12 hours ago, Straw said:

I'm going to vote on Furamirionind Furamirionind. I really dislike the extreme switch they've made on Silber (going from saying they were his highest suspicion to saying they were 99% village). It feels like an attempt to bait reactions.

I don't agree with the thought process here. I would think baiting reactions is more of a village thing to do?

19 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Well, I suppose that's fair... Though that extra line about waiting to post that... I don't see a reason for an elim to add that line unless it's true. And if it's true, I don't think he is an elim.
However, I did state before that I've never caught an Araris before, so if you are looking for hedging in my post, there it is. : P

Yeah, I agree that the lack of a public claim really doesn't mean anything. The fact that whoever this is clearly trusted Bard to some extent already narrows it down quite a bit. However I still do think it's safest to assume the elims have a Physicker, at least for the time being.

That's what I'm saying - I think Araris is clever enough to think through his posts enough to post something like that as an elim. You say you don't see a reason for an elim to post something like that, but isn't that a reason? Literally what elims should be trying to do is posting things that make the most sense from a village perspective.

In this case, I'm finding myself agreeing with a few of Araris' lynch targets, so I'm leaning village for him as well, but the point I'm making is that I think you're overvaluing his post to claim you have a strong village read on him. I have liked your posts this Month though, considering you have been one of only a few targets. I think I'm willing to back off for now, especially since I don't agree with Straw's reasoning for voting you. Fura (I will say I do feel bad voting for Ruh, so I'm trying to be careful in that regard. I did put a few contracts up to try and help them though, so maybe that would make up for a vote? :P)

13 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Your counts are slightly off. Only 18 people cast votes, but 4 were insane, so only 5 people didn't vote: Burnt, Experience, Zillah, Walin, and Greenrover. Of these, Experience, Zillah, and Greenrover are relatively new players, so their lack of votes is slightly more sensible. Also, given that money is a resource for the elim team, and that voting (at least once) is an easy way to earn some cash, I'd anticipate that the elims probably all voted at least once. I think I should probably lump STINK in with the non-voters, since his votes on Fura were somewhat trolly.

Also, the following is somewhat wrong:

Hael and Devotary didn't place a second vote. edit: I realize that you mentioned that

Come to think of it, here's the list of players that only voted once: Hael, Devotary, Rath, Cadcom, Kynedath. This to me seems like the place elims would hide. (STINK could also fit in here, since he did end up getting the tuition reduction without committing to much).

Hael has been posting a lot of content, although all of his reads are village/neutral, which isn't helpful. I'm going to wait before voting on him.

I can understand why Rath voted only once on Coda, but that doesn't explain why he didn't use his second vote. Also, I think a lot of Coda's posts have been RP, although not clearly discernible as such. So I question Rath's vote here.

Devotary voted on Bard only at the end of the cycle, and only once. That's pretty suspicious to me.

Cadcom had two votes out, and then place a single vote on Fura. I'm hesitant about this, since in his shoes I would have voted Bard+Fura, to make sure that spreading votes didn't hinder the lynch of Bard, which CadCom claimed to support. 

Kynedath voted on Burnt for hedging about a WGG on Bard. Of course, it's usually impossible to tell if a WGG occurred, and just mentioning it is a good idea so people don't put their trust in the wrong places. So I probably disagree both with this vote, and the fact that it was singular. I'm also disappointed that Kynedath never took a stance on Bard.

In conclusion, I'm happy to vote on Rath, Devotary, Cadcom, or Kynedath, and Devotary is probably the highest suspicion out of those. RP to come later perhaps.

I'd probably be willing to lynch Devotary or Kynedath. I'd have to go back over Cadcom and Rath's posts before I decide about them.

I've thought Kynedath has been going under the radar for a bit now, and I also disagree with his vote on Burnt for the mention of a WGG. I think she would have done that regardless of alignment(hers or Bards).

Devotary, I think I'm partially biased against, because at the moment, I'm fairly trusting of you and Karnage, and that only leaves myself, Green Rover, Coda, Elandera, and Devotary left as Nobles. I've had a mild village read on Elandera since pretty early on, and I think there was some reason I mildly trusted Green Rover, which leaves Devotary and Coda as my top two suspects for Noble Skindancer(s). However, that's sorta class bias, and I think that's a risky reason to actually lynch someone for. Admittedly, I haven't seen anything that makes me think they're village, which I suppose could be said is reason to suspect them. 

So yeah, I think I have more genuine reason to suspect Kynedath as opposed to mostly circumstantial things for Devo. If a lynch on Kynedath doesn't gain traction though, I would be willing to stack my votes on Devotary to protect from Golden Pony+R&L shenanigans if he is a Skindancer. Kynedath Kynedath

1 hour ago, STINK said:

Apologies for basically vanishing yesterday, but now I'm back and I felt bad when I read that :( As part of the 1-elevation-gang, t'would be rude of me to deny you the chance to enter our prestigious ranks :P

Bard is expelled which I guess is coolio if elevating him was bad but uh did anyone actually bother verifying the whole 'was it a WGG' thing'? Or have smarter minds dismissed that as not a viable play for various reasons idk people are getting too many actions now too many 3rd and 2nd level people who can just bop things out probably. 

Maybe I should drop some analysis but I'm not sure who on so maybe I'll roll a dice on it or something

Well Bard has been caught lying 2 Months in a row(assuming Xino is telling the truth, but it would seem very risky for them to be lying about this), so I think the whole WGG thing doesn't have as much impact. I was wary of lynching Bard because I thought the first lie could have possibly been something we overlooked, and if so, we'd just be finishing off someone the elims just sabotaged, but at this point it's looking more and more like it was indeed a WGG. But also, that's why it would be nice to see Bard's alignment. The second linguistics scan does help though, because it would be even riskier for Xino to lie about that one unless they're the only Linguistics person, because someone else could have also realistically used Linguistics Analysis on Bard last Turn as well.

3 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

I would love to have something smart to say, but i am kind of overwhelmed with two games at the same time, so i just RP.

Though the day itself had been boring, the night presented many interesting opportunities.

During the day, everyone was too busy trying to be quiet and serious, they missed the point. they missed the silver lining.

Hmm, speaking about that silver lining...

"Hey, I ask again, for those brave enough!" He whispers as loudly as the scowling faces around him allow, "Who dares break the gloom and has a try at guessing the silver lining?"

That joke was getting old, but he would not give up.

same as he would not give up at seeing those shades up close.

that was exactly the point of his voyage into this dirty and wild word. He seriously hadn't believed any of the rumours, but it was worth a try anyway. he didn't have much else to do those days.

