914 posts in this topic

Dunno i could probably invent some if I bothered though

27 minutes ago, Experience said:

Lopen's votes on CadCom are a little unusual to me. If they are already going to be roleblocked for the next three rounds, what is the point of putting votes on them now? Yes, he didn't vote on Bard, but there were others that didn't so not sure why that makes him stand out. And why would his self-preservation vote make him more suspicious. I think that if it was just a vote on Xino it would look more suspicious, but for self-preservation it makes sense at least to me.

Even an Edema Ruh can afford to spend a single talent on nahlrout, especially by forgoing the University for a term. I now realise I'm not quite sure how self-applied nahlrout works, but it's entirely possible CadCom and/or Fura are not roleblocked. CadCom voting in self-preservation is suspicious because everyone else up for the lynch who actually voted was perfectly willing to risk expulsion by not expanding the field of candidates. A second roleblock on CadCom is largely useless, but I would vote for him if expulsion seemed likely. Any kill roles floating around could help with that, though Bard would probably be the primary target.

I see Zillah is being targeted for being a low-content El'the. I suppose we have no way of knowing whether or not Zillah ended up on the streets, and even then there's only a 25% chance of death per turn. With five people currently up for the lynch, I don't know how likely Zillah will be expelled. I've probably been calculating expulsion rates incorrectly, adding chance of 11+ votes *.1 + %13+ *.3 + %15+ *.65 etc. instead of %11-12 *.1 + %13-14 *.3 etc. This lynch is also less random since Walin can put 5 DP on whoever he wants in addition to the one DP from his votes. I'll come back with a public apology and a pair of votes before rollover.

3 hours ago, CadCom said:

1. Maybe this will make me more sus to all of you, but I think it needs to he said. You are still all assuming Bard is elim, when we still have no proof of that. You're voting on me or making me a suspect because I didnt vote on Bard. Well guess what? It's entirely possible still that Bard is village. In fact from their few posts after expulsion, I personally had a more village lean on them. 

Sure, it's not 100% that Bard is evil, but Xino has apparently scanned him twice and he was lying both times. He has yet to explain his second lie, or even really post anything since he was expelled. I feel like it's very likely Bard is an elim. Would be nice if we could get his alignment to make sure, but at this point I'm willing to make some assumptions based on him being evil.

1 hour ago, CadCom said:

Updated vote count (Not official)

Zillah(8): Haelbarde, CadCom, CadCom, Haelbarde, Elkanah, Elkanah, Experience, Experience.
Stink(2): Xino, Xino
Cadcom(2): Lopen, Lopen

I'm going to leave my vote on Zillah for now, but I also want to express how I hate that we seem to be doing this thing where we want to have people get expelled, so we just jump on the first available lynch just because it's someone we are mildly suspicious of or know very little about. I'd much rather have some other discussion about other possible elims.

Along the same lines, the idea that we just assume everyone we've expelled is elim is also very dangerous. It's exactly what we've done with Bard, and I don't like it. I've also decided within the last few minutes that it makes me suspicious of Lopen.

Ninja'd by Burnt and Straw. Thank you Straw for suggesting another new candidate, and not just voting for Zillah just for the purposes of expelling anyone. 

Again, there's some amount of proof about Bard. Do you think Xino is lying about his scans? I guess it's possible, and Bard has just given up trying to convince people he's innocent, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

I'm not going to assume everyone we expel is an elim. That doesn't make a lot of sense. If any of the players up for the lynch right now get expelled, I will absolutely not assume any of them are evil. It's just a very unique circumstance in Bard's case that I think makes it fairly safe to assume he's evil.

In response to Experience, the self-preservation is fine, it's simply that his choice of vote was Xino, who is imo, the most cleared player in the game currently. It's possible Cadcom was just genuinely suspicious, he certainly doesn't feel the same way about Xino I do, but it's my best lead right now.

Anyways, some RP!

Leo hadn't been sleeping well the past few weeks. He'd started leaving a small lamp on in his room after more and more of his fellow Students had been cracking. It seemed to help ease his mind from worrying over what could be in the shadows.

