Ship It or Rip It?: The Forum Edition

I’m bringing back this poll because why not  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Hello!

• Hi!
    • Greetings.
    • Good day, how are you doing?
    • Mushroom soup

Round One is officially over! Both teams did a great job. Everyone will now have 24 hour to vote ship or rip on the poll in this thread. 

I’m kind of sad that the original poll has to be deleted now. Bye mushroom soup

7 hours ago, Destruction said:

@The Awakened Salad I would like to join in next game if that wouldn't be too much work for you.

Of course!

Edit: Well, the poll has decided to screw up. It should be working now, but it seems like it’ll have to be a seperate question for each round. That’s going to be one big poll. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

Yeah, what happens is that the thread changes the text, but not the votes that have already come in. What you have to do is completely delete the poll and save the thread as that, then go back into the editing and add a new question. Then people will be able to vote again. 

Well, Round One is officially over! Congratulations to @Mist and @Rosharan A.C. as Team Rip, you two will be moving onto the semifinals. Everyone made good points!

Round Two

The two teams facing off are:

@AonEne and @Sorana as Team Ship!

@CahiraCelosial and @The Last Post as Team Rip!

And the ship is... Shallan x Rashek! 

The 48 hours starts now!

So I figured I could start, give you some arguments to work with @AonEne

Thinking about this ship, I have to admit I see many reasons why it could work very well. Shallan is intelligent, observes the world and loves to delve deep into its secrets. Rashek on the other hand, is far from stupid himself, so that they are able to hold a longer conversation, both parties benefit from and find entertaining. They could learn from each other, broaden their horizon and see a world they never knew that it even existed.

Shallan evoled to be a self-confident, strong woman and I can easily see her stand up to him, or support him, depending on what is neccessary. With their knowledge and skills combined, the moment they work together, they are really, really dangerous for everybody who opposes them and I think, they should be able to reach nearly every goal they set themselves. They are both fighters, each in a different way, and they both are willing to sacrifice a lot for their believes and their loyalties.

I can see them clashing when it comes to methods, especially regarding government, but I doubt that this is a real hindrance. Despite the fact that Rashek has a far lower border than Shallan, they both fight with everything they have for what they believe and also for their people. I think they can understand each other in that regard, and they can find a better, an optimized way together none of them would be able to walk alone. Their experiences and the different types of cultures they come from offer them many different options and also gives them the chance to combine them into something new.

We don't know for sure how Radiant's age, so there is even a chance, that they could live for a long while next to each other, which is especially important, given Rashek's abilities.

And let's not forget the optical part. Shallan's and Rashek's hair colour compliment each other perfectly. Both have rather pale skin, and her colourfull cloths with look awesome next to his darker ones. He is tall enough, that Shallan is smaller, which is also a nice plus.

I'm so sorry, I completely forgot! Here it is, disregard this if necessary. This ship won't work. Shallan is so idealistic, there's no way that she'd actually fall for a cold blooded murderer like Rashek. She is also so optimistic, that would just kind of grate on Rashek's nerves.

Firstly, I want to say I am so sorry for not keeping up with this thread. Life decided to get hectic and I haven’t had time to get on the Shard until now. Unfortunately, I don’t anticipate things calming down for a while, so unless anyone wants to volunteer to run this, it’s probably going to have to end. I’m so sorry again, but it’s just not something I can run right now. 

I... don’t really know what to say. If anyone does want to run this, pm me or ask in this thread, and I’ll tell you how I work out everything, or I might post how to set up a tournament in my original post so that anyone can run one if they want to. I might not be able to get to it right away, but I will make sure to when I can.

Alternatively, I thought of another way this game could be played that doesn’t involve timed rounds. I already have a massive list of cosmere characters I was going to use for this thread, but I could post it in my original post and someone could copy and paste those names into a random teams generator, and post the first ship that comes up. The next poster then decides whether they ship it or rip it, then they post a ship. 

I’m really sorry again. As for the current round, did people still want to vote, even if it doesn’t get to go any further?

Edited by The Awakened Salad

All right, I think I’ll just go with the second option. It’ll allow more people to get involved as well. I’ll update the original post with the list of characters and the new rules, and also put it below. The list is made up of Cosmere characters, but feel free to add other Brandon characters too! 

Here are the updated rules:

Someone copies the below list of characters into a random team generator, then posts the first ship on the list here. The next person chooses whether they ship it or rip it, then provides a ship of their own using the same method.

The team generator I used was this one: https://commentpicker.com/team-generator.php

If you scroll down, there’s an option to generate teams by the number of people in each team, which is easier for this game since I don’t know how many characters are on the list, and therefore don’t know how many pairs will be generated. 

Character list:

Spoiler

Adien

Adolin

Adonalsium

Adrotagia 

Aesudan Kholin

Alendi 

Allik Neverfar

Allrianne Cett

Arclo

Ashertmarn

Ashravan

Ashweather Cett

Axies 

Ba-Ado-Mishram

Balat Davar

Beldre 

Blushweaver

Bluth 

Camon

Clod

Clubs (Cladent)

Dai-gonarthis 

Dalinar

Dedelin 

Demoux 

Dilaf 

Dockson 

Breeze (Edgard Ladrian)

Mister Suit (Edwarn Ladrian)

Elend

Elhokar

Eshonai 

Eventeo 

Evi

Galladon 

Gavilar 

Gaz 

Gemmel 

Glys 

Helaran Davar

Hoid

Hrathen 

Iadon 

Ialai Sadeas 

Ishar

Ishikk 

Ivory 

Iyatil 

Jasnah

Jewels

Jesrien 

Kabsal

Kaladin

Kalak 

KanPaar

Kelsier

Khrissalla

Leshwi 

Lift

Lin Davar

Lirin 

Liss

Llarimar

Lopen

Lukel 

Malata 

Malise

Marasi

Mare

Marsh

Mayalaran 

MeLaan

Moash

Moelach 

Mraize 

Nale

Navani 

Nazrilof 

Neragaoul 

Nightblood

Nightwatcher

Nohadon 

Lunamor (Rock)

Paalm 

Pattern

Quellion

Ranette 

Raoden 

Rashek

Re-Shephir

Reen

Renarin 

Roshone 

Rysn 

Sarene 

Sazed 

Shalash 

Shallan

Sigzil 

Silence 

Siri

Sja-anat 

Sixth of the Dusk

Spook

Lightsong 

Steris 

The Stormfather

Straff Venture

Stick

Susebron

Syl 

Szeth 

Taln

Taravangian 

TenSoon

Tien

Tonk Fah

Torol Sadeas 

Treledees

Tvlakv

Vasher 

Venli 

Human

Vin

Vivenna 

Wan ShaiLu

Wax

Wayne

Yelig-nar 

Zane

Honor

Odium 

Cultivation

Preservation 

Ruin

Autonomy

Devotion

Dominion

Ambition

I’ll start with the first ship: Vasher x Kelsier. Vashier? Kelsher?