Python Knight Radiant Quiz

Chiberty

Results  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What order did the quiz guess you would be?

https://repl.it/@ChickenLiberty/KRQuiz

This is just my own attempt at making a quiz like this. Since it's just a python program, I can easily edit it if new books change our understanding of the Orders. If you don't think you're result is accurate, tell me, and I'll alter the quiz if it appears certain Orders are consistently inaccurate. The "certainty" thing is somewhat arbitrary; I just fit the results to some curve that represents the other data to an extent.

My descriptions of the orders aren't very good, but oh well.

Edited by ChickenLiberty

Oh, are you learning Python? That's nice, It was my first language 

Edit: This was my result, as I expected

91.6 % certainty for Elsecaller or Willshaper

Elsecallers are the seventh order of the Knights Radiant, and they have a focus on doing what is logical. They are known to be very wise, and they try to consider all of their options.
    Willshapers are the eighth order of the Knights Radiant, and they have a focus on experiencing new things. They are known to be very adventurous, and they seek to have an impact on the world.

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

2 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

The formatting is rough, do I need to do it on a computer?

I've noticed that. It doesn't need to be done on a computer, but sometimes mobile will type something twice.

@Djerf, if you have in suggestions (different questions, different answers, etc.), feel free to share, as it's not very hard for me to change the test. I set it up in a way where I can just add an extra answer or question without any hassle.

Edited by ChickenLiberty

I got edgedancer, which I did not expect. There were a lot of questions about feelings and such, and how important they are. I think that your program interpreted my answers as me being an edgedancer because of that.

Also, if you are learning Python right now, maybe as a second project try to make this with some GUI. I like the pygame library, it's quite simple and you can make some pretty fun things in it.

11 minutes ago, Gderu said:

I got edgedancer, which I did not expect. There were a lot of questions about feelings and such, and how important they are. I think that your program interpreted my answers as me being an edgedancer because of that.

Yeah, I ran some analysis on the possible results, and the quiz does have a slight bias to choose Edgedancer. I was aware of this, and if it seems to be a recurring issue, I can apply a weight to each of the Orders in an attempt to counteract this, unless you have any suggestions of questions that help discern between Edgedancers and the others.

2 hours ago, Ciridae said:

Very nice quiz, got over 90% Willshaper which I’m very happy with. :D

I’m not sure how difficult it would be to do this, but is there a way to see to what degree you match the other orders? 

I could make it do this, but there are certain things that would make it strange; it is possible to get a negative score on an Order. When I take the quiz, I get about 98% certainty for Skybreaker, but only about 46% of the points I get are Skybreaker points. Negative 13% are Lightweaver points. Even if you are a very Willshaper-oriented person, chances are that less than 50% of your points are what I assigned to Willshapers.

In your case, scoring a 90% certainty for Willshaper doesn't mean that you chose 90% Willshaper answers; it means that if I saw 10 people that gave your answer choices, I'd expect 9 of them to be Willshaper-type people. It's similar, but it was a way that I was trying to make the way I assigned points to certain answers have less effect on the guess. It makes it so that even if I have a faulty view on the Order you'd be a part of, the quiz is still likely to guess that Order, as long as I have an accurate view on most of the Orders. (Although it has been pointed out above that Edgedancer in particular is more likely to be guessed)

In summary, it wouldn't be difficult to do, but it would not be what you expect. If you want, type "kr" after you take the quiz, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

General Notes:

I really liked the first 3 "how do you interpret this" questions. Good job!

The jewelry one needs more option.  I would have gone "the more expensive the harder I try to return it."

I very much agree with the results. 91.2% Elsecaller. Here's how it played out.

1. How should this be interpreted? "Life before death."

Live your life to its fullest

2. How should this be interpreted? "Strength before weakness."

Your strengths matter more than your weaknesses

3. How should this be interpreted? "Journey before destination."

We must continually search for what is right

4. How much do you want to change the world?

I want it to be completely changed for the better

5. Which one of these is better to focus on

Trying to grow and learn

6. You hear someone spreading hurtful information about a friend of yours. You...

Try to find out how true the information is

7. You see a piece of jewelry on the ground, and nobody else is around. You...

Sell it

8. Which would be worse to lose?

Credibility

9. Which is more important?

Consistensy

10. Which quote fits you the best?

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.

Suggestions: More of the situation questions, maybe more of the quote ones too. I'll edit with specific suggestions.

Edit: The pokemon mystery dungeon "what kind of pokemon are you?" are a goldmine if your ok with sillier questions.

Edit 2: Dang this post is getting long. I pulled out the questions that will translate to SA best. I don't know how the quiz is set up, but I think points to different natures can pretty easily be changed to orders.

Screenshot_20200417-125842_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125823_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125454_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125613_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125506_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122336_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125631_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122750_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125520_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125650_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122901_Chrome.jpg

20200417_122511.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125537_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122703_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122939_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125806_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125553_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122713_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125720_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125352_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-122729_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200417-125428_Chrome.jpg

Question 1

1. Edgedancer, Windrunner 2. Truthwatcher, Elsecaller 3. Willshaper 

Question 2

1. Edgedancer, Willshaper 2. Elsecaller, Stoneward 3. Bondsmith, Truthwatcher

Question 3

I am so passionately the second answer I don't feel qualified to divide this into orders. Also "the spanreed is flashing!"

