Guest Coda

It is with a heavy heart that I accept my fate as a target of suspicion. Surely avoiding getting lynched by a jury of your peers is an admirable goal for any individual, regardless of alignment? Is it not true that none among us wish to be expelled from the great halls of learning that surround us? Alas, my feeble attempts to stay safe, sane, and secure have caused my failure. Farewell, University! Your doors of stone have not been welcoming, but I kept coming back nonetheless. May we meet again on distant shores, some place fine and far from here.

4 hours ago, Coda said:

Fellow students, are we actually trying to expel people? If so, I would be happy to place both of my votes on Lopen. Someone answer this question please. If this was already answered, my apologies for poor skimming.

Good question. The answer I provide is: "I think so?" The pragmatist in me says we still just need to expel everyone and then kill whoever is left at the school. That way we ensure that the skin dancers are killed or expelled and part of the village is still alive. Even so, it hurts my soul to vote for people I do not suspect to try to remove them from the game. Someone made a good point to me about why this plan is flawed, but I do not remember what it was. Oh, right. When we are expelled, we lose the ability to target current students at the university. Which is a solid point. Cycle one I advocated for expelling all the nobles so they could use their money in Imre, but I realized the Vintish Nobles ended up losing more money than they saved because their family is paying for school anyway and they can recoup money from tuition by posting.

All that to get back to where I was before this post. I think we are trying to expel people?

The more important information comes not from expelling someone, but from who is voting for whom and for what reason... which we get without actually expelling someone. Except the information is less when we do not actually intend to expel them. 

So yes. We want to expel someone, but if no one gets expelled we will not be disappointed?

I don't know. Someone else think for a minute. I need a break.

Huh, interesting that Bard was attacked but survived. I could see it being a WGG. Hmm... does attacked == sabotaged, or would there be a different notation for that? There's a reasonable chance that Striker went insane from the Mews. 10% is not insignificant.

20 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

You are assuming that these people are good and not skindancers. If this was anything other than your first game, this would probably singlehandedly make you my highest suspicion. That being said, as it's your first game, it just puts you on my suspicion list...
And... Hopefully you wont mind holding on to these votes for a little while? =)

Lord_Silberfarben Lord_Silberfarben 

He said nothing of the sort, which makes me slightly suspicious of you. He just said that we have two El'the, and it'd be very good if they aren't Skindancers. In my opinion, we should be happy about elevations in general, since they benefit the village more than they benefit the Skindancers. However, we should be suspicious of everyone, regardless of elevation. Furamirionind, I'm curious as to why you parsed it as an assumption that they weren't Skindancers.

On a slightly related note, I'm going to guess that the two El'the were either investing fully in fields that other people didn't really go into, or that they were spreading out their EP each turn. I'm also going to guess that they started at the Windy Tower, and thus had an advantage over other students.

3 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

Ummm, Coda...this seems like an odd statement.  Maybe it's just some rough wording, but I've never thought of 'avoiding suspicion' as a villager goal.

Personally, I think that avoiding suspicion is fairly NAI. No one really wants to get lynched, regardless of alignment.

2 hours ago, Coda said:

It is with a heavy heart that I accept my fate as a target of suspicion. Surely avoiding getting lynched by a jury of your peers is an admirable goal for any individual, regardless of alignment? Is it not true that none among us wish to be expelled from the great halls of learning that surround us? Alas, my feeble attempts to stay safe, sane, and secure have caused my failure. Farewell, University! Your doors of stone have not been welcoming, but I kept coming back nonetheless. May we meet again on distant shores, some place fine and far from here.

Acting like this annoys me greatly. If you don't want to be lynched, argue against it. Maybe that'd convince people to not vote on you.

Vote Count:

Coda (3): DeTess, DeTess, Rathmaskal

Lord_Silberfarben (2): Furamirionind, Furamirionind

Araris Valerian (2): Karnage, Karnage

Elkanah (2): Young Bard, Young Bard

CadCom (1): CadCom

Young Bard (1): CadCom

Furamirionind (1): Straw

Can anyone else confirm if my vote count is correct?

