1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

...Wow, that was interesting to go back and read through. As a side note, rollovers happen at 9am for me, which is earlier than I get up. So when the first serious vote on me occurs at 6:30am that same morning, I’m not going to see it until after the turn is over. While of course it’s up to you, I’d prefer if you wanted to try and get me expelled, you do it at a time I can still respond to your arguments. :P

As for what the arguments themselves, they seemed to be wildly different, so I’ll run through them really quickly:

“He’s been fairly inactive/ flying under the rader” (Xino) - True, sorry about that - I hope to fix that going forward.
“He voted on Lopen, when I don’t find Lopen suspicious.” (Kynedath) - That’s… also fair. I wasn’t as focused on the game as I’d have liked to be - I’d have probably preferred to have found a different candidate I was more suspicious of, but I just ran out of time.
“He’s hedging, only placing one complaint” (Fura) - If I’d had more time to become more solid in who I wanted expelled, I’d have probably used both, but I didn’t. Sorry. Should be fixed going forward.
“I want to get someone expelled, and Bard is a better choice than Lopen” (Devotary) - I’d understand this sentiment if expelling revealed alignment, since the village desperately needs information right now, but I don’t think it does except on death (GM's?), which makes this argument less defensible in my opinion.

In general, people don’t like me hedging. Which… I don’t know, I think I always tend to hedge (see, I even did it right then. :P), so I’m not sure that’s especially alignment indicative for me. But I'll definitely try and contribute more of substance this turn.

As for me being attacked but surviving last turn, I had a PM with someone with ranks in Physicking, (which gives them a ‘Cheat Death’ ability blocking sabotages). We both noticed the pattern of Skindancers targeting more inactive players - I fit into this category and was also a Re’lar at the time, so I must have seemed like a good pick for the sabotage. So the Physicker protected me last turn, and I was saved.

I apologize for voting on you so early. Admittedly, I voted on you in the hopes you would be online in time, though even if you had, I doubt I would have moved my votes. Also, I didn't necessarily want you expelled. However I wanted serious votes to start happening, and my options were essentially you and Devotary, and Devotary is just a gut read.

It seems the only vote on you that you contest is Devotary's. However, the more votes on someone, the more serious the consequences, meaning the less the elims would be comfortable with those votes. This means that by actively trying to kill/expel/hurt players via lynch as much as possible, we get the most information from other players in the thread. It isn't necessarily fun to be voted on, something I can understand. However, if we don't vote in that manor, the mid/late game is going to become stagnant and the game might die due to lack of info. Which is something I have seen happen to several games with more information. We have to make sure there is enough to encourage people to keep analyzing, otherwise the RPers will just completely take over. : P
I also stand by the fact you were better to vote on than Lopen. Though this is the second time Devotary has defended Lopen, at least this time she explicitly said he wasn't a great target.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

Hmmm, a sabotage on Striker would fit the current pattern of elim activity more than an attack on Bard, while an attack on Bard could be a logical consequence of the votes, as someone could have tried to force an alignment flip there, which would have been useful. That does leave the question of how bard survived, but given that he had two elevations, there's a whole lot of different ways that could have happened. ninja'd by Bard with an answer to that question.

I wrote out a whole response as to why I thought Striker would have been the elim target, but I thought Striker was a noble for some reason. Him being a Ruh, and not posting very much, makes it very likely he was staying at the Mews, and staying there for 4 turns gives a... if I did my math right... ~35% chance of going insane. So actually pretty resonable.

44 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

I wrote out a whole response as to why I thought Striker would have been the elim target, but I thought Striker was a noble for some reason. Him being a Ruh, and not posting very much, makes it very likely he was staying at the Mews, and staying there for 4 turns gives a... if I did my math right... ~35% chance of going insane. So actually pretty resonable.

You're right that someone staying at the mews for 4 cycles has a ~35% chance of going insane in total, but that doesn't change the fact that the chance that striker could have gone insane from staying at the mews last cycle is still only 10%.

Edited by DeTess

@Wilson, are the tags referencing the game getting interesting or that El eating dinner was the interesting thing? :P

In other news that isn't relevant to the game in anyway, apparently the UK has decided that today is the day to do street parties which I find quite confusing so maybe it will be relevant to the game later idk only one way to find out.

I'm probably gonna get thrown shade for this but without going back and reading the posts of everyone that's mentioned in the writeup or having a really good memory since there's been so many posts I'm just gonna kinda leave the matter of Striker going insane since I didn't even have PMs with him or anything so the impact of his insanity is kinda lessened sorry (not sorry).

Otherwise maybe today is now finally the day that I start pumping out RP and yeah I'm not really planning on it much either but you never know!

4 hours ago, DeTess said:

@Karnage, why where you considering voting on Rathmaskal? And what about lower activity made it suspicious enough to vote on Elandera and Walin?

I do like that they were tagging those not voting and trying to exhort them to action, but I also know that that is very much not alignment indicative in any way.

So , for this- it really was mainly for a poke vote except I didn't retract it because I do want to see more activity from these two players in the future. I get why Elandera hasn't posted as much though. 

I am just going to type unfiltered and you all can make what you want of it. Ever since, Araris, came out of the blue very aggressively advocating for narrowing the votes down so we get results, he's been on my radar. This is for a few reasons.

1. There have been many people doing exactly as he suggest over the course of what, two cycles? Wouldn't that suggest at least some of those being Skindancers helping to form a bandwagon?

2. It seemingly came from nowhere at the end of the cycle, pointing extreme suspicion at a few who were doing this, except everyone who vote the first 3 cycles were doing this. I guess it just was really aggressive and there were a few that supported them right away.

3. Once someone is expelled they can still do stuff. They can still be in Imre all they cannot do is go to the University and advance in one of the fields. I would think that this would be top priority for the Skindancers. Not only would it remove competition, but they also wouldn't have to worry as much about more powerful people. 

4. From what I remember, they weren't even advocating for piling the votes on suspicious people either. Just that the piling was necessary. 

What do y'all think is this just nonsense. 

For now, I think that Araris should at least be role blocked. Is that what bring on the horns does?

54 minutes ago, Karnage said:

So , for this- it really was mainly for a poke vote except I didn't retract it because I do want to see more activity from these two players in the future. I get why Elandera hasn't posted as much though. 

I am just going to type unfiltered and you all can make what you want of it. Ever since, Araris, came out of the blue very aggressively advocating for narrowing the votes down so we get results, he's been on my radar. This is for a few reasons.

1. There have been many people doing exactly as he suggest over the course of what, two cycles? Wouldn't that suggest at least some of those being Skindancers helping to form a bandwagon?

