Okedokie so since i can’t vote on masters, im not gonna look into them, just gonna stick to the current votables. 

Though. Voting elthe’s is seeming to be less and less useful as more and more just go Surprise im a master! Your votes no longer matter looool!

So who we got.

• We got Fura, the only one we can probably trust to not insta become master. Then again they probably got that much stored up ep that chances are they could just zip up to master as soon as they hit elthe for all we know. Fura Is nice to pm. I look forward to more pm spammage in the future so would like it if they didn’t get expelled but then chattiness doesn’t make someone innocent either :P Though if we both got expelled the pms wouldn’t stop hmmmmmm thems be ideas :P
    If people get lashed we don’t actually know if the roleblock goes through do we? I mean they can say, but, nahlrouts a thing. Even an edema should be able to afford one
    Overall fairly neutral about fura though
  • Second up, the other enrolled edema still managing tuition, you poor soul Elkanah. I’m inclined to believe they’re a villager given the alleged protect on xino which sorta worked sorta didn’t.
  • Third in the list be me! Burnt! Who despite being positively useless in thread thus far is technically kinda confirmed villager if you trust straw, who just went insane, presumably the sabotage. Because I was truthful when I said i thought Hael, an elim, was a villager. If i was evil that would’ve been a total lie. Therefore, not evil. Definitely needs to actually properly do stuff in thread for sure, but not evil.
  • Devotary- i suppose i agree on elanderas read as far as devs concerned
  • Rath - welcome back to the ranks of the unexpelled! I have no thoughts concerning you and gonna leave you be cause seems unfair to expel someone when they just got back from a temporary hiatus!
  • Elandera- uncertain.  Part of me is just growly that they’re voting for me, but i get it as far as my behaviour has been this game. Maybe i’m just surprised they didn’t take the truth reads into consideration with their reads and votes.
  • Araris - For the same reasons i believe myself to be cleared, I consider araris cleared. They truthfully put hael as a leaning village in their list iirc. Therefore not evil. I know straw did linguistic actions cause straw broke one of my wards in the process so I fully believe what they claimed in regards to the reads.

6 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Elandera- uncertain.  Part of me is just growly that they’re voting for me, but i get it as far as my behaviour has been this game. Maybe i’m just surprised they didn’t take the truth reads into consideration with their reads and votes.

I've been debating that point with myself since you brought it up. I trust Straw within reason, but what gets me is how calling yourself 100% suspicious is not a lie. With that same reasoning and phrasing, you could easily say a teammate is only 30% suspicious and have it be true, so long as they had remained mostly unsuspicious in public. 

And honestly, I'm not sure if I know of a better target. All the ones I really want to vote on are masters. 

37 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

We got Fura, the only one we can probably trust to not insta become master. Then again they probably got that much stored up ep that chances are they could just zip up to master as soon as they hit elthe for all we know. Fura Is nice to pm. I look forward to more pm spammage in the future so would like it if they didn’t get expelled but then chattiness doesn’t make someone innocent either :P Though if we both got expelled the pms wouldn’t stop hmmmmmm thems be ideas :P
If people get lashed we don’t actually know if the roleblock goes through do we? I mean they can say, but, nahlrouts a thing. Even an edema should be able to afford one

I'm not sure I like these ideas xD

No Nalroot for me, don't listen to Devotary :ph34r: 

•  
  • Third in the list be me! Burnt! Who despite being positively useless in thread thus far is technically kinda confirmed villager if you trust straw, who just went insane, presumably the sabotage. Because I was truthful when I said i thought Hael, an elim, was a villager. If i was evil that would’ve been a total lie. Therefore, not evil. Definitely needs to actually properly do stuff in thread for sure, but not evil.

A Straw/Burnt elim team would be really cool where Straw gets elevated in Naming or something, and then fake claims Linguistics after becoming master Namer... then went Insane to Naming as the Physicker is dead... Though to do that effectively he would need to have a good idea of who else is going into Linguistics to make sure he wont get caught... so not plausible... Really cool tin-foil though.