It's like I'm a little kid again. he thought to himself as he groggily made his way to the University for his classes. He'd almost decided to just stay in bed for the day after hardly sleeping at all, but class was really the only time he could get his mind off of the situation he was in. He enjoyed the numbers in Arithmetics, as well as the logic side of things in the Rhetoric and Logic class. The Archives were a bit dull to him, as he'd never had much of a passion for reading. He found many of the arcane classes especially fascinating though, but was content to be more of an observer rather than an active participant. As he was trying to figure out a particularly interesting puzzle the Master Rhetorician had given him, he bumped into one of the other Students.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. I really need to keep my eyes open." he said as he made a small bow. "I haven't actually run into many people here, figuratively or literally. That's probably a mistake on my part. I think getting to know a few more of my colleagues is probably a good idea. Oh, but I haven't even introduced myself. The name's Leo, if you don't know. What's yours?"

If anyone wants to get bumped into, feel free to respond. I think I'd be more motivated to RP if I'm not just doing introspective stuff lol.

18 minutes ago, STINK said:

Dunno i could probably invent some if I bothered though

In that case could you please take your vote off of me? I don't want to be taken on the Horns just because you randomly felt like voting on me.

I think I'm all for expelling Zillah Zillah. While I'm suspicious of Hael, I agree that it is dangerous to have a player submitting actions and EP but not contributing at all to the discussion.

Whoops. I  meant to post this last night.

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

While we told y'all the cost of your tuition last turn, we didn't actually... subtract it from your totals? :P I'll send you your actual current money shortly. Oops. 

I was wondering why an Edema had so much money after tuition... xD

29 minutes ago, Straw said:

I'm not really poke-voting him, I'm voting on him for flying under the radar. So far this game, the only actual read they've said was that they found one of Coda's posts to be suspicious. I'd like to see some actual content from him.

What's your reasoning for voting on me?

Ah, an Araris Stab(tm) vote, I see. : )

16 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Even an Edema Ruh can afford to spend a single talent on nahlrout, especially by forgoing the University for a term. I now realise I'm not quite sure how self-applied nahlrout works, but it's entirely possible CadCom and/or Fura are not roleblocked. CadCom voting in self-preservation is suspicious because everyone else up for the lynch who actually voted was perfectly willing to risk expulsion by not expanding the field of candidates. A second roleblock on CadCom is largely useless, but I would vote for him if expulsion seemed likely. Any kill roles floating around could help with that, though Bard would probably be the primary target.

I see Zillah is being targeted for being a low-content El'the. I suppose we have no way of knowing whether or not Zillah ended up on the streets, and even then there's only a 25% chance of death per turn. With five people currently up for the lynch, I don't know how likely Zillah will be expelled. I've probably been calculating expulsion rates incorrectly, adding chance of 11+ votes *.1 + %13+ *.3 + %15+ *.65 etc. instead of %11-12 *.1 + %13-14 *.3 etc. This lynch is also less random since Walin can put 5 DP on whoever he wants in addition to the one DP from his votes. I'll come back with a public apology and a pair of votes before rollover.

Idk how AI spreading the votes is. I normally have little sense of self preservation in these games, but a mix of how cool this game is, and how easy it is to save yourself... I was hard pressed not to spread the votes 2 turns ago when I was a bit nervous.

Honestly, CadCom and I have been in the same boat most of this game, and I'm a bit biased now due to PMs, but I'm somewhat more reluctant to have him expelled now.

9 minutes ago, Straw said:

In that case could you please take your vote off of me? I don't want to be taken on the Horns just because you randomly felt like voting on me.

@STINK I'm kind of with Straw on this. Randomly throwing people up for the lynch towards the end of the cycle isnt useful. In fact, I find it rather suspicious.

Idk the vote count, but I'd vote for STINK over this.

Posted (edited)

I don't expect the RP to change your vote, just want the tuition reduction, and thought it would be fun to play off of. 

38 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Leo hadn't been sleeping well the past few weeks. He'd started leaving a small lamp on in his room after more and more of his fellow Students had been cracking. It seemed to help ease his mind from worrying over what could be in the shadows.

It's like I'm a little kid again. he thought to himself as he groggily made his way to the University for his classes. He'd almost decided to just stay in bed for the day after hardly sleeping at all, but class was really the only time he could get his mind off of the situation he was in. He enjoyed the numbers in Arithmetics, as well as the logic side of things in the Rhetoric and Logic class. The Archives were a bit dull to him, as he'd never had much of a passion for reading. He found many of the arcane classes especially fascinating though, but was content to be more of an observer rather than an active participant. As he was trying to figure out a particularly interesting puzzle the Master Rhetorician had given him, he bumped into one of the other Students.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. I really need to keep my eyes open." he said as he made a small bow. "I haven't actually run into many people here, figuratively or literally. That's probably a mistake on my part. I think getting to know a few more of my colleagues is probably a good idea. Oh, but I haven't even introduced myself. The name's Leo, if you don't know. What's yours?"

