Bryn walked the halls, a few borrowed books from the archives under her arm. There was a satisfied grin across her face as she observed the occasional student popping a lone candy into their mouths. She hoped the little bit of sugared positivity would help people, even if only slightly,  to have a boost of motivation to make it through the new term. Two students went insane last term it it definitely shook her a little, and she knew it had made others concerned as well. She wasn't exactly a model student, and was fond of pranks, but she wasn't heartless.  Though she couldn't promise everyone got a flavour that they liked.

She wondered what would happen to the one left at the door of the student that cracked. They'd had a baby with them hadn't they? Bryn heard whispers from other students that one of the nobles, Lasko, had taken the baby into their care. Good. They'd be able to afford feeding another mouth. Something Bryn definitely wouldn't want to be juggling. She barely made any money to start with, tuition ate up most of her coin as it was.
Maybe i'll give the leftover candy to Lasko for the kid. Though. The kids probably too young for solids. I do not envy the guy. If i were him i'd consider hiring a baby sitter or something or else he might end up with no time to get his studies done. She didn't typically like nobles, even though she often had fun pretending to be one, but maybe this noble was okay if he was willing to put his own needs aside to care for an abandoned baby.

(i don't want people to get too distracted from a flavour action I put in for the sake of doing something. Bryn dropped off the candies to everyone as a welcome note thingy. It has no affect on the game, just a random thing for fun. don't overthink it too much >> )

Sorry for my relative inactivity. My thoughts up to this point are as follows. 

1. I havent been paying as much attention to the thread as I could have been, so it's quite possible I've missed a few of these same points being brought up. 

2. With so many mechanics going on in this game, I think we have to be careful not to get distracted from our main goal, which is to kill the skin dancers. Along those same lines, since the skindancers have a doc to communicate in, it's probably easier for them to not get distracted, since they'll have four or five other people(just my guess) who can help them out to stay on task. The reason I say this is because I keep thinking how I can become the most powerful. But then remembering that I actually need to try to catch skindancers. 

3. I think there may be a few things that would give away eliminators so far in voting patterns, but until we catch at least one eliminator, voting pattern analysis is random and inconclusive at. best. This is usually my preferred method of analysis. So I dont have much to go off of at this time.

4. This one is more of a question for anyone that knows the answer. I thought we'd be able to see which was in imre versus the university each turn. Is that just a rule that I made up in my own head? A quick re-skim of the rules didnt help me out.

-------

Please note* my RPs have no bearing on what I'm actually doing in the game and are purely for flavor purposes. 

An unfortunate truth about Cadici's educational history is when things got rough, cadici usually found other, less productive ways to spend his time. During term one, cadici had already managed to count how many stones marked the cobblestone path from his lodging all the way to the Imre and also to the university. 23,213 stones between the Ankers front door-where he stayed last term- and the entrance to the Imre

The university was either just a little bit closer or the overall stone size was slightly was larger in that direction because there had been 21,189 stones to reach campus on the shortest path. 

Cadici hadn't even bothered checking his grades from last term yet as he was afraid to do so. But he still was qualified to attend, so he tried enrolling again. Hopefully this term he would actually try harder to attend his classes. For now he simply ate a sandwich. He had a class starting in half an hour, and he could NOT attend class on an empty stomach. 

---

Sandwich devoured, Cadici finished packing his bag with essential items, and headed off towards the university. It was time to measure actual steps to campus, instead of all the stones. This should be significantly easier to count.

One. Two. Three. Four.  Hopefully no one heard him counting. They would think he was weird. 

On 05/05/2020 at 1:23 AM, Karnage said:

For RP reasons I am going to vote on GreenRover, as Knighter was the last person Lasko saw with Sagaer and for being suspicius about only going up to Sagaer after he left the group!  

14 hours ago, Karnage said:

It was Knighter, right? I ought to put a complaint on him. GreenRover. 

---

As for vote count-

Zilla(1): DeTess

Araris(1): Lord_Silberfarben

Lopen(1): Xino

Elandera(1): Young Bard

Karnage(1): Coda

GreenRover(1): Karnage

Did you intend to put two votes on GreenRover? Because you've currently put both on them, ensuring they get at least one DP.

6 minutes ago, CadCom said:

4. This one is more of a question for anyone that knows the answer. I thought we'd be able to see which was in imre versus the university each turn. Is that just a rule that I made up in my own head? A quick re-skim of the rules didnt help me out.

No, unfortunately. Certainly not publicly, unless people volunteer the information. Think the only other way would be with Naming.