During the night, especially after the two deaths, is when he was most likely to see the nonexisting shades.

So what would he do for the night?

He poked the night watch and spoke to them, which were nearly the same thing.

And when the last night watch came, he claimed it for himself.

Perhaps that had been a bad idea. now he had no one to poke.

So he just looked around the camp. fingering anything interesting he saw amongst the traveler's possessions.

When he got bored with this, he returned most of the objects he had collected into their original places. More or less.

There was still about half of his watch to endure still.

He fingered the big pouch of salt, the only object had not disposed of.

There was still something he could do while he waited.

something nice for the hungry and waking travelers.

The art...

of making horrible porridge.

He looked at the enormous amount of salt contained in the pouch and grinned.

@Lord_Silberfarben, wrong game. :P

---

“I don’t,” said Maern in irritation, moving to the side to try and go around the investigator. “Now, can you please stop bothering me? I have a lot of homework that I need to do. That’s a kind of schoolwork that needs to be done at home. It’s a thing we students do.”

Maern saw by the furious look in the investigator’s eye that he’d struck a nerve. Sour that you’re not smart enough to attend university? he thought, slightly amused. It must be so grating if that was the case- the investigator was obviously a noble, and being shown up by commoners must be almost more than his inflated ego could bear.

“You think you’re so smart,” growled the noble investigator. “I’m just as smart as you, you know. I could attend university if I want. I just don’t want to be pandering to the Masters every second of my life. They have no appreciation...” He started to rant about what was presumably his experience with the University, including targeted insults towards specific Masters. Maern raised an eyebrow. “Sour grapes?” he mumbled.

The noble narrowed his eyes. “What did you say?” he said, interrupting his tirade.

“Never mind,” said Maern. “Nothing.”

––

As I promised, I will analyze the lynch on Bard.

There was a lot of D1 effort to pull information out of people that could be used by Skindancers to remove the biggest early threats. It was all phrased in a way that, at first, passed without much notice.

His information about Bard is very interesting, though. If it did come from a third-party, we can't clear Xino for it. I don't think that third party should step forward, though. They are too important.

I think I'll vote Xino and Bard.

I'll try to keep going through the cycles tonight and get a few more reads down.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:10 AM, Elandera said:

Part of it is the unlimited resources of being in Imre. While they can't take University actions, they can find plenty of ways to spend their time and money. Nobles have an excess of money that could lead to getting bodyguards, assassins, and items at the apothecary. If that happened too early, it could help them control a lot of the game. I believe someone else mentioned a past game where expelled skindancers still wreaked havoc from Imre. 

The timing was rather unfortunate. I had started my analysis and found several odd things about Xino before he ever posted. I was at work, though, so I kept getting interrupted. Xino posted before I finished, so I felt I needed to respond to his claims. I did not have the time or ability to return to analysis, and Bard had few posts D1 and none which stood out to me as suspicious. 

I voted on both because I couldn't ignore my suspicions of Xino, but I also couldn't ignore the claim of a potential lie that could mean Skindancer. I still don't trust Xino, and probably won't until we see Bard's alignment.

Speaking of which, can someone please kill Bard?

Elandera splits her vote between me and Bard. While I might not agree with her analysis of the evidence against me (for obvious reasons) I can't argue that her reasoning for her suspicions is pretty solid given her perspective. This could still have been an attempt by an elim to sway people away from voting on Bard, but I can't find any immediate red flags in her story.

So, Xino's claim of Bard's lie.

To briefly consider whether or not this claim is true - if the linguist is village, then they've no reason to lie. If village!Xino would have no reason to lie of being informed of a lie either. Elim!Xino would be playing a dangerous game to make such a claim - as soon as Bard dies, Xino would be under extreme scrutiny. It's not much better if Xino was informed by an elim - doing so would require Xino to know their identity, and unless they were to take out Xino before Xino shares that identity with someone else, you end in a similar situation. While this probably was in little doubt, I'm happy to trust the Xino's reporting that Bard was scanned to have lied as truthful. I'm also glad to be seeing a proper application of Linguistic Analysis!

Obviously there's then the question of what Bard's lie was. Discounting any lies made in PMs that we're not privy to, the options of the source of the lie are the claim about being unsure of the reason for skindancer kills, or from his RP. Because I feel the RP stuff is borderline, and given we don't really have confirmation of exactly to what degree RP lying would trigger linguistic analyis, I'm going to hedge my bets and just put the one complaint on Bard, because outside of the scan, I'm not sure his actions have warranted the number of votes he's already acrued over the last cycle or so. 

But I really should sleep at this point. 

Haelbarde's single vote is self-admitted hedging- which I find suspicious, given that he seems to agree that it's unlikely that anything in Bard's RP would count as a lie and discounts the lie being anywhere else. He says that Bard doesn't deserve the amount of votes he's received based on reasoning outside the scan, but he doesn't discount the scan either. Unless he meant 'borderline' to mean that he thought the RP stuff could have triggered Linguistic Analysis, which seems quite suspect to me, as all of the cases of a lie that potentially came from Bard's RP wound up being quite flimsy when I actually went back to check on them. It seems like he jumped on this as a reason to hedge without actually investigating it.

@Haelbarde?

That's all for now, more to follow.

Edited by xinoehp512

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

The first part could be a simple question (I recognize people are more open to sharing information than I am), but I also get a bit of a fishing vibe from it. 

**In the next turn, they went back on the statement and said claiming was not a good idea.**

Once I asked this, some people said it would probably be most beneficial for the students if we don't all say what fields we study in, which is why I went to saying we probably shouldn't. 

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

The second part doesn't fully make sense to me. Yes, there's probably a proportional distribution of elims across classes, but why would finding the noble one be more important to start? It comes across as a suggestion to expel nobles first, while saying don't expel nobles unless we know for sure they're skindancers.

The noble skindancer(s) have the most money of all the skindancers, and can devote their coin to getting things like assassins. If we take them out sooner, it's better for us. The problem is that the student nobles are the most helpful for us, for the same reasons as above, so we don't want to just be expelling nobles left and right. Hopefully that makes more sense?

Edited by Experience

Alright, let's get the read list finished and updated.

