5 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Karnage (4): Straw, Fura, Fura, Rover
Lopen (4): Elandera, Elandera, Araris, Araris
Fura (2): Karnage, Karnage
Straw (1): Rover

Thank you. I really wouldn't be disappointed to end up with everyone expelled. Village wins if that happens so I will join the Karnage Karnage lynch.

Many ninjas telling me Karnage is less likely to be lynched, but I'll keep my votes there for now.

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

We probably do need to see how this cycle plays out before making a judgment on this. Karnage certainly doesn't seem worried by Straw's lie detection abilities, but there are reasons for that beyond shared alignment. We could have easily have village!Karn with elim!Straw, or elim!Karn prepared to hit village!Straw with a roleblock/redirect/sabotage/kill. We won't know until the next turn.

Ok, that's a good point... I'm still voting on Karn though.

1 minute ago, Elkanah said:

Thank you. I really wouldn't be disappointed to end up with everyone expelled. Village wins if that happens so I will join the Karnage Karnage lynch.

Many ninjas telling me Karnage is less likely to be lynched, but I'll keep my votes there for now.

As long as I'm not roleblocked again. >>

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I know it’s sort of rude, but I’m going to switch my votes. Burnt Burnt Lopen Lopen. It seems clear that Lopen isn’t going to die on the streets.

@Straw are you sure that an elim’s read list would set off your lie detection?

Eh, I don't think it's rude. Sometimes life gets busy but that doesn't mean I think the game should stop for me. I'm still around, just can't do any big walls of analysis. I'm certainly not on the streets.

Fura or Karnage then. I'm certainly not voting on myself. :P I said I'd vote on the top target, which seems to be Karnage, so I'll stick to my word. I think I'd prefer that anyways, because I've really only let my gut decide about him, whereas I swear I had legitimate logic for why I read Fura as village.

Karnage Karnage

Let's see if this works :P

Edited by TheMightyLopen
At this point the word 'color' looks wrong

6 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Eh, I don't think it's rude. Sometimes life gets busy but that doesn't mean I think the game should stop for me. I'm still around, just can't do any big walls of analysis. I'm certainly not on the streets.

Fura or Karnage then. I'm certainly not voting on myself. :P I said I'd vote on the top target, which seems to be Karnage, so I'll stick to my word. I think I'd prefer that anyways, because I've really only let my gut decide about him, whereas I swear I had legitimate logic for why I read Fura as village.

(color=red)Karnage Karnage(color/)

Let's see if this works :P

First, color needs to be in "[" "]" brackets. Also the "/" is on the wrong side of color in the second one. : )

Its looking like the only way that I am going to survive the lynch is by voting on Lopen. I would rather vote on Fura but since that doesn't look like it is going to happen this turn I will vote twice on Lopen Lopen, that way you guys can get a confirm from Straw. Unless they suddenly turn out to be elim and are just trolling me:o. GM's can we get a vote count? Also @Straw can you vote?

13 minutes ago, Karnage said:

Its looking like the only way that I am going to survive the lynch is by voting on Lopen. I would rather vote on Fura but since that doesn't look like it is going to happen this turn I will vote twice on Lopen Lopen, that way you guys can get a confirm from Straw. Unless they suddenly turn out to be elim and are just trolling me:o. GM's can we get a vote count? Also @Straw can you vote?

You haven't retracted your previous votes on Fura, just so you know.

22 minutes ago, Karnage said:

This post makes me rather suspicious of Karnage. Villagers don't need to "survive the lynch" in this game, only eliminators. Lopen Lopen Karnage Karnage.

GreenRover: Fortunately (or not), this read is a lot shorter than most of my previous ones. They basically just did RP and were inactive up until T3M2. Their only read at that point was that they kind of trusted Karnage for explaining why the elims might have gone after DeTess. Later that month, they seemingly randomly threw two votes on Kynedath, for reasons I am unsure of. During T4, they just made random comments with no reads. Finally, we get to their post this month, where they vote on both Karnage and me. They voted on Karnage because it seemed like a “safe bet”, which reads… oddly to me. They did also say that they disagreed with some of Karnage’s reads, but agreed with others. That doesn’t seem to be a terribly good point either. They also used their second vote on me, even though I’m a Master, which was strange. Overall, they kind of read like an elim who’s flying under the radar to me. I’ll throw one complaint on them: GreenRover. Sorry for the kind of last minute vote, but I just finished reading up on them, and noticed some things I found slightly odd. I'd be interested to see their reads.

EDIT: @GreenRover

Edited by Straw

Oops, Fura, Fura. 

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Villagers don't need to "survive the lynch" in this game, only eliminators.

