. Horse and 4 is perhaps the most likely, though it's entirely possible Lopen did manage to snag a bodyguard early on or enlisted someone else's help for protection.

Well, I’m glad to finally have a Master that I trust :P.

I’m rather surprised that someone attacked Lopen, given his claim of Arithmetics. Losing 30% of your cash seems like a steep cost for a failed attack. Also, the write up says that Lopen was attacked, but not protected. Given the “attempt to fly,” I’d wager the friendly namer took a shot at him, and as Burnt said, Wind wasn’t enough for a kill on its own.

*sigh* You weren't billed your tuition, again, because I need to remember that when I fix a thing I then have to copy it everywhere else so it stays fixed

New totals will be PMed out in the morning, but just do some basic subtraction and you'll be fine. 

Hmm... Rover was expelled right? So couldn't have been a mews insanity cracking and fura claimed they were on the streets. A sabotage on an expelled counts as a kill I thought. And Rovers not dead. So not the sabotage.  So Rover would've had to have cracked from field stuff. Unless someone used wind to create insidious whispers to add to their insanity. 

That would mean fura would've had to been the sabotage target then which makes more sense imo. Anyone dabbling in naming should be considered a dangerous player to have around. Especially since if all villagers were expelled, the namers would be able to work around that to still get to the skindancers in the uni. So that makes sense that fura was targetted.

Unless, theory 3: both cracked from actions and the sabotager was roleblocked 

What I'm most curious about though is if lopen was attacked by a villager or an Elim. I could see it being either. Elims wouldn't want other master's getting in their way so would need to chip away at them. Wind may not kill but may at least do something about protection or temporarily stop them being a problem so might be more of something like that...? I dunno.

Tbh I'm just surprised how the dp resulted in regards to expulsions. Though gotta admit- scattershot ep has done wonders for cancelling out dp this game.

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

12 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I asked about being roleblocked and elevated as happening on the same turn in my wording, which may have been wrong, but the answer to what I asked was that it wasn't possible, which I think does mean Fura was lying about not having nahlrout. 

Fura was elevated incorrectly. We weren't tracking the lashes effects on elevations like we should've been and Fura was elevated when he was still supposed to be roleblocked.

14 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Two people going insane, which means at least one of them was from a field. Fura claimed a dip into Naming, which would cause an insanity chance. I don't know about Rover's field. I finally bothered to ask about Fura being elevated 4.1 and 5.1 despite being 3 turn roleblocked at the same time as the 4.1 elevation. I asked about being roleblocked and elevated as happening on the same turn in my wording, which may have been wrong, but the answer to what I asked was that it wasn't possible, which I think does mean Fura was lying about not having nahlrout. 

Elandera had enough EP to become a Master but didn't get it, which means one of the current Masters is in her field. I don't have a great way of knowing who that would be.

Lopen survived an attack, and while the attack isn't too unexpected from certain calls to attack Masters, the survival is interesting. Horse and 4 is perhaps the most likely, though it's entirely possible Lopen did manage to snag a bodyguard early on or enlisted someone else's help for protection.

While not too unexpected, have to say I am disappointed if it was a villager who attacked me(and it seems like it was unless the elims have Naming they haven't used until this point). I feel like Karnage or Experience were better targets, but I guess I'm biased. :P As far as how I survived, I think that's probably not a good idea to share with the thread.

11 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I’m glad to finally have a Master that I trust :P.

I’m rather surprised that someone attacked Lopen, given his claim of Arithmetics. Losing 30% of your cash seems like a steep cost for a failed attack. Also, the write up says that Lopen was attacked, but not protected. Given the “attempt to fly,” I’d wager the friendly namer took a shot at him, and as Burnt said, Wind wasn’t enough for a kill on its own.

Well I am a Master now, so I get to choose who to pickpocket instead of pickpocketing only those who target me. So I didn't end up pickpocketing my attacker.

Anyways, I'm back at home! If I'm still alive next round, I'll purchase an Assassin and let the thread choose the target to sort of set up a 2nd lynch that can also hit Masters. I think that's the most useful thing I can do for now.

Here's the current sane non-expelled player list:

El'the
Elkanah (Edema Ruh)
Burnt Spaghetti (Commoner)
Devotary of Spontaneity (Noble)
Rathmaskal (Commoner)

Master
Araris Valerian (Noble)
Experience (Commoner)
TheMightyLopen (Noble)
Karnage (Noble)

I'm fairly sure that both Burnt and Devotary are village. I don't know about Elkanah or Rath, but I'll give Rath some slack, since he's been gone for a while, and vote on Elkanah Elkanah. That's where my 5 DP are probably going to go.

53 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Here's the current sane non-expelled player list:

El'the
Elkanah (Edema Ruh)
Burnt Spaghetti (Commoner)
Devotary of Spontaneity (Noble)
Rathmaskal (Commoner)

Master
Araris Valerian (Noble)
Experience (Commoner)
TheMightyLopen (Noble)
Karnage (Noble)

I'm fairly sure that both Burnt and Devotary are village. I don't know about Elkanah or Rath, but I'll give Rath some slack, since he's been gone for a while, and vote on Elkanah Elkanah. That's where my 5 DP are probably going to go.

Ouch! Those stab votes though. Is this just because you can't hit a master? I am not sure why else you would be targeting me. I do not want to vote because I think the masters are the skindancers, but I may have to spread a little of the love to avoid expulsion. I am not sure about Burnt or Rath, but I will agree with you on Devotary. My highest suspects are Karnage and Experience.

Will you take your own advice from last month and reveal what field you became a master in? Karnage already said he doesn't think that sharing would help the village, but you and I disagree. I would also like to hear from @Experience. What Field did you become a master in?

To make my post a little longer here is my understanding of each player.

El The

Elkanah: Village and hoping to grow up to be a master some day.

Burnt: Cleared by linguistic analysis (Straw)

Devotary: Cleared by voting patterns (Hael)

Rath: 7 posts this game. Death on the streets? @Rathmaskal??

Masters

Araris: Cleared by voting patterns (Hael)

Experience: Flying under the Radar

Karnage: Mostly just a gut feeling... Also process of elimination

Lopen: Feels aight to me, but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps. :P

Edit:

I guess I won the Free For All Game :P I'm the last Edema Ruh at the university :D

Edited by Elkanah

I'm voting for you because I don't know your alignment, and because expelling everyone (and then assassinating all the Masters) would lead to a village win. I'm also not super comfortable revealing my field of study to the thread. I only wanted that last cycle because I thought (and still think) 2-3 of the masters are elims. 

I'm also kind of suspicious of Lopen, and your village read on him makes me uncomfortable.

20 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm voting for you because I don't know your alignment, and because expelling everyone (and then assassinating all the Masters) would lead to a village win. I'm also not super comfortable revealing my field of study to the thread. I only wanted that last cycle because I thought (and still think) 2-3 of the masters are elims. 

I'm also kind of suspicious of Lopen, and your village read on him makes me uncomfortable.

Solid point. I can certainly get behind that strategy. I really want to vote on rath but for now, I'll let you expel me. It's been a few turns since I've been to imre. How much are assassins going for? My guess is the masters will take a few hits before they die. I kind of wish I were an Alchemist now.

Can you remind me why we do not trust Lopen? There were a few people who suspected him, but that was when I was less active. I am totally down to kill him. Just after experience and Karnage.

29 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Yah, whats up with that, any furthur insight you want to give us?  Why would Lopen not be suspicious?

As for the votes Elkanah and Elkanah