Spoiler

1. Haelbarde - (Edema Ruh) - Me. A lot of RP, a few general warnings about being careful of sharing information (your data leaks affect everyone). Hasn't posted much during Term 2 - claims to have been busy.
2. Elandera - (Noble) - 1.1 pointed out the importance of not just having votes on Nobles, with the potential for multiple expelled nobles in that situation. Given the last two games (well definitely LG18, but pretty sure it was the case LG33), the skindancers focused first on expelling all students before worring about finishing off either the fields or killing everyone, I'd agree with Elendara's sentiments here. Though I suppose that it just means it's no different to the lynch normally - eliminators are benefited from the village lynching villagers. I'm leaning village on Elendara. I've also enjoyed their RP.
3. Burnt Spaghetti - (Commoner) - Not a fan of grammar and punctuation. A lot of RP, or general rules advice based on previous experience. Did note the value of the Bribe the Messenger ability. Did at least contribute some reads at the start of the cycle. She's always hard to read as anything beyond an agent of chaos who's just here to have fun, but I think she's more likely to be village than not at this stage (though that itself would be grounds for her being a Skindancer if we were playing the Resistance now...) 
4. DeTess - (Commoner) - Insane
5. Elkanah - (Edema Ruh) - Keeping quite active (which is certainly going to be helped from their need for tuition reductions as a Ruh). A lot of rule clarifications, some rule theory crafting that makes me lean a little village, shared a few reads. Still mostly a neutral read - need more data.
6. Straw - (Commoner) - RP, shared stats about previous games and previous cycles, which as Striker noted is a good way of getting overlooked. I probably agree more with them about using votes than I do with DeTess or Araris. Slight village read overall.
7. xinoehp512 - (Commoner) - Noted fairly early about that just one vote on all the nobles wasn't a good idea. Their general tone is of a villager trying to solve the game. I'm not sure a skindancer would have suggested the Linguistics Analysis scan idea, unless they were themselves a Linguist. They're active and engaged in the game. I'm reading village.
8. Lord_Silberfarben - (Commoner) - A bunch of RP, a vote or two on Araris, a retracted vote on Fura. Fura jumped on his post about El'the and skindancers, but by itself I'm not too suspicious. Feels pretty in character for a new player, and also something that if evil a teammate would have advised against saying earlier. Very little to work with here.  
9. Coda - (Noble) - All of 7 posts, which contain RP and poke votes. There's sort of nothing to read here. Another on the list of players to keep an eye on to make sure they don't go under the radar.
10. Karnage - (Noble) - Quite engaged in the game, a lot of RP and seems to be trying to think about the mechanics of the game and how they can be used. Has kept an eye on people's activity. My gut reads them as village for the moment I think.
11. Hemalurgic Headshot - (Noble) - Insane
12. StrikerEZ - (Edema Ruh) - Insane
13. Lumgol - (Noble) - Insane
14. Experience - (Commoner) - Not a lot of posts, a mix of RP and poke votes, but they did mention it'd be worth starting to focus our votes on people near the end of 1.2. They could do with posting more, but I'm happy enough with what's been posted far. Slight village lean.

15. Devotary of Spontaneity - (Noble) - Some maths, some RP, poked Bard to stay active during the early game. Started to be a bit more active lately, with some analysis. Mostly reactive though. 
16. CadCom - (Edema Ruh) - Intermittent activity. Some good posts about keeping focus on the skindancers early game. A brief gut suspicion vote on me, that has yet to be brought back up. Seemed to support the Bard lynch, but puts a single vote on Fura instead. 
17. Sart - (Commoner) - Insane
18. Furamirionind - (Edema Ruh) - Very active, pushing everyone to remain active and engaged as well. While it's something an elim could do, maintaining that level of activity in thread while also contributing to a doc would be challenging I think. I read them village, but I think I'd want them to hang around for a long as possible anyway - particularly as they're not dangerous otherwise (no elevations, and little money).
19. Zillah - (Commoner) - Entirely RP, short of early tuition clarifications. New player. Flying under the radar.
20. Araris Valerian - (Noble) - First to push for meaningful lynches with their votes. As they put it, they're "just doing [their] job of encouraging bloodthirsty lynches". Some analysis of the fallout of the last lynch which was good. Overall neutral read: expulsions are of use to either side, and as they say, bloodthirsty lynches are their thing.
21. Rathmaskal - (Commoner) - 5 posts. Apologises for inactivity, fairly random poke votes. Took issues with Coda's avoiding suspicion. Seemingly unengaged.
22. STINK - (Commoner) - Has been posting, and had a nice analysis post of what Bard had said the previous cycle in regards to possible lies. I routinely find Stink hard to analyse... I'll try come back to him later.
23. Kynedath - (Edema Ruh) - All too much beet RP :ph34r: Has a poke vote, and a vote on Bard for Bard's vote on Lopen. Put a complaint on Burnt for her raising the WGG idea. The RP makes sense for a Ruh trying to keep finances under control, but the activity then obscures the fact they're not contributing much at all. Another in the under the radar/not enough info/category.
24. Walin - (Commoner) - Only a handful posts, almost entirely apologising for not posting much, with a little bit of short RP that I'm not sure would be enough for the tuition reductions. As compared to Kynedath, has less posts, but does at least comment a little on things happening on the given cycle, but doesn't seem to have the time to even RP much. Under the radar.
25. GreenRover - (Noble) - Very few posts, but they seem to be starting to become a little more active? Hopefully they do get some further posts down this cycle and next. Have been under the radar.
26. Young Bard - (Commoner) - Expelled - Based on the follow up Linguistic Analysis, almost certainly evil. 
27. TheMightyLopen - (Noble) - Bah. It's getting late, and I'm finding it hard to focus. They post a decent amount, have been producing game relevant content, participating in votes -initially was helping to spread out votes, but was happy to get on board with consolidating posts. I might have a look at their vote patterns, but that's going to have to happen next cycle (at which point I'll actually get to updating my earlier reads).

I figured I'd try and see what Bard may have lied about, but I'm not sure how productive that was. It'd probably have to be this post if any I think. But it's then a weird situation of Bard potentially lying about what lie he may have said the previous cycle. But I'm still not entirely clear on what the ruling was on if the R&L RP would counted as a lie or not, and I don't have the brain power to work through the logic of that presently.

I'll respond to Xino at this point:

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Haelbarde's single vote is self-admitted hedging- which I find suspicious, given that he seems to agree that it's unlikely that anything in Bard's RP would count as a lie and discounts the lie being anywhere else. He says that Bard doesn't deserve the amount of votes he's received based on reasoning outside the scan, but he doesn't discount the scan either. Unless he meant 'borderline' to mean that he thought the RP stuff could have triggered Linguistic Analysis, which seems quite suspect to me, as all of the cases of a lie that potentially came from Bard's RP wound up being quite flimsy when I actually went back to check on them. It seems like he jumped on this as a reason to hedge without actually investigating it.