Also... I'd still need to reread your analysis to agree with you on the you being confirmed, but It's probably fair to at least give you slight villager right now. : P

Araris - For the same reasons i believe myself to be cleared, I consider araris cleared. They truthfully put hael as a leaning village in their list iirc. Therefore not evil. I know straw did linguistic actions cause straw broke one of my wards in the process so I fully believe what they claimed in regards to the reads

Oh really? Ok, that's pretty good then. Unless you are an elim with Straw

Edit:

"You Can’t Stop the Beets"
... Hmmmmmm : P

Edited by Furamirionind

Well, lets see. Hmmm, I am very glad that I can still talk in the thread. That is very nice.

Straw going insane does not bode well for me, I get that. But the thing is, wouldn't the elims make them go insane so that I would look even more suspicious? 

11 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I guess I'd call for each Master to reveal their field of study and what they've been up to. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this

Not sure how that would help the village more than the elim team. Wouldn't that just give the elim team information so that they could better judge who they make insane? Straw revealed what they were and what they could do and look what happened to them. 

The only ones that don't lean elim for me are Elandera, Devotary, and Experiance. 

13 hours ago, Elandera said:

@Rathmaskal I didn't even know you were still in this. Where are you, and what are your thoughts. I will put my votes on you until you show up, at least I hope you show up. Rath, Rath.

Well, I will be back in a bit.

@Karnage because the village is sort of close to losing the game, we stand to lose less by revealing information. Yeah, Straw got killed for his reveal, but if all 3 masters reveal, I doubt the elims can kill all of them in a turn.

Also @Elandera I think the lie detection might be fundamentally different on a village list of reads versus an elim one. The elims know all the alignments, so anytime they give a “read” that is incorrect, it would probably come up as a lie, unless they were careful with their language. I’m not sure anything in a villager read list would trigger a lie, since I might have done if it were possible.

I guess I’ll trust Burnt a bit more for now (I’d forgotten about Straw scanning her).

edit: on that note, @Burnt Spaghetti, you might consider using Wind to attack whichever Master you suspect the most. That shouldn’t mess with your sanity, and we sort of need to take down probably all the current masters.

edit2: We currently have a 30% chance for one of the insane players to break out of the Crockery. We can probably bank on that happening at least once before game end.

Edited by Araris Valerian

4 hours ago, Karnage said:

I didn't even know you were still in this. Where are you, and what are your thoughts. I will put my votes on you until you show up, at least I hope you show up. Rath, Rath.

It's in the write-up post that Rath was mistakenly expelled before and so has been allowed to return. 

@Araris Valerian, while I normally advocate for caution in sharing, this is the point where I will agree. I think it would be better for village to know what fields the Masters control. 

And you're probably right about Burnt. I'm probably being overly paranoid and frustrated that the people I really want to expel can't be expelled. 

Burnt Burnt

18 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Elevations take place before punishment, so Lopen and Karnage became Masters in time to cancel all DP.

Xino dying to his wounds I think means someone tried to protect him with Cheating Death and failed. It probably could have been Elkanah's attempt merely delaying his death, though I'm not entirely sure how Cheating Death applies to a combined sabotage/kill.

Yeah, I tried and failed. "If Hael had been there, could he have succeeded?!" Probably. But then, it was his team that double tapped Xino. Sooo he probably wouldn't have tried.

18 hours ago, Elandera said:

Elkanah: Neutral. While their activity has been relatively high (excluding a few turns ago), there hasn't been a lot of AI content that I can remember. They don't have many interactions with Hael, other than Hael referencing them as low to inactive. Elkanah is usually more outspoken, but I can understand RL things getting in the way (just see my activity and contribution at the beginning of this game).

Honestly a lot of my early game analysis was prewritten in case I was an edema ruh. It was a good choice because it kept me in school longer than I might otherwise have been able. 

A super interesting play here would be to have elim!straw clear two skindancers then remove him from the game without revealing his alignment letting us all assume he was good. I don't think that's what they did, but that's exactly the stupidly contrived plan I would get shot down in a dead doc for, so I thought that I would share it.

18 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Elevations take place before punishment, so Lopen and Karnage became Masters in time to cancel all DP.

This is super interesting. So any El The we lynch has as good a chance of being a Master as being expelled as far as we know.  I'm leaning village on Fura for now, so I don't know if I'll even vote this cycle.