2. It seemingly came from nowhere at the end of the cycle, pointing extreme suspicion at a few who were doing this, except everyone who vote the first 3 cycles were doing this. I guess it just was really aggressive and there were a few that supported them right away.

3. Once someone is expelled they can still do stuff. They can still be in Imre all they cannot do is go to the University and advance in one of the fields. I would think that this would be top priority for the Skindancers. Not only would it remove competition, but they also wouldn't have to worry as much about more powerful people. 

4. From what I remember, they weren't even advocating for piling the votes on suspicious people either. Just that the piling was necessary. 

For now, I think that Araris should at least be role blocked. Is that what bring on the horns does?

I think this is good analysis, though I will say I think this is all Not Alignment Indicitive (NAI) for Araris. He has a very agressive playstyle, and is not afraid to get people killed, or get killed, in games to make sure the village has enough information to proceed.

1. I would disagree with this. Before Araris spoke up in turn 2.1 (I think), everyone was pretty much trying to spread out the votes as much as possible. After he tried consolidating the votes, some people (myself and... someone else) both bandwagoned a bit. Then last turn was the first time there was significant effort for someone to be hurt from the lynch.

2. Well, I'm pretty sure he said he was busy before then. It's also easier to form opinions on stuff after seeing others do things. I'd know, as it took me a while to realize why the vote splitting bothered me. There is just no progression to the game if we split votes.

3. While this is true, if we expel a student, the Skindancers lives are 1/18(ish) easier. They may not need to worry about that student, but there's another 16-17 to worry about. If we expel a skin dancer, they lose access to their abilities, and we have 1/6 an easier time. So they proportionally lose more than we do by getting expelled. (The numbers are approximates, as I don't have the player count in front of me as I'm on mobile). And that is why by trying to expel people, we can also force people to interact in-thread. The elims will help each other (to varying extents) not get lynched, so we can catch them out that way.

Lashings do roleblock people.

Edited by Furamirionind

48 minutes ago, Karnage said:

I can see where you're coming from, but there's a couple of things to keep in mind. First of all, getting all skindancers expelled is a village win-con, so when the village starts voting in earnest, the skindancers need to get involved to protect their own members from expulsion. This leads me to the reason why a serious vote is necessary: without it, there should not be anything tying the skindancers together. If we had continued just spreading the votes, and then suddenly someone killed a skindancer, there'd be no way to determined who their team-mates might be. But now that everyone is supposed to start voting seriously, patterns can be discovered.

For example, if Elandera where to flip as a skindancer, her attempt to spread the votes last cycle should warrant another look at those up for the vote, though Lopen would almost certainly be innocent because Elandera called the votes on him out as the specific reason , something she wouldn't have done if they were evil together.

4 hours ago, DeTess said:

You're right that someone staying at the mews for 4 cycles has a ~35% chance of going insane in total, but that doesn't change the fact that the chance that striker could have gone insane from staying at the mews last cycle is still only 10%.

10% chance was enough to send me insane at the end of 2.1 in LG33 after having just moved to the Mews. I didn't break out for the duration of the game either. So it's happened before. But you're right that Striker maybe fits the previous sabotages better. 

@Furamirionind I wasn't able to respond in the two minutes you gave me before rollover so I'll respond now :P

My vote on Bard is more than a gut read. Analysis is really challenging this game, and due to the nature of the rules and how this game feels like a FFA despite being an elim/village game, I'm sort of making up what I think would be AI as we go along. I don't think AI stuff this game will necessarily be the same things that are AI in standard games. However I'm not going to go read through the previous runs of this to check. If you reread my previous post, I detail out who and why I find them suspicious.

Devotary is my only elim gut read.

You're why I said "mostly". Not that I said it at the time (as I was groggily trying to understand what was going on), but I liked your post where you explained your suspicions and agreed with a lot of it, or at least understood your point of view. I was probably most suspicious of CadCom's vote at the time, but didn't want to be the one to add another name to the voting pool, particularly with how late it was. 

I'll do a few more short analyses of people on the player list, but I want to to actually get some RP started early this cycle.

Previous reads:

Spoiler

1. Haelbarde - (Edema Ruh) - Me. A lot of RP, a few general warnings about being careful of sharing information (your data leaks affect everyone). Hasn't posted much during Term 2 - claims to have been busy.
2. Elandera - (Noble) - 1.1 pointed out the importance of not just having votes on Nobles, with the potential for multiple expelled nobles in that situation. 

Trusting them just because they want to expell isn't completely logical as it doesn't necessarily do village more good than elims. Skindancers could want to expell as many people as possible to increase their chances of being elevated and achieving their secondary win-con. 

Given the last two games (well definitely LG18, but pretty sure it was the case LG33), the skindancers focused first on expelling all students before worring about finishing off either the fields or killing everyone, I'd agree with Elendara's sentiments here. Though I suppose that it just means it's no different to the lynch normally - eliminators are benefited from the village lynching villagers. I'm leaning village on Elendara. I've also enjoyed their RP.
3. Burnt Spaghetti - (Commoner) - Not a fan of grammar and punctuation. A lot of RP, or general rules advice based on previous experience. Did note the value of the Bribe the Messenger ability. Did at least contribute some reads at the start of the cycle. She's always hard to read as anything beyond an agent of chaos who's just here to have fun, but I think she's more likely to be village than not at this stage (though that itself would be grounds for her being a Skindancer if we were playing the Resistance now...) 
4. DeTess - (Commoner) - Generally helpful, active and good at encouraging activity, but I'm not seeing anything that's particulary indicative of alignment. I'd maybe lean elim slightly, but I think that's more due to disagreeing a bit with their thoughts on the info game from lynches, which is really more a difference of playstyle. Basically just reading them as neutral for now.
5. Elkanah - (Edema Ruh) - Keeping quite active (which is certainly going to be helped from their need for tuition reductions as a Ruh). A lot of rule clarifications, some rule theory crafting that makes me lean a little village, shared a few reads. Still mostly a neutral read - need more data.
6. Straw - (Commoner) - RP, shared stats about previous games and previous cycles, which as Striker noted is a good way of getting overlooked. I probably agree more with them about using votes than I do with DeTess or Araris. Slight village read overall.
7. xinoehp512 - (Commoner) - Noted fairly early about that just one vote on all the nobles wasn't a good idea. Their general tone is of a villager trying to solve the game. I'm not sure a skindancer would have suggested the Linguistics Analysis scan idea, unless they were themselves a Linguist. They're active and engaged in the game. I'm reading village.