The borderline was about the RP potentially triggering LA. Fura asked the GMs about if RP lies could trigger LA, which Araris pointed out Wilson had already confirmed (I then found Wilson's post on it). Stink posted about where the lies could have been, and highlights that Bard RP claims to be doing R&L. As Stink mentions, and based on the previous confirmation of RP lies counting, it meant if we had any info about if he was in R&L, or not, it seemed like it could be something that could activate LA. Bard claimed to not have R&L elevations. If that were the case, given, as I said, I didn't have any existing concerns about Bard at the time, I thought the Bard's RP about doing an R&L exam was something that the GMs would need to make a ruling on - I think I would probably rule that as a lie based on the decision to have RP lies count as lies, but I know that other people would rule differently. I actually thought for some reason that someone had already asked in thread for the GMs to clarify that, but I can see now that that did not happen. I guess I thought Fura's query was asking that or something. 

Dunno. Basically, yes it was specifically whether the GMs would rule the R&L exam comment as an RP claim of studying that field to be a valid lie if Bard hasn't filed EP or gotten elevations in R&L that I thought was borderline - figured it'd be 50:50, but that the GMs weren't likely to get on to clarify it before I'd sleep. I probably should have been clearer on that, but... 2 am is not when I do my best work :P 

Sigh. This has taken overly too long to write.

Vote Count
Elendera(2): Fura{1}, Fura{2}
Fura(2): Lopen{1}, Straw{1}, Straw{2}
Devotary(2): Araris{1}, Araris{2} 
Kynedath(4): Lopen{2}, Lopen{3}, Hael{1}, Hael{2}

So, currently everyone's likely to get 12 DP on average, putting us in range of expulsions, particularly if anyone gets more of the DP than the others. I'd require more convincing on an Elendera or Fura lynch. I'd be happy enough with complaints on Devotary, Cadcom, or Kynedath as fairly low activity players who could be posting more. Because I'd rather see encourage Devotary to post a bit more, I'd probably opt then to put complaints down on Kynedath (Kynedath) given their name is down already, unlike CadCom. 

And I think I'm going to have to leave it there. If I head off now, there's a chance I'll be able to get enough sleep to be awake for the last 30-60 minutes of cycle to react to anything and change my votes if anything new happens in the next 6 hours.

(Sorry @Burnt Spaghetti - won't be able to respond to the RP this cycle. If it doesn't get progressed this cycle, maybe we can flash back next cycle)

Edited by Haelbarde
Added my own votes to the vote count

The noble narrowed his eyes. “What did you say?” he said, interrupting his tirade.

“Never mind,” said Maern. “Nothing.”

The noble sniffed and continued with what he was saying. “But of course, nobody believed me…”

Maern listened with detached interest. Reading between the lines, it would seem that this noble had originally been a student at the University but his stuck-up attitude, extreme arrogance, and overall general laziness, combined with a few ‘incidents’, had fed up the Masters so much that they’d raised his tuition to far more than he’d originally been expecting to pay. His parents- which apparently were as fed up with his attitude as the Masters were- flatly refused to pay his tuition themselves. Even worse, to him, they’d told him that they would stop giving him money at all if he decided to give up on school. Torn between the horror of losing his lavish lifestyle and being forced to take up a common job, he’d managed to finagle his way into the captain position of the investigative squad.

In his own words he sounded like a misunderstood and mistreated hero, but Maern knew better. Was this really the kind of people they put in charge of catching literal demons? Maybe he really did have a chance compared to them

----

7) Post this cycle by DeTess, since I'm just doing my job of encouraging bloodthirsty lynches, which I do every game, regardless of alignment

Araris

I really like Araris' encouragement of swapping to a proper lynch. I don't believe that this change was in the favor of the skindancers, so I can't see skindancer!araris making that push.

And another thing: It seems to me that an elim would be relatively more likely to be elevated than a villager, since the elims can coordinate their EP to not compete with each other. That supports the possibility of Bard being an elim. Based on this, and #7 of the above, I'll put my complaints on Bard (El'the) and DeTess (Re'lar) for now.

Araris gives one of his votes to Bard and the other to DeTess for reading his aggressiveness as village.  For how concerned Araris is about people who only voted once in total, I find it odd that his own second vote would be on what seems like a pretty NAI thing to me. However, he does provide more reasoning to encourage a vote on Bard, which is not what I would expect an elim to do in this situation.

@Araris Valerian?

On 5/9/2020 at 0:17 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Now, it's possible that I may have overlooked something in his posts in the last turn, but it seems that the only lie that he could have told was this one.

Linguistic analysis covers all the posts made in a turn, and any PMs. Do you have or intercept any PMs with Bard in turn 2.2?

Did Nethwyl set the fires? Who knows? Tune in next week to find out!

Could be a lie if Bard specifically told the GMs whether or not Nethwyl set the fires, which was presumably not the case. Other than the unlikely lies of not realising it was May, and claiming copper chloride turns flames blue when it's specifically copper(I) chloride that does so, other potential lies would be the reads list.

OK, I haven't found anyone I'm kind of suspicious of yet. But I do have a few people that I'm not suspicious of, I think? So I'll start by listing those people, I guess.

Xino - they've been posting more than usual, and I've generally gotten a very village read from their posts, like they're not as concerned about how their posts are seen like I'd expect an Elim to be.
Karnage - new player, seems like he wants to jump in and be supportive of the village effort. I read him as genuinely trying to figure things out.
Straw - this is going to be a controversial one, but in it's own strange way, I feel like a Skindancer Straw might not want to draw attention to themselves by continuing to support the spreading the votes out strategy after Araris disagreed with him over it - the fact he's held to that makes me think he is a villager just with a particular view on the most effective way to play the game - I don't agree, but I don't think he's a Skindancer for saying so.

I suppose, in the absence of anyone else, I'll put a vote on [Lopen].

Lying about reads and/or an opinion on spreading out votes is almost as suspicious as lying about being surprised with the sabotage target though.

On 5/9/2020 at 0:42 PM, STINK said:

Starting to feel that no one read my post NGL fellas

If Bard put any EP in R&L it would definitely not be a lie for Nethwyl to have taken an exam in the subject. If he didn't put any EP in, it would be GM discretion I think, since he never claimed to have put in EP.

I don't think I would say 

But I do have a few people that I'm not suspicious of, I think? So I'll start by listing those people, I guess.

precludes the possibility of there being more unsuspicious people, but I could see why it might have been marked as a lie.

