The fact that we have people online, who have presumably read that I'm considering spreading the vote, and have not told me off for it, tells me everyone here is uncertain about their votes. This does not strike me as a good sign.

My first vote, as promised, is going to Lopen. Still working on the second one. Just reached 3.1 in my quick analysis

Lopen

Fura (2) - Karnage, Karnage
Kynedath (4) - Lopen, Lopen, Araris, Araris, 
Devotary (5) - Hael, Hael, Elandera, Elandera, Experience
Elandera (1) - Experience

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The point of the first paragraph was that CadCom could have voted in self-preservation, especially if he was evil, regardless of whether Kynedath was evil. The second part was that should CadCom be evil, it's less likely that you are.

Hmm. I don't think Fura+Kynedath is a hit, but we do need expulsions and I will admit to not being super sure about Elandera. Being expelled isn't completely disastrous for me right now with two elevations. I can retract from Elandera, Elandera. I don't really want to vote for someone else though. 

I don't really feel like it, either... I can't say I have particular suspicions of anyone. :/

Edit: I suppose I was feeling suspicious of Lopen- although it would be nice if we could get down to at most 4 players.

Edited by xinoehp512

Second vote going on Hael. Firmly a neutral read for me all game, and DeTess had their eye on him.

Haelbarde

Lopen (1) - Fura
Hael (1) - Fura

And it looks like I was ninja'd by Devo.:P ElanderaAnd Devo taking the votes off of Elandera, and making it so he's even more likely to be expelled just because he think's Elandera isn't is making be rethink. This leaves only Fura and Kynedath with votes, and I have a slight village lean for Fura. I think I'll put my votes onto Straw, StrawI have a gut feeling for them, but don't have time to go through posts right now to figure out why. 

'

1 minute ago, Straw said:

Fura, why are you jumping on new people at five minutes to end of day?

Already explained

The fact that we have people online, who have presumably read that I'm considering spreading the vote, and have not told me off for it, tells me everyone here is uncertain about their votes. This does not strike me as a good sign.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Experience said:

And it looks like I was ninja'd by Devo.:P ElanderaAnd Devo taking the votes off of Elandera, and making it so he's even more likely to be expelled just because he think's Elandera isn't is making be rethink. This leaves only Fura and Kynedath with votes, and I have a slight village lean for Fura. I think I'll put my votes onto Straw, StrawI have a gut feeling for them, but don't have time to go through posts right now to figure out why. 

'

Seriously?

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Fura, why are you jumping on new people at five minutes to end of day?

Probably for self-survival, at least in part.

And rip to expulsions this cycle. :\

Edited by xinoehp512

LG 65: Term 5 Month 1 - Hundreds of Stories

“… and that was the tale of the thrice-lucky almond dealer.”

Seòras let the words ring out, seated by the fire in front of a small audience now chuckling at the conclusion of his last story. Tales had brought him to the University, and tales were now helping to pay his way through it.  

Once the laughter had subsided, he spoke again.

“What tales should I tell next? The tale of the Princess and the Blue-Winged Wren, or shall I sing the Ballad of the Horse Pirate Vaon?”

“How about a tale about the fae that invade our world?” Someone called out. “Got any songs about skindancers?”

People’s faces noticeably went sombre at this, though after a moment they started to nod and agree with the suggestion. Seòras couldn’t see who had called about – probably someone standing in the back.

“I suppose I do have a yarn or two I could spin about the creatures from the Fae. It’s a little more grim than my last story, but let me tell you of the Mystery of the Demon from Caluptena. The Caluptena was a place of knowledge, vastly greater than our own archive here. The legends don’t agree whether it was just a building, or if it was an empire, but the detail is of little consequence for our tale.”

As he spoke, he began to tap an slow, irregular beat, emphasising odd syllables as he worked to invoke and enhance the sense of unease present in the room.