Cadici was walking to Archives for an elective class he had decided to take. It wasn't even a full month into the term, and he already began regretting his decision. Archives was definitely not the field he wanted to go into. He was leaning more towards physicking or Rhetorics. Maybe Naming, but that field just seemed too ambiguous for Cadici. 

"Hi Leo. I'm Cadici" Cadaci responded. After a brief pause he added "You're the one with complaints on me, right? Ehh no biggie, I've been a bit of a dumb kid at times I was just on my way to a class in Archives. Where you headed?" 

In his mind, Cadici began trying to figure out why Lopen would file two complaints against Cadici. 

Sure, I was stupid for skipping classes and throwing random people under the bus, but that was last term. It's a new term now. Why can't people just let me turn over a new leaf. Start over. 

His grades had been suffering for the first three terms, and even though Cadici was just a Ruh, it would be more than embarrassing to return home with out a diploma. He was the first person from his part of the Ruh village who had gone to college in 4 generations. (I've never actually read KKC, so I don't know if my Ruh village made any sense)

Edited by CadCom

48 minutes ago, Straw said:

I'm not even allowed to do anything fun anymore smh Straw

9 minutes ago, STINK said:

I'm not even allowed to do anything fun anymore smh Straw

I mean, STINK, in this game a single vote on someone can get them expelled, even if others have more votes, if they are unlucky... So... It's kind of a big deal : P

Posted (edited)

Maern said nothing for a couple seconds, struggling to find a response. “I know, but I… I just can’t- oh, I don’t know.” he sighed. Why did words have to be so hard? The Master was probably going to forbid him from helping now, all because he couldn’t explain himself.

“You feel powerless, don’t you,” murmured the Master Rhetorician. “Like the world is playing with you like a toy on a string… like at any moment you could slip off and fall into the endless darkness below, and nothing you can do can keep you tethered to the fragile thread that holds you from that fate.”

Maern could only nod, speechless.

The Master chuckled, a little sadly. “I should have expected that from you, shouldn’t I?” he said. “You were never one who liked to feel powerless. Other students… they’d have been happy to let other people deal with it. But not you.”

Maern nodded slowly. “I mean, if the majority of the investigators are like Ferwish-”

The Master shook his head. “No, luckily he’s fairly unique. He really shouldn’t be in the investigative force at all, but…” he sighed. “He has friends in high places. There’s only so much we can do if we want the University to stay open.”

----

Zillah(12): Haelbarde, CadCom, CadCom, Haelbarde, Elkanah, Elkanah, Experience, Experience, Karnage, Karnage, Araris, Araris
Rathmaskal(3) Straw, Straw, Stink
Stink(2): Xino, Xino
Cadcom(2): Lopen, Lopen
Straw(0): Stink

I was beginning to type this all up when I realized a chart would probably be better. So... here you go!

5 People, 40 DP 0DP 1DP 2DP 3DP 4DP 5DP 6DP 7DP 8DP 9DP 10DP 11DP
No effect 55.35 49.84 41.67 32.80 24.61 17.75 12.36 8.32 5.39 3.32 1.89 0.96
1-turn Roleblock 18.77 21.01 21.94 21.43 19.66 16.99 13.82 10.50 7.33 4.62 2.57 1.23
3-turn Roleblock 15.52 21.14 26.67 31.24 34.05 34.64 33.02 29.67 25.29 20.56 15.89 11.55
Expulsion 2.77 5.16 8.93 14.39 21.66 30.62 40.80 51.52 61.98 71.50 79.65 86.25

This chart represents the chances of each particular occurrence given 40 random DP and five people up for the vote. The top row is the number of guaranteed votes on an indivdual. Currently, Zillah has 6DP, Rath, Stink and CadCom have 1, and Straw has 0. Walin has an additional 5 DP that could be distributed on anyone. Speaking of which, what do people think about having Masters reveal who they are placing DP on in thread?