Well it looks like I made a newb mistake. I know that it is our goal to get rid of the elims by either killing them or make them not attend the university. I know that the elims job is to get the villagers either insane or dead. Or at least thats what I think its supposed to be if I remember the rules correctly. I am not sure how to convince yall that I am not an elim and it seems like I just keep digging a deeper hole for myself, so I will let whatever happens, happen.

Ok, I'm here. Sorry for being so late. And sorry Straw about the last minute lynch last cycle, I didn't realize it was only 1 minute until the cycle ended, but it's still on me for voting on you so late without reasoning. While I was typing my vote up, Fura, Elandera, and Devo all had votes on them, as well as Kynedath. I am getting a village read from Elandera and Devo, and was as well for Fura at the time(I'm not sure now though). At that time I thought it was pretty likely that at least one of them would be expelled, and I didn't want that to happen because they were my strongest village reads. 

As on the vote on you, I'm not sure why I voted on you. I think I mixed you up in my mind with Hael, who had started to seem a little suspicious to me. 

And ninja'd by straw. Ya, I know. I just haven't had the chance to post something yet. I think I'm going to refrain from voting this cycle, because it's so close to rollover and I don't have time to figure out who I want to place one on. Again, sorry for the late post.

Only three people have votes, so there's a decent chance of expulsion for each of them. I think we can afford one turn for Straw/Karnage situation to resolve itself, though expulsion isn't necessarily a bad outcome. Earlier in the game I didn't think Lopen was evil, but I didn't have any strong reasons for or against. I don't have any strong opinions on Green Rover. I can put two votes on Lopen, Lopen

11 minutes ago, Experience said:

As on the vote on you, I'm not sure why I voted on you. I think I mixed you up in my mind with Hael, who had started to seem a little suspicious to me. 

With Hael, eh? I don't recall you suspecting him before, but we'll see next turn.

LG65: Term 5 Month 2 - You Can’t Stop the Beets

Sloan was feeling a high she’d rarely felt before. She’d killed two students in as many months. Would her good luck streak hold? The anticipation was becoming too much. It took over her dancing, to the point where people looked at her strangely. Or more strangely than usual. She was used to the sideeyes people would give her as she passed them, her feet moving to a beat they couldn’t hear. It barely bothered her at all anymore. But this was growing….flamboyant. Yet, she couldn’t help it. Her joy could not be contained.

What was that smell? And where was it coming from? She whiffed the air and grimaced. It was a decidedly unpleasant stench, yet not the stench of body odor or rotting food. No, this was almost perfume-like. It smelled intentional. Who would make this smell intentionally? She walked up an alley, and stopped short as she saw a bright green candle burning on the cobblestones of the alley floor. A girl sat beside it, warming her hands over the flame and….

….Merciful Tehlu, was she smelling it?

People sometimes doubted Sloan’s grasp of reality, but in Sloan’s opinion, she was a prime example of sanity when compared to this girl.

The girl heard her and turned. “Oh, do you like my beet candle?”

Beet candle? “Not exactly,” Sloan replied.

“You don’t have to love the smell. It grows on you! And they really have quite amazing medicinal benefits! I would hazard a guess that they would even almost beat the University’s Medica! Isn’t that incredible? The Physicking department is one-of-a-kind, but if I do one thing in my lifetime, it will be getting the Master Physicker to accept my candles as a proper remedy.”

Despite the overpowering aroma of beets surrounding her, Sloan smiled. “So you’re a student there, are you?”

“Oh, yes. It can be a little expensive, but even a Ruh like myself can’t help but want to brighten the world with knowledge. Don’t you agree?”

Sloan studied the girl a little harder - she would’ve gotten closer but she wasn’t getting within ten feet of that candle. Sure enough, the girl was unmistakably a Ruh. It was so obvious, Sloan was surprised she’d not noticed earlier. Had to be the candle’s fault. “Where’s your troupe?”

“They’re still traveling around. I’ll rejoin them when I finish my studies.”

Right. The University. Sloan focused on that. It didn’t matter if the girl was Ruh. She’d betrayed her kind by coming into this nest of vipers. That much was obvious by these grotesque candles. Sloan slipped her hands into her pockets, and found her throwing knives. Two of them slid from their sheathes as the girl mentioned missing her family. Perhaps you shouldn’t have left them, Sloan thought, as she threw one, two into her chest. 

The girl never saw the knives coming. Her leg spasmed out in shock and she knocked the candle over. It rolled toward Sloan, who backed up hastily. It stopped in the middle of the alley and Sloan stared at it, making sure it was still. Then she looked up at the body of the girl and her own knives sticking out of her chest. She couldn’t go back and get them. She’d have to go past that candle. Not even her music would help her through that endeavor, she was sure.

Sacrifices. Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

Traelynn Weeks (Kynedath) was murdered! She was a Student!
Maern (Xino) died to his wounds! He was a Student!

