School and Stuff During all This

Merlin

*sigh* Has anyone else totally let their grades and schoolwork go to seed? I just found out school in my state is totally canceled for the rest of the year, (no fun graduation for me!) so I now have, like, zero motivation for doing anything, since state testing is also canceled. Has anyone done that, or is it just me feeling utterly hopeless that they can scrape a passing grade this year?

1 hour ago, FantasyFanitic said:

Well, I'm homeschooled so that change hasn't been bad for me.

I was homeschooled back before I graduated. I wonder how this is going to shape the perception of us homeschoolers around the United States? 

@Merlin I just lost all my motivation the week after Online school.  I feel like right now I keep telling myself: It's all right as long as I'm passing.  Do any of you feel like your teachers have assigned you way more work than before?  Also, kudos to all the teachers out there who are sticking through this.  Anyway, I'm dead inside.

On 4/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, Experience said:

Ya, I'm starting to feel like Kaladin. Life was going so nicely, then BAM. Covid-19. 

My year in a nutshell.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, Aragorn said:

@Merlin I just lost all my motivation the week after Online school.  I feel like right now I keep telling myself: It's all right as long as I'm passing.  Do any of you feel like your teachers have assigned you way more work than before?  Also, kudos to all the teachers out there who are sticking through this.  Anyway, I'm dead inside.

I’m getting around the same amount of work, but for some reason it became way less manageable when online school began. I have very little motivation right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else taking AP tests? I'm taking three and oh boy it's gonna be crazy. AP language has been reduced to one rhetorical analysis essay (which is the type I'm worst at), AP US history is one reduced document-based question (thankfully fairly easy), and BC Calculus is two free-response questions. I was banking on multiple choice to get my score up, because my understanding of calculus is zero. :)

Anyway, the tests are online and 45 minutes each. They are also open note, which I think is strange. Just because we're at home we can use our notes?? I feel like that will make the history essay much easier, as you don't feel pressured to memorize EVERYTHING, just have a list of important historic events. I also wonder how they will detect plagiarism or cheating, since there isn't an administrator to supervise the students as they take the test.

What do you guys think about the 2020 AP test format? Idk if anyone will even read this, but I just wanted to put some of my thoughts down.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at the admin office of a charter school and am currently helping one of the IT guys unload COWs, computers on wheels to move them between classrooms, and one thing I can’t figure out is why the laptops make our hands feel waxy after touching a few of them and I mean waxy like handling a giant box of crayons and letting them melt in your hands.

11 hours ago, McWafy said:

School ends on the 15th form me! (only if I get all my work turned in) Can't wait for summer vacation! :):D

Really? For me ends normally, which means 26th of June I think. And I hope that during vacations we will be able to go  abroad.

My school is going back to normal next week, which is completely stupid (I'm totally not biased). They say everyone will wear a mask, but I doubt it, and even one person without one is a risk. Hopefully once there will be an outbreak, the government will stop it, but it will probably take a while.

Or I'm completely wrong and things will be fine, since there were no new outbreaks in my city for a while..............I really hope I'm wrong.

Edited by The_Archivist

I feel like we're at the point where everyone's super done with all of this, but we still attempt to be careful. I just found the pool at my rec center is opening in a couple of weeks, but they take our temperature at the door. I'm going no matter what!