4 People, 40 DP 0DP 1DP 2DP 3DP 4DP 5DP 6DP 7DP 8DP 9DP 10DP 11DP
No effect 41.23 33.12 25.31 18.54 13.10 8.93 5.87 3.68 2.17 1.18 0.57 0.24
1-turn Roleblock 21.17 20.74 19.16 16.71 13.73 10.58 7.57 4.97 2.95 1.56 0.72 0.29
3-turn Roleblock 26.16 30.30 32.86 33.45 32.07 29.09 25.07 20.58 16.06 11.84 8.13 5.11
Expulsion 9.85 15.37 22.57 31.29 41.10 51.39 61.49 70.77 78.81 85.43 90.58 94.37

I just got ninja'd by Stink's retraction, so here's 40 random DP and 4 people. As you can see, chances of expulsion jump by as much as 20 percent for 6 DP (Zillah) and 10 percent for 1 DP (Rath, Stink, Cadcom). Walin can increase the likelihood of expulsion by around 30-40 percent total (around 10 percentage points more for each DP).

I have to leave now, (and I just noticed that one of charts has an error :P ) I'm not sure if I'll be back before rollover. Hopefully yes.

Edited by xinoehp512

I figured out why I'm struggling so much this game. Ninety percent of the discussion happens while I'm sleeping, and I might have an hour to catch up on pages of discussion if I'm lucky. 

The vote on Zillah doesn't make much sense to me, but I also don't have any hard suspicions at the moment (someone with abilities or money, please, I'm begging you, kill Bard). I'd rather not spread out the voting pool just because I feel like being contradictory.

1 hour ago, CadCom said:

I don't expect the RP to change your vote, just want the tuition reduction, and thought it would be fun to play off of. 

Cadici was walking to Archives for an elective class he had decided to take. It wasn't even a full month into the term, and he already began regretting his decision. Archives was definitely not the field he wanted to go into. He was leaning more towards physicking or Rhetorics. Maybe Naming, but that field just seemed too ambiguous for Cadici. 

"Hi Leo. I'm Cadici" Cadaci responded. After a brief pause he added "You're the one with complaints on me, right? Ehh no biggie, I've been a bit of a dumb kid at times I was just on my way to a class in Archives. Where you headed?" 

In his mind, Cadici began trying to figure out why Lopen would file two complaints against Cadici. 

Sure, I was stupid for skipping classes and throwing random people under the bus, but that was last term. It's a new term now. Why can't people just let me turn over a new leaf. Start over. 

His grades had been suffering for the first three terms, and even though Cadici was just a Ruh, it would be more than embarrassing to return home with out a diploma. He was the first person from his part of the Ruh village who had gone to college in 4 generations. (I've never actually read KKC, so I don't know if my Ruh village made any sense)

"Oh, Cadici, it's you," Leo shuffled his feet uncomfortably. "Right, sorry about that, it's just that, well...no offense, but it's not too common for Ruh to attend the University. Not to mention all of the skipping classes and such. Just seemed to me to be a peculiarity, and in these times peculiarity makes folks, me included, a bit on edge. I do apologize if I'm leaping to conclusions here, but hopefully the Master's will know whether to listen to me or not. I'm sure they'll have a better idea of what to think about your activities lately. Uh, anyways, where am I headed you asked? I've actually just come from the Rhetoric and Logic class. Quite an interesting lecture I must say. Not that I understood it completely mind you, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Ah, but I'm getting sidetracked again. I'm currently on my way to get some lunch. After that I might take a short nap. It's been hard to get a good nights sleep with everything that's going on." At that, Leo started inching away. "So, em, I should probably be on my way. Good luck to you in the Archives. Try not to get lost. Felt like a maze last time I went wandering about in there."

Leo made another quick bow and hurried away, obviously not wanting to stick around. That's just great Leo, just bump in to the very person you just complained about. Or...maybe he was waiting for me? Leo glanced behind him to see if Cadici was watching him. Ahhh, I'm definitely not sleeping tonight either.

Vol had been charged with Undignified Mischief again, just when it seemed like the Masters had finally seen the value of Alchemy. It seems Nethwyl's expulsion had had some personal positive effects after all. Upon gaining access to the E'lir laboratory, Vol had immediately whipped up a celebratory explosive concoction, setting it off far away from the University grounds. Evidently not far enough, for one of the students had complained. The Alchemy Master saw nothing wrong with the display, but the others apparently thought it showed poor decorum. None of them particularly cared; none of them should care with Skindancers still on the loose, and yet it was back in front of an apathetic crowd apologising for a triviality.

