Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oltux72

Missionaries

3 posts in this topic

So that the North and South are coming into contact again, what will happen to religious exchanges? The North certainly has the resources to send a ship to the South. Not easily, but it can be done. And by now this must look like a matter of national security. Will the Path and Survivorism send missionaries? And how about the reverse? Will native Scadrians identify the Survivor with the Sovereign?
I cannot imagine Harmony forbidding his priests from teaching knowledge about the Words of the Founding. He is too much of a scholar for censorhip to appeal to him.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Will the Path and Survivorism send missionaries?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

And how about the reverse? Will native Scadrians identify the Survivor with the Sovereign?

That could be much more complicated.  Although the media frenzy around a survivor sighting is going to be huge.

Pathians have Missionaries but no formal clergy, since they discourage formalized worship.  But I assume there will be some back and forth with all aspect of the two cultures, including religion.  How much foothold each gets in the other will depend a lot on circumstances. 

I am interested to see what might happen when the South starts to have sightings of Marsh (assuming he hasnt visited them regularly before)