Vote Tally

Zillah(1): DaTess{1}

Araris(1): Silberfaren{1}

Rover(2): Karnage{1}, Karnage{2}

Lopen(1): Xino{1}

Elendera(1): Bard{1}

Karnage(1): Coda{1}

Devotary(1): Xino{2}

Rath(1): Lopen{1}

Burnt(1): Lopen{2}

Straw(1): Burnt{1}

Bard(1): Straw{1}

Stink(1): Straw{2}

Walin(1): Rath{1}

I've not put a complaint down yet. I made enough RP posts last cycle that I can survive without putting in a complaint, but I'm happy to do so if we still want to try and spread out DP is much as possible.

50 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

I've not put a complaint down yet. I made enough RP posts last cycle that I can survive without putting in a complaint, but I'm happy to do so if we still want to try and spread out DP is much as possible.

I think it'd probably be a good idea to put down some votes to spread things out.

1 hour ago, Haelbarde said:

Did you intend to put two votes on GreenRover? Because you've currently put both on them, ensuring they get at least one DP.

Okay, reading your post I did not mean to put two votes on GreeneRover. Oops. I'll keep one vote on him though. @Straw do you have a list of players that don't have a vote on them yet, I know you're interested on spreading those votes out. @Haelbarde, I think that what I will do is continue to RP with the baby this part of the term, then I will RP not being able to handle the stress next part of the term and you can have the baby.

---

Cas was crying again! Lasko woke up for the fifth time that night to Cas crying. How did Sagaer stand it! You couldn't study with it, and you can't sleep with it. Lasko got out o bed and began working on trying to get Cas to sleep. 

After the baby was asleep again Lasko decided that he better study. he had tried to find somebody in the archives but nobody would give him a lick of their time. He really just needed to make friends with that one beet seller. He really needed some sleep! After an hour of studying he decided to continue working on the board game that he had been working on over the course of this term. Maybe inviting people to play a board game would help people notice how nice Lasko could be, maybe it could lessen the stress that came from studying for the students at the university.

9 hours ago, DeTess said:

@Elbereth and @little wilson, this talk about the linguistics analysis made me curious about something. Would lies about your character in RP count? For example, in the above RP Evelyn claimed to not be elevated in arithmetics. If I had, in fact, been elevated in that field, would that count as a lie?

That’s a fascinating question. I think no, though. Nevermind! Wilson says yes. 

6 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

If i were to pitch in on the whole linguistics thing, the "i am not a skindancer" truth thing is certainly very effective. but since i've already been in a game thats done that, and it really did work well but, i instead really want to see a game where things like plumbobs are getting used- i don't recall if theyve been used at all previous games. Well, if they were, I didn't know about it which is entirely possible :P

No, plum bobs have never been used :P 

5.5 hours left in the cycle, folks! Get your EP / actions / complaints / etc in! 

Edited by Elbereth

9 hours ago, DeTess said:

@Elbereth and @little wilson, this talk about the linguistics analysis made me curious about something. Would lies about your character in RP count? For example, in the above RP Evelyn claimed to not be elevated in arithmetics. If I had, in fact, been elevated in that field, would that count as a lie?

Yes. Any lie in any post made by you.

I'm going to put a double complaint onto Straw Straw. I no longer think it is in our interest to spread the complaints around. At this point (and also probably sooner in the game, if we had wanted), we should really think of the complaints as a lynch. I was happy to go along for a bit since this game has a bunch of fun mechanics and knocking people out during the first cycle seemed a bit rude. We learn absolutely nothing by spreading the complaints, and I'd rather start learning something. Unfortunately it's a bit late in the cycle, but I wanted to wait and see who would suggest that we continue spreading votes out.

20 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to put a double complaint onto Straw Straw. I no longer think it is in our interest to spread the complaints around. At this point (and also probably sooner in the game, if we had wanted), we should really think of the complaints as a lynch. I was happy to go along for a bit since this game has a bunch of fun mechanics and knocking people out during the first cycle seemed a bit rude. We learn absolutely nothing by spreading the complaints, and I'd rather start learning something. Unfortunately it's a bit late in the cycle, but I wanted to wait and see who would suggest that we continue spreading votes out.

I don't disagree with your reasoning (I was building a similar case to be brought early next cycle to get proper voting going). However, why did you pick straw over Xinoehp, Lopen, Burnt Spaghetti, haelbarde or Karnage? Straw only started organizing the spread after that seemed to be the de facto state of the votes, while it was Xinoehp that first encouraged everyone to keep doing so this cycle, while Lopen was fairly encouraging of it with extra votes when it could still have gone either way and providing suggestions to help people keep doing so.