"Yes, it might have been a mistake to set off a noisemaker where someone could possibly hear it (Someone being concerned with loud noises when the real threat came silently was perhaps not strictly logical, but to each their own). In the future, all such work will be constrained to the Alchemical laboratories (A blatant lie, no self-respecting student would be willing to restrict themselves so). No explosives will be detonated in a location without supervision (If anything, even more obviously false than the last sentence, but it was what the Masters wanted to hear. Perhaps the new Master, Lin Wa, would be more understanding, or at least more rational.

So nahlrout does passively protect someone from lashings, and one ounce completely protects from both the one turn and the three turn roleblock. Xino's chart seems to be within several rounding errors of accurate, though presumably 8, 9, and 10 DP weren't supposed to have the same chances in the second chart. I'm willing to let CadCom go this time, since his expulsion chances aren't high and if he bought one nahlrout he easily could have bought two. I can look at him again next cycle, especially if he gets elevated. Zillah, Zillah, I guess.

Wheeoo! Time to cram in another post right before the cycle's over, without doing proper analysis. I do assure you all, I have a notebook, but for now all it consists of is the title "LG65: KKC University (Walin's Notes)."

Ahem. Zillah, Zillah, yay bandwagoning, I'm gonna go set my actions since I didn't earlier.

------

Lin Wa was confused, because he thought that as a Master he wouldn't have to keep cramming and studying quite so hard. After all, he'd learned enough that he could instruct and grade, right? Wrong. There was always a need to study, not to mention the sheer thirst for knowledge that attacked him sometimes. It was strange that he would still be stuck in a book after hours, even after finishing all his tasks for the day.

Turn’s over! See you in a few hours. 

LG 65: Term 4 Month 2 - Fae Refuted

In this turn, three students expelled! 
For so few votes surely doom spelled
Cadici set fires,
Rath made vulgar flyers
And Ugfal the Three-Handed smelled. 

Maern had a scare just last night - 
The assailant gave him a fright
But he did not die,
For the man was quite spry 
And the attacker had to take flight 

There once was a man named Lin Wa,
Who followed each letter and law,
But being a Master
Could not make him faster
Than the blizzard of iron he saw. 

There once was a metallic storm
Which ripped over Lin Wa’s true form
And as for the answer
Was he a skindancer?
You’ll find it beneath iron’s swarm. 

(There once was a GM named El
Who thought this turn turned out quite well
The limericks fine
The spreadsheet in line
And now I will bid you farewell)

Limericks. Sloan hated limericks. They never seemed to work with the music that always filled her mind. And yet, there was a limerick there, fighting with the song she was humming. It was even one of her favorites - the song, not the limerick - which made the limerick annoy her all the more. Where was this sound coming from. If she found the source, she’d kill it. Even if it was one of her people. Anyone muttering in limerick form didn’t deserve her protection.

She tried to dance down the street, humming louder to block out the limerick. But no, the limerick got louder. She couldn’t even make out any words but it was increasing in a syllabic volume that made her forget how cold it was. (Maybe if she wasn’t so frustrated, she’d be thrilled about something causing her to forget the chill, but no).

A shadow in the alley caught her eye, and she spun toward it. She’d lost her beat. That had never happened to her before. Whipping out one of her daggers - a jagged little work of art she loved to slice through skin with - she stepped toward the alley. And the words became clear.

“For students, there’s three things to know -
The first is that school makes much woe
And even if worked on
Till you see light of dawn
You might still have nothing to show!”

Sloan grinned. It wasn’t one of her people. She would’ve delighted in killing the student without any encouragement whatsoever, but this one. This one had made her lose her beat.

The blood ran dark out of the alley and Sloan danced away. The beat was back, the limerick silenced. The night suddenly seemed so much brighter.

Lin Wa (Walin) was killed! He was a Skindancer!
Amila Tays (Zillah) was killed! She was a Student!
Maern (Xino) was attacked and protected!

Ugfal the Three-Handed (Stink), Cadici (CadCom), and Rath were all brought on the Horns and the Masters, in a stroke of viciousness, expelled all three of them!

The following students were elevated: Seoras (Haelbarde), Athdara (Elandera), Straw (Straw Altiora), Lasko Veitch (Karnage), Vol (Devotary), Rath, Ugfal the Three Handed (Stink), and Leo (Lopen).

Term 4 Month 2 has begun! It will end 15 May at 4:00 PM PDT.