18 hours ago, Elandera said:

Of the people for whom I can vote, Araris and Devotary are pretty solid. I've chosen to trust Elandera and Fura. I'm grudgingly taking Straw's word about Burnt which only leaves re-expelling Rath. Which feels bad, but it might be what I go for.

Another 200 words coming up ;)

@Araris Valerian

edit: on that note, @Burnt Spaghetti, you might consider using Wind to attack whichever Master you suspect the most. That shouldn’t mess with your sanity, and we sort of need to take down probably all the current masters.

Ehhhh I mean I could, but wind wouldn't kill, only maybe roleblock which could be easier done with someone's nahlrouts. Yeah the plus one isn't much insanity but if I learn a second name it makes using my artificery significantly more risky because I could go insane just from making a ward. I suppose we're reaching a point where caution isn't helpful but ehh. Either I'm an artificer or a namer. Unless I have a physicker to rely on, I won't be able to be both. And there's always my third area I'm in but that one's far less useful currently. I do agree about master's being problematic though.

17 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

20 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm. If there are two elim Masters, that doesn't really give them the ability to expel students reliably without revealing themselves in votes. Three would be pretty bad (in fact, the game might be almost over if there are 3 elim masters). I guess I'd call for each Master to reveal their field of study and what they've been up to. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this

I super agree with thisnot at all because I'm afraid I'm putting elevation points into a field that has already been taken:ph34r:

17 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Fair :P That lack of AI content was why i labelled myself 100% after all, so can't argue :P And I was best buddies with an elim. Xcept if you trust straw, and trust his truth read, me saying i thought hael was village when it turned out to not be the case would be pretty Alignment indicative if you ask me ;) 

Oops, I meant to quote this in my last post. I blame being on mobile. Just pretend this preceded my interesting play paragraph.

13 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

A Straw/Burnt elim team would be really cool where Straw gets elevated in Naming or something, and then fake claims Linguistics after becoming master Namer... then went Insane to Naming as the Physicker is dead... Though to do that effectively he would need to have a good idea of who else is going into Linguistics to make sure he wont get caught... so not plausible... Really cool tin-foil though.

And I somehow missed where Fura already came up with this plan

I had more, but my phone decided to delete it and moved a quote I can not remember to the start of the post. Instead of fighting my phone, I will start  a new post on my computer.

14 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Why wouldn't Wind kill? One of it's abilities is "Attack".

It can certainly attack, but on its own it's not a kill, unless that's changed from last time. On its own it's attack is more of a serious injury that would knock them out a round or two,  essentially sending them to the medica, but breaking someone's legs from a fall is very different from exploding their skeleton with bone. One be fatal, one be not. Wind is meant to be something more that goes along with the other names more than a solo ability- spreading fires to hit multiple, preventing someone from being able to get to the victim to save them, airdropping people's assassin's into the uni for the expelled peeps, etc

26 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

It can certainly attack, but on its own it's not a kill, unless that's changed from last time. On its own it's attack is more of a serious injury that would knock them out a round or two,  essentially sending them to the medica, but breaking someone's legs from a fall is very different from exploding their skeleton with bone. One be fatal, one be not. Wind is meant to be something more that goes along with the other names more than a solo ability- spreading fires to hit multiple, preventing someone from being able to get to the victim to save them, airdropping people's assassin's into the uni for the expelled peeps, etc

I mean, I recommend using the wind to create a vacuum around someone's head forcibly pulling the breath from their lungs and keeping it that way for three minutes... but that's just me.

Okay, maybe it wasn't so paranoid...

22 hours ago, Elandera said:

I was starting to get a crazy paranoid theory of an elim!Straw

4 hours ago, Elkanah said:

A super interesting play here would be to have elim!straw clear two skindancers then remove him from the game without revealing his alignment letting us all assume he was good. I don't think that's what they did, but that's exactly the stupidly contrived plan I would get shot down in a dead doc for, so I thought that I would share it.

14 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

You know that crazy theory? These two basically sum up the two possibilities with it. Either they intentionally made Straw insane because he'd be "cleared" (but that doesn't make a ton of sense, because then they'd lose the benefit of having a Master) or he went insane as a result of other abilities (but then that would mean elims didn't try to attack anyone). 