Straw Altiora (Straw) has gone insane!

Knighter Nune (Rover) went on the Horns and was charged with Conduct Unbecoming a Member of the Arcanum. He was expelled!

These students were elevated: Athdara (Elandera), Arael Solon (Araris), Knighter Nune (Rover).

Leo (Lopen) and Lasko Veitch (Karnage) are now Masters!

Term 5 Month 2 has begun! This turn will end May 19th at 4 PM PDT. Get your lodging orders in (unless you want to face the wrath of Sloan, which I personally wouldn't recommend).

The formula removing Master DP if EP was filed in that field was not working properly. We have fixed it and the following changes have occurred: 

Rath was not expelled. He was instead charged with Conduct Unbecoming, and received lashes. The effect of these lashes will end one turn early (this turn) to make up for the fact that we incorrectly expelled him and therefore he has not been able to file EP for the last two turns.

Fura was charged with Reckless Use of Sympathy last turn, rather than Conduct Unbecoming.

Alive/Sane:

Spoiler

Expelled:

Spoiler

Insane:

Spoiler
  • Unelevated
    • HH (Noble)
    • Striker (Edema Ruh)
    • Lumgol (Noble)
    • Sart (Commoner)
  • Re'lar
    • DeTess (Commoner)
    • Coda (Noble)
  • El'the
  • Master
    • Straw (Commoner)

Expelled:

Spoiler
  • Student
    • Lord Sil (Commoner)
    • Zillah (Commoner)
    • Kynedath (Edema Ruh)
    • Xino (Commoner)
  • Skindancer
    • Walin (Commoner)
    • Hael (Edema Ruh)

This isn't good. My top two suspects are both now masters and can't be expelled. And as far as I remember, Rover only had one vote on him. It's possible Straw placed all of his DP onto Rover, since he's the one vote in that location, but it would have had to be pretty bad RNG for Rover to be the only one disciplined with Lopen and Karnage both had way more votes. They had to have had Straw and Experience on their sides with DP distribution and some Rhetoric and Logic assistance to keep them from getting hit with RNG DP.

Edited by Elandera
Spoiler box formatting

2 minutes ago, Elandera said:

This isn't good. My top two suspects are both now masters and can't be expelled. And as far as I remember, Rover only had one vote on him. It's possible Straw placed all of his DP onto Rover, since he's the one vote in that location, but it would have had to be pretty bad RNG for Rover to be the only one disciplined with Lopen and Karnage both had way more votes. They had to have had Straw and Experience on their sides with DP distribution and some Rhetoric and Logic assistance to keep them from getting hit with RNG DP.

Elevations take place before punishment, so Lopen and Karnage became Masters in time to cancel all DP.

Xino dying to his wounds I think means someone tried to protect him with Cheating Death and failed. It probably could have been Elkanah's attempt merely delaying his death, though I'm not entirely sure how Cheating Death applies to a combined sabotage/kill.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Elevations take place before punishment, so Lopen and Karnage became Masters in time to cancel all DP.

Ah, that makes sense. I was starting to get a crazy paranoid theory of an elim!Straw, but that makes no sense for several other reasons, even if he were involved in DP spread. :P 

I'm going to give a quick reads list to help me sort my thoughts in a sensible manner.

Furamirionind: True Neutral. I keep bouncing back and forth between trusting Fura and them being my top suspect. I don't like their interactions with Hael, but I also suspect Karnage of being elim. Fura and Karnage don't make a plausible team, though. I'd need one to flip to get a solid read on the other.

Elkanah: Neutral. While their activity has been relatively high (excluding a few turns ago), there hasn't been a lot of AI content that I can remember. They don't have many interactions with Hael, other than Hael referencing them as low to inactive. Elkanah is usually more outspoken, but I can understand RL things getting in the way (just see my activity and contribution at the beginning of this game).

Burnt Spaghetti: Elimy-Neutral. Same reasoning as Elkanah for being neutral, lack of AI content. With Burnt, that tends to be a little more standard for her style. Her interactions with Hael (and a piece of my mind saying her statements around the Bard lynch) are what make me lean slight Elim.

Devotary of Spontaneity: Village. Hael tried to lynch them entirely too many times for that to have been distancing.

Rathmaskal: Neutral. Not enough content, especially recently considering their mistaken expulsion. I'll have to re-look at their interactions with Hael, since I had been ignoring them previously.

Araris Valerian: Village. Same reason as Devotary.

Experience: Elimy-Neutral. Their last-minute vote on Straw and how they've basically gone without much scrutiny at all this game is suspect. I'd be okay if they were roleblocked or killed (since we can't expel them).

Lopen: Elim. Their interactions with Hael and voting patterns have shown a lot of bias toward the elim team. I am not at all comfortable with them being a Master. Please kill or roleblock until they can be killed.