Well, I was wrong about walin, I'll have to look back into Bard, and I'm rather upset I've been expelled. 

Posted (edited)

ookay thats not what i was expecting to see.

2 deaths, a third attack, three expulsions and only 7 8 elevations. wowza things be heating up all right.

That was a timely kill on walin whoever did that o_O any later and that would've been rip a field. Although I suppose they'd have waited for other masters to hide behind before incriminating themselves by destroying a field as the only master.

Edit: I cant count, theres 8 not 7 elevations

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Zillah apparently didn't submit housing orders, but apparently could have come back and gotten off the streets if not for getting unlucky with a 10% chance of death.

Walin neglected to elevate anyone. Since there's a one talent tuition increase and failing to elevate someone is, at least in the short term, more suspicious than choosing to elevate someone and later being found to be evil. A known Skindancer elevating someone gives a decent chance that one of the elevatees is evil, but failing to elevate suggests what plausibly happened; that no other Skindancers invested in Walin's field. There's risk for a student Master to elevate someone, but in most cases there should be someone worth taking a risk on.

Three people being expelled is partly because kills come before assigning DP, leaving only three people eligible for DP, but could also be Walin dumping 5 DP on one of the three other players. The odds of any of them being expelled if Walin put his DP on Zillah are low 40s ignoring DP soakage so it's possible to have happened naturally to all three, but it's likely that at least one expelled player was a student that Walin decided to target.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Zillah apparently didn't submit housing orders, but apparently could have come back and gotten off the streets if not for getting unlucky with a 10% chance of death.

Walin neglected to elevate anyone. Since there's a one talent tuition increase and failing to elevate someone is, at least in the short term, more suspicious than choosing to elevate someone and later being found to be evil. A known Skindancer elevating someone gives a decent chance that one of the elevatees is evil, but failing to elevate suggests what plausibly happened; that no other Skindancers invested in Walin's field. There's risk for a student Master to elevate someone, but in most cases there should be someone worth taking a risk on.

Three people being expelled is partly because kills come before assigning DP, leaving only three people eligible for DP, but could also be Walin dumping 5 DP on one of the three other players. The odds of any of them being expelled if Walin put his DP on Zillah are low 40s ignoring DP soakage so it's possible to have happened naturally to all three, but it's likely that at least one expelled player was a student that Walin decided to target.

As you've noted, kills come before DP. They also come before elevations. Walin could not have elevated anyone or filed DP because he was dead. His spot has been filled by an NPC Master.

10 minutes ago, little wilson said:

As you've noted, kills come before DP. They also come before elevations. Walin could not have elevated anyone or filed DP because he was dead. His spot has been filled by an NPC Master.

Would the replacement NPC Master have elevated someone this turn, if there was someone available to elevate? 

Even if it wasn't Bard, I'm glad we finally have something to go on for reads. I'll be spending my free time to look at Walin's interactions and what on earth happened last turn.

Also, yay! I was finally elevated in something! :P

Whoever put out a 2 jot contract for my death, I'm insulted. I'm worth at least a Talent, IMO. :P

Also, congrats to whoever it was that put the assassination on Walin, etc. And now I have a few buddies to drink away the day with now we're no longer at the University, I suppose. Welcome, the three of you. (Though to have such a slow start, and then 3 expulsions and 2, almost 3 deaths is a bit of a turn.)

Posted (edited)

Alright, so here's an updated player list, elevations list, and the final complaint tally from end of last cycle.

Player List
1. @Haelbarde - Seòras (Edema Ruh)
2. @Elandera - Athdara, alchemist (Noble)
3. @Burnt Spaghetti - Bryn Aria (Commoner)
4. @DeTess -
Evelyn Bryen (Commoner) Insane
5. @Elkanah (Edema Ruh)
6. @Straw - Straw (Commoner)
7. @xinoehp512 - Maern (Commoner)
8. @Lord_Silberfarben - Lord Silberfarben (Commoner)
9. @Coda -
Catalan, namer (Noble) Insane
10. @Karnage - Lasko Veitch (Noble)
11. @Hemalurgic Headshot -
Onur Setyn (Noble) Insane
12. @StrikerEZ - 
Ryykal Ladzo (Edema Ruh) Insane
13. @Lumgol - 
Caia Irèn (Noble) Insane
14. @Experience - Shard (Commoner)
15. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Vol, paranoid alchemist (Noble)
16. @CadCom -
Cadaci (Edema Ruh) Expelled
17. @Sart Sagaer Murtoy, accompanied by a child (Commoner) Insane
18. @Furamirionind (Edema Ruh)