8. Lord_Silberfarben - (Commoner) - A bunch of RP, a vote or two on Araris, a retracted vote on Fura. Fura jumped on his post about El'the and skindancers, but by itself I'm not too suspicious. Feels pretty in character for a new player, and also something that if evil a teammate would have advised against saying earlier. Very little to work with here.  
9. Coda - (Noble) - All of 7 posts, which contain RP and poke votes. There's sort of nothing to read here. Another on the list of players to keep an eye on to make sure they don't go under the radar.
10. Karnage - (Noble) - Quite engaged in the game, a lot of RP and seems to be trying to think about the mechanics of the game and how they can be used. Has kept an eye on people's activity. My gut reads them as village for the moment I think.
11. Hemalurgic Headshot - (Noble) - Insane
12. StrikerEZ - (Edema Ruh) - Insane
13. Lumgol - (Noble) - Insane
14. Experience - (Commoner) - Not a lot of posts, a mix of RP and poke votes, but they did mention it'd be worth starting to focus our votes on people near the end of 1.2. They could do with posting more, but I'm happy enough with what's been posted far. Slight village lean.

Alright. More later. Time to write some RP.

Spoiler

15. Devotary of Spontaneity - (Noble) - 
16. CadCom - (Edema Ruh) - 
17. Sart - (Commoner) - Insane
18. Furamirionind - (Edema Ruh) - 
19. Zillah - (Commoner) - 
20. Araris Valerian - (Noble) - 
21. Rathmaskal - (Commoner) - 
22. STINK - (Commoner) - 
23. Kynedath - (Edema Ruh) - 
24. Walin - (Commoner) - 
25. GreenRover - (Noble) - 
26. Young Bard - (Commoner) -
27. TheMightyLopen - (Noble) - 

Edited by Haelbarde
Bolded names to be consistent

6 hours ago, Young Bard said:

As for me being attacked but surviving last turn, I had a PM with someone with ranks in Physicking, (which gives them a ‘Cheat Death’ ability blocking sabotages). We both noticed the pattern of Skindancers targeting more inactive players - I fit into this category and was also a Re’lar at the time, so I must have seemed like a good pick for the sabotage. So the Physicker protected me last turn, and I was saved.

First of- congrats on surviving what was probably the sabotage!
Now, hate to be a debbie downer,

But i'm the queen of WGG's and this has my attention (wounded Gazelle Gambits for those who may be unfamiliar). The first terms wgg discussion wasn't something that seemed really plausible, but this...

Now this being a legit predict and protect is entirely plausible, and i hope it is the case, but of course with every successful elim attack protect there must always be that seed of suspicion and hint of wariness. but. Its just,  yeah. When I did one in lg15,  step one was making the kill predictable enough to be able to feasibly convince a village protection role to protect me. So what you said there is giving me serious flashbacks. I agree that the potential targets for this cycle was kinda predictable, half expected it to be myself if i'm honest

So, what i'd like to see, is linguistics people taking action if at all possible this turn. this is the time to make use of things like linguistic analysis. Now is your time to shine!

Also i'm in no means trying to condemn bard.  just, voicing caution before anyone decides to hard trust him because of this. Yes its highly likely Bard is good, but this is by no means a hard confirmation. Just something to keep in mind. 

As you were :)

It was still cold. It was still snowy. He was bored. Looking out the nearby window, he watch fresh flakes fall onto the undisturbed mounds of frozen water. Ah, whatever. The essay can wait. It was time, he figured, to have some fun.

A few minutes later, rugged up with the new old coat he'd managed to acquire, Seoras stood in the empty courtyard, planning. He'd need people for one idea, though he could well prepare for that now. Getting to work, there was soon a few collections of neatly packed white spheres around the space. Good. Just need people to turn up.

The second idea was to have a bit of fun with tracks left in the snow. In one clear patch, he took the time produce an unusual trail that sometimes had to right feetprints in a row, then a handprint, before a long gap to the next disturbance of a handful of small holes, like a walking stick poked into the ground, leading to just a hole, sort of the size of a head, with a fork lying at the base. In another section, he made another set of tracks to look like someone limping, draging one foot through the snow, up to a the trunk of a tree, where again the tracks disappeared. 

Starting to tire of the idea, after carefully retracing his footprints in the snow, he looked around. Picking up a nearby snowball, he absentmindely tossed it in the air a few times.Then for the sake of it, he pulled his arm back, and threw it.

The snow ball flew through the air and...

I'll be sleeping the next little while, but don't let that stop you getting involved in a snowfight. Just knock Seoras into a snow drift or something and he'll get himself back out eventually and fight back in the morning. :ph34r: 

Edited by Haelbarde

49 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Now this being a legit predict and protect is entirely plausible, and i hope it is the case, but of course with every successful elim attack protect there must always be that seed of suspicion and hint of wariness. but. Its just,  yeah. When I did one in lg15,  step one was making the kill predictable enough to be able to feasibly convince a village protection role to protect me. So what you said there is giving me serious flashbacks. I agree that the potential targets for this cycle was kinda predictable, half expected it to be myself if i'm honest

Good times :P

News that a student named Bryn had started a fire in the archives spread quickly. Kendel was lucky to have missed it. He had left the library only a short time before the fire was discovered with a book on music theory he had checked out for some light reading between classes. It would have been a shame to have been destroyed as he had found it near the place where Bryn reportedly had started the fire. Ah well. At least he had saved one book. As he thought of her name, if you switched around the letters a little it even sounded like 'burn.' Of course a student like that would try to destroy a library. Especially one with books that old. They had lit up like they were thirsty for the fire. 

Opting not to return home, he weaved through campus to the twisted towers. He was surprised to find someone else using the piano... which was fine. The pianist was doing a decent job despite the specific idiosyncrasies of the instrument. The lobby of the twisted towers still had a few paper birds lying about as no one knew what to do with them. It felt wrong to throw them away. As if by doing so, they would be throwing away the life and sanity they represented. He moved a few off of a chair and began to read, enjoying the music in the background.

8 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I want to get someone expelled, and Bard is a better choice than Lopen” (Devotary) - I’d understand this sentiment if expelling revealed alignment, since the village desperately needs information right now, but I don’t think it does except on death (GM's?), which makes this argument less defensible in my opinion.

Correct. 

@Burnt Spaghetti, whats WGG? 

~~

5 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

It was still cold. It was still snowy. He was bored. Looking out the nearby window, he watch fresh flakes fall onto the undisturbed mounds of frozen water. Ah, whatever. The essay can wait. It was time, he figured, to have some fun.

A few minutes later, rugged up with the new old coat he'd managed to acquire, Seoras stood in the empty courtyard, planning. He'd need people for one idea, though he could well prepare for that now. Getting to work, there was soon a few collections of neatly packed white spheres around the space. Good. Just need people to turn up.

