Music Cover Competition

Elend  Venture

This is somewhat of a fun, silly, project, so no one take this too seriously.

Alright, here is how it works: This is a music cover competition that I have arranged just for fun. Anyone can enter any song from any genre that they wish to, with only a few criteria: In order to participate you must either be one of they whom perform in the recording or you must have recorded it while someone else performs.

There are two catagories in which one may perform: Instrumental and Vocal.

Instrumental contestant's input may consist of one or more musical instruments played by one or more musicians and is not limited to classical music.

Vocals are allowed with: karaoke style instrumental accompaniment; no accompaniment, accompaniment by instrument(s) that is (are) present at the recording; other singers.

Contestants shall be judged upon their skill within their genre. Unfortunately, I only have two other people with whom I will work to judge the music, and we may be biased toward our own personally favored music styles (Metal, folk and classical). Accordingly, we will try to pick a favorite cover in each genre that is submitted and have y'all vote which song was most skillfully done across all the submitted genres. Vocal recordings and instrumental recording shall be judged apart. (This is all assuming there are many participants at all, if any, of course.)

You can pm your covers to me, ideally in the form of Mp3 or Mp4 files.

I am sure that there are many questions still left in answered and I will do my best to fix that in this thread.

Your last chance to enter the contest will be upon June the 5th, 1:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time.

Edited by Elend Venture
Addition of minor details.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 7:42 PM, Elend Venture said:

The competition is now closed. A great thanks to all the participants, the results shall be posted here by the tenth of June at 1:00 Greenwich Mean Time.

Hello? Anybody home? :P

• 2 weeks later...

After some extended deliberation and not more than a few failures in coordination upon the part of the judges, the winner has been selected from the three contestants to have entered covers, @Matrim's Dice and his cover of 'All of Me' by John Schmidt, for it's most skillful execution.

Edited by Elend Venture