19. @Zillah  - Amila Tays (Commoner) Student
20. @Araris Valerian - Arael Solon (Noble)
21. @Rathmaskal - Rath (Commoner) Expelled
22.  @STINK - Ugfal the Three-Handed, with only two hands (Commoner) Expelled
23. @Kynedath - Traelynn Weeks, likes beets (Edema Ruh)
24. @Walin -
Lin Wa (Commoner) Skindancer
25. @GreenRover - Knighter Nune (Noble)
26. @Young Bard -
Nethwyl Nox, pyromaniac (Commoner) Expelled
27. @TheMightyLopen - Leo (Noble)

Rank 0 - Unelevated - 5
Hemalurgic Headshot, Ryykal Ladzo (StrikerEZ), Caia Irèn (Lumgol), Sagaer Murtoy (Sart)

Rank 1 - E'lir - 4
Traelynn Weeks (Kynedath), Knighter Nune (Rover), Cadici (CadCom), Lyoan (Fura), Ethdara (Elendera)

Rank 2 - Re'lar - 3
Bryn Aria (Burnt Spaghetti), Arael Solon (Araris), Vol (Devotary), Evelyn Bryen (DeTess)Ugfal the Three-Handed (Stink), Catalan (Coda)

Rank 3 - El'the - 8
Shard (Experience), Maern (Xino), Kendel (Elkanah), Lord Silberfarben, Seòras (Haelbarde), Straw Altiora (Straw), Lasko Veitch (Karnage), Leo (Lopen), Rath, Nethwyl Nox (Bard), Amila Tays (Zillah)

Rank 4 - Master - 0
Lin Wa (Walin)

Vote Tally
Zillah(16): Hael{1}, CadCom{1}, CadCom{2}, Hael{2}, Elkanah{1}, Elkanah{2}, Exp{1}, Exp{2}, Elkanah{5}, Elkanah{6}, Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}, Araris{1}, Araris{2}, Devotary{1}, Devotary{2}, Walin{1}, Walin{2}
Stink(2): Xino{1}, Xino{2}
CadCom(2): Lopen{1}, Lopen{2}
Rath(3): Straw{1}, Straw{2}, Stink{1}
Coda(0): Elkanah{3}, Elkanah{4}
Straw(0): Stink{2}

Zillah(16): Hael(x2), CadCom(x2), Exp(x2), Elkanah(x2), Karnage(x2), Araris(x2), Devotary(x2), Walin(x2)
Rath(3): Straw(x2), Stink
Stink(2): Xino(x2)
CadCom(2): Lopen(x2)

Alright, well that was quite an eventful round...

Can we please actually discuss the lynch sooner than the last 8 hours of the cycle? Those are the eight hours in which I'm meant to be sleeping... It seems that Zillah, rather than being sneaky and quietly working their way to the top, must have just put in EP earlier in the game, and just gotten lucky (or otherwise had no competition). Also must have gotten either had more than 6 talents coin, or got fairly unluckly with the merc death roll.

It's a pity Exp hadn't pointed out that Zillah was in danger of dying to inactivity earlier, because that would have been a good point - not a lot of use in wasting what ended up being 16 complaints on a dead person.

@CadCom You've expressed twice now that you're suspicious of me, saying both times that you don't currently have any particular reasons for being suspicious. Any progress on that? 

@Araris Valerian I think you've been the same, although I think you at least had the accusation along the lines of my reads not ultimately being all that useful if I'm not expression suspicions of anyone in particular. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, which isn't exactly a great strategy for finding people to be suspicious of in a game. Had that been the main thing?

Also, you were suspicious of Devotary 3.2 - is that still the case?

17 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Speaking of which, what do people think about having Masters reveal who they are placing DP on in thread?

That's an interesting idea. We couldn't really know for sure if their claims were true, but I don't see why Masters couldn't share that if they wanted. 

16 hours ago, Elandera said:

I figured out why I'm struggling so much this game. Ninety percent of the discussion happens while I'm sleeping, and I might have an hour to catch up on pages of discussion if I'm lucky. 

The vote on Zillah doesn't make much sense to me, but I also don't have any hard suspicions at the moment (someone with abilities or money, please, I'm begging you, kill Bard). I'd rather not spread out the voting pool just because I feel like being contradictory.