Edited by Straw

Maern strode quickly across the university grounds, mumbling darkly to himself. He’d gone to the investigators figuring that getting information from them would be difficult; he hadn’t expected for it to be completely impossible Apparently the seemingly record-setting passive-aggressiveness of the last set of investigators he’d encountered was downright minimal when compared to others of their occupation. Why, they were even worse than the Archives keepers when you had to explain why you hadn’t returned your books on time!

He knew that, logically speaking, if the skindancers were caught at all it would probably be by the people whose job it was to look for them, but for a moment he indulged himself in a fantasy where (using crack investigative skills) he caught the skindancers red-handed right under their smug, arrogant, and predominantly noble noses.

He was smiling to himself at the imaginary looks of complete and utter bewildermint on their faces when the snowball smacked right into the side of his face. Completely taken by surprise, he took a misstep off the paved path and faceplanted directly into a snow bank.

Sputtering and irritated, he pushed himself to his feet. “Hey!” he called out in annoyance. “What was that for?”

-----

In lieu of Bard... @Elkanah @Experience and I think @Haelbarde

My brain is feeling absolutely dead right now. >.< Nonetheless, I've practically promised to get some analysis out, so I shall!

I've noticed that people have begun to start analysis of earlier cycles than the last, looking more carefully into the whys and wherefores. I wholeheartedly approve, although I'm feeling a little too brain dead to do that myself. :P In lieu of any better ideas, I think I might as well just pick up where I left off last cycle analyzing votes.

I'll start with continuing the chain of votes on Lopen, one of the players tied for the most votes.

I'll limit my voting to the people who already have votes, but I will split them up. The first will go to Lopen, purely because they currently have the most, as per last count at least, even though I'm not a huge fan of that vote, and may change it if I have time to get on later and see other people have more votes. 

Cadcom never did wind up moving his vote off of Lopen. I find the open bandwagonyness of this vote interesting. I'm not sure if this adds up to suspicion or not; I'll check back on this once my brain is sane again.

I suppose, in the absence of anyone else, I'll put a vote on Lopen.

This is the only vote that Bard casts this turn, fitting with his pattern of inactivity up to this point. This seems to have changed in the current cycle, which is good to see, but it doesn't help my suspicions that they had to be basically forced into doing it.

I was going to go into more detail, but I've been ninja'd a couple times and I might as well respond.

7 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

So yes. We want to expel someone, but if no one gets expelled we will not be disappointed?

I don't know. Someone else think for a minute. I need a break.

I feel you, Elkanah. :P I think that we ought to aim to get our targets to the point where they have a decent chance of being expelled. I think that if we set off with that goal in mind then skindancers will be less willing to bus their teammates, and we should get more out of each person's votes.

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

Kendel watched Shard hurry off between two of the buildings bobbing and weaving to avoid any further onslaught. He laughed and ducked as another projectile flew past his head. He quickly packed some snow and hurled his return fire. This called for strategy.

An hour later Kendel had constructed a small wall out of snow with his tree as a cornerstone. The snow from the last storm had drifted up against the buildings giving the combatants plenty of ammunition to work with. Kendel dug in, but the other student clearly had been in the area for some time and knew the good spots for sniping and hiding. Come to think of it, he had not heard from the other student in some time. Maybe he had left. Or fallen asleep some where.

Kendel carefully poked his head out of his one wall fort. He did not see the other student, but he did see Shard heading back toward the main walk through the center of the university. "Maybe he is in a better mood." Kendel thought.

"Worth the risk even if he is not." He decided

Kendel heaved a snow ball in Shard's direction intentionally high and leading him a little to the right. It would be better just to get his attention than to pelt him again. 

Shard was about halfway from the university to his home when something whizzed over his head. Shard recognized it as a snowball, and quickly spun and ducked. While making a snowball, his eyes scanned the area that was now in front of him. Shard saw a head sticking up from behind a mound of snow, and he was pleased to see that it was Kendel. 

Shard shrugged his pack off of his shoulder, and threw the snowball. It flew true and hit Kendel square in the jaw. Shard started to laugh. He began to pile snow in front of himself to make a small wall, then ducked as more snowballs came overhead. 

