Ship It or Rip It?: The Forum Edition

I’m bringing back this poll because why not  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Hello!

• Hi!
    • Greetings.
    • Good day, how are you doing?
    • Mushroom soup

Update: The rules for this game have been changed. Please see the post below for how to play.

Character list:

Spoiler

Adien

Adolin

Adonalsium

Adrotagia 

Aesudan Kholin

Alendi 

Allik Neverfar

Allrianne Cett

Arclo

Ashertmarn

Ashravan

Ashweather Cett

Axies 

Ba-Ado-Mishram

Balat Davar

Beldre 

Blushweaver

Bluth 

Camon

Clod

Clubs (Cladent)

Dai-gonarthis 

Dalinar

Dedelin 

Demoux 

Dilaf 

Dockson 

Breeze (Edgard Ladrian)

Mister Suit (Edwarn Ladrian)

Elend

Elhokar

Eshonai 

Eventeo 

Evi

Galladon 

Gavilar 

Gaz 

Gemmel 

Glys 

Helaran Davar

Hoid

Hrathen 

Iadon 

Ialai Sadeas 

Ishar

Ishikk 

Ivory 

Iyatil 

Jasnah

Jewels

Jesrien 

Kabsal

Kaladin

Kalak 

KanPaar

Kelsier

Khrissalla

Leshwi 

Lift

Lin Davar

Lirin 

Liss

Llarimar

Lopen

Lukel 

Malata 

Malise

Marasi

Mare

Marsh

Mayalaran 

MeLaan

Moash

Moelach 

Mraize 

Nale

Navani 

Nazrilof 

Neragaoul 

Nightblood

Nightwatcher

Nohadon 

Lunamor (Rock)

Paalm 

Pattern

Quellion

Ranette 

Raoden 

Rashek

Re-Shephir

Reen

Renarin 

Roshone 

Rysn 

Sarene 

Sazed 

Shalash 

Shallan

Sigzil 

Silence 

Siri

Sja-anat 

Sixth of the Dusk

Spook

Lightsong 

Steris 

The Stormfather

Straff Venture

Stick

Susebron

Syl 

Szeth 

Taln

Taravangian 

TenSoon

Tien

Tonk Fah

Torol Sadeas 

Treledees

Tvlakv

Vasher 

Venli 

Human

Vin

Vivenna 

Wan ShaiLu

Wax

Wayne

Yelig-nar 

Zane

Honor

Odium 

Cultivation

Preservation 

Ruin

Autonomy

Devotion

Dominion

Ambition

Original post:

Spoiler

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first attempt at creating a forum game! It's shamelessly stolen from inspired by the Shardcast episode (which you should go watch because it's hilarious! Coincidentally, episode two has been released recently). The basic idea is that there are two teams which are presented with a randomly generated ship, and one team has to argue for it and one against it. The winner is decided based on the teams' arguments (which will be done using the poll above). Also, thank you (again) to @AonEne for helping me turn this idea into an actual game.

How it works:

• This game will be played tournament style, with 16 people in total
  • There will be two people per team, and eight teams per tournament.
  • Once 16 people have signed up, everyone will be randomly assigned into teams, which I will announce. 
  • At the start of each round, I will announce which teams are facing off, whether they are for and against, and the ship they will be debating about (I'll use a random number generator to pick which characters are being shipped)
  • Each round goes for 48 hours, during which teams can post their arguments in this thread, and rebut the other team's points (feel free to coordinate stuff in PMs, but only what is in this thread will be judged).
  • At the end of the 48 hours, I'll put up an anonymous poll on this thread, where everyone can vote for who they think had the best arguments. 
  • After 24 hours, the team with the most votes is the winner, and moves onto the semifinals! (The semifinals will follow the same format, and the two winning teams then progress to the finals)
  • I will then announce which teams are participating in the next round.
  • At the end of the tournament, the winning team will receive a virtual slice of cake each and bragging rights!

Spoilers

Please try and avoid spoilers if you can. Accidentally getting spoiled is the worst. If you really feel like you need to include spoilers, remember to put them in a spoiler tag, and tell us exactly where the spoilers are from (for example, if you want to talk about something that happened in the ending of HoA, it’d be better to write Hero of Ages ending spoilers than simply Mistborn spoilers).

Also, just a reminder to follow the site rules and to always be respectful to others, especially if you’re facing them in a round. Remember, it’s not about attacking each other, it’s more of a friendly debate about the ship.

If you're interested, don't hesitate to sign up, and tag anyone you think might be interested! I'm also happy to answer questions, or talk about any suggestions you have. 

Current Participants

Edited by The Awakened Salad
This is either going to die straight away or go so fast that I’ll be too busy to manage it and it’ll die anyway

I am definitely joining! :D (Also, you’re welcome! Though you clearly did more turning it into a game than I did.) 

Is the cake a reference to what I think it is? 

(Hey Ash, I know you’re busy these days and might not be up for something timed, but this feels like your thing, so I’m gonna tag you @Ashspren

45 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

The original episode was Rip It or Ship It, but they changed the order for the second one :P

...I don’t see that? For me they’re both the same :huh: 

Also, two people didn’t say mushroom soup. They must perish. 

16 hours ago, AonEne said:

(Hey Ash, I know you’re busy these days and might not be up for something timed, but this feels like your thing, so I’m gonna tag you @Ashspren

Thanks for tagging me, Ene! Unfortunately, doing something timed would probably not be the best option for me right now, but best of luck (not that you’ll need it, Shipping Queen ;)).

14 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Thanks for tagging me, Ene! Unfortunately, doing something timed would probably not be the best option for me right now, but best of luck (not that you’ll need it, Shipping Queen ;)).

On 12/04/2020 at 5:18 AM, Dreamer said:

Edit: Sorry dude, I'm withdrawing

No worries! 

18 hours ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

I would like to join as well!

17 hours ago, Karger said:

I am up for this.  Especially if I get to be on the rip it side...<_<

6 hours ago, CahiraCelosial said:

Any more room? I'd like to join.

6 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

*may have one of the few who might have said hi*

I’ll take it as an omen. I’m in!