I know exactly how you feel about the discussion happening when asleep...

I think most people just saw my vote, thought "eh, it seems safe to be suspicious of an inactive, I'll throw down a vote to not have to think hard about alternatives," or something to that effect...

I see you had some suspicions here in 3.2. Have you progressed your thoughts on them at all? You looked at Exp, Burnt, and Xino during 4.1 I suppose, but what about Straw? You mentioned a sligh elim read on them, pending more evidence at the time.

@Elkanah was there a particular reason why you put a vote on Devotary during 3.2?

Alright, I'm finally redoing my reads. Focusing only on the players who are currently able to participate in the lynch:

Spoiler

2. Elandera - (Noble) - Has posted a suspicions of a few players during 3.2, 4.1, but hasn't acted on any suspicions to date. Hoping to hear back from them this cycle. Neutral, but likely to move towards slight elim.
3. Burnt Spaghetti - (Commoner) - Hasn't contributed much in thread, but I've had an occasional PM from them. More based on the PMs, I'm reading her village.
5. Elkanah - (Edema Ruh) - Followed Araris fairly late in 3.2 in voting Devotary, but otherwise has spent time trying to figure out the elevations jiksaw puzzle. Hasn't recently shared any particular suspicions. I remain neutral as they've shared more than Elendera, but I'd hope they'd be able to be a bit more active the lynch. Otherwise they're in much the same place as Elandera.
6. Straw - (Commoner) - Poke voted Rath 4 hours before end cycle - I say poke vote because Straw the point was to encourage content from Rath, who was otherwise flying under the radar. A vote like that should be place a lot earlier, and the result was Rath expelled, so now has less reason to contribute. Probably leaning towards elim for the moment based on that.
7. xinoehp512 - (Commoner) - Claims to have detected Bard lying twice. Bard hasn't even responded to the second accusation. Strong village read.
20. Araris Valerian - (Noble) - All for meaningful bloodthirsty lynches, but hasn't really been around all that much. Hoping to hear from them more this cycle. I'll keep my neutral read on them for this turn at least.
Kynedath - (Edema Ruh) - Last posted 3.1, so currently inactive. If Zillah is any indication, there's a fair chance they're on the streets. Figure I'm neutral, and we may well see them die soon enough if they remain inactive.

I have to go for the moment, and I want to have this posted, so I'll finish the other reads after I get back.

To do:

Spoiler

8. Lord_Silberfarben - (Commoner) - A bunch of RP, a vote or two on Araris, a retracted vote on Fura. Fura jumped on his post about El'the and skindancers, but by itself I'm not too suspicious. Feels pretty in character for a new player, and also something that if evil a teammate would have advised against saying earlier. Very little to work with here.  
10. Karnage - (Noble) - Quite engaged in the game, a lot of RP and seems to be trying to think about the mechanics of the game and how they can be used. Has kept an eye on people's activity. My gut reads them as village for the moment I think.
14. Experience - (Commoner) - Not a lot of posts, a mix of RP and poke votes, but they did mention it'd be worth starting to focus our votes on people near the end of 1.2. They could do with posting more, but I'm happy enough with what's been posted far. Slight village lean.
Devotary of Spontaneity - (Noble) - Some maths, some RP, poked Bard to stay active during the early game. Started to be a bit more active lately, with some analysis. Mostly reactive though. 
18. Furamirionind - (Edema Ruh) - Very active, pushing everyone to remain active and engaged as well. While it's something an elim could do, maintaining that level of activity in thread while also contributing to a doc would be challenging I think. I read them village, but I think I'd want them to hang around for a long as possible anyway - particularly as they're not dangerous otherwise (no elevations, and little money).
25. GreenRover - (Noble) - Very few posts, but they seem to be starting to become a little more active? Hopefully they do get some further posts down this cycle and next. Have been under the radar.
27. TheMightyLopen - (Noble) - Bah. It's getting late, and I'm finding it hard to focus. They post a decent amount, have been producing game relevant content, participating in votes -initially was helping to spread out votes, but was happy to get on board with consolidating posts. I might have a look at their vote patterns, but that's going to have to happen next cycle (at which point I'll actually get to updating my earlier reads).

Edited by Haelbarde
Fixed broken spoiler boxes

9 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Would the replacement NPC Master have elevated someone this turn, if there was someone available to elevate? 

Yes.