“I tell you now a tale of war, flame, and the Tehlin church, for as you know, three things do demons fear:  cold iron, clean fire, and the holy Name. You see…”

The voice interrupted. “Cold iron you said? You mean like this?” The crowd was forced aside as the cloaked figure pushed forward through the crowd, a cloud of grey shards flying from their hands. Seòras screamed as the shards tore a hundred new holes in his already raggedy clothing, and screamed louder as the cold iron burned his flesh, before screaming again as the force knocked him from the chair into the open fireplace. His screams were joined by those of the students that had been his audience, now fleeing from the display they’d seen.

As his world ended, he supposed that at least now as he died, he was becoming a new story that would travel on by word of mouth, just like all the stories he had once collected.

Sloan roamed the streets, smiling. It was warming up. Just a touch, but even a little bit was better than nothing. Hopefully spring would be here before too much longer. For now, she’d content herself with the slightly warm night and hope she found success in one of these alleys.

Skipping across the cobblestone streets, she let the beat run through her, driving her steps. Forward, forward, back, back, forward, side, back, twirl. She closed her eyes with the twirl, feeling the breeze blow through her hair.

Her night was made in the sixth alley she checked. Someone huddled in a grimy little hovel, built over time by other street-dwellers from the junk thrown out by the nearby Horse and Four. He was fiddling with an object, and she heard him muttering quietly. She crept closer and froze as the words “Master” and “Fishery” stuck out.

“You’d think last month would’ve at least temporarily sated my need to watch the bright light of life leave the eyes of all the students at your school as I can,” she began. The student whirled in her direction, and she gave him a little wave. Well. More like the knife in her hand gave him a little wave. Details.

The student’s eyes widened, and he dropped the object he held. “I can pay you! Anything you want! Please don’t hurt me!”

Sloan chuckled, eying his clothing. “You’re no noble. Even if you were, you couldn’t pay me enough to let you go free. You see, those who know me best know that my…..bloodlust, I suppose, can’t be bribed. Not by your kind.”

“I’m no one!”

“You certainly are. Or, you shortly will be.”

He broke down, and she bent over him, grabbing his hair and yanking him closer. His wet eyes opened again, and she saw into his soul. Or it felt like she did. “You shouldn’t have come to my streets,” she said as her blade cut deep. The light left his eyes, and she wiped her blade clean on his shirt and contemplated his still form.

There had been no music in his soul. No beat. She had yet to find a student with music. It was like the University killed that part of a person. All of them needed to die, to save the world. She was merely the weapon guaranteeing the University’s demise.

She turned and left the alley, clicking her heels to the music. Maybe she’d find another student to slaughter before the night was over.

Seoras (Haelbarde) was killed! He was a Skindancer!
Lord Silberfarben was killed! He was a Student!

Maern (Xino) was attacked, saved, and went insane!

Vol (Devotary) was brought on the Horns but the charges were dropped!
Lyoan (Fura) was brought on the Horns and charged with Conduct Unbecoming! He will be lashed!
Traelynn Weeks (Kynedath) ws brought on the Horns and charged with Conduct Unbecoming! He will be lashed!

The following students were elevated: Athdara (Elandera), Bryn Aria (Burnt Spaghetti), Vol (Devotary), Lyoan (Fura), Traelynn Weeks (Kynedath), Knighter Nune (Rover).

Straw Altiora (Straw) and Shard (Experience) are now Masters!

Term 5 has begun! It will end on Sunday, May 17th, at 4 PM PDT.

Well, someone is getting some amazing shots in this game. Congrats. Hael's death should give us a lot more information and leads. I'll get to doing a breakdown, though it will take longer since Hael had a lot more content than Walin. For now, player list/stats.

Alive/Sane:

Spoiler

Expelled:

Spoiler

Insane:

Spoiler
  • Unelevated
    • HH (Noble)
    • Striker (Edema Ruh)
    • Lumgol (Noble)
    • Sart (Commoner)
  • Re'lar
    • DeTess (Commoner)
    • Coda (Noble)
  • El'the
    • Xino (Commoner)

Dead:

Spoiler
  • Student
    • Lord Sil (Commoner)
    • Zillah (Commoner)
  • Skindancer
    • Walin (Commoner)
    • Hael (Edema Ruh)

A few side notes, sorry Xino for suspecting you for so long. I now accept fully that Bard is evil (though it would still be nice if her were killed). And it would be nice to have more lynch discussion earlier in the cycle (I'm sure the GMs would appreciate that as well :P). If you have someone you even slightly suspect, make a vote and start some discussion. Last-minute lynches are rarely ever useful.