29 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Would you mind explaining why you're so suspicious of me?

EDIT: Also, why are you waiting until now to do this? We've already decided to spread out the votes. It's fine if you want to start going after people next turn, but now is not the time.

Edited by Straw

On 5/4/2020 at 2:02 AM, DeTess said:

Speaking of votes: Zillah @Zillah, you haven't shared many game thoughts yet. Is there anything you'd wish to share with us in regards to that?

. . .And my entire post has disappeared thanks to the WiFi crashing, again! Unfortunately not too much this cycle, as I only logged on to the shard recently and there is not much time left in the cycle. Right now I will place complaints on Burnt Spaghetti and Lord Silberfarben . The former is due to an off gut read I have gotten this entire game, and I do not quite know what is offsetting about them yet. The latter is due to their vote on Araris Valerian so early, they voted with complete certainty, and did not provide any single piece of reasoning as to why they did so. I will try and have more next cycle, but that will be all for now.

I'm going to vote on Lumgol. Just the one vote. I'm with Araris that we should stop spreading the votes around, though minutes before the end of the cycle is pretty late to do that.

That being said, I wouldn't hold it against Araris. Seems like a village thing to me, in this game at least. I'll go into detail next turn.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

I'm going to vote on Lumgol. Just the one vote. I'm with Araris that we should stop spreading the votes around, though minutes before the end of the cycle is pretty late to do that.

That being said, I wouldn't hold it against Araris. Seems like a village thing to me, in this game at least. I'll go into detail next turn.

Just so you know, there's a bit more time left in the cycle. GM's reduced turnover time to 4 hours, so there's still about 4 hours left in the cycle. That's imo not enough time too consolidate to a targeted vote (better to start early with that on the next cycle), but it leaves some time for more discussion if you wish.

15 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Why me? 

36 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Just so you know, there's a bit more time left in the cycle. GM's reduced turnover time to 4 hours, so there's still about 4 hours left in the cycle. That's imo not enough time too consolidate to a targeted vote (better to start early with that on the next cycle), but it leaves some time for more discussion if you wish.

Oh, you're right...

Well in that case, there still is a bit of an issue where few people are discussing game-related material, and votes have had no point the past 2 turns, so there is very little info. That being said, I did reread Sart/HH's posts to try to figure out why they were killed. HH seems to have been a low information kill. He was also a noble, so that was also probably another thing to his detriment. At the end of T1.1, he had only made 2 RP posts. Sart on the other hand was encouraging focus on the elims, and playing this game more or less like a normal elim game. 
The elims this game are/have probably been quick to try to make this feel like a FFA game, which it sort of does feel like, as we are all competing against each other for abilities.

I also felt like an elim would want to distract from the fact that Sart's death was premeditated. DeTess started saying things like this, but then did acknowledge that Sart was attempting to progress the game. Lopen also said something similar, where he Acknowledged that Sart had made these votes yet thought the kill was random none-the-less. Bard just said he thought the kill was random.

Of these 3 people, I'm inclined to think that DeTess is village at the moment. Leaving Bard and Lopen.

Bard has made 2 game related posts. Both of which are predominately NAI.

Lopen has made quite a few posts. I believe he originated the idea of spreading out votes, which primarily benefits the elims. The main issue I have with voting him on this though, is that no one wants to die in this game. So playing this game as if it is not an elim game, is not necessarily something a villager wouldn't do. Lopen also was discussing the very strange idea of the HH kill being a WGG... Something which would make more sense for an elim going into Naming to do in my opinion. Again, I'm conflicted on saying this is AI at all though because the ruleset of this game encourages talking regardless of the topic... So it would make sense for someone to jump on a topic and draw it out, regardless to what that would normally mean about the player.
Lastly, Lopen keeps putting off voting, each time they make a game related post. Again, this isn't necessarily AI as there is very little content spread out between 25 players and lots of RP, making it very difficult for a villager to make a good vote. However, this is also traditionally a sign of an elim.

These things all being said, my conclusion is game analysis isn't fun... Lol

22 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Why me? 

Why Not?

Lumgol
Lopen Lopen

Edit: This is normally the point in a game where I'd PM Lopen before posting to try and get more info, but with only 2/3 posts in thread, I can't guarantee I could PM like normal either.