I keep reminding myself Occam's Razor, though. There are too many reasons for it to not be the case that I just have to trust Straw and Burnt. 

21 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

If there are two elim Masters, that doesn't really give them the ability to expel students reliably without revealing themselves in votes.

If I read the rules correctly, they don't actually need to place DP on students with votes, but you're right. If there are only three two, they can only get 10 DP on any student with no votes. So I have a crazy proposal. We vote on the masters anyways. Let me clarify a few things first.

@little wilson and @Elbereth, when RNG DP is distributed, does it get placed on Masters with votes then dissolved, or can it not be placed on Masters at all?

If the former, then we can all vote on Lopen/Karnage. Even if they can't be brought on the Horns, it keeps at least some of the RNG DP from getting placed on people we relatively trust because of elim!Master votes.

Edited by Elandera
Corrected elim!Master estimates

21 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm. If there are two elim Masters, that doesn't really give them the ability to expel students reliably without revealing themselves in votes. Three would be pretty bad (in fact, the game might be almost over if there are 3 elim masters). I guess I'd call for each Master to reveal their field of study and what they've been up to. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this

We can ask the Masters not to put DP on anyone without votes, but I don't think there's a way to tell if it was Lopen, Experience, or Karnage's fault if someone with no votes gets punished. Asking Masters to reveal their fields could be useful, though it didn't work out for Straw. Maybe tell one or two people privately.

14 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Though to do that effectively he would need to have a good idea of who else is going into Linguistics to make sure he wont get caught... so not plausible... Really cool tin-foil though.

On this note, Straw claimed pure Linguistics by saying he had three Linguistic action periods as an El'the, so if anyone out there was elevated in Linguisitics on the same turn Straw was elevated, you should let us know.

I still don't know about Burnt. There would definitely be lies if she was a Skindancer, but even as a villager there could be lies.

Possible lies regardless of alignment in bold.

Spoiler

Challenge- spot which bits i typed up initially before i got tired and decided sanity wasn’t needed anymore

Non-expelled living and sane players
Player name - immediate gut feeling- thoughts after rereading - percentage (0% = no suspicion/full trust, 50% no clue/neutral 100% is all the suspicion)

1. Haelbarde - They seem a’ight? Been doing lists breaking down suspicions on people, done a fair bit of rp,  presumably cause the plight of the edema, my interactions with them have been good. Some pming too. Hard to actually read because of sibling bias but has seemed fine to me. 30%
  2. Elandera- i think they fineish i dont recall things. Though they did suggest getting walin protection before, but skindancers weren’t the one targeting as elan had said but still. Dunno if its worth reading into. Overall … uhhhhh congrats on elebvation?” 50%
  3. Burnt - not a lot of talk for the bigger post count. A lot of rp. Very few votes- hasn’t really done any votes since they turned serious. Has previously promised game discussion and not followed through. Happy to chat in pms though when the post/pm ratio allows. 100% :P
  4. Elkanah- I wanna see the rainbow spreadsheet when this is all over, it sounds pretty. Otherwise idk
  5. Straw - Hi straw! Sorry i aint been as talky in the pms, that ratio man.
  6. Xino - probably good - done all the linguistic stuff. Makes sense for them to be good. Course late game it wouldn’t hurt to do some checking for certainty with them but that's only a worst case scenario thingy because they’re as good as being good as we can rely on currently as far as known actions and all that thingies. Also I appreciate the effort theyve been putting in with all the big posts and the tableys 10%
  7. Silber -ehh uncertain - Not a lot to go off of, as hael already brought up, and as they already responded to. When there's not much to go off though, for whatever reason it may be, it always makes me uneasy though. 60%
  8. Karnage - you’re doing fine
  9. Experience- eh? sure?
  10. Devotary - sfine i think
  11. Furaaaaaa be okey? Walins read makes it concerning but idk ill think about it another day
  12. Araris is…. Araris they be peopleing. They vote a lot. Is tha good or bad. Probably good. If everyone got expelled the village would win.
  13. Kynedath - they be a quiet
  14. GreenRover- have they done much? I dont recall what theyve been up to
  15. Lopen -no bells ringing - Had some good interactions in pms, havent paid a jot of attention to them thread activities
  16. Doobely do, typing through the tiredness. Doobleydoo reading through the bleariness. Doobleydoo everyone be evil, Doobley doobely doo. There be elthes. There be many elthes. Thems elvebations be slowing down from lack of people to raise . dont stay up late every night yall. You hit a day you wake early and you know death. 