@Elandera I wouldn’t say last minute lynches are unhelpful. They can force elims to react without having time to discuss in their doc. The main downside in my opinion is that not everyone is online during the last few hours of the cycle.

I agree that Hael’s flip should give us some new places to look. Unfortunately, I think a lot of his reads were neutral (although it’s probably better to look at his interactions/votes, instead of his reads).

We have 12 unexpelled players left and (assuming 6 skindancers), 1-4 elims to find. Assuming Bard was an elim, 1-3. Without going back and reading, I’d hazard that anyone Hael voted on in the last 2-3 turns is village, given the high expulsion risk. Analysis and votes to come tomorrow.

@Araris Valerian, that's true. I was thinking of it mostly as someone who frequently misses rollover for a strange sleeping schedule, and for the dangerous potential of a hammer. But you're right, it can go both ways. 

Also agreed about Hael's votes, at least for people he left votes on. If the vote was placed early and eventually removed, I think we can keep that person in the potential category. Unless elims have extra vote manipulation. 

Hael's posts, in order from most recent to oldest (excluding non-relevant RP or posts with no player clues, such as questions to the GM):

Term 4.2

Spoiler

Suspicion on Kynedath, reading Fura as village, complaints on Devotary.

Village reads: Burnt, Xino, Experience, Fura

Neutral: Elandera, Elkanah, Karnage, Devotary*, Araris, Kynedath, Rover, Lopen

Elim: Straw, Devotary

Okay, with that essentially done, the people I'd consider putting a complaint on presently would be Devotary, Karnage, Straw, Elkanah, probably in about that order.

I'd be willing to clear most of the people on the list. I do, however, find it intersting that he'd be willing to lynch Karnage before Straw considering his reads.

Asked questions of CadCom, Araris, and myself about our reads and suspicions of him, Devotary, Experience, Burnt, and Straw.

Read list (only what was different from the above list):

Slight elim: Elandera

From this, I'm good with clearing Devotary, with soft clears on Karnage and Kynedath. I want to look more into Straw before I clear him, though, as some of this looks like strategic distancing.

Term 4.1

Spoiler

Summarized vote changes in the prior cycle, but stated they were too tired for analysis. It's possible it contains AI information about one of the players involved. Of all the vote changes, I'd say Rover's and Elkanah's votes are the most suspicious. 

Points out oddities in elevations, then gives read list of the El'the* students.

Neutral: Elkanah (mentions low active, which is corrected in his next post after Elkanah's response)

Slight village: Experience (tags to get more thoughts from them about the lynch and suspicions)

**I only included those who are still alive/sane/currently enrolled.

This makes me slightly more suspicious of Elkanah. The one thing that's giving me pause is how Hael said Elkanah was low-activity. He likely would have made more note of a teammate's posts/overall activity.

Spoiler

Read list (includes those in the spoiler from a prior post, so it'll probably be duplicated eventually):

Village: Elandera, Burnt, Elkanah*, Straw, Karnage, Experience, Fura

Neutral: Elkanah*, Araris

Analysis but no read:

• Devotary
    • Some vague linking to Bard, mostly commenting on types of posts
  • Kynedath
    • Mentioned the amount of RP, mentions votes on Bard and Burnt, says the RP seems to be a cover for activity. Considered "under the radar"
  • Rover
    • Also considered "under the radar"
  • Lopen
    • Hael mentions he wants to look at Lopen's vote patterns, but overall approves of their activity

The rest of the post is regarding Xino's linguistics reveal and Hael's hedging vote on Bard.

Ends with review of current votes, says they'll need more convincing before voting on Fura or myself, approves of votes on Devotary or Kynedath, and ends up putting both votes on Kynedath.