Edited by Furamirionind

Vote Count:

Zillah(1): DeTess

Araris(1): Silberfaren

Rover(1): Karnage

Lopen(3): Xino, Furamirionind, Furamirionind

Elendera(1): Bard

Karnage(1): Coda

Devotary(1): Xino

Rath(1): Lopen

Burnt(1): Lopen, Zillah

Straw(3): Burnt, Araris, Araris

Bard(1): Straw

Stink(1): Straw

Walin(1): Rath

Silberfarben (1): Xino

Could people vote on the following people to spread the votes out: DeTess, Experience, Xino, and Coda

2 minutes ago, Straw said:

Could people vote on the following people to spread the votes out: DeTess, Experience, Xino, and Coda

Why do you want to spread votes out still?

Edited by Furamirionind
added the word "still" for clarification

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Why do you want to spread votes out still?

The lynch doesn't actually reveal any information, so in my opinion it's best to try to spread out the consequences as much as possible. I also feel like the university abilities help the village far more than they help the elims. Due to this, I think it's preferable to keep students at the university if possible.

I also feel like it is immensely unfair to try to lynch players at this point in the turn. If we're going to have a lynch, we should decide at the beginning so everyone can argue and defend themselves.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Would you mind explaining why you're so suspicious of me?

EDIT: Also, why are you waiting until now to do this? We've already decided to spread out the votes. It's fine if you want to start going after people next turn, but now is not the time.

I'm not, as you put it, "so suspicious of you". I'm just more suspicious of you than the average other player. I gave the explanation for my complaints in my post.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

I don't disagree with your reasoning (I was building a similar case to be brought early next cycle to get proper voting going). However, why did you pick straw over Xinoehp, Lopen, Burnt Spaghetti, haelbarde or Karnage? Straw only started organizing the spread after that seemed to be the de facto state of the votes, while it was Xinoehp that first encouraged everyone to keep doing so this cycle, while Lopen was fairly encouraging of it with extra votes when it could still have gone either way and providing suggestions to help people keep doing so.

Part of the reason I chose Straw was that he was demonstrably active at the time I posted, and thus I wouldn't be running into the issue Straw has brought up, where many players aren't worried about defending themselves. Also, I think it is safer (and thus more of an elim tactic) to agree with an idea that has already been brought up, than to try and forcefully change what the village is trying to do. Hence why Straw is more suspicious than those earlier players.

6 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm not, as you put it, "so suspicious of you". I'm just more suspicious of you than the average other player. I gave the explanation for my complaints in my post.

Part of the reason I chose Straw was that he was demonstrably active at the time I posted, and thus I wouldn't be running into the issue Straw has brought up, where many players aren't worried about defending themselves. Also, I think it is safer (and thus more of an elim tactic) to agree with an idea that has already been brought up, than to try and forcefully change what the village is trying to do. Hence why Straw is more suspicious than those earlier players.

Okay, that's reasonable.

I haven't exactly been passive and going along with it. I have repeatedly shown why it is a good idea. I'm also confused as to why it is intrinsically better to argue rather than agreeing. If I think an idea is good, I'm hardly going to argue that it's bad, as that would be rather counterproductive.

I'm curious as to what you think the village will gain from this, and I'd appreciate if you could offer your thoughts on why we should actively attempt to put players on the horns. In my opinion, it seems like the majority of university actions and Imre items are more beneficial to the village. Due to this, I would think we'd want to maximize the amount of money and field abilities that students can have.

I also feel like it is immensely unfair to try to lynch players at this point in the turn. If we're going to have a lynch, we should decide at the beginning so everyone can argue and defend themselves.

First, I agree with this (which is why, despite bringing them up, I haven't switched my votes to either Lopen or Xinoehp). I will be making an effort to get a more focused lynch discussion going next turn though.

41 minutes ago, Straw said:

The lynch doesn't actually reveal any information, 

This is not actually true. The lynch doesn't cause an alignment flip, but that doesn't change the fact that most elims won't want to be lynched, and have the support network in place to try and discourage a lynch. Whereas a villager can only rely on themselves to diffuse a building lynch. So, despite not resulting in a flip, analysis of votes when people are actually voting can still reveal patterns.

To give an example. Let's assume this cycle a noble hired an assassin to kill Lopen, and Lopen flips as a skindancer. With the way the votes have currently been going, the reveal of Lopen as a skindancer would be interesting, but there'd be next to nothing that could be used to tie Lopen's alignment to other people. But if we start voting for effect, and a skindancer gets revealed, then their votes and arguments for and against certain lynches can be analyzed.

Edited by DeTess