The second idea was to have a bit of fun with tracks left in the snow. In one clear patch, he took the time produce an unusual trail that sometimes had to right feetprints in a row, then a handprint, before a long gap to the next disturbance of a handful of small holes, like a walking stick poked into the ground, leading to just a hole, sort of the size of a head, with a fork lying at the base. In another section, he made another set of tracks to look like someone limping, draging one foot through the snow, up to a the trunk of a tree, where again the tracks disappeared. 

Starting to tire of the idea, after carefully retracing his footprints in the snow, he looked around. Picking up a nearby snowball, he absentmindely tossed it in the air a few times.Then for the sake of it, he pulled his arm back, and threw it.

Shard was trudging through the snow towards the university. He had an important exam today, and needed to get to class on time. Shard started to pick up his pace, then looked into his bag to make sure he had all the supplies he needed. Starting to panic, Shard quickly turned around. He had forgotten his pen. If he didn't have it, it would be worse then being late. Shard was about to start running when something hit him in the middle of his face, causing him to fall to the ground. It was cold and wet, and when he fell into the snow he got his clothing cold and wet as well. 

Shard quickly got up and swiveled around, looking for the one who had thrown the snowball. There was someone standing about 20 feet away from him, and they seemed to be trying to look innocent. The person looked vaguely familiar, but Shard couldn't figure out where he had seen him before. Maybe at the university?  He cast the thought aside, deciding that it didn't matter if he knew the man at all. Shard stalked up to the man, who still seemed to not notice Shard, and demanded, "Who are you, and why did you throw that snowball at me? Your going to make me late for a very important exam!" 

Edited by Experience

23 minutes ago, Experience said:

It's an acronym that means 'wounded gazelle gambit'.

...oh, you want to know what that means too? :P

A wounded Gazelle gambit is an elim tactic in which they attack one of their own, while making sure that person survives (either because of extra lives, or because protection had been arranged). It's intent is to convince people that the one being attacked must be good, because why would the elims attack one of their own?

Maern breathed a sigh of relief as the Masters gave his tuition. He could pay that and have easily enough money to cover lodging, supplies and other expenses. Finances were turning out easier to manage than he'd expected, considering his less-than-noble status. Which was a relief- and a much needed one, considering the circumstances.

The skindancers had struck again- although exactly where, no one seemed to know. Apparently there was a student in the Crockery, and another who had been attacked under suspicious circumstances. Rumors were flying, and sifting through them to find the facts of the matter was nigh-impossible.

Whatever it was that had happened, Maern hadn't been able to stop it. And he was still no closer to knowing who the skindancers might be. His lead on the fire at the Archives had availed him nothing but frustration so far- the culprits, whoever they were, had yet to be caught, and the people he’d approached for details about the incident hadn’t exactly been the most helpful. He doubted that the people investigating these new incidents would be welcoming either.

Wait a minute, he thought suddenly. Someone survived this time. He’d gone to question the victims in the Crockery. As he’d more or less expected, none of them were able to recount their experiences in anything resembling normal conversation. This latest near-victim, however, had escaped insanity. Might they have caught a glimpse, a clue?

---

@Young Bard, interested in some RP?

5 hours ago, Experience said:

WGG=Wounded Gazelle Gambit. It's when the eliminators attack one of themselves and then save them in order to build trust.

Firstly, a post count.

Player Post count Status Total 1.1 1.2 2.1 2.2
@Haelbarde(Edema Ruh) Ruh 22 3 12 3 4
@Elandera (Noble) Noble 16 8 2 2 4
@Burnt Spaghett(Commoner) Commoner 27 7 7 5 8
@DeTess(Commoner) Commoner 22 7 3 8 4
@Elkanah (Edema Ruh) Ruh 24 12 5 5 2
@Straw(Commoner) Commoner 41 10 4 13 14
@xinoehp512 (Commoner) Commoner 23 8 5 5 5
@Lord_Silberfarben(Commoner) Commoner 19 8 2 3 6
@Coda (Noble) Noble 7 3 1 1 2
@Karnage (Noble) Noble 18 6 3 5 4
@Hemalurgic Headshot (Noble) Noble 2 2 Insane Insane Insane
@StrikerEZ (Edema Ruh) Ruh 13 5 3 2 3
@Lumgol (Noble) Noble 5 2 0 3 Insane
@Experience (Commoner) Commoner 8 3 2 1 2
@Devotary of Spontaneity (Noble) Noble 17 7 4 3 3
@CadCom (Edema Ruh) Ruh 8 2 0 1 5
@Sart (Commoner) Commoner 3 1 2 Insane Insane
@Furamirionind (Edema Ruh) Ruh 18 4 2 4 8
@Zillah (Commoner) Commoner 10 4 3 1 2
@Araris Valerian (Noble) Noble 11 2 1 4 4
@Rathmaskal(Commoner) Commoner 3 1 0 1 1
@STINK (Commoner) Commoner 11 1 3 2 5
@Kynedath (Edema Ruh) Ruh 11 4 4 0 3
@Walin (Commoner) Commoner 5 1 1 1 2
@GreenRover (Noble) Noble 3 1 1 1 0
@Young Bard (Commoner) Commoner 7 0 1 3 3
@TheMightyLopen (Noble) Noble 15 6 3 3 3
    Total 118 74 80 97
    Average 4.37037037 2.846153846 3.2 4.041666667
    Nobles 37 15 22 20
    Average 4.111111111 1.875 2.75 2.857142857
    Commoners 51 33 43 52
    Average 4.25 2.75 3.909090909 4.727272727
    Edema Ruh 30 26 15 25
    Average 5 4.333333333 2.5 4.166666667

I know it isn't the most useful thing, but it might at least have some use to someone and it isn't exactly the easiest thing to create. Looking at it, I see that the total amount of discussion is beginning to trend upwards again, which I take as a good sign. Let's keep it up! :D

I'm beginning to realize that spreading my votes out last turn wasn't a good idea. I was actually considering changing them, but then the cycle ended... Oh, well.
The issue with spreading the votes out is that even if the targets we select do wind up being eliminators, they aren't really going to be more than slightly inconvenienced if the votes are too widely spread. Both Bard and Lopen got off with nothing more than a 2-talent deduction. With that little of a penalty, it becomes much more feasible to bus a teammate. For that reason, I think that we should try to condense our votes more this turn.

As for the attacks this turn, I think that Bard being the skindancers' target and Striker succumbing to the Mews makes the most sense. Whether or not it was a WGG, I'm not sure.

