Shadesmar, Water and Inverted Land

Myuken

Question

Land and Sea are inverted on Shadesmar, each thing on land has its corresponding bead in Shadesmar and land correspond to the sea. That's just what we've seen but do we knowwhy water bodies are landmasses in Shadesmar ? So if anyone has any answers to it I'm interested. I have a few hypothesis but no proof to go in any directions.

Is this because they are perceived as a single entity and as such represented by a single bead whose size is negligible compared to its physical size ? In such case why would it be replaced by some land and not a lack of beads ?

Is it a propriety of Water ? Is there no water beads, is this why it is Blood and not Water Soulcasting ?

In any cases what would there be in Shadesmar at the corresponding location of a known underground lake ?

4 answers to this question

From my understanding, there is land in shadesmar where there is land in the real world. It is simply covered in all of the souls of thing and organisms from the physical realm to the point where it seems like an ocean of beads. Anybody can correct me if I am wrong, though. I am not 100% sure on this.

2 hours ago, jamoliso said:

It is simply covered in all of the souls of thing and organisms from the physical realm to the point where it seems like an ocean of beads

The ocean in shadesmar has a bottom. 

I think it has something to do with how large bodies of water are seen as single entities by most people.

10 hours ago, Karger said:

I think it has something to do with how large bodies of water are seen as single entities by most people.

So we're going for a single bead for a sea and as such there is not enough beads in the sea to hide the ground. Would that mean that Shadesmar ground is really malleable and is lowered by the "weight" of the beads in other areas ? Else why would the ground be lower in Shadesmar's ocean ?

2 hours ago, Myuken said:

such there is not enough beads in the sea to hide the ground. Would that mean that Shadesmar ground is really malleable and is lowered by the "weight" of the beads in other areas ? Else why would the ground be lower in Shadesmar's ocean ?

Shadesmar also has mountains.  We don't yet know what causes the height to change.