On 5/9/2020 at 0:15 PM, CadCom said:

I think Bard gas more than enough votes. If votes did reveal alignment I would keep my vote on him, but since they don't, we are potentially condemning an innocent man to expulsion with no way of revealing his alignment, making the information gathered minimal. At this point, I'd feel more comfortable making it so he loses actions as that would still hurt the elim team without hurting village in the long run. 

Expulsion barely hurts village!Bard, since he's already an El'the and it would take at least five turns to become a Master, assuming he's staying at the Windy Tower. Abilities will be less useful, but that's the case for role blocks as well.The elims are unlikely to sabotage village!Bard at this point in the hopes that he gets killed by a student. Expelling Skindancer!Bard contributes to the win condition, but leaves him free to do things. A role block followed by a kill could be helpful, though with five DP currently there's still a good chance for no charges/apology. One more vote on Bard makes it very likely to get into at least the 8-10 DP range.

Devotary posted once a half hour after my post. In this post he seems to trust my claim that Bard was lying, but wanted to know if there was anything else that might have triggered it besides the one that condemned Bard as elim. This seems fairly NAI to me. He posted again about a half hour after that post, after many people had gotten the chance to put votes on Bard, concluding that he was indeed likely elim and should be expelled. This seems like a reasonable play for a cautious villager, even if it could also be interpreted as an elim waiting until the lynch was inevitable to throw support on it. Doubling up the vote would have made me lean more towards the village side. As it stands... I think that I could believe that village!Devotary thought a single vote was best, but I'm not yet sure I should.

More to come later, along with votes.

3 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

huh

wrong chat lol

sorry i am innactive, but i am a bit overwhelmed

You've been one of the few people posting the majority of the turn. Don't worry about it. : P

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

That's what I'm saying - I think Araris is clever enough to think through his posts enough to post something like that as an elim. You say you don't see a reason for an elim to post something like that, but isn't that a reason? Literally what elims should be trying to do is posting things that make the most sense from a village perspective.

I mean, I understand that, and agree. Just something I try to keep my eye out for are little things that I think would be unlikely for an elim to think of saying, even while trying to come across as cleared. So while I agree, this is just something I find unlikely to be coming from an elim. That paired with his drive for more village info and how we have very similar reads, Marking him as anything other than village (for me) would be outrageous. Though I'm not advocating others share my read, like I will sometimes do. So take that as you will.

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

(I will say I do feel bad voting for Ruh, so I'm trying to be careful in that regard. I did put a few contracts up to try and help them though, so maybe that would make up for a vote? :P)

17 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, I might not be attending the University next term either... So \shurg (Awww, I just reminded myself Araris isn't in this game, and I'm sad now :'(  )

16 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

While I can see your point, and I think a villager would very possibly have this perspective, I don't see it as excusable. We all have two votes. How we use these votes are going to be the main way we analyse this game. By only using one of these votes, people are denying the village information on people's stances on the lynches. Double voting on someone, shows far more willingness to let that person take consequences than single-voting. For instance, perhaps Walin comes online afterwards and decides to put a single vote on Bard and a single vote on me. Now we are back to an odd number of votes on Bard, which would have been even if someone who didn't use their second vote had double voted. Or what if people suddenly left Bard's wagon to hammer someone else? We don't know how many people would leave.

It would be more suspicious for someone to change an even number of votes to an odd number than vice versa, but I do see your point that it would have been better to put on the second vote just in case. I'll be double voting this cycle, for quite possibly the last time before being expelled.

2 hours ago, Experience said:

The noble skindancer(s) have the most money of all the skindancers, and can devote their coin to getting things like assassins. If we take them out sooner, it's better for us. The problem is that the student nobles are the most helpful for us, for the same reasons as above, so we don't want to just be expelling nobles left and right. Hopefully that makes more sense?

Neither noble skindancers nor noble students are particularly effective, since they can only target other expelled students or people in Imre. The first isn't a concern now but will become one later, while the other is pure luck. 

I think I would vote on Elandera over Fura, mostly based on vote patterns and her spreading out votes. @Elandera, are you in favour of targeted expulsion knowing that expelled students can only stay in Imre once without staying at the Grey Man? If Bard is evil, especially if there's an elim Physiker, CadCom advocating for a role block instead of an expulsion is more suspicious. That seems like something for a future turn, except possibly enough people drop out of lynch contention to make adding another player worthwhile. I don't currently have an opinion on Kynedath, but I'll see what I can find.

My apologies for being really inactive these past few terms. I’ll try to get some analysis in throughout the day.

I medium trust Karnage because of their explanation behind the reasons the rooms went for DeTess. I don’t think they’d do that as an elim themselves. More analysis later

Edited by GreenRover
Okay, I got back online after 4 hours, skimmed all the posts but didn’t see mine so assumed it hadn’t sent. Sorry about that.

39 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

and how we have very similar reads, Marking him as anything other than village (for me) would be outrageous.

Do you know how much this tempted me to make like a really big detailed analysis post and then just summarise it with every read of yours I could find and make all my analysis for naught?

25 minutes ago, STINK said:

Do you know how much this tempted me to make like a really big detailed analysis post and then just summarise it with every read of yours I could find and make all my analysis for naught?

sigh

It would have been funny though. : P

Edit:

Oh no, I completely forgot about my apology... Well, I've already spent too much time on SE this morning, but I'll try to do my homework quick so I can get it in on time... : /

Edited by Furamirionind
spelling

As Straw listened to Bryn and Seorass talking, he picked up some of the context of the current conversation. Bryn had apparently gotten ink in her hair and was looking to get it out. They seemed to think that Alchemy, Artificery, or the Medica would be the best ways to get it out. Straw agreed about Alchemy and the Medica, but Artificery didn't seem very well suited to getting ink out of hair. They tended to be less flexible than the other fields, even if they could sometimes produce powerful defensive items. Alchemy seemed like a dangerous option but was the one that had the greatest chance of solving the problem. The Medica probably wouldn't be happy if Bryn showed up with such a trivial problem, and they might just turn her away. Maybe someone in Imre might have the answer?

What about the other fields? Linguistics, Rhetoric and Logic, and Arithmetics probably wouldn't do anything. Naming would most likely be useless as well since while it was powerful, it had little flexibility outside of the elements that the namer controlled. Perhaps the Archives could help? They certainly dealt with books enough that they probably knew how to get ink out of things. Sympathy was another possibility, but that would depend on whether the ink could be bound separately from the hair itself.