Edited by xinoehp512

Kendel must have fallen asleep reading because when he came too, the musician had gone. It looked like he had absently read about four pages after what he remembered and figured he should go home where he could get some real rest. He left the towers and took a shortcut through a courtyard to get back to the main thoroughfare through campus. 

1 hour ago, Haelbarde said:

*Poff* Something wet and cold slugged Kendel in the shoulder. A bit dazed, He looked around for the origin of the sudden interruption. About fifteen yards away stood a student looking guilty but pleased. Kendel grinned. This was not a part of his plan for the afternoon, but he could stand to lighten up a bit. Kendel took cover behind a tree, scooping up some snow and packing it into a tight ball. He was not the best aim, but he could probably handle this guy in a snowball fight. 

Emerging from behind the tree, Kendel saw his trajectory was blocked by a student who looked far too busy to join in the fight. He recognized him from somewhere. Probably some class he was supposed to be in right now, but could not quite remember his name. Shad? maybe? no Chad. That was it.

As Chad passed, Kendel readied his sneak attack. His assailant wouldn't even see it coming. He lobbed the tightly packed orb and watched in horror as Chad inexplicably turn back and started running into the path. 

*WHAP* The snowball exploded on Chad's face knocking him to the ground. "ohohoho" Kendel suppressed a laugh not sure what to do. When Chad finally stood up, he looked spitting angry. Kendel tried his best to look innocent, but he wasn't fooling anyone. 

51 minutes ago, Experience said:

Shard stalked up to the man, who still seemed to not notice Shard, and demanded, "Who are you, and why did you throw that snowball at me? Your going to make me late for a very important exam!"

"Calm down, Chad, I didn't throw that snowball at you! I threw it at him!" Kendel explained loudly suppressing a smile. "If you're so late for an exam, why did you turn around. I totally would have missed you!"

I hope you don't mind me joining. It'll be several hours before Haelbarde will be back to role play, so I thought we might be able to get this snowball fight under way before then. I am also happy to give you a pen as a result of this conversation if you are still hoping to make it to that test. ^_^

@Experience

Yeah, by all means the Linguists should scan me to make sure I'm telling the truth - I'd do the same in their place.

Hmmm... So Tess is going through the list by rank, and Hael is going by the order of signups - just to be different, I'll go by cycle posted, replying to/commenting on whatever catches my eye.

Elkanah - Recommends the nobles get protection ASAP, and suggests that the Skindancers might target a Noble before they can establish said protection - that seems like fairly basic advice, with a prediction that turned out to be correct (with HH at the end of 1.1, and Lum at the end of... 2.1, I think) - I could imagine a Skindancer Elkanah writing this, to establish brownie points and seem like they're contributing useful advice.

Fura - Breaks down the different classes of players - this feels a little more villagery to me. Interesting what he says about the Ruh and how they're able to pay their way - if you assume most Ruh are staying at the Mews, then I'm surprised more haven't already gone insane just by the odds beyond just Striker. The only other possibility is, like CadCom, they've chosen to not attend the University entirely. I should probably do a crosscheck between those who've been elevated, sorted by class - maybe I will later, or maybe someone who's bored can do it for me. :P (Oh, and there's Talent Pipes as well, which a couple people might have gotten, but the GM's have indicated that there probably aren't many people who were able to get them, so that probably doesn't explain the discrepancy.)

Lots of RP. Interestingly, the people you see a lot of in this turn are Xino, Elkanah, and Fura, who seem to have comparatively dropped off in activity now. I'm not sure if that's significant or not... actually, no it's not. All three of them are Edema Ruh, so I'm pretty sure it's just them trying to be extra active for the tuition reductions, and then not being able to keep up that level of commitment for multiple cycles, which is completely understandable.

By the top of Page 4, the vote spreading has more or less been tacitly accepted without much discussion - that's probably not too unusual for Day 1, especially given that the lynch doesn't reveal alignment, but it means part of me is tempted to skip straight forward to 2.2 for when there's an actual lynch going on to start analysing again - I might do that next post. Where there is a discussion, it's focused on the details of how the votes should be spread out (whether it should be focused on the nobles, or split evenly between everyone.) I don't see much that's alignment indicative on either side of that debate, tbh - you could make a case for either. Elandera seems to be strangely defensive against the votes being concentrated on Nobles, but it seems a fairly small hill for her to die on as a Skindancer? But then again, that quickly becomes an IKYK.

Karnage - Karnage still seems pretty villagery, IMO - he seems to have a genuine interest in solving the game, and a curiosity that I feel would be directed more towards his elim teammates if he had them, if that makes sense.

Elkanah - "Yep, I have no intention on voting on two people... maybe ever. I am glad for the second vote, but the first vote gets me a tuition reduction. When I have someone I am actually suspicious of I will happily put both of my votes on the same one to make sure they get DP and, with a little help from the masters, expelled." - Hmmm... Something about that is weird to me. It's one thing to say that you're using your vote for tuition reduction in Term 1 while you don't have any suspicions, but to say that may be the case forever doesn't strike me as something a villager would want. You add the part after about if you're suspicious of someone, you would put both votes on them, but that can easily be waved away indefinitely, since you can always just say you haven't found any suspicions yet.

There's a fair bit of RP I'm skipping over here, because the cycle is over if I want to get to all of it. The last interesting thing of this turn, IMO, is a minor dispute between Tess and Striker about fields. Striker suggests that Ruh should go into fields that will provide the most money (Arithmetics or Artificery), while Tess disagrees and says anyone should go into whatever field they choose, regardless of class. Striker seems to accept Tess's points and back down a bit. I can see a village Striker making that kind of argument fairly easily to try and help the village. As for Tess's posts, I'd describe that as generally NAI, I think they'd make a similar argument as either a Villager or an Eliminator.

I guess at the end of that, Elkanah, Elkanah, since two seperate posts of theirs seemed to be . I might change that as I keep reading through the cycles, though.

...I was going to put RP here as well, but after reading through a fairly hefty backlog, I'm spent, and it's nearly 3am, so I'm just going to head to bed instead. Hopefully I'll get to it all tomorrow, because in my head I have an RP mini arc vaguely planned in my head, including the Public Apology, so I hope I'm able to get to it all before the turn ends and not have to shave it down. We'll see.

Guest Coda

It appears that in my attempts to avoid suspicion, I have gained it instead. How terrible. @DeTess, in a hopeless attempt to get you to retract your votes, I make the following case: My suspicion of Lopen was because of residual animosity caused by the lashings I received early on. It had no founding in logic or rationality. I did not want to pile on to a potential villager's woes to appease my sense of justice for an accidental crime. 