Question 4

1. Truthwatcher, Lightweaver 2. Windrunner, Stoneward 3. Dustbringer

Question 5

1. Windrunner, Stonewards, Elsecaller, Bondsmiths 2. Lightweaver, Willshapers, Edgedancers 3. ???

Question 6

1. Lightweaver 2.Bondsmith, Stoneward, Windrunner, Skybreaker3. Elsecaller, Edgedancer

Question 7

1. Elsecaller, Dustbringer, Skybreaker 2. Bondsmith, Stoneward, Windrunner 3. Lightweaver, Truthwatcher, Willshaper

Question 8

1. Bondsmith, Elsecaller, Skybreaker2. Lightweaver 3. Windrunner 4. Willshaper

Question 9

1. Bondsmith 2. Dustbringer 3. Edgedancer

Question 10

1. Windrunner, Bondsmith 2. Dustbinger, Lightweaver

Question 11

1. Bondsmith, Windrunner, Stoneward, Edgedancer 2. Lightweaver, Elsecaller, Dustbringer

Question 12

1. Bondsmith, Skybreaker 2. Willshaper

Question 13

Again passionately a yes, someone else divide it.

Question 14

1. Windrunner, Elsecaller 2. Edgedancer, Truthwatcher

Question 15

1. Bondsmith, Stoneward, Elsecaller 2.Edgedancer, Lightweaver

Question 17

Same old, same old, someone else do it

Question 18

1. Edgedancer, Lightweaver 2. Stoneward, Willshsaper 3. Elsecaller

Question 19

1. Windrunner, Skybreaker, Edgedancer, Dustbringer 2. ??? 3. Elsecaller, Lightweaver 

Question 20

1. Willshaper, Dustbringer 2. Elsecaller, Stoneward, Skybreaker 3.Bondsmith, Windrunner Edgedancer

Question 21

1. Elsecaller, Bondsmith, Skybreaker 2. Windrunner, Lightweaver 3. Dustbringer

Question 22

1. Edgedancer, Lightweaver, Willshaper 2. Elsecaller, Bondsmith 3. ???

Question 23

In hindsight not a great Radiant question

Question 24

1. Windrunner, Edgedancer, Skybreaker, Bondsmith 2. ??? 3. Elsecaller 4. ???

Edited by Elsecaller_17.5
Yes, I know its excessive but I got nothing better to do.

87.6 % certainty for Willshaper

Willshapers are the eighth order of the Knights Radiant, and they have a focus on experiencing new things. They are known to be very adventurous, and they seek to have an impact on the world.

Not exactly the one I thought I might get. However, I can see how it does fit me. 

12 hours ago, Vambram said:

87.6 % certainty for Willshaper

Not exactly the one I thought I might get. However, I can see how it does fit me. 

I answered 3 questions a little differently this time. I was not half asleep now as I was about 12 hours ago. 

I truly do feel like this result fits me better. I believe that I'm a lot more like a Windrunner than I am a Willshaper.

81.8 % certainty for Windrunner

Windrunners are the first order of the Knights Radiant, and they have a focus on protecting others. They are known to be strong leaders, and they strive to be honorable in all they do.

EXPERIMENTAL (corrective weighting applied):
83.0 % certainty for Windrunner

@Elsecaller_17.5, thanks for all the suggestions. As you mentioned about the jewelry question, scenario questions are often the most lacking in accurate answer choices. Having seen a bunch of personality quizzes, I was wary of that while I was making this quiz, but I wanted to include a couple like that for the variety. I tried to pick scenario questions that left few options available, but, as you pointed out, the most common answer to those types of questions is that "it depends." Sadly, the same problem will come up with those questions that you suggested. I would add a "depends" answer choice, but so many people would choose it that it wouldn't give any meaningful information. If you have any ideas on how to reword the jewelry question in a way that would remove the need for a "depends" option, please share.

I will definitely consider adding more quote questions. Do you have any quotes in mind that each apply to a couple of Orders?

Also, as a general note, does anyone have any suggestions for questions that would be good for distinguishing Edgdancers from non-Edgedancers? I had found a 3% bias to Edgedancers in the quiz, but the poll above shows over a 10% bias when people are added to the equation (since ideally, each order would get about 10% of people, but Edgedancer, right now, has over 20% of the responses in the poll). Of course, a bias is expected, but a previous "which order would you be in" thread indicates that the bias should be more towards Elsecallers.

Edited by ChickenLiberty

I redid the quiz with a different mindset and this time I got 81% for egdedancer or elsecaller, corrective value gave me 95% for those and windrunner or truthwatcher. 

One way to refine the quiz I think is to give us branching options. For example I take the jewelry, but why? or is there scenarios where I wouldn't?

And the first oath. in many ways the lines inform each other,  the first line is a statement and the second line can be a statement while also defining first line and the last line defines both line one and two while also working as a statement. 

Life before death, strength before weakness becomes rather sinister without journey before destination. Kaladin or Teft, I think it is, muses on this in the first book where he quotes the oath one line at a time and wonder what they mean and how they doesn't mean anything, 'of course life comes before death'.

Maybe you can end the quiz with some obvious questions like what role would you want to fulfill on the battlefield, give them some wheight and make the option to factor them in or not. This works both in world and for us, szeth got to choose his order, sort of, and we all have different views of each order and how we would fit in.

In the end I don't know much about quizzes, and we are not aiming for scientific precision so when in doubt just go for whatever options is more fun.