I've read where some people in Hollywood think that the movie theaters will never re-open - - that all movies will just be released for people to watch at home. And if that's actually the case, the rating maybe isn't as important to them? I mean, how are they going to enforce an age limit in people's houses? I wouldn't see an R-rated Marvel film either, so I totally agree with all of you.

1 hour ago, Iarwainiel said:

I've read where some people in Hollywood think that the movie theaters will never re-open - - that all movies will just be released for people to watch at home. And if that's actually the case, the rating maybe isn't as important to them? I mean, how are they going to enforce an age limit in people's houses? I wouldn't see an R-rated Marvel film either, so I totally agree with all of you.

That would be odd, but I don't think it would cause much of a change in my life.

14 hours ago, Experience said:

But for some reason they think more would watch because of that.

From what I've heard, there have been very few R-rated superhero movies considered. Deadpool of course (which causes Disney no small amount of consternation, since R-rated movies aren't their brand) and Doctor Strange 2, since the original director wanted it to be a horror movie. Disney wasn't happy with that, and they split over "creative differences."  New Mutants was also in that category, but I haven't kept a close eye on it. Venom, Carnage, and Punisher are the other three that would probably qualify, but Disney has no control over the first two and recently wrapped up Punisher's Netflix show. 

Other than those, I haven't seen that much of a desire for an R-rated Marvel movie.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

From what I've heard, there have been very few R-rated superhero movies considered. Deadpool of course (which causes Disney no small amount of consternation, since R-rated movies aren't their brand) and Doctor Strange 2, since the original director wanted it to be a horror movie. Disney wasn't happy with that, and they split over "creative differences."  New Mutants was also in that category, but I haven't kept a close eye on it. Venom, Carnage, and Punisher are the other three that would probably qualify, but Disney has no control over the first two and recently wrapped up Punisher's Netflix show. 

Other than those, I haven't seen that much of a desire for an R-rated Marvel movie.

Good! Thanks, Use the Falchion!

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

That would be odd, but I don't think it would cause much of a change in my life.

Agree. That being said, I'm very glad that I was able to see "Endgame" in the theater, with a crowd of people who were just as engaged in it as I was. Same for "Black Panther" - I'll never forget the experience of seeing that for the first time (too long of a story to share here). We live in interesting times!

Just now, Iarwainiel said:

Agree. That being said, I'm very glad that I was able to see "Endgame" in the theater, with a crowd of people who were just as engaged in it as I was. Same for "Black Panther" - I'll never forget the experience of seeing that for the first time (too long of a story to share here). We live in interesting times!

My dad watched Endgame for the first time late at night and apparently there was no one else in the theater, so he yelled at the exciting parts. :)

On 10/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, Condensation said:

My dad watched Endgame for the first time late at night and apparently there was no one else in the theater, so he yelled at the exciting parts. :)

A true fan! :D

I yelled "Yibambe" along with the Wakandan army every time I saw it in the theater - I told my friends to expect it & I didn't care if they were embarrassed (they weren't).

1 hour ago, Iarwainiel said:

A true fan! :D

I yelled "Yibambe" along with the Wakandan army every time I saw it in the theater - I told my friends to expect it & I didn't care if they were embarrassed (they weren't).

Oh my gosh, it was like one at the best part (you know, that one? I knew it!) and I was at home, with my 3 younger siblings sleeping upstairs and I screamed. Yes!

I still think Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, and Avengers OG were the best MCU movies, gotta say.

