Do you play Bedrock or Java?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Bedrock or Java?

• Java
    • Bedrock

Welcome to the Minecraft fan club! Our membership requirements are simple:

1. You must like Minecraft

2. You must play Minecraft

3. You must play on Java, Bedrock is not truly Minecraft.

You get bonus points for having beaten the Enderdragon and/or the Wither, and making awesome redstone machines and farms.

Now, for those of you who don't play Minecraft and are wanting in on it, here is an advisory list and starting guide:

There are two editions of Minecraft: Bedrock and Java. Bedrock is the edition that used to be called pocket edition, or windows ten edition. Java is the original, the secretly inferior best edition. Java is available only on the computer, while Bedrock is available and compatible across PC, iOS, Android, X-box one, gear VR, Playstation 4, and Nintendo switch.

Here are some of the advantages that Java and Bedrock have over each other:

Bedrock:

Spoiler

Far less lag.

cross-platform compatibility.

easier to-learn redstone.

built-in addon API. (Built in modding).

arguably better combat mechanics.

Java:

Spoiler

Redstone capablilities are far superior, although harder to learn.

Better modding, although it is not regulated, and comes with dangers of viruses.

Better spawning, making mob farms way better than Bedrock. (Bedrock's spawning mechanics are going to be fixed in the next major update.)

Better villager mechanics. (This is planned to be fixed, and Java and Bedrock villager mechanics will probably be equalized.)

Arguably better combat mechanics.

Better servers, such as Hypixel.

Nostalgia.

Edited by Nameless

On 4/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Invocation said:

I play a fair amount of Minecraft, and have since it was released. 

Welcome to the club!

4 hours ago, Feruchemical Bowser said:

I play a decent amount of Minecraft, can I join?

Yes you can! Do you play Java or Bedrock?

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

I have no idea what type I play, and I’m bad at everything, but I enjoy It! 

If you play on anything besides the computer, you're on Bedrock. If you play on the computer, then just look at the starting screen. If it just says "Minecraft" then you're on Bedrock. If it says "Minecraft Java edition" then you're on Java.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:50 AM, Nameless said:

Cool! I've never played modded before. What mods have you been playing?

Took me a while to respond to this, but mostly various modpacks with too many mods to list. My favorites are Thaumcraft, Botania, and a conglomeration of various tech mods that make automation fun.

7 hours ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Sorry for the double post but I actually run a small java server, it's whitelisted but if anyone here is interested in playing on it we'd love to have you!! 

Hmm. I might be interested? Honestly chances are that I would play for a couple days then get bored and move on, but you never know! My username is kidpen if you want to whitelist me and post the IP! Is it just, like, a survival hangout server?

On 4/19/2020 at 8:17 PM, The Forgetful Archivist said:

Sorry for the double post but I actually run a small java server, it's whitelisted but if anyone here is interested in playing on it we'd love to have you!! 

I have been dying for a standard survival server with out the stupid amount of plugins that most have these days Gamertag's: _DarkGuy_ please let me know when I can get in and don't question when I build a storehouse for items that I reserve for Brandon if he's ever interested.

Edited by Frustration

I just finished with some Minecraft. I use an extensive set of mods on somewhat of a rotation. Java, of course. 1.12.2. There are tons of tiny mods that improve things, but for the larger ones I suggest 1) Blood Magic with Animus and Blood Arsenal. 2) Electroblob's Wizardery (with addon spells). 3) Atum. 4) Dungeontactics 5) Thaumcraft 6 with everything except Thaumic potatoes. 6) ProjectE (slightly OP) 7) Tinker's Construct with Tinker's Armory. 8) Botania is pretty decent too. 

If you're going back to 1.7.10 then Thaumcraft 4 is still good, but Blood Magic isn't as great. Ars Magica becomes an option, and Draconic Evolution and EnderIO are (IMO) better. 

Other than that be sure to grab NEI, JEI, HWYLA/WAWLA, WAILA Harvestability, betterbedrockgen, veinminer, journeymap, infinitefluids, Engineers Workshop (Reborn), Baubles, Clumps, Appleskin, Uncrafting table, and capsule. 

Curseforge is my source for all of these. If anybody's interested I can try to add a zip file.