First time reader -up to WoR ch 64!

Miggins

Hey guys. I'm Matt or miggins as I am known by all my friends! I have been doing a readthrough from Elantris all the way up to words of radiance in publishing order! I am obsessed with Brandon's books. I've been on this journey for nearly 2 years now and I'm loving it. I love getting into the deeper cosmere which is why I am doing a published order readthrough. If you want to follow along I am active on reddit in all the cosmere subreddit and since the end of WoK I have been writing my thoughts up on each chapter so if you want to get a first timers perspective then look me up on reddit!

Edited by Miggins

1 hour ago, thebubblesarealie said:

Awesome! Who’s your favorite Stormlight Archive character?

Hmm difficult one. Torn between Wit and Dalinar. I love Dalinar's visions and his desire for genuine change and progression. My favourite part of the epic fantasy books are the different connections and links between the overarching story and the mythology and a sense of foreboding. I enjoy seeing the cosmere connections from Wit's appearances and I just find him quite funny in general

45 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Hmm difficult one. Torn between Wit and Dalinar. I love Dalinar's visions and his desire for genuine change and progression. My favourite part of the epic fantasy books are the different connections and links between the overarching story and the mythology and a sense of foreboding. I enjoy seeing the cosmere connections from Wit's appearances and I just find him quite funny in general

I might be in the minority here, but my favorite character, particularly in Words of Radiance, is Highprince Sebarial. I like his attitude and his quirky relationship with Shallan. This is not to say that I don’t adore the others, but I do really love Sebarial.

2 minutes ago, Ravomillo said:

Hi Matt! Welcome to 17th Shard!

Thanks! I've been wanting to join a while but waited till now so I wouldn't be spoiled. I feel like now is an good time to get into the fandom before RoW. Also I hada question about someone pattern tells about in WoR I wanted answered Haha. How long have you been a fan?

3 minutes ago, thebubblesarealie said:

I might be in the minority here, but my favorite character, particularly in Words of Radiance, is Highprince Sebarial. I like his attitude and his quirky relationship with Shallan. This is not to say that I don’t adore the others, but I do really love Sebarial.

You know what I can see that.  I do like him but tbh we've barely seen him. So far he has met Shallan and taken her back and since then we havent seen him. But I like him. I have a good feeling about him

3 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Thanks! I've been wanting to join a while but waited till now so I wouldn't be spoiled. I feel like now is an good time to get into the fandom before RoW. Also I hada question about someone pattern tells about in WoR I wanted answered Haha. How long have you been a fan?

I'm quite a fresh fan. I joined the 17th Shard month ago and this is when I started to read "The Stormlight Archive"-actually my first Sanderson's book. My friend recommended me it for a few months before I finally decided to start it (after Asoiaf I lost my desire to read larger series). But now I love the Archives and regret that I didn't start it earlier!

2 hours ago, Ravomillo said:

I'm quite a fresh fan. I joined the 17th Shard month ago and this is when I started to read "The Stormlight Archive"-actually my first Sanderson's book. My friend recommended me it for a few months before I finally decided to start it (after Asoiaf I lost my desire to read larger series). But now I love the Archives and regret that I didn't start it earlier!

Where you up to now?