Adonalsium'sSpren

What are the potentials of bloodsealing?

3 posts in this topic

I read the emperors soul and i am wondering if we know anything more about bloodsealing. (As an example) how are skeletals created?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Adonalsium'sSpren said:

I read the emperors soul and i am wondering if we know anything more about bloodsealing. (As an example) how are skeletals created?

blood sealing is extremely simler to forgery  in its form the nature of its effect comes from the seal a skeletal is basically sticking magic into a body and threw the shape of the seal telling it how to act animal bones also work but are less capable of following some orders and the onyt other real things we know about blood sealing is the ability to place a blood seal on an object which makes immune  to being effected by forgery  and the stamp used to place a blood seal doesnt have to be made from bone and we know blood sealing is very ritualistic but not all of these rituals are useful

Bluebar

Is there any requirement for how [a Bloodseal] is made, like location, like where the seal comes from?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there is some tradition tied to it, and that tradition is steeped in fact, but not all the traditions are necessary, if that makes sense. So they have more baggage to it than it actually needs, but some of the baggage has... Like the type of bone you're using, where you get the bone, and the location, and stuff is relevant, but some of the other things they put on it are not and also, it's not one hundred percent necessary.

Bluebar

So they think it might be necessary, but it's actually not?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, yes.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019)

Bluebar

Would animal bones work [for a skeletal]?

Brandon Sanderson

Animal bones can work and have been used before. They don't like them as much for various reasons. They're worse at following certain commands.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019)

Bluebar

So does a Bloodseal have to be carved from bone?

Brandon Sanderson

Doesn't have to be, but usually is for various reasons.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019) Edited by the cardinal of death

These are all the WoBs that we have on Bloodsealing:

https://wob.coppermind.net/adv_search/?query=bloodsealing+

Beyond that, I don't really have any solid theories on it, though its interesting to note how it interacts with other Investiture that also work with the remains of the human body, like the Kandra, Dakhor, Kalad's Phantoms