The rest of his posts that turn were the player/rank list and RP with Burnt and Straw.

Since Hael was so much more involved than Walin, this will take a few posts, but I have a few conclusions already.

Devotary is solid village for me. Kynedath and Karnage are both soft village. Araris and Elkanah are both leaning towards village, but I'd like to look into their posts a bit more before I say one way or the other.

Straw and Fura are both leaning towards elim for me. Since I suspected Fura last turn, I'm willing to place a vote there.

Fura, Fura

(Also, I'll be honest here. If I weren't me, I'd probably vote on me based on what I found in his posts.)

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

A few side notes, sorry Xino for suspecting you for so long. I now accept fully that Bard is evil (though it would still be nice if her were killed). And it would be nice to have more lynch discussion earlier in the cycle (I'm sure the GMs would appreciate that as well :P). If you have someone you even slightly suspect, make a vote and start some discussion. Last-minute lynches are rarely ever useful.

I still think it's quite possible the lie was from the RP. I'd have to look over Bard again (to remember all the details), but I'm getting less convinced he was a skindancer. I lie all the time in these games regardless of alignment, so him lying doesn't necessarily mean he is evil.

I'd also like to apologize for trying to shake things up 10 minutes before rollover. It was the first time I truly did any analysis on that cycle, and I don't like not casting my votes. (despite having done that for 2-3 turns so far this game) : /

Hael hasn't had much attention for a bit now, so there haven't been a ton of interactions with him that I recall. Votes are probably a good, though limited, place to look. 

I'm a little confused as to how I got elevated. I clearly misunderstood how the roleblock/elevation lock works, as I didn't think I'd be able to be elevated until next turn. When I'm awake enough to ask the GMs a proper question on how the "elevation-lock" works, I'm going to do that.

Also... Seriously? Roleblocked again? Like, GMs, you couldn't have just cheated and expelled me instead? then I'd at least be able to do something. >_> 
I'm not actually frustrated at all, but I am starting to find it pretty funny. First I pick a field I didn't expect to be as competitive and/or I get unlucky and don't get elevated. Then the moment I get elevated I get roleblocked for 3 cycles... So I still can't use my ability(ies). I think the universe is taunting me with how badly I wanted to be a master. Watch us either end this game (or have me die I suppose) before I can do anything. xDDDD

Araris said 3 turns, so I looked at the past three turns. Here were the votecounts for them, made to the best of my abilities:

Cycle 3.2
Kynedath(6): Lopen{2}, Lopen{3}, Hael{1}, Hael{2}, Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}, Straw{1}, GreenRover{1}, GreenRover{2}
CadCom(4): Fura{3}, Fura{4}, Devotary{1}, Devotary{2}, Xino{3}, Xino
{4}
Devotary(2): Araris{1}, Araris{2} , Elkanah{1}
Fura(1): CadCom{1}
Xinoehp(1): CadCom{2}

Cycle 4.1
Zillah(16): Haelbarde, CadCom, CadCom, Haelbarde, Elkanah, Elkanah, Experience, Experience, Karnage, Karnage, Araris, Araris, Devotary, Devotary, Walin, Walin
Rathmaskal(3) Straw, Straw, Stink
Stink(2): Xino, Xino
Cadcom(2): Lopen, Lopen

Cycle 4.2
Devotary (5) - Hael, Hael, Elandera, Elandera, 
Kynedath (4) - Lopen, Lopen, Araris, Araris
Straw (2) - Experience, Experience
Experience (2) - Straw, Straw
Lopen (1) - Fura
Hael (1) - Fura

So those are the votecounts. The people Hael votes on were Kynedath, Zillah, and Devotary. I already thought the two of those that aren't dead are villagers though, so this helps me with literally nothing.

