Adonalsium’s opposite

CameronUluvara

Question

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, CameronUluvara said:

If Ruin’s body can be atium, isn’t it possible that ‘the force that opposes Adonalsium’ doesn’t just show up through aluminum (which appears impervious to all forms of Ad. Investiture) but he actually is aluminum?  

Questioner

So is there an opposing force to Adonalsium.

Brandon Sanderson

Good question, which has been asked before and i haven't answered it so I'm going to RAFO you as well.

I think that I have occasionally said 'yes' with the caveat that, obviously somebody opposed him because he was Shattered. I haven't confirmed if there is like a 'Devil' or something like that if that's what you're looking for.

Barnes & Noble B-Fest 2016 (June 11, 2016)  

Eric

In Secret History we learn the 16 Shards that Shattered Adonalsium. Was that done [on behalf of the anti-Adonalsium force]?

Brandon Sanderson

You’re focusing too much on this idea of an anti-Adonalsium. It—the original question I believe that was asked me was “is there a force that is opposed to Adonalsium” and it left me a lot of wiggle room. In other words, the people who killed Adonalsium, you could say were a force, any person who opposed Adonalsium... What they were trying to get was a “devil” but to do that you must assume Adonalsium was a more Christian-style God, and I haven’t confirmed any of that.

Calamity Chicago signing (Feb. 22, 2016)

17 minutes ago, CameronUluvara said:

If Ruin’s body can be atium, isn’t it possible that ‘the force that opposes Adonalsium’ doesn’t just show up through aluminum (which appears impervious to all forms of Ad. Investiture) but he actually is aluminum?  

Well, we don't know for sure that "the force that opposes Adonalsium" is an actual being equal in power to Adonalsium:

Eric

In Secret History we learn the 16 Shards that Shattered Adonalsium. Was that done [on behalf of the anti-Adonalsium force]?

Brandon Sanderson

You’re focusing too much on this idea of an anti-Adonalsium. It—the original question I believe that was asked me was “is there a force that is opposed to Adonalsium” and it left me a lot of wiggle room. In other words, the people who killed Adonalsium, you could say were a force, any person who opposed Adonalsium... What they were trying to get was a “devil” but to do that you must assume Adonalsium was a more Christian-style God, and I haven’t confirmed any of that.

But if Brandon was referring to an actual force, then I could see this theory being correct. If he wasn't, then Aluminum could possibly have been involved in Adonalsium's shattering.

Edit- wow, I got double ninja'd

Edited by Nameless