After about twenty minutes of fighting, and getting soaked, a snowball hit Shard in the back. Shard spun around and saw that another person had joined the fight, and Shard was stuck in the middle. Shard rushed towards Kendel with a snowball in both hands and flung them both over his shoulder at the newcome, then jumped over Kendel's short fortification. Shard quickly thanked Kendel for the pen, then reached into his pocket. Then his other one. It wasn't there! Then Shard remembered he had put it in his pack, which was in the middle of the field. Shard decided to return the pen later, and his mind turned back to the fight. Together, they began to hit the newcomer.

@Elkanah

1 hour ago, Straw said:

He said nothing of the sort, which makes me slightly suspicious of you. He just said that we have two El'the, and it'd be very good if they aren't Skindancers. In my opinion, we should be happy about elevations in general, since they benefit the village more than they benefit the Skindancers. However, we should be suspicious of everyone, regardless of elevation. Furamirionind, I'm curious as to why you parsed it as an assumption that they weren't Skindancers.

Simple. But first of all, you are rephrasing his message instead of analyzing what he said and how he said it.

Wow, we already have 2 El'the

Good (and perhaps bad if you are a skindancer) luck.

Who is he saying got good luck? I interpreted this as a general statement saying we have good luck. Meaning that the "And perhaps..." part is talking to skindancers. Saying they received bad luck. The fact he says "if you are a skindancer" means he is talking to others. Implying 
You are interpreting what he said as he is talking to the people who are now El'the. with the "good luck" perhaps or perhaps not being a general statement, and the "you" being to the El'the's, and the "bad luck" referring to us. This changes the audience he is talking to 2-3 times without actually saying who his audience is, where as my interpretation allows a constant unchanging audience throughout the message.

Maybe not as simple to explain as I thought. Lol.

The thing is, I also recognized both ways of interpreting it before my initial post. I posted that anyways because I wanted to see how they reacted. To be honest, the response didn't make me feel much better. I'm also surprised by just how aggressive you are defending him. While I feel like this would be a strange response for an elim!Straw to have with an elim!Silber... But I don't think I've played a game with you before as an elim, so I'll just take note of it.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Personally, I think that avoiding suspicion is fairly NAI. No one really wants to get lynched, regardless of alignment.

While no one wants to get lynched, there is a very popular sentiment in this community that getting lynched as village is OK as long as it progresses the game and/or provides information. Even that being said, even on MU, where everyone tries really hard not to die, trying to hard not to die is also considered suspicious. Again, because it hurts elims more than the village. A newer player, admittedly, is less likely to see the game this way though, as it requires a view of the forest of the game, rather than just the trees.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Huh, interesting that Bard was attacked but survived. I could see it being a WGG. Hmm... does attacked == sabotaged, or would there be a different notation for that? There's a reasonable chance that Striker went insane from the Mews. 10% is not insignificant.

Vote Count:

Coda (3): DeTess, DeTess, Rathmaskal

Lord_Silberfarben (2): Furamirionind, Furamirionind

Araris Valerian (2): Karnage, Karnage

Elkanah (2): Young Bard

CadCom (1): CadCom

Young Bard (1): CadCom

Furamirionind (1): Straw

Can anyone else confirm if my vote count is correct?

Attack attempts would not distinguish between sabotages and kills. 

The count is correct, though I'd recommend adding 2 Bard's to Elkanah's vote rather than leaving the reader to infer that the second vote on him is also Bard. :P 

Note on Artificery: If you create an item over two turns, only the second turn will confer the relevant insanity bonus. 

9 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

First of- congrats on surviving what was probably the sabotage!
Now, hate to be a debbie downer,

But i'm the queen of WGG's and this has my attention (wounded Gazelle Gambits for those who may be unfamiliar). The first terms wgg discussion wasn't something that seemed really plausible, but this...

Self-sabotage seems unlikely with only one rank in Physiking since that has a 25% chance of failure, but there were five other Re'lar's at the time who could have had two ranks in cheating death. Bodyguard/gram/bloodless would also be possible, if wasteful.

6 hours ago, Coda said:

Fellow students, are we actually trying to expel people? If so, I would be happy to place both of my votes on Lopen. Someone answer this question please. If this was already answered, my apologies for poor skimming.

