Introduce myself

Hoidlovesbacon

Hello, I am a new/old fan of Brandon Sanderson. 3 or so years ago I read Alcatraz vs the evil librarians, but I just moved on and forgot about it. Then a few months ago I discovered the Reckoners which led to Mistborn and eventually almost the entire Cosmere. The only books I have not read are White Sand 2 and 3 because I don’t like reading the graphic novel forms of books, so I am dragging my feet a little. Anyone else out there who feels the same?

P.S. I am a stick?

Hi, and welcome to the shard! I haven't read any of the White Sand graphic novels, but that's more because I plan to read a few other things first. I'll get to them eventually. Anyway, if you're struggling with the graphic novels, Brandon has actually written a prose version called White Sand Prime. Copies are available as part of the newsletters that he sends out a few times each year, which you can sign up for at https://www.brandonsanderson.com/contact/ . I can't make a judgement on how close it is to the graphic novels, but they are were based on this written version.

On another note, which of Brandon's books have you enjoyed the most, and can you name a few of your favourite characters?

23 hours ago, BloomAgeOne said:

Hi, and welcome to the shard! I haven't read any of the White Sand graphic novels, but that's more because I plan to read a few other things first. I'll get to them eventually. Anyway, if you're struggling with the graphic novels, Brandon has actually written a prose version called White Sand Prime. Copies are available as part of the newsletters that he sends out a few times each year, which you can sign up for at https://www.brandonsanderson.com/contact/ . I can't make a judgement on how close it is to the graphic novels, but they are were based on this written version.

On another note, which of Brandon's books have you enjoyed the most, and can you name a few of your favourite characters?

Thank you, I will be sure to sign up for the newsletter! Some of my favorite characters are probably Kaladin, Vin, Elend, Sixth of the Dusk, Wax, Wayne, Vivenna ,Spensa, Vasher, and Alcatraz. My favorite books are Mistborn eras 1 and 1.5 and Stormlight Archive thanks for asking.

20 hours ago, R J said:

Welcome to the Shard

P.S. you could be fire

But... I am a stick

19 hours ago, TrдVψLшR 0115 said:

Hello, I like your name.

p.s. There is a cheesy Ham joke in there somewhere.

p.p.s. This post is making me hungry.

Actually I hadn’t thought about that my name is referring to a WoB

QUESTIONER

Can you give us some more tidbits about Hoid?

Brandon Sanderson

Can I give you more tidbits about Hoid? He loves bacon. *laughter* No I can't give you any, you'll have to go online and find out more tidbits about Hoid. I'm very tight-lipped.

18 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Oh my storms, I love your username haha. :lol: But anyway, welcome! We’re glad to have you here. So have you read Skyward then? If not, you should definitely check it out, it’s really good!

I have, but only the first book so far. I think it’s good too!

32 minutes ago, Hoidlovesbacon said:

Some of my favorite characters are probably Kaladin, Vin, Elend, Sixth of the Dusk, Wax, Wayne, Vivenna ,Spensa, Vasher, and Alcatraz. My favorite books are Mistborn eras 1 and 1.5 and Stormlight Archive thanks for asking.

Nice! I've always been a fan of Kaladin and Vin. I also really like Nightblood. My favourite books would have to be The Way of Kings, Mistborn and The Emperor's Soul. I would greatly recommend reading the latter if you haven't read it. :D

Also, I do agree with everyone that your username is great!

Edited by BloomAgeOne

Just now, BloomAgeOne said:

Nice! I've always been a fan of Kaladin and Vin. I also really like Nightblood. My favourite books would have to be The Way of Kings, Mistborn and The Emperor's Soul. I would greatly recommend reading the latter if you haven't.

Oh, I forgot about that one. It’s one of my favorites! I love how you are able to

Spoiler

Soulstamp souls and change yourself and even your skills

7 minutes ago, BloomAgeOne said:

Also, I do agree with everyone that your username is great!

Thank you! What’s your username from?

4 minutes ago, Hoidlovesbacon said:

Thank you! What’s your username from?

It's derived from the game Magic the Gathering, which was one of the ways that I was introduced to Mr Sanderson's books. There was a really powerful competitive deck over 20 years ago that utilised a card called Cadaverous Bloom (there's a description of the deck below if you've ever played MtG and are interested). Although I have never played with or against the deck, it is something that a few of my friends told me about, and it's a bit of a homage to our play group, really. Thanks for asking!

https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Prosperous_Bloom

Guest _Shallan_
On 4/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, Hoidlovesbacon said:

Hello, I am a new/old fan of Brandon Sanderson. 3 or so years ago I read Alcatraz vs the evil librarians, but I just moved on and forgot about it. Then a few months ago I discovered the Reckoners which led to Mistborn and eventually almost the entire Cosmere. The only books I have not read are White Sand 2 and 3 because I don’t like reading the graphic novel forms of books, so I am dragging my feet a little. Anyone else out there who feels the same?

P.S. I am a stick?

Welcome to the club.  I share your opinion about not liking graphic novels.