I've read some of the comics, but not as many as I'd like. My library had like, the first four issues of a bunch of series and nothing after that, but that's enough for me to really want to see Ms. Marvel in the movies, and a PG-13 Deadpool, because honestly I think he'd be better like that anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The actor of Spider-Man 2's Doc Oc is revising his role for Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3, and theories of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield reprising their roles are now full fledged rumors. Personally, as much as I'd love to see all three Spider-Men in a movie together, I think it'd be just as impactful to have Tobey cast as Uncle Ben and Andrew cast as Richard Parker (aka Peter's dad). Either way, if these are true, how will you feel about them?

https://collider.com/spider-man-3-cast-doc-ock-alfred-molina-andrew-garfield/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-the-multiverse-can-reshape-marvel

13 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

The actor of Spider-Man 2's Doc Oc is revising his role for Tom Holland's Spider-Man 3, and theories of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield reprising their roles are now full fledged rumors. Personally, as much as I'd love to see all three Spider-Men in a movie together, I think it'd be just as impactful to have Tobey cast as Uncle Ben and Andrew cast as Richard Parker (aka Peter's dad). Either way, if these are true, how will you feel about them?

https://collider.com/spider-man-3-cast-doc-ock-alfred-molina-andrew-garfield/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/how-the-multiverse-can-reshape-marvel

I would probably yell "boooo!" in the movie theatre. We all ready have a successful Spider-verse franchise, it does not need to be live action. 

Also, it could be that studios realized you can't improve on the casting of Doc Oc, like how you can't improve on J K Simmons as Jameson, so you might as well get them because they are the best for the job. 

And in more Marvel news (we should be getting a LOT more info tomorrow via the Shareholder's Meeting), Charlie Cox aka Netflix's Daredevil may be in Spider-Man 3, or at least introduced in the MCU proper. No word on whether or now Vincent's Kingpin will join him, but here's to hoping!

Charlie Cox is Back as Daredevil in 'SPIDER-MAN 3' - Murphy's Multiverse -

I am also iffy on the Spider-Verse thing. I am in general not a fan of several versions of the same character (unless that is the sole basis of the story, like it was in Into the Spider-Verse). So I would rather see a movie dealing with Peter having to hide after the events of Far From Home, than him discovering two other Peter Parkers. But it will be interesting to see wether they pull it off, and how they are going to do it. 

Foxx and Molina returning is cool though. I don't really have a relationship to Spider-Man 2 or Molinas take on Octopus, but it is interesting nonetheless. I only hope that they bring back Gyllenhaal as Beck, since he is without a doubt my favorite Spidey-villain on film (and he was way to clever to go out like he did). 

Much more interesting to me is the fact that Hailee Steinfeld is finally without a doubt confirmed as Kate Bishop in Hawkeyes tv-show, which I am incredibly excited for (that, along with Eternals, Falcon & Winter Soldier, and Loki are my most anticipated MCU-projects at the moment). 

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Anyone else notice the insane amount of trailer drops today?

I just got back from where I was, and am going to watch them! 

Here's a list of all of the updates from Reddit:

Disney Investor Day - Webcast Discussion (Dec 10th 1:30PT) : marvelstudios (reddit.com)

Now, onto the controversial topic - Chadwick Boseman. Marvel has decided not to recast him. I understand and respect that decision, but I also wholeheartedly disagree with it. Keeping the role uncast deprives black youths (and youths of all ethnicities) a role-model. It's stopping progress on the road Chadwick worked so hard to build. It's immortalizing him without immortalizing what he stood for. We can have Shuri take over as the Black Panther and still have T'Challa as a king. The two aren't mutually exclusive. But Disney made their choice, and I'll respect it. 

Oh, so that's why there were so many drops...

I kind of wish they had recast T'Challa too.  I don't have anything else to say about that, mostly because I have no idea how that is going to play out.

As for the stuff in the trailers, I have no idea what's going on with the Loki show.  What even was that?  Gotta admit, I'm interested - it looks like he might be a bit more of a villain in this?  Of course, trailers can be misleading. 

WandaVision - again, I can't figure out what's happening there.  I know it's based off of a comic run, but I know nothing about it.  Looks like she's made herself a world where Vision is there? 

What If? looks good - I did legit think Bucky was Kaladin for a moment, which was funny to me.  (Zombie Steve... brrrrr)  And as a fan of Peggy, I want to see this.  I really want to see this.  (Also, why does there have to be punctuation in the title?!) 

Finally, Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks awesome and funny, and I'm intrigued by the hints of the story.