For those who lack great arcane power, incredible amounts of money coupled with minimal self-preservation, or astounding luck, expulsion is the best way to actually harm the Skindancers. We still need the aid of people who possess one of the above three traits to gain solid information about alignment though. If you're actually suspicious of Lopen, it's worth putting a double vote on him. Doing so would further spread out the votes, but there's enough time to condense them.

@Furamirionind from last turn, I considered voting on Elandera as one of the higher suspicions among the five people committed to spreading out votes, but decided it was more important to consolidate votes on one person. I might vote for her this turn, but I haven't committed yet. She doesn't have any votes though, and the vote tally is already spread pretty thin, which makes her a less suitable lynch target. I'll have to see if anyone already up for the lynch would be a better choice.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Getting to 200

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Like I said, may have just been something in the wording.  No one wants to be lynched of course (I can think of some minor exceptions as an elim...) but the verbiage "attempting to avoid suspicion" just kind of rubs me a bit the wrong way.

8 hours ago, Coda said:

My suspicion of Lopen was because of residual animosity caused by the lashings I received early on. It had no founding in logic or rationality. I did not want to pile on to a potential villager's woes to appease my sense of justice for an accidental crime. 

So, here you said that your suspicion is baseless, and then you say this:

38 minutes ago, Coda said:

As I have been advised to act upon my suspicion by a person I do not distrust, Lopen Lopen. @TheMightyLopen, my least sincere apologies.

What is your suspicion, Coda?

7 hours ago, Elkanah said:

You've got me on the edge of my seat here. I am dying to know what my posts seem to be. :P I hope it's "things a villager would say" but the context doesn't make that seem likely.

Ugh. This is why I shouldn't write posts at past 2am in the morning - I try and proofread, but my brain fills in what I meant to say instead of what it actually says. Yeah, it was going to be something like "2 of Elkanah's posts seem to be something a Skindancer would write." So you almost got it. :P

Nethwyl's clothes smelled of smoke, and her notebook in her bag incriminated her for the fire. If she was found like this, she'd be expelled for sure. She needed to find a way to get rid of the evidence.

Nethwyl headed straight for the exit - as she was leaving, she was relieved to see people already heading towards the source of the fire with buckets and what looked to be some kind of sympathy enchantment. She wasn't so relieved, however, that she didn't duck out of the way and hide behind a bookshelf till they passed.

As she reached the entrance to the library, she saw no other alternative but just to walk straight through the mostly still oblivious rows of students steadily studying. She walked as quickly as she could while trying not to look like she was hurrying, moving one step in front of the other. The smell of smoke that permeated through her clothes seemed to clog her nostrils, and at any moment, she was sure someone would stop and ask her what she was doing. Still, she was most of the way through now. She only had 20 metres to go now. 10... 5...

"Hey."

Nethwyl stopped. I was so close. She closed her eyes briefly, before turning around to face the person who would doom her.

It was a baby-faced boy who greeted him, who seemed almost scared to be bothering her. Slowly, the boy cleared his throat.

"We have a charity drive going, for those Edema Ruh who want to learn but can't afford tuition. We were wondering if you could make a donation - even a jot would go a long way."

Nethwyl was so relieved, she quickly pulled out her purse and handed a whole silver talent to the astonished boy. Then she turned, and before the boy could say thanks, she ran off.

Guest Coda

My suspicion is a baseless one founded on naught but residual animosity. This has been stated. The irrationality of a suspicion does not reduce the advice as given by the individual informing me of the preference of expulsion. I feel as though I have dug my grave with my recession into lazy habits of sliding under the radar and doing the bare minimum. This has happened in previous games. As soon as I am noticed in the slightest, I am a target of great suspicion, as there is nothing to prove my innocence. Any analysis would seem out of character and thus suspicious. If it would make you feel better, I could do a person by person analysis, but frankly, I think that would do more harm than good. 

Hey, these are my suspicions so far:

@DeTess

@Furamirionind

Why?

When I RP voted Fura, DeTess immediately came to the rescue and lectured me about voting the correct person. Yes, I did ask people to tell me if I was doing something dumb, and thanks if you were actually telling me that. It is however very suspicious, to me at least.