Fellow students, are we actually trying to expel people? If so, I would be happy to place both of my votes on Lopen. Someone answer this question please. If this was already answered, my apologies for poor skimming.

@Elkanah

The man pointed to another and claimed he had been aiming for them instead of Shard. The man was all the way on the opposite side of the block! How could he have messed up his aim so badly? No. There was no way that it was accidental. And the man had called him Chad! If you don't know someones name, you should at least have the courtesy to ask! 

Shard took a deep breath, trying to calm down, then said, "First off, my name is not Chad. It's Shard. What about you? Second, I am already going to be late for my exam because I forgot a pen, so a few extra minutes won't affect me that much seeing as I'm now going to miss the entire exam!"

Shard paused a moment, then accused, "And shouldn't you be studying for exams right now, someplace where you can't annoy those of us who are trying to actually do well in school?" 

Shard didn't even give the man time to answer his barrage of questions before he turned around and started off towards his home, hoping the proffessor might listen to reason this one time and let him take the exam late.

You are welcome to offer him a pen, and its nice someone joined the RP, because I could use some extra tuition reduction. 

29 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

I guess at the end of that, Elkanah, Elkanah, since two seperate posts of theirs seemed to be .

You've got me on the edge of my seat here. I am dying to know what my posts seem to be. :P I hope it's "things a villager would say" but the context doesn't make that seem likely.

29 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Elkanah - Recommends the nobles get protection ASAP, and suggests that the Skindancers might target a Noble before they can establish said protection - that seems like fairly basic advice, with a prediction that turned out to be correct (with HH at the end of 1.1, and Lum at the end of... 2.1, I think) - I could imagine a Skindancer Elkanah writing this, to establish brownie points and seem like they're contributing useful advice.

Elkanah - "Yep, I have no intention on voting on two people... maybe ever. I am glad for the second vote, but the first vote gets me a tuition reduction. When I have someone I am actually suspicious of I will happily put both of my votes on the same one to make sure they get DP and, with a little help from the masters, expelled." - Hmmm... Something about that is weird to me. It's one thing to say that you're using your vote for tuition reduction in Term 1 while you don't have any suspicions, but to say that may be the case forever doesn't strike me as something a villager would want. You add the part after about if you're suspicious of someone, you would put both votes on them, but that can easily be waved away indefinitely, since you can always just say you haven't found any suspicions yet.

I guess at the end of that, Elkanah, Elkanah, since two seperate posts of theirs seemed to be . I might change that as I keep reading through the cycles, though.

Aww you thought my advice was useful? Thank you! Not sure I have a defense here except to argue my fairly basic advice is NAI and mostly just for the tuition reduction. Most of my posts have been for that.

I'm not sure I understand this one. Or maybe you didn't? I stand by that I will probably not use my two votes on two different people. That is even more emphasized now that most of us are in agreement that spreading the votes won't help us. If I use both of my votes they are going on the same person as evidenced by my votes on Rathmaskal last turn. I wonder if I worded something weird that made it sound like I would only use one vote each turn which wasn't my intention. I meant I would only vote for one person each turn, but would be willing to use both votes on that one person. 

I can respect that. I'm just glad you are willing to do the work of going back through that mountain of posts to find some suspicions. I'm not even too worried about the tuition, because we're on a weekend again so I should have enough RP to get me through a minor tuition hike. I just want you to know what I actually meant. 

"First off, my name is not Chad. It's Shard. What about you?" Shard said

Drat. Kendel had been so close. Maybe if he had stuck with Shad, Shard would not have been so upset. Then again Shard seemed pretty determined to be upset.

"Second, I am already going to be late for my exam because I forgot a pen, so a few extra minutes won't affect me that much seeing as I'm now going to miss the entire exam!"

Kendel bit back his sarcastic comment.

"And shouldn't you be studying for exams right now, someplace where you can't annoy those of us who are trying to actually do well in school?" Shard accused.

That one hurt a bit. Of course Shard could have no way of knowing that Kendel could not afford to go to school this term. Especially since Kendel still went to classes. In that sea of students, the masters had no idea which students had paid and which ones had not. The information was still just as good. Plus Kendel did not have to take tests if he was not enrolled which suited him just fine.

Finished with his tirade, Shard turned to stomp off.

"Whoa, wait, Shard! I am sorry for hitting you with a snowball... and misremembering your name." He jogged to catch up with Shard. "Hey if it helps, I have got an extra pen you could have. I don't know where you are staying, but I can save you a little time at least."

He pulled a pen out of his pocket. It was not a nice pen by any standard, but the ink worked so he hoped it would be enough. 

"A peace offering." Kendel said as he handed it to Shard. "I'm Kendel by the way. Aren't you in my DUCK!"

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

"First off, my name is not Chad. It's Shard. What about you?" Shard said

Drat. Kendel had been so close. Maybe if he had stuck with Shad, Shard would not have been so upset. Then again Shard seemed pretty determined to be upset.

"Second, I am already going to be late for my exam because I forgot a pen, so a few extra minutes won't affect me that much seeing as I'm now going to miss the entire exam!"

Kendel bit back his sarcastic comment.

"And shouldn't you be studying for exams right now, someplace where you can't annoy those of us who are trying to actually do well in school?" Shard accused.

That one hurt a bit. Of course Shard could have no way of knowing that Kendel could not afford to go to school this term. Especially since Kendel still went to classes. In that sea of students, the masters had no idea which students had paid and which ones had not. The information was still just as good. Plus Kendel did not have to take tests if he was not enrolled which suited him just fine.

Finished with his tirade, Shard turned to stomp off.

"Whoa, wait, Shard! I am sorry for hitting you with a snowball... and misremembering your name." He jogged to catch up with Shard. "Hey if it helps, I have got an extra pen you could have. I don't know where you are staying, but I can save you a little time at least."

He pulled a pen out of his pocket. It was not a nice pen by any standard, but the ink worked so he hoped it would be enough. 

"A peace offering." Kendel said as he handed it to Shard. "I'm Kendel by the way. Aren't you in my DUCK!"

As Shard walked away from the man, the man caught up to him and apologized as well as introducing himself as Kendel. Apparently Kendel had some heart in his chest, however small it was, and offered Shard his pen. Shard was about to accept the offer and thank Kendel when he shouted, "DUCK!" Kendel threw himself to the ground and Shard quickly followed. 

A snowball sailed overhead, now harmlessly missing the two who were now in the snow. Once Shard regained his wits, he looked around and saw the person Kendel had claimed he was having a snowball fight with earlier. The person seemed to be laughing as they made another snowball. 