The noble had been going for at least a minute now and showed no signs of stopping, so Maern interrupted him. “Yes, I’m sure,” he said, unable to keep all traces of boredom from his voice. “But if you would excuse me,” he said, edging backwards, “I really do need to go home, work on homework and stuff.” The investigator paused with a dazed frown, like someone coming out of a trance, and made no move to stop him. Good, thought Maern. He’s expended all his energy on his rant. 

Something in him twitched at the thought of just walking away from the man’s insults, and he was unable to resist throwing a parting shot over his shoulder. “I wouldn’t want to wind up like you, now, would I?”

At that, the noble investigator’s face turned bright red in anger. “Don’t you walk away!” he snarled, reaching out an arm to grab Maern’s. Maern swatted it away with his own hand, moving quickly at a brisk walk away from the man. He really shouldn’t have gotten mixed up with that man, as satisfying as it might have been. He was a noble and an investigator after all. He had power and authority. He been lucky that the man hadn’t-

“Hey!” bellowed the man. “Stop that man! He assaulted me!”

Maern let out a groan as investigators being chasing after him. Of course he would do that. Of course.

Now that I'm finished analyzing the people who posted only one vote on Bard, I'll analyze the people who posted after me but didn't vote on him.

Holy moly! so so much to go through! Three whole pages of content. From what I am gathering, I think that @Lord_Silberfarben has some great points concerning Detess and Fura, although I'll have to go back and look at those instances more closely to see if they're completely accurate or if I'm misreading something or looking at the wrong posts. I'll hold off on voting on them for now.

So with Bard surviving an attack I'm interested in the possibility of a WGG. Although Burnt pointing it out like they did also feels a bit suspicious to me. It felt like they were trying to throw the discussion into chaos, I couldn't tell if they were trying to say that it was likely a WGG or if it was likely not. That looks like staying on the fence and that post stood out to me. So Burnt for that one.

Kynedath posted this relatively soon after my post, then didn't post again for the rest of the cycle. He hasn't posted this cycle, either- not about last cycle, and not about the lynch that's formed on him since. The reference to an overload makes me wonder if he even saw my post. @Kynedath

Ah, this is what I was kind of wary of happening. You're using our RP clashing as a reason to vote, which I see as basically an excuse not to give a vote based on suspicion. Honestly, I wouldn't mind you voting on me except that you've literally said you're only voting because I accidentally caused the lashings on you. >> You're now also looking to get justification from people in thread for your votes, which is another thing that doesn't sit right with me. Coda

I've looked over Bard's posts, but don't see any other obvious statement that he would have lied about that would be an innocent lie. I'm content with putting my second vote on him unless something new comes up(and might move my first one as well if needed). I also agree with Araris that him already reaching El'the could be another sign that he's a Skindancer. I remember in LG18 I was suspicious of one of the Skindancers partially for that very reason(they were an early El'the in a field that wasn't being studied much...I think it was Alchemy?). I don't remember how it was in LG33, but it makes sense that if they're coordinating their EP into separate fields they'll have a high chance of elevating faster in a specific field than the village. Bard

I will say this. If there's no new information that clears Bard to some extent, I think we should actually try to kill him rather than just expelling him. For one, if it was a Skindancer Physicker that used Cheating Death on him, they'll be "exhuasted" where they won't be able to do so this Month, meaning this might be our best chance at actually killing him. Another thing that would help is getting absolute confirmation of his alignment. I'm always wary of trickery until I actually see the GM(s) post that red text. Bard, if this is just some mix up and we missed something obvious, sorry for being so bloodthirsty. I just would really like to see some alignments at this point. :P

This really bothers me...feels like Coda knows Bards innocent. Bard Coda I'd prefer to wait and see if we get some confirmation about whether Bard's lie could have been from his RP or reads list thing, but I have to sleep now. I really should not be awake right now. :P

You know what really bothers me? Lopen's quick switch in opinions. In the first post he's suggesting that we kill Bard, but doesn't even place his second vote on him- only his first.  He says that he's willing to place his second vote on Bard, too, if suspicion remains on him. But after six more votes fall on Bard, he suddenly takes objection to Coda's votes and moves both of his votes to them instead. He tops it all off by implying that Bard might not be evil after all.

Anyway, back to focusing on actual events. When I first saw Bard's survival I didnt know what to think, but the first thing that came to mind was a WGG. Then using the wonderful power of confirmation bias, bards post where he attempted to explain his survival made me more suspicious this may change, but for now, I will put one vote on Bard and to hopefully motivate me to return later to take a closer look, I'll put my other vote on myself CadCom and remove it later once I've had time to reevaluate that first vote. 

cadCom, Bard

I think Bard gas more than enough votes. If votes did reveal alignment I would keep my vote on him, but since they don't, we are potentially condemning an innocent man to expulsion with no way of revealing his alignment, making the information gathered minimal. At this point, I'd feel more comfortable making it so he loses actions as that would still hurt the elim team without hurting village in the long run. 

I would still like to vote though, can I get an official vote count @Elbereth @little wilson

Hmmm. After rereading about expulsion it isnt really as bad as I thought. But what it does do is gives the elims a target to kill instead of just making someone go insane. But they could also try killing the people that have gone insane, so it seems like they are going for a different strategy than that. So I guess I understand that since they're Elthe, they would be fine. There would be less people that they can target, at least for a few rounds, but that isnt too bad. So I guess I dont hate the idea of expelling someone. 

However, with 14 votes(at last count) and a pretty high chance of them receiving more votes from the NPC masters, I'd say theres a pretty good chance they're going to be expelled, so I'll look elsewhere. 

I've had a small suspicion of Fura for a few turns. But havent acted on it yet, but I'll do that now fura I dont have a ton of time to quantify that suspicion at this point, so I'll leave it just there for now, and try to come back to this. 

And I'm debating between voting for someone who already has votes to make things happen and placing a vote on Straw, which is who my original vote was for last cycle. Something still bothers me about him wanting to spread out the votes. For now, I think I'll leave it and see if I have any more time to put another vote down for someone else. 

CadCom actually put his vote on Bard before I posted my thing, which would be a point in his favor... except that he immediately retracted it when he realized that Bard had gone up for the lynch. Even after he reads about expulsion and changes his mind about what fate he thinks Bard deserves, he's still unwilling to vote on him. Overall, he may be the most suspicious person I've analyzed so far.

(Gah, I have to go now. Luckily, I'm over two hundred words. Vote next time, I promise!)

3 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I think I would vote on Elandera over Fura, mostly based on vote patterns and her spreading out votes. @Elandera, are you in favour of targeted expulsion knowing that expelled students can only stay in Imre once without staying at the Grey Man? If Bard is evil, especially if there's an elim Physiker, CadCom advocating for a role block instead of an expulsion is more suspicious.