Now Fura is voting me.Twice! (I think they didn’t change the votes? If they did I didn’t see it.)

Also some random suspicion fuel, DeTess made an analysis about the Edema Ruh and didn’t include Fura in it. Seems like maybe DeTess doesn’t want to say anything about Fura? Or maybe they just forgot…

Or perhaps the fact that DeTess forgot means they know what Fura is, and didn’t consider them for analysis.

So those are my suspicions.

I would like to see a vote tally before I vote them, though.

GMs???

6 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

Ummm, Coda...this seems like an odd statement.  Maybe it's just some rough wording, but I've never thought of 'avoiding suspicion' as a villager goal.

I've most certainly had 'avoiding suspicion' as a villager goal when I was new to the game. Particularly as when you're playing a fairly vanilla game of elimination, you often can't afford more than 2-3 mislynches, so it's worth not unnecessarily becoming a mislynch.  Not to say that it wasn't an odd thing to say here though.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

I would like to see a vote tally before I vote them, though.

GMs???

Vote Tally I can do.
Silberfarben(2): Fura{1}, Fura{2}
Coda(4): DeTess{1}, DaTess{2}, Rath{1}, Straw{2}
Araris(2): Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}
Elkanah(2): Bard{1}, Bard{2}
Bard(1): CadCom{1}
CadCom(1): CadCom{2}
Fura(1): Straw{1}
Lopen(2): Coda{1}, Coda{2}

Thanks very very much

DeTess

and for Fura...

I don't know.

I will vote Furamirionind, they already have one vote on them so it does not matter that much. unless you get some punishment.

Edited by Lord_Silberfarben

Guest Coda

The following analysis is in the order of the master player list, excluding those who are insane. Apologies if you are annoyed by it, I don't really care. Question: Is analysis alignment-indicative? If so, then wouldn't it quickly be exploited by the mafia team and therefore made not alignment-indicative? 

Keep in mind that most of my trusts are simply because I don't actively suspect anyone, and anyone would make a plausible skindancer except for the Great and Mighty Game Masters, who are of course beyond such petty roles. As such, anyone without a read listed is not unsuspected to a degree where I do not feel the need to point it out. This is a barebones analysis because it is very late where I am. The formula for trust is basically Talkative=+, Analysis=+. My apologies for a shoddy job.

Also, if I say someone hasn't said much when they have, it is because I am tired and my mind blanked when I tried to remember what they said.

Haelbarde: Talks a lot, presumably for tuition reductions. Warned about data leakage, a valid concern. Hasn't anything earthshattering. Mild trust

Elandera: Helpful analyser. Strong trust because I like analysis, which makes me a hypocrite who shouldn't be trusted.

Burnt: Some discussion based on past experience. Mild trust. To be honest, I can't actually remember a word this person has said

DeTess: A person who has analysed the game. Trust, though not incredibly strong as this is the individual who has placed both votes on me, so our working relationship is somewhat strained. 

Elkanah: Talkative, analysis. Strong trust. I actually think I trust this person more than I should. I have an instinctive trust of this person. 

Straw: Provided a large quantity of analysis. Strong trust.  

xino: Pretty active, suggested Linguistics Analysis. Mild trust, though downgraded for assuming anyone would be capable at being honest in every post without fail.

Lord Sil: Not saying much. 

Karnage: Analyser. Strong trust.

Experience: Mostly RP, mentioning of vote focusing. Mild trust. 

DoS: Argued in favor of spreading the vote. I have a similar stance on DoS as I do with Burnt. I have no memory of this person in the slightest. 

CadCom: Hasn't talked a lot, 

Fura: Talks a lot, presumably to get tuition reductions. I don't think this is an elim, but these actions could be a skindancer trying to get tuition reductions as easily as a student. Money is good for both sides.

Zillah: Hasn't said much

Araris: Analysis. In favor of pressuring skindancers using the vote earlier than everyone else, and thus earning Straw's ire. Mild trust.

Rath: Hasn't said much.

STINK: Hasn't said much.

Kynedath: Hasn't said much.

Walin: Hasn't said much. 

Green Rover: Hasn't said much. 

