nbozb

Hi!

22 posts in this topic

I guess I'm here now! I'm currently making my way through Stormlight (I'm on Oathbringer). 

Hi!

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your favorite character?

Welcome! Have you read any other of his books?

Welcome to the Shard, careful so you don't get spoiled (don't go to The Stormlight Archive forums till you're done) 

Welcome to the Shard! Who is your favorite character and magic system and why?

On 4/17/2020 at 0:47 PM, Failsafe said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your favorite character?

Hi! That's a very hard question. I just finished Warbreaker and I love Lightsong, but my favorite storyline was Vivenna's. I'd say that my all time favorite characters in the Cosmere are Kaladin and Vin. What about you?

Edited by nbozb

On 4/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, Experience said:

Welcome! Have you read any other of his books?

Hi! Yes, I have. I've read the Rithimist, Skyward, Mistborn Era 1, Elantris, and most recently, Warbreaker. What's your favorite book by Sanderson?

On 4/17/2020 at 8:00 PM, R J said:

Welcome to the Shard, careful so you don't get spoiled (don't go to The Stormlight Archive forums till you're done) 

Hi! Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid that section. What's your favorite character arc in the Cosmere?

On 4/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, GoWibble said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who is your favorite character and magic system and why?

Hi! The first question is a very hard pick. I'd have to go with Kaladin and Vin though. My favorite magic system is Allomancy (though Hemalurgy is very, uh, interesting). Which of Sanderson's magic systems do you want to use the most?

7 minutes ago, nbozb said:

What's your favorite character arc in the Cosmere?

We haven't really seen a lot of character arcs that feel all that completed to me :lol: Ask me again when book 5 is out

19 minutes ago, nbozb said:

Hi! Yes, I have. I've read the Rithimist, Skyward, Mistborn Era 1, Elantris, and most recently, Warbreaker. What's your favorite book by Sanderson?

Something makes me think you like the word hi. ^_^

My favorite, I don't know. I think that they are all very well done. I really like stormlight cause you know... it's stormlight. I guess way of kings? 

7 hours ago, nbozb said:

Hi! That's a very hard question. I just finished Warbreaker and I love Lightsong, but my favorite storyline was Vivenna's. I'd say that my all time favorite characters in the Cosmere are Kaladin and Vin. What about you?

Those are all great, but I think Renarin is my all time favorite. I also have a soft spot for Raoden and Steris. 

16 hours ago, Failsafe said:

Those are all great, but I think Renarin is my all time favorite. I also have a soft spot for Raoden and Steris. 

I love Raoden! I think he's absolutely awesome. I haven't met Steris or Renerin that much yet, but when I reach those books, I'm sure I'll love them. They seem awesome. What about them makes them your favorite characters?

23 hours ago, Experience said:

Something makes me think you like the word hi. ^_^

My favorite, I don't know. I think that they are all very well done. I really like stormlight cause you know... it's stormlight. I guess way of kings? 

What made you guess? :D

I remember looking at Way of Kings in my class library. It was such a big book that I was terrified to get into it, but at the same time, I really wanted to. After I checked it out, it sat on my bookshelf for the longest time, until I made myself pick it up. I was hooked from the first chapter. Did you have a Way of Kings story?

23 hours ago, R J said:

We haven't really seen a lot of character arcs that feel all that completed to me :lol: Ask me again when book 5 is out

I will! What character arc do you feel has the most potential, then?

hi, @nbozb, welcome to the Shard! In future, try to avoid double-posting
(I don't really know why, but that's the rule):P

1 minute ago, Emi said:

hi, @nbozb, welcome to the Shard! In future, try to avoid double-posting
(I don't really know why, but that's the rule):P

Hi! Are you talking about the other copy of the introduction post I made? Sorry about that, lol. I couldn't figure out how anything worked on here. I'll definitely avoid in the future! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, nbozb said:

Hi! Are you talking about the other copy of the introduction post I made? Sorry about that, lol. I couldn't figure out how anything worked on here. I'll definitely avoid in the future! Thanks!

Oh, sorry, no, I meant content or whatever do you call it:blink:

8 minutes ago, Emi said:

Oh, sorry, no, I meant content or whatever do you call it:blink:

Maybe posts? The admins prefer if you don't do multiple posts in a row.

23 minutes ago, nbozb said:

What made you guess? :D

I remember looking at Way of Kings in my class library. It was such a big book that I was terrified to get into it, but at the same time, I really wanted to. After I checked it out, it sat on my bookshelf for the longest time, until I made myself pick it up. I was hooked from the first chapter. Did you have a Way of Kings story?

I don't really remember when I first read Way of Kings:P Umm... I don't think I did, but yes I think it's very good from the very start.

24 minutes ago, nbozb said:

I love Raoden! I think he's absolutely awesome. I haven't met Steris or Renerin that much yet, but when I reach those books, I'm sure I'll love them. They seem awesome. What about them makes them your favorite characters?

I think I just have a thing for wholesome nerdy characters in general. Renarin doesn't get a ton of screentime, so pay attention to him, because I think he'll end up being the coolest character in the series. 

6 hours ago, nbozb said:

I will! What character arc do you feel has the most potential, then?

Shalash

On 5/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, nbozb said:

Hi! The first question is a very hard pick. I'd have to go with Kaladin and Vin though. My favorite magic system is Allomancy (though Hemalurgy is very, uh, interesting). Which of Sanderson's magic systems do you want to use the most?

I would say... Either Scadrial's, Roshar's, or Taldain's. and for non cosmere, either The Reckoners or the Rithmatist