Karnage: Elimy-neutral. Straw's untimely insanity does not present well for Karnage, as there is no one to verify his claims of last turn. It seems as if this could have been an attempt to save Karnage a little longer, or frame him. A roleblock wouldn't hurt.

There are probably a total of 6 elims in the game, three of which I'm certain are Hael, Walin and Bard. That leaves three more. I'd put Lopen as most likely next teammate, followed by Karnage or Fura, then Burnt or Experience.

Since I would rather see Karnage's flip before expelling Fura and I can't expel Lopen or Experience, I'll place my votes on Burnt, Burnt.

Hmm. If there are two elim Masters, that doesn't really give them the ability to expel students reliably without revealing themselves in votes. Three would be pretty bad (in fact, the game might be almost over if there are 3 elim masters). I guess I'd call for each Master to reveal their field of study and what they've been up to. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this

I have some reservations about Burnt, so I probably wouldn't mind trying to expel/roleblock her again. I'd like to hear from Rath before I make any judgements about him. I basically agree with all of Elandera's reads.

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

Burnt Spaghetti: Elimy-Neutral. Same reasoning as Elkanah for being neutral, lack of AI content. With Burnt, that tends to be a little more standard for her style. Her interactions with Hael (and a piece of my mind saying her statements around the Bard lynch) are what make me lean slight Elim.

Fair :P That lack of AI content was why i labelled myself 100% after all, so can't argue :P And I was best buddies with an elim. Xcept if you trust straw, and trust his truth read, me saying i thought hael was village when it turned out to not be the case would be pretty Alignment indicative if you ask me ;) 

Hmm. If there are two elim Masters, that doesn't really give them the ability to expel students reliably without revealing themselves in votes. Three would be pretty bad (in fact, the game might be almost over if there are 3 elim masters). I guess I'd call for each Master to reveal their field of study and what they've been up to. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this

I have some reservations about Burnt, so I probably wouldn't mind trying to expel/roleblock her again. I'd like to hear from Rath before I make any judgements about him. I basically agree with all of Elandera's reads.

I don't mind expulsion. Mastery is far too much responsibility and would take me a while to get there anyways. Biggest downside of the scattershooting ep everywhere means i didn't exactly have a good starting point for trying for that :P Though expulsions not great when only skindancers end up being left in the uni. Buut I'd be free to make contracts all the time! Think of how many contracts i'd spam the imre with! Speaking of. Someone just completed one I put up before things started dieing which was a 'kill someone pls' one. Which is fun. Enjoy the easy coin person? Woulda been ironic if you'd completed it by targetting me with that though :P 

Also now i've lost pm buddy no.2 :[ Only one left.... Anyone want company in the pms? I talk and am pretty free with info about what i'm up to most of the time!

Imma try do another reads list this cycle, hopefully far more sane and sensical than the last one >> Appologies on how quickly that one derailed btw, I was evidently quite tired... >>

I was actually considering saying more or less the exact same thing. The only reason I didnt is because I have a history of trying to promote game-wide information spreading, which a lot of people dont like... lol.

Anyways, needless to say I support this idea. : )

I agree on Burnt.

2 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Also now i've lost pm buddy no.2 :[ Only one left.... Anyone want company in the pms? I talk and am pretty free with info about what i'm up to most of the time!

I PMed you a while ago and you never responded =(

Lol

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

Furamirionind: True Neutral. I keep bouncing back and forth between trusting Fura and them being my top suspect. I don't like their interactions with Hael, but I also suspect Karnage of being elim. Fura and Karnage don't make a plausible team, though. I'd need one to flip to get a solid read on the other.

I really shouldnt like it when people read me as such as much as I do. XD

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

Karnage: Elimy-neutral. Straw's untimely insanity does not present well for Karnage, as there is no one to verify his claims of last turn. It seems as if this could have been an attempt to save Karnage a little longer, or frame him. A roleblock wouldn't hurt.

I'm all for greater suspicion on Karnage, but I'm not completely sure this matters? Just saying, Straw would have had 4 actions, all of which he could use for the lie detection action (which I didnt realize was possible until Straw said so). Due to this, while he was checking Karnage, he would also likely have been checking 3 others. Knowing who Straw targetted before, the elims may have figured there was a good chance Straw would target one of them next.

I also just realized Rover was expelled... idk what to think about that... that's good if he is evil, though not good if he is not evil...

On another note I dont really understand what happened with all the stuff with who was expelled and who wasnt expelled and... my not being something... I'm going to go over that more later I guess.

1 hour ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Wait what when? This game? I see no pm from you o_O Hollup lemme fix that xD

Whoops, I wrote a fairly detailed on back in either 3.2 or 4.1... I cant remember... but apperantly I forgot to send it. Nice to talk to you now though. =)