Young Bard: Hasn't said much. Mild trust, for some reason. (Crosscheck with others, could be sleep-deprived irrationality creeping in)

Lopen: Hasn't said much besides RP.  (I have partially gotten over my residual animosity. I will attempt to keep our relationship professional)

Edited by Coda
Forgot

Maern took in the exchange of snowy projectiles and sighed. Looks like he’d gotten caught in another snowball fight. They’d popped up with surprising regularity now that the temperature had dropped so severely. Seriously, he thought with annoyance, You’d think we had a bunch of ten-year olds on campus, not grown adults.

At the same time, though, he couldn’t deny that seeing the happy faces eased a little bit of the tension that he felt over the skindancers. There was evil in the world, for sure- but here, in this moment, for these people, there was goodness and joy.

This is what I’m fighting for, he thought to himself. The right for this to exist- for laughter, for fun, for peace. He smiled the tiniest fraction, unable to stay frustrated at them for accidentally knocking him over. And actually, they might be able to give him exactly the information that he was after.

“Pardon me,” he called out, “but do any of you know where I might find Nethwyl?”

A short exchange of words later, Maern walked away with a newly-acquired set of directions to the probable location of the student in question.” He let his smile spread across his face. Perhaps today wouldn’t be so bad after all.

---

@Young Bard, are you interested in joint RP? If so, can Maern meet you before Nethwyl gets caught?

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

This is the only vote that Bard casts this turn, fitting with his pattern of inactivity up to this point. This seems to have changed in the current cycle, which is good to see, but it doesn't help my suspicions that they had to be basically forced into doing it.

I was going to go into more detail, but I've been ninja'd a couple times and I might as well respond.

As I was saying earlier, Bard has had a pattern of inactivity up until this cycle in the game. He has a total of seven posts in the four turns preceding this one. Of those four turns, two he posted no vote on, and two he posted a single vote. In fact, the only reason he posted at all in the first term seems to be his required public apology (although to be fair, he did include discussion along with it). Most of his contribution has been in RP, although the analysis that he has posted has seemed pretty solid. Overall, it seems to me that Bard fits the profile of an eliminator trying to lie low and stay under the radar better than he fits the profile of a player unable to keep up with the fast pace of the game. Not to say that he doesn't fit the profile, of course; in fact, I would be wavering back and forth on this if it wasn't for the fact that I have been informed that Bard lied last turn. Now, it's possible that I may have overlooked something in his posts in the last turn, but it seems that the only lie that he could have told was this one.

I'm surprised they didn't go for someone elevated, though.

It has been confirmed that this statement, if uttered by an eliminator aware of the reasoning behind the attacks, would indeed set off Linguistic Analysis. And I suspect that this is exactly what happened. After all, look at this statement included by Bard in his first post this cycle:

21 hours ago, Young Bard said:

As for me being attacked but surviving last turn, I had a PM with someone with ranks in Physicking, (which gives them a ‘Cheat Death’ ability blocking sabotages). We both noticed the pattern of Skindancers targeting more inactive players - I fit into this category and was also a Re’lar at the time, so I must have seemed like a good pick for the sabotage. So the Physicker protected me last turn, and I was saved.

The exact reasoning that the Skindancers are likely using to choose their targets.

Of course, I can't be sure sure that Bard is an elim. But I can be pretty sure. Bard. Bard.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

As I was saying earlier, Bard has had a pattern of inactivity up until this cycle in the game. He has a total of seven posts in the four turns preceding this one. Of those four turns, two he posted no vote on, and two he posted a single vote. In fact, the only reason he posted at all in the first term seems to be his required public apology (although to be fair, he did include discussion along with it). Most of his contribution has been in RP, although the analysis that he has posted has seemed pretty solid. Overall, it seems to me that Bard fits the profile of an eliminator trying to lie low and stay under the radar better than he fits the profile of a player unable to keep up with the fast pace of the game. Not to say that he doesn't fit the profile, of course; in fact, I would be wavering back and forth on this if it wasn't for the fact that I have been informed that Bard lied last turn. Now, it's possible that I may have overlooked something in his posts in the last turn, but it seems that the only lie that he could have told was this one.