Enjoy this thing of uselessnessishness 

tldr
I dont have a clue and i'm tired
curious how many masters we about to see 
do you think many will die again? THings always go nuclear when the masteryies start...
tick tock tick tock
yknow we've never seen a place go boom. no walin will keep that streak up! someone said he went alchemy right? i dont even know anymore. ye the linguisty boi xino did.  Linguistics is such a fun field. i very much enjoyed it in lg18. curious to see whats going to happen with the imre being so much more populated now. kinda scary tbh.

Put in lodging people. Them streets be hungrying
nom nom

okay yeah i sleep. pester me about maybe rewriting that sanely and thoughfully tommorow pls. And make me vote for once. is a bad habbit.

Also i need to rp. I haven't rped in a while... my poor tuition. That re'lar inflation. pity you elthe. it lots. I don't need hte reductions i guess but they nice.

ANYWAY NIGHT pls dont last second lynch me or anything when i cant respond >> Its terrifying going to sleep when its after nowish when you all start bandwagoning 20 votes on people or something. THough. theres worse things to happen to someone this game than being expelled. Expulsion can be pretty nice tbh. I wonder if any namers have bone. That ones fun. 

Hmm... It's not looking good for Rath right now. 

Vote Count:
Rath (2) - Karnage, Karnage

We don't have enough-non Masters to spread out votes and avoid harsh punishments unless we want to vote on insane players. It seems no one has any strong suspects outside of the Masters, so getting all of us to agree is going to be difficult. There's no way to get no one to vote, since that would make a hammer super easy. 

@little wilson and @Elbereth, does a Master who has gone insane still count as a Master for voting purposes?

Ninja'd by Devotary. The language Burnt used in her read, especially regarding Hael, is ambiguous enough that I'm not sure it'd trip as a lie. 

Player name - immediate gut feeling- thoughts after rereading - percentage (0% = no suspicion/full trust, 50% no clue/neutral 100% is all the suspicion)

1. Haelbarde - They seem a’ight? Been doing lists breaking down suspicions on people, done a fair bit of rp,  presumably cause the plight of the edema, my interactions with them have been good. Some pming too. Hard to actually read because of sibling bias but has seemed fine to me. 30%

"Seemed fine to me" wouldn't be a lie if they're teammates because of course Hael would be fine if they're both on the same side. It's also a trust/suspicion scale, not a village/elim scale. Burnt could easily put teammates under the trust category because it's not an indication of elim status, just her decision to trust or not. 

Maybe I'm being over-analytical here, but I'd be fine with a Burnt expulsion. 

Ok, so very cool. I'm master! Wasn't positive I'd actually get it.

I guess I can reveal. Master Arithmetician, at your service. I'd like to offer free hugs. You'll come away feeling lighter afterwards, freed from your burdens of this material plane. :)

Uh, votes. I know I'm not in a position of trust, but I want to still do what I can. I think Burnt and Araris are as close to being cleared as we're gonna get for now, so no voting on them. Karnage and Experience are masters, so it's pointless. That leaves...Devotary, Elandera, Fura, Elkanah, um, anyone else? I don't know. I'll focus on those. Devotary, voted on by Hael. Otherwise, idk, hasn't said much AI stuff that I can think of. Elandera, is there any reason to trust them? I remember they posted a lot of what Walin and Hael said, but their conclusions based off of that were that me and Fura are evil I think, and now they're casting doubt on Burnt who I think is most likely village. I would definitely lynch Elandera based off of these things. Fura, very active, apparently would rather be expelled than roleblocked is what I remember. :P hard for me to go back and check a lot of interactions since I don't have much time, but is there any solid reason to trust them? Like, voting patterns and the like? Anyways, last is Elkanah, who I don't really know much about. Protected Xino apparently? But then Xino went insane from making a Gram? I think that's a good point in his favor though, and since no one has counterclaimed him, sounds like the truth.