Another thing of note, I specifically gave information to the thread last turn to see how people responded while I was preparing my votes. I'm pretty sure I made this clear, but based on how people responded, I was going to change how I voted. Now, while I unfortunately was too busy looking through the game history to see who specifically was online during rollover, I think in addition to those that posted after I said I was spreading the votes, STINK is the only other person I saw online. (Sorry, your name is blue. That's the only reason I saw it xD )

Now, Both Experience's and Straw's last minute votes where very very strange. I think we should look a lot into those. However, we know I voted on an elim, and I think it possible one of them may have been trying to spread out the votes more. I have one more suspicion I don't want to share yet.

@Straw @Experience Have you done a player reads list at all this game? Would you mind giving me one pls? Doesn't have to be based on analysis. Gut will suffice.
This should be enough to disprove my paranoid theory. : P

Ok, pulling back up the votecount for 4.2, when I voted on Hael, the votecount was as follows:
Lopen (1) - Fura
Hael (1) - Fura

Here is xino's math for 5 people up for the lynch

Not accurate in this situation, but it will be less that what we see here. This does make it clear that Hael was in minimal danger of expulsion, and probably had a 50/50 (or a bit less) chance at getting roleblocked. He definitely would not need to be saved here unless he was in a field where they needed his action, or if all the other elims are all in fields where they need their actions (or are expelled). If either Experience or Straw turns out to be an elim, this should tell us a lot about the composition of the team, though right now I might hazard a guess they are both village... or not... I need those reads lists first. : P

Edit: oh, ninjad by a long elandera post. Cool!

ED2T: @Elandera

Devotary is solid village for me. Kynedath and Karnage are both soft village. Araris and Elkanah are both leaning towards village, but I'd like to look into their posts a bit more before I say one way or the other.

Straw and Fura are both leaning towards elim for me. Since I suspected Fura last turn, I'm willing to place a vote there.

Fura, Fura

(Also, I'll be honest here. If I weren't me, I'd probably vote on me based on what I found in his posts.)

Ok, I'm less excited for a long Elandera post now. : P

I don't find you particularly suspicious right now, can't remember why, I'll have to go reread 4.1? 4.2? I stopped being so suspicious of you somewhere there... I said if POE narrowed down too much, Id have to re-inspect Araris, so I think I will have to be doing that. Beyond that, I need to re-look at other players in this game. I feel like we are at a very solvable point in the game right now...

I'll be much more active this cycle, so don't worry. I'll find a better place for you to put your vote. : P Unless we all want to try keeping me roleblocked until the end of the game? xD

Edited by Furamirionind

….. Hael why you do this.  Welp. So the elims know my first two elevations then. That's fun. So great. Very excited about that.  On the plus I at least can tell you Hael was a physicker, and would've become a master this turn.  I don’t know exactly how many elevations in that he had, but it think he had at least two so may have gone full? Not sure though. Apparently wasn't self protecting this turn so that was lucky timing on that kill! I. Need to go re-evaluate many things. Our PM's were cryptic at best so I'm not sure how much other information that's in there to relook at but I'll go do another read through or three o_O

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I still think it's quite possible the lie was from the RP. I'd have to look over Bard again (to remember all the details), but I'm getting less convinced he was a skindancer. I lie all the time in these games regardless of alignment, so him lying doesn't necessarily mean he is evil.

I think I ninja'd you with some of my Hael post analysis. There's one in there where he responds to Xino's questioning about Hael's vote on Bard that really makes me think Xino was right in saying Hael's vote was hedging.

Also, the fact Xino was attacked again (and now insane) is another hint he was not lying about Bard. Since he's the only one who went insane, I expect that was the elim attack. One elim probably tried to kill him while another used the Skindancer ability, expecting there to be protection in place.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Oh, with Hael dying, I forgot to mention I'm 99% sure CadCom is innocent now... Cool, glad that info is going to help a lot... : /

@little wilson @Elbereth Can we PM expelled players if we are attending Imre for the term?

From what i recall, you can pm them whenever, but they just can only legally respond if you're in the imre, so its up to you if you tell them you're in the imre for them to respond or not?

3 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

From what i recall, you can pm them whenever, but they just can only legally respond if you're in the imre, so its up to you if you tell them you're in the imre for them to respond or not?