Wait, so you know Bard told a lie in turn 2.2?

29 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Now, it's possible that I may have overlooked something in his posts in the last turn, but it seems that the only lie that he could have told was this one.

Linguistic analysis covers all the posts made in a turn, and any PMs. Do you have or intercept any PMs with Bard in turn 2.2?

Did Nethwyl set the fires? Who knows? Tune in next week to find out!

Could be a lie if Bard specifically told the GMs whether or not Nethwyl set the fires, which was presumably not the case. Other than the unlikely lies of not realising it was May, and claiming copper chloride turns flames blue when it's specifically copper(I) chloride that does so, other potential lies would be the reads list.

OK, I haven't found anyone I'm kind of suspicious of yet. But I do have a few people that I'm not suspicious of, I think? So I'll start by listing those people, I guess.

Xino - they've been posting more than usual, and I've generally gotten a very village read from their posts, like they're not as concerned about how their posts are seen like I'd expect an Elim to be.
Karnage - new player, seems like he wants to jump in and be supportive of the village effort. I read him as genuinely trying to figure things out.
Straw - this is going to be a controversial one, but in it's own strange way, I feel like a Skindancer Straw might not want to draw attention to themselves by continuing to support the spreading the votes out strategy after Araris disagreed with him over it - the fact he's held to that makes me think he is a villager just with a particular view on the most effective way to play the game - I don't agree, but I don't think he's a Skindancer for saying so.

I suppose, in the absence of anyone else, I'll put a vote on [Lopen].

Lying about reads and/or an opinion on spreading out votes is almost as suspicious as lying about being surprised with the sabotage target though.

20 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Could be a lie if Bard specifically told the GMs whether or not Nethwyl set the fires, which was presumably not the case. Other than the unlikely lies of not realising it was May, and claiming copper chloride turns flames blue when it's specifically copper(I) chloride that does so, other potential lies would be the reads list.

@little wilson @Elbereth If someone says something in RP that is a lie, and is in no way game related, will that come up as a lie with this ability?

Holy moly! so so much to go through! Three whole pages of content. From what I am gathering, I think that @Lord_Silberfarben has some great points concerning Detess and Fura, although I'll have to go back and look at those instances more closely to see if they're completely accurate or if I'm misreading something or looking at the wrong posts. I'll hold off on voting on them for now.

So with Bard surviving an attack I'm interested in the possibility of a WGG. Although Burnt pointing it out like they did also feels a bit suspicious to me. It felt like they were trying to throw the discussion into chaos, I couldn't tell if they were trying to say that it was likely a WGG or if it was likely not. That looks like staying on the fence and that post stood out to me. So Burnt for that one.

"Mmm! Oh man, this coffee is amazing! I haven't had caffeine in forever, it gives me mild headaches, but I could really use it with all of these people going crazy. And did you see in the news that someone was attacked? Thank goodness they survived, I guess that just goes to show how good that Physicking department is eh? If only they'd try using my beets, they have amazing medical benefits. And I mean the scares are just going and getting rid of sales! It's hard being a Ruh, it's rough! You're a commoner, it's not that different for you either! Like man, those hoity toity nobles are crazy with the stuff they spend their money on."

The cafe was fairly empty, but it was cozy nonetheless. Browns and yellows gave it a homey feeling, and the ceramic mugs were hefty and probably handmade which game it a really nice quality feel. The coffee was coffee, Traelynn didn't have it too much. As she glanced around she couldn't help but think that the place could be a good opportunity to sell some of the candles that Amila had been helping design and make. Her designs and scents were spot on! The beet greens candle wasn't one that many would probably be able to stomach, it had an effect more like incense than a candle, but the green gave the displays color that was sorely needed. There was red and yellow and green. Without green it would only be red and yellow! That isn't great for brand building. Overall the candles were much much better than Traelynn could make herself. She could grow the plant, maybe cook it a few different ways, but past that she was really only a salesman.

"Amila, thanks for agreeing to this, I think it's a great way to celebrate being elevated! Plus it's nice to see you without trying to sell beets. I feel a bit weird without my beet box, but it's good to get out and just relax with you. Here's to being elevated, and having a great friend to celebrate it with!"