For the second time in a very short while, Shard got up out of the snow and stalked towards an asilant. Or, at least he wanted to. He didn't have the time for yet another encounter, so instead he turned towards Kendel and thanked him for the warning. He also accepted the pen with much more gratitude, and then he was off to take his exam.

--

Shard came out of the university, feeling content. He had been able to start the test and get a passing score allowing him to do well in the class. Shard decided to look around the town to try and find Kendel to thank them for the pen and return it. 

Shard is in a much better mood now, so if you want you could have Kendel start a snowball fight. 

@Elkanah

11 hours ago, DeTess said:

@CadCom, do you believe that elims are more or less likely to make an obvious mistake in an accusation than villagers? Do you think elims are more or less likely to immediately vote on a villager that made an obvious mistake

Overall an eliminator is less likely to make a mistake in an accusation against villagers, however in the case that the eliminator did not notice the mistake, they would be more likely to try to find a way to exploit the mistake. 

With regards ri the second question, I think it depends on what you mean by obvious. Is the mistake itself obvious? Or is the mistake made due to obvious obliviousness in the part of the person that made the mistake. 

If the mistake was obvious but it's not obvious of the OPs ignorance, then an eliminator may choose to take advantage of the mistake and try to use it against the OP, but I'd say it's not too likely. 

However, if it's obvious that the OP made a mistake for no other reason than they completely missed out on some other post, or was ignorant or oblivious to a rule, then most same eliminators would just choose to point out the error of the OPs ways and try to direct them down the correct path, and pocket the clearly errant OP. 

---

Anyway, back to focusing on actual events. When I first saw Bard's survival I didnt know what to think, but the first thing that came to mind was a WGG. Then using the wonderful power of confirmation bias, bards post where he attempted to explain his survival made me more suspicious this may change, but for now, I will put one vote on Bard and to hopefully motivate me to return later to take a closer look, I'll put my other vote on myself CadCom and remove it later once I've had time to reevaluate that first vote. 

2 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Fura - Breaks down the different classes of players - this feels a little more villagery to me. Interesting what he says about the Ruh and how they're able to pay their way - if you assume most Ruh are staying at the Mews, then I'm surprised more haven't already gone insane just by the odds beyond just Striker. The only other possibility is, like CadCom, they've chosen to not attend the University entirely.

I shouldn't complain for you reading a post of mine as villager, though when I made that post, I was thinking as an Edema Ruh trying to help other Edema, not as a villager or elim. I'm pretty sure I would have made it as either.
Yeah, that is interesting now you mention it... Though it's possible only Striker and I have been dumb enough to brave the Mews, for the chance at Uni powers... so... xD
(I don't even think I'm really sharing anything too secret. It's probably would be pretty obvious I'm in the Mews to anyone who read my posts last turn. Lol)

Lots of RP. Interestingly, the people you see a lot of in this turn are Xino, Elkanah, and Fura, who seem to have comparatively dropped off in activity now. I'm not sure if that's significant or not... actually, no it's not. All three of them are Edema Ruh, so I'm pretty sure it's just them trying to be extra active for the tuition reductions, and then not being able to keep up that level of commitment for multiple cycles, which is completely understandable.

Xino is actually a Commoner, so I think his activity was more his own thing, though Commoners do still benefit a lot from tuition reductions.

Elandera seems to be strangely defensive against the votes being concentrated on Nobles, but it seems a fairly small hill for her to die on as a Skindancer? But then again, that quickly becomes an IKYK.

I actually went into this game expecting STINK to be arguing against targeting the nobles, but he stayed somewhat out of that discussion. Personally, I find it difficult to read into Elandera's post there simply because I feel like players in this game have a larger survival instinct than normal. (*cough* [insert comment about FFA mindset] *cough*) So when I read that comment, I see it also as a mix between something trying to make sure she doesn't get expelled, as well as adding onto the spreading out votes discussion. She didn't mention this, but if someone is to get expelled this game, it would be much better if they get a ton of votes and everyone knows they are going to get expelled rather than it happening at random to someone after the cycle ends.
Am I putting words in her mouth? Perhaps... But that's sort of what I thought when reading her post.

Anyways, thanks for the analysis, much appreciated. =)

2 hours ago, Coda said:

It appears that in my attempts to avoid suspicion, I have gained it instead. How terrible. @DeTess, in a hopeless attempt to get you to retract your votes, I make the following case: My suspicion of Lopen was because of residual animosity caused by the lashings I received early on. It had no founding in logic or rationality. I did not want to pile on to a potential villager's woes to appease my sense of justice for an accidental crime. 

Fellow students, are we actually trying to expel people? If so, I would be happy to place both of my votes on Lopen. Someone answer this question please. If this was already answered, my apologies for poor skimming.

DeTess was merely pointing out that attempting to avoid people voting on you is typically a sign of an elim. The best way you can get the votes off you will be to put forward some effort to finding the elims, be that analysis, PMs, or something else you think of. : )

Following up on the discussion between Bard and Elkanah, this post actually is really off. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Elkanah misspoke, and perhaps they could enlighten us on the matter a bit. While bard provided commentary on the paragraph, I'm going to go through line by line.

Spoiler

Yep, I have no intention on voting on two people... maybe ever.  

I don't really have a problem with this. The "maybe ever" implies that this voting decision is not based on lack of suspicions, instead implying that Elkanah doesn't agree with the idea of spreading out votes. Despite this he is not discouraging it. Probably not a big deal, it's T1

I am glad for the second vote, but the first vote gets me a tuition reduction.

This is fair. But why, when you have two votes and don't want to spread out the votes, would you choose to not double vote on the target? Probably because you want to keep a low profile. However, I wouldn't say this is AI for C1.1, as everyone was thinking in similar terms of keeping a low profile I think. At least I was.

When I have someone I am actually suspicious of I will happily put both of my votes on the same one to make sure they get DP and, with a little help from the masters, expelled.

Here you imply we should be voting on suspicions, and voting to expel. Or at the very least get consequences. Now, this would seem to tell me you are already thinking of this game as an elim/village game, as you seem to want to go after the elims. However, if I read into your previous sentences correctly, the mindset behind those sentences seem to be around keeping a low profile, which would be most consistent with either treating this game as a FFA (which this sentence seems to dispute) or being an elim.
I'd hardly say this is damning. Just an apparent inconsistency worth taking note of.

Until then, it wouldn't hurt for me to spread the vote a little more,

Now this isn't a direct contradiction of your first sentence, but why wouldn't you want to vote on two people other than to prevent excessive vote spreading? This sentence seems to agree with the vote spreading sentiment despite the opposite earlier.

but I'd prefer to have the rest of the students vote. Therefore I will not be supplying them an out by doing their voting job for them.