Staying at the Grey Man won't be much of a problem for most students. Only Vintish noblemen and Edema Ruh might struggle. Granted, most wouldn't be much of a threat, either. Aturan nobles would be the biggest problem.

That said, I do think we should try for expulsion if enough people are suspicious. The roleblock is a good fallback in the case of unfavorable RNG or if we are suspicious of a few people. 

Ugfal the Three-Handed was drinking and thinking about how on earth he would manage to get 200 words, but he didn't actually know what words were or wait a minute he did know. Okay let me as the narrator restart that bit. Ugfal knew what words were, but not why 200 of them had to be used in a description about him? Surely 200 was not enough to describe his pure sense of gravitas (almost like Caesar but he doesn't know who that is) or his amazing sense of writing (Shakespeare anyone?) but maybe his imaginary audience (remember the imaginary third hand, he's very good at this sort of thing) would know what's going on or how to read the three different brackets wow.

Ugfal hopes that if enough sentences feature his name it counts as RP, and will someone please make a scenario that isn't awkward for Ugfal to be featured in? The burning of whatever or whoever was something he just couldn't comfortably deal with ever since The Incident(TM but I can't figure out how to do that subscript) and yeah that's dramatic and all surely.

Maybe a fellow drinking session with some comrades, after all this is a University is it not? Anyone down for that as I within my RP as Ugfal propose RP with other people?

I dunno guys, I'm sorry for not posting as much, I've been really busy. I haven't really been paying attention so if only for the tuition reduction I am going top of Kynedath Kynedath just to firm up the vote count with the majority on them.

Edited by Karnage

Oh wait, is it still this? (ninja'd Karn, edited into votecount)

Vote Count
Fura(2): Lopen{1}, Straw{1}, Straw{2}
Kynedath(4): Lopen{2}, Lopen{3}, Hael{1}, Hael{2}, Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}

In that case, I'm going to @Straw as I'm a little sour he is still voting on me. There is also a possibility of all four of us getting expelled, which I'm not super fond of... But it does say a lot about the people voting and being voted on. For instance, the elims don't want to get expelled, so the fact that no one is spreading out the votes would imply the elims aren't (too) scared of getting expelled. Anywhere between 1-5 people up for the lynch, all those being voted on (if my math is right) have a very good chance of getting expelled. If the elims don't think they can make people move their votes, then they would spread them out.

I don't really want Elandera expelled unless we have a conversation about her. CadCom on the other hand, I'll be fine with getting expelled regardless.

Elandera Elandera

CadCom CadCom

Edit:

Vote Count
CadCom(2): Fura{3}, Fura{4}
Kynedath(4): Lopen{2}, Lopen{3}, Hael{1}, Hael{2}, Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}

Edit again:
I did a reread of many of my previous games last night, and I'd like to point out to Straw that you apparently just have an issue with my play-style in general. 

Edit Again 
I just realized the elims wouldn't be scared if they have vote manip. I'm now pretty sure they have that.
My guess would then be that since this is the first cycle votes aren't being spread out and there hasn't been much discussion, one of the people elevated this turn is an elim and just got vote manip. 

Seoras (Haelbarde), Kendel (Elkanah), Maern (Xino), Catalan (Coda), Lasko Veitch (Karnage), Amila Tays (Zillah), Arael Solon (Araris), Lin Wa (Walin), Leo (Lopen).

Is this a bit of a stretch? yes. But I'm bored.

Edited by Furamirionind

19 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

You know what really bothers me? Lopen's quick switch in opinions. In the first post he's suggesting that we kill Bard, but doesn't even place his second vote on him- only his first.  He says that he's willing to place his second vote on Bard, too, if suspicion remains on him. But after six more votes fall on Bard, he suddenly takes objection to Coda's votes and moves both of his votes to them instead. He tops it all off by implying that Bard might not be evil after all.

Figured someone would bring this up. >> It was probably a mistake to switch my vote at that point, but I was feeling paranoid about all of the votes on Bard and whether or not it was a WGG. I can be very tinfoil-y, especially when I haven't slept for a long while like I had when I made that post. I'll admit it doesn't look particularly good if Bard really is evil, but I guess my only defense is that I'd like to think I'd be more careful with flip-flopping like that if I was an elim. :P

I do wish Kynedath would show up. I never like to lynch someone who hasn't had a chance to respond, but at this point I still feel he's the best target out of everyone who's been brought up.

10 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

For instance, the elims don't want to get expelled, so the fact that no one is spreading out the votes would imply the elims aren't (too) scared of getting expelled.

I keep trying to highlight stuff I feel is kinda something that the elims will easily exploit but this one is something that they've probably already exploited tbh

11 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I just realized the elims wouldn't be scared if they have vote manip. I'm now pretty sure they have that.
My guess would then be that since this is the first cycle votes aren't being spread out and there hasn't been much discussion, one of the people elevated this turn is an elim and just got vote manip. 

Nobody has voted four times yet, and the other two R&L powers read like they target a single complaint rather than a single player. Putting multiple votes on someone should be enough to put them up for punishment consideration, though Persuasive Arguments could make it less likely that any particular player is severely punished. I guess we'll know whether that happened if someone who didn't get any votes goes On The Horns.

I'll put two votes on CadCom, CadCom, in case you're right about the limited votes meaning the elims aren't worried about one of their own being expelled. I guess it could be you trying to protect a teammate, but that would mostly make sense if you were on a team with Elandera and be fairly unhelpful otherwise, especially as you are up for expulsion/severe roleblock.

Kynedath(6): Lopen{2}, Lopen{3}, Hael{1}, Hael{2}, Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}
CadCom(4): Fura{3}, Fura{4}, Devotary{1}, Devotary{2}

Maern didn’t resist as the investigators took him. What would be the point? Struggling would only get him in even more trouble. Not that he should be in any trouble at all in the first place- the noble investigator who had been bothering him had had no right, really. But, as it turned out, he was more than just an investigator; he was a captain of an entire squad. And of course, there was the fact that he was a noble- likely his word would be worth more than Maern’s to many of the Masters. 

The investigators marched him to the head offices of the University, where the Masters and the head investigator worked. The captain halted at the door, speaking to one of the attendants. Maern could only catch brief segments of the conversation. ...archive fire… assaulted me… working with that girl…

Maern could help raising his eyebrows in surprise when he heard that one. Working with Nethwyl? Where had he gotten that idea? Sounds like he’s making stuff up to incriminate me, he thought. He wasn’t sure how to feel about that. On the one hand, it was hardly a good thing that he was going to be accused of being an accomplice to the fire- if he got convicted of that, it was likely he’d never get to visit the Archives again, if they didn’t kick him out of the University altogether. On the other hand, surely the Masters would see how ridiculous the captain’s case was once he explained it to them.

