Does Vasher (or, by extension, any of the other Five Scholars) know [REDACTED]

Staenbridge

Question

As of the Stormlight books, it seems likely that all four of the other Scholars are dead by Vasher's hand — or at least, he's chipped in and done his bit. Certainly, Shashara, Denth, and Arsteel were killed by him. Regardless of that, all five of them lived for quite a while, especially compared to the other Returned. And yet, none of them (that we know of) gave up their Divine Breath. This begs many questions but I would prefer to start with perhaps the most obvious of them: do they know yet why they took Endowment up on her offer?

6 answers to this question

As far as I know, none of them knows why they chose to return.

Some speculate Shashara returned to create Nightblood, and Vasher returned to do something on Roshar (since he's a character in the Way of Kings prime), but there is a Shardcast on the Five scholars where they go into more details, if you're interested.

Also, Vasher did kill all the others, except Yesteel, who's said to be "specially sneaky", what ever that means.

Edited by flaemy

27 minutes ago, flaemy said:

Also, Vasher did kill all the others, except Yesteel, who's said to be "specially sneaky", what ever that means.

That's what I was referring to. He killed Denth, Shashara, and Arsteel but the jury's still out on Yesteel, other than that loose end presumably being tied up after Vasher and Vivenna head off at the end of Warbreaker. 

30 minutes ago, flaemy said:

(since he's a character in the Way of Kings prime)

Uh... I hate to have to tell you like this, but he's a character in the Way of Kings release, as well as Words of Radiance and Oathbringer. 

Jokes aside though, thanks for the quick answer, even if it's just "we don't really know". 

7 minutes ago, Staenbridge said:

Uh... I hate to have to tell you like this, but he's a character in the Way of Kings release, as well as Words of Radiance and Oathbringer

Ohh yes yes, I'm aware.

What I meant is that Brandon thought of him before(?) he wrote Warbreaker, and so his role in the Stormlight Archive is more relevant than what he had to do in Warbreaker.

1 hour ago, flaemy said:

I bet that since Breath is physical it can be commanded to do something like Lightweaving or the Elantris form.

Just enough to slightly alter your looks

Edited by Eternal Khol

20 minutes ago, flaemy said:

What I meant is that Brandon thought of him before(?) he wrote Warbreaker, and so his role in the Stormlight Archive is more relevant than what he had to do in Warbreaker.

Ah fair enough.