Here I'm not sure what to think. You don't want to cast your second vote on Elandera, you also don't want to spread the votes thinner, but you do want the spread the votes thinner, but you won't because you want others to vote first? I could understand that if you wanted to leave people open to vote on for the tuition reduction, but, "Therefore I will not be supplying them an out by doing their voting job for them" seems to me to be referring to the elims? Honestly I'm not sure what that part is attempting to say.

I am certainly not married to my vote on Elandera, but I also don't care to move it. I do find it interesting that Karnage has two votes and I'd like to humbly suggest either Straw or Hemalurgic Headshot move their vote to spread it a little thinner. 

Hedging, followed by encouraging spreading votes around.

Your votes would serve the good of all, but most of all yourselves.

I think this may have just been a throw away line, but I think I have said (or implied) earlier that I think trying to encourage people to think of this game as a FFA will be an AI thing to look for this game... And this sentence, if it's not a throw away/joke, does that.

Anyways, I'm considering moving my votes, though I'm not convinced I'm not misreading this at the moment. So I'd like to hear back from Elkanah first. : )

Also, to be completely honest with everyone here, I haven't read the thread at for most of the entire first Cycle... Instead of spending my time catching up with the thread, I instead tried to jump into what was currently happening... Hopefully I'll have time to go back through C1 at some point, though I generally think C2 will be more worth my time as that's when I think people really started playing the game.

Kendel watched Shard hurry off between two of the buildings bobbing and weaving to avoid any further onslaught. He laughed and ducked as another projectile flew past his head. He quickly packed some snow and hurled his return fire. This called for strategy.

An hour later Kendel had constructed a small wall out of snow with his tree as a cornerstone. The snow from the last storm had drifted up against the buildings giving the combatants plenty of ammunition to work with. Kendel dug in, but the other student clearly had been in the area for some time and knew the good spots for sniping and hiding. Come to think of it, he had not heard from the other student in some time. Maybe he had left. Or fallen asleep some where.

Kendel carefully poked his head out of his one wall fort. He did not see the other student, but he did see Shard heading back toward the main walk through the center of the university. "Maybe he is in a better mood." Kendel thought.

"Worth the risk even if he is not." He decided

Kendel heaved a snow ball in Shard's direction intentionally high and leading him a little to the right. It would be better just to get his attention than to pelt him again. 

@anyone do you want to build a snowball fight? I have poor enough aim to hit you wherever you are. :P 

28 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Following up on the discussion between Bard and Elkanah, this post actually is really off. The only thing I can think of is perhaps Elkanah misspoke, and perhaps they could enlighten us on the matter a bit. While bard provided commentary on the paragraph, I'm going to go through line by line.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't really have a problem with this. The "maybe ever" implies that this voting decision is not based on lack of suspicions, instead implying that Elkanah doesn't agree with the idea of spreading out votes. Despite this he is not discouraging it. Probably not a big deal, it's T1

This is fair. But why, when you have two votes and don't want to spread out the votes, would you choose to not double vote on the target? Probably because you want to keep a low profile. However, I wouldn't say this is AI for C1.1, as everyone was thinking in similar terms of keeping a low profile I think. At least I was.

Here you imply we should be voting on suspicions, and voting to expel. Or at the very least get consequences. Now, this would seem to tell me you are already thinking of this game as an elim/village game, as you seem to want to go after the elims. However, if I read into your previous sentences correctly, the mindset behind those sentences seem to be around keeping a low profile, which would be most consistent with either treating this game as a FFA (which this sentence seems to dispute) or being an elim.
I'd hardly say this is damning. Just an apparent inconsistency worth taking note of.

Now this isn't a direct contradiction of your first sentence, but why wouldn't you want to vote on two people other than to prevent excessive vote spreading? This sentence seems to agree with the vote spreading sentiment despite the opposite earlier.

Here I'm not sure what to think. You don't want to cast your second vote on Elandera, you also don't want to spread the votes thinner, but you do want the spread the votes thinner, but you won't because you want others to vote first? I could understand that if you wanted to leave people open to vote on for the tuition reduction, but, "Therefore I will not be supplying them an out by doing their voting job for them" seems to me to be referring to the elims? Honestly I'm not sure what that part is attempting to say.

Hedging, followed by encouraging spreading votes around.

I think this may have just been a throw away line, but I think I have said (or implied) earlier that I think trying to encourage people to think of this game as a FFA will be an AI thing to look for this game... And this sentence, if it's not a throw away/joke, does that.

Anyways, I'm considering moving my votes, though I'm not convinced I'm not misreading this at the moment. So I'd like to hear back from Elkanah first. : )

Also, to be completely honest with everyone here, I haven't read the thread at for most of the entire first Cycle... Instead of spending my time catching up with the thread, I instead tried to jump into what was currently happening... Hopefully I'll have time to go back through C1 at some point, though I generally think C2 will be more worth my time as that's when I think people really started playing the game.

Hmm, you make some interesting points. I was kind of living the double standard of I want my votes to be used to expel skindancers and I do not want votes to expel any one. I admit it was not so much that I misspoke as that I switched between the elim game and free for all game from one breath to the next. I was not going to use both of my votes spread out the complaints, but I was expecting everyone else to do it for me.

Quoting is weird so I'll go through your comments by numbering my responses

1 It was my intention at the time not to spread out my votes

2 I chose to not double vote on Elandera because I was not actually suspicious of her. I just wanted the tuition reduction and I though she could take a one jot addition for me to get a 3 jot discount (yes that is terribly unfair and inequitable, but welcome to SE) 

2a. I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt, but it really was not about keeping a low profile. It was about getting a tuition reduction. (and maybe a little about not charging her two jots for giving me three.)

3 You are correct and I stand by this. I just did not hope to expel Elandera that turn, so I did not place both votes.

4 You know, it might be a direct contradiction of my first sentence. By not spreading my votes, I should have doubled down and made a lynch happen on one or two people. People that already had votes on them. That was what the first half of the post implies I was in favor of doing. However, I just came off a game where I was lynched cycle one and I am glad for a game where that was very unlikely.

5. 'Doing their job for them' refers to the fifteen or so other players who had not yet voted that turn. I did not want to give the idea that they could not vote and it would not be noticed. I called them out by name later in the turn. I think I did consider splitting my votes to make sure no one was expelled on turn one, but then I realized that if we agreed that was the correct way to go, the responsibility falls on a lot more people than just me.

6. More of the same

7 I just really wanted them to vote. Votes are data that we know how to distill into information. (Also it was fun and rhymed.)

I'm happy for any other questions you have. I am an expert on my own opinions.