My top targets would be Elandera, Karnage, Experience, Fura, and then Devotary.

And so: Elandera Elandera

If I missed something about Elandera, @ me and I should have time tomorrow to reconsider. Or if we want to try and stall and not have a lynch or something, I can remove them, but that seems dangerous with how low the amount of attending players are left.

And that's all from me y'all. Thankfully I'ma be back home tomorrow evening, so if I'm still around, I hope I can be a much bigger force in the thread in terms of analysis and breaking down our win cons.

6 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Elandera, is there any reason to trust them?

Because I'm me and totally trustworthy? :P I get the hesitation, though. I've had terrible reads on people all game, but they're honest terrible reads. I'm still most suspicious of you, but can't actually do anything about it. I'm next most suspicious of Karnage or Fura, but I think I have more reason to trust Fura than Karnage, hence why I'm not voting on them. After that, it's Burnt or Experience. The latter I also can't do anything about. 

I can't take your word for trusting Burnt because, well, I suspect you. Since Devotary is also still not fully on board with the village!Burnt idea, I feel there may be something there. Yes, Straw didn't find any lies in her posts, but that's not an infallible alignment scan. Like I said in my prior post, the phrasing was ambiguous enough that it's quite possible it wouldn't trip the lie detector even as an elim. 

To that end, I'll vote again on Burnt, Burnt. I honestly can't think of a better target that would be effective, and we can't let the potential elim!Masters control the lynch. 

43 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Because I'm me and totally trustworthy? :P I get the hesitation, though. I've had terrible reads on people all game, but they're honest terrible reads. I'm still most suspicious of you, but can't actually do anything about it. I'm next most suspicious of Karnage or Fura, but I think I have more reason to trust Fura than Karnage, hence why I'm not voting on them. After that, it's Burnt or Experience. The latter I also can't do anything about

Heh, we're pretty much in the same boat here (assuming you're village ; P )

@little wilson@Elbereth could we get a vote count pls? =)

edit:
Wait, I apparently got confused and accidentally didn't submit lodging orders, so I'm on the streets right now. Lol. Just so everyone knows. : /

Edited by Furamirionind

hm. I'm trying to pick who to vote on. And im starting to think all of you lot are innocent and we got a collection of evil masters which is great.  So... Hm. Hrm.  uh.... :[

Genuine question: at this stage of the game what would people rather i do- stay sane so can maybe make a difference later on through numbers, or chance cracking and maybe make a difference now? Whats the risk/safety status of the game currently.  Do we need to be playing safe and smart, or going nuclear and hoping its a villager that survives the fallout. 

also you expelled peeps are so quiet. you know you can talk in thread still right? surely you're getting up to something in the imre, learning things and all that.

Uhhhh.........

I DONT SUSPECT ANY OF YOU

Elandera Fura Elandera cause main one voting me but its not suspicious im just bleh and fura in case everyone hits master, someone has to get hit by lashings with me :P 

I also worry about us expelling too many people and leaving it purely skindancer occupied in the uni.

yall are all gonna make me wake up early incase i have stuff to respond to. -_- siiiigh

@TheMightyLopen Any particular reason you went for Arithmetics? That seems like a weak field of study for a noble.

I guess I'll put my votes on Fura Fura. I was only reluctant to vote on him because he's roleblocked, but I'm not super convinced about any of the other eligible vote targets. It would be nice if Rath would show up at some point. Otherwise, re-expelling him would be a good way to dump DP.

36 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@TheMightyLopen Any particular reason you went for Arithmetics? That seems like a weak field of study for a noble.

I guess I'll put my votes on Fura Fura. I was only reluctant to vote on him because he's roleblocked, but I'm not super convinced about any of the other eligible vote targets. It would be nice if Rath would show up at some point. Otherwise, re-expelling him would be a good way to dump DP.

Actually because I'm a Noble. I thought I'd go for the richest player award. :P LG18 I was super powered Master Archivist with 2 Names, so I thought I'd play a bit more passively this time around so I'd be less stressed out about using my abilities effectively. >>