RIP, if I knew this was the case I wouldn't have bothered to say this in thread. I just would have PMed him. xD
I'm going to wait for GM confirmation though. @little wilson @Elbereth

45 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Ok, I'm less excited for a long Elandera post now. : P

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the mindset that we either have enough votes to expel you or not votes at all. Yet another roleblock will be completely unnecessary. And I'm not sold on your lynch either. I'd also be fully willing to vote on Straw at this point, or change entirely once I get through some more posts.

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the mindset that we either have enough votes to expel you or not votes at all. Yet another roleblock will be completely unnecessary. And I'm not sold on your lynch either. I'd also be fully willing to vote on Straw at this point, or change entirely once I get through some more posts.

Lol. Maybe that makes me feel better? We'll see. : P
I'm still on the fence about Straw. I just want that reads list before I make judgement...

So, time for a full infodump, since the Skindancers will be targeting me anyway.

I am the Master Linguist. The first two times I was elevated in Linguistics, I gained the anonymous message ability and the passive PM spying ability. I saw no reason to use the anonymous message ability, so I never used it. Last turn, I was elevated again and gained the lie detection ability.

I used the lie detection ability on Araris, Hael, and Burnt, as they each posted a large number of reads. Hael was the only person who lied.

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Now, Both Experience's and Straw's last minute votes where very very strange. I think we should look a lot into those. However, we know I voted on an elim, and I think it possible one of them may have been trying to spread out the votes more. I have one more suspicion I don't want to share yet.

@Straw @Experience Have you done a player reads list at all this game? Would you mind giving me one pls? Doesn't have to be based on analysis. Gut will suffice.

To clarify on the last minute votes: at 6:59, literally one minute before the day ended, Experience suddenly voted on me. They gave no explanation for why they had voted on me, other than the fact that they had "a bad gut feeling" but that they didn't have time to look at any posts to confirm. I was extremely confused and annoyed, so I tried to do a last minute vote switch onto them. I looked back through their posts, and the last time before then that they had mentioned me in a post was in Term 2 Month 2, where they had been confused by StrikerEZ's post and then immediately retracted in the same post. The only other mention of me was quoting me asking them to switch from Araris to spread out the votes further, and them complying. So, in summary: Experience voted on me at the last minute so I didn't even get the chance to defend myself, gave no reasons other than a "bad gut", hadn't even mentioned me since Term 2 Month 2, and had never mentioned being suspicious of me for something I'd actually said.

I'll try to get a reads list up soon.

Also, I noticed a little something hidden in white text at the end of your post. What's up with that?

I'll be much more active this cycle, so don't worry. I'll find a better place for you to put your vote. : P Unless we all want to try keeping me roleblocked until the end of the game? xD

White text is bolded and turned black.

12 minutes ago, Straw said:

I am the Master Linguist.

I didn't even realize you'd been elevated. Here's the player list updated to be correct:

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

Well, someone is getting some amazing shots in this game. Congrats. Hael's death should give us a lot more information and leads. I'll get to doing a breakdown, though it will take longer since Hael had a lot more content than Walin. For now, player list/stats.

Alive/Sane:

Hide contents

Expelled:

Hide contents

Insane:

Hide contents
  • Unelevated
    • HH (Noble)
    • Striker (Edema Ruh)
    • Lumgol (Noble)
    • Sart (Commoner)
  • Re'lar
    • DeTess (Commoner)
    • Coda (Noble)
  • El'the
    • Xino (Commoner)

Dead:

Hide contents
  • Student
    • Lord Sil (Commoner)
    • Zillah (Commoner)
  • Skindancer
    • Walin (Commoner)
    • Hael (Edema Ruh)

We could definitely use a solid look at both the new Masters, especially after the votes of last turn.

@Experience, are you able to quantify that gut read you had on Straw?

Straw's explanation makes sense, and would likely be something he'd do regardless of alignment. 

I was going to post some more, but just realized I'm almost off work and out of time. I'll share more thoughts later today. Please be active everyone. Who do you think is most suspicious? Who do you think is most village? (Also, I'm not the only one who should be looking into Hael. There's a lot there to investigate.)