Right?

----

Alright, here we go.

Guess it's time to look back at Bard's posts with a very fine comb eh? Though I'm kinda late to that since I finally got a good nights sleep (but then it lasted 12 hours so was it really that good? Idk how sleep works) but before I do that just a quick thing I noticed while reading the thread that I wanted to comment on but forgot to hit quote on.

'Twas something along the lines of 'I'm glad people are analysing older cycles for why's and the how's etc etc' sorry if I didn't get it right exactly but you get the gist and hopefully you all know the post I'm on about because you are all reading this thread as well right? Anyways, I would actually kinda disagree with this. If anything, now that I think about it I'd kinda be disinclined to trust people doing this. Since really Term 1 didn't really have anything happen in it right? It's similar to an extended D1-Lynch in that most people are just trying to unlock some actions to start doing stuff and the RP was there for tuition reduction. I wouldn't get anything of worth from it and sure I could probably look at it and start doing word volleys at people that sounds rational with this and that but realistically it'd be making a mountain out of a tiny little bump in the game's history. Gotta look at the more recent stuff imo. Anyways that's actual game talk from Stink whoa something must be going on. To Bard!

Luckily there's only 3 posts to look through with the hyper-focus of the Xino said he's lying (interesting to me that I saw no-one bringing up that maybe Xino is the one lying in this 'he-said-she-said' but who am I to say) and I'll try to ignore the fluff that the GM's hopefully ignored like where he says he forgot it was May and maybe he didn't and it's a big conspiracy etc etc :P

Bard First Post: Yeah looks like this is the thing that set everyone off and can't say I disagree tbh, only other option really is if he was secretly in PMs panicking about the insanity being not Skindancers but thats like a 0.001% chance and no-ones confirmed that happening so gotta go with the other option. That's probability, y'all

Bard Second Post: Claims in RP to be doing Rhetoric and Logic. With the whole RP being lies counting thing, could be that which set it off unless anyone can confirm that he is in fact doing Rhetoric and Logic. If not, that's a second option and all that I could really see from this.

Bard Third Post: Again, an option is always that his reads in thread are different from his PM ones in which case thats a lie, but would need someone to confirm that. Purely thread-wise, could be the part where he's not suspicious of anyone yet where if I was a GM reading that in the 4th month, I'd be really tempted to say that as a lie if they weren't inactive cause surely everyone has suspicions by now right? But that could also be a PM thing which makes it hard to know, Bard could have PM'd someone saying they really don't like X and then in thread don't bring up X and bam now he's lying in thread.

So TL;DR (even though it's not that long):

1. First Post lying means basically skindancer.

2. Second Post lying means not doing R&L despite claiming to.

3.Third Post lying means his public reads are different from private reads.

In terms of what I think happened here? I'm tempted to say it's just the second post that got him in, cause unless anyone's publicly claimed where they are going yet then everyone is gonna be lying about that when it's hinted at in thread. Unless I've missed something and Xino gets specifically pointed at the post/PM(?) where the target was lying. 

Wow this post has gotten long I just wanted to flex my brain but yeah enjoy that word volley peeps I'm gonna drink some tea which is a stereotype but it's true.

And I wanted to RP smh

In this post, Stink not only refrains from voting on Bard, but actively works against the lynch on him, bringing up the reference to the R&L exam as a potential other option for where the lie could have occured. Haelbarde apparently was convinced by this, as indicated by his post this turn:

4 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

The borderline was about the RP potentially triggering LA. Fura asked the GMs about if RP lies could trigger LA, which Araris pointed out Wilson had already confirmed (I then found Wilson's post on it). Stink posted about where the lies could have been, and highlights that Bard RP claims to be doing R&L. As Stink mentions, and based on the previous confirmation of RP lies counting, it meant if we had any info about if he was in R&L, or not, it seemed like it could be something that could activate LA. Bard claimed to not have R&L elevations. If that were the case, given, as I said, I didn't have any existing concerns about Bard at the time, I thought the Bard's RP about doing an R&L exam was something that the GMs would need to make a ruling on - I think I would probably rule that as a lie based on the decision to have RP lies count as lies, but I know that other people would rule differently. I actually thought for some reason that someone had already asked in thread for the GMs to clarify that, but I can see now that that did not happen. I guess I thought Fura's query was asking that or something. 

Dunno. Basically, yes it was specifically whether the GMs would rule the R&L exam comment as an RP claim of studying that field to be a valid lie if Bard hasn't filed EP or gotten elevations in R&L that I thought was borderline - figured it'd be 50:50, but that the GMs weren't likely to get on to clarify it before I'd sleep. I probably should have been clearer on that, but... 2 am is not when I do my best work :P 

Looking back at the post, this is what I find:

It was a week later, as she was exiting the exam hall after a truly awful midterm exam in Rhetoric & Logic, when she heard a couple of the other University students gossiping. Vol's name came up, and, without really meaning to, Nethwyl drifted closer to listen in on the conversation.

This to me does not feel anything like a statement that would trigger Linguistic Analysis. It's an offhand comment, first of all- only really there for flavor. In addition, anyone might take a R&L exam, whether or not the player RP'ing them put any EP into the subject- EP is meant to represent extra effort put into a specific subject. We have creative freedom over our RP characters- the GM can't say that anything that we declare about our characters is false unless we're also saying it as a fact about ourselves. I have trouble imagining anyone reading this and thinking that there was any chance this would get counted as a lie, let alone a 50:50 like Haelbarde seems to suggest.

(Sorry if this sounds overly harsh- as an RP'er on SE, I have opinions on how much creative freedom should be allowed/expected.)

Finally, to top it all off, Stink posts this:

Starting to feel that no one read my post NGL fellas

Just a little thing, but it cements my opinion that he was intentionally putting in effort to take down the lynch. Stink. Stink. I only regret not posting this earlier in the cycle- it's probably too late for a lynch train to form on him now. If other people vote on one of my other suspicions, I'll probably have to go with them instead.

33 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

@little wilson @Elbereth Would it be possible to get a vote count? Being color blind sucks. >>

As far as I can tell, Devotary's count is accurate. I'm on mobile and the sheet crashed on my phone so I can't pull an official one from the sheet but count that. Plus Xino's 2 votes for Stink.