The 100,000th post wins!!!

5 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

Because LOTR QUOTES!

So everything that happens in LOTR you want to happen? because that sounds pretty dangerous.

And LOTR is lord of the rings right? I am asking because I just finished reading it but i now need to go back and reread it because I don't remember a lot of it.

Edited by spren of destruction

1 hour ago, The_Archivist said:

I mean, I tried, really I did, but it's so long winded and boring, I kept at it for days, but broke at Tom Bombadill. I mean WHAT.

1 hour ago, McWafy said:

Dido

*Angry muttering*  thie, sptue. YOU WHAT!!!!! How Dare you, at least quit on Two Towers that's actually hard to read, but Bombadil? What is wrong with you? Tom is literally the best thing to grace the face of a fantasy page ever! And if you haven't even read the books that put's you at a huge disadvantage to myself.

1 hour ago, spren of destruction said:

So everything that happens in LOTR you want to happen? because that sounds pretty dangerous.

And LOTR is lord of the rings right? I am asking because I just finished reading it but i now need to go back and reread it because I don't remember a lot of it.

I recommend re-reads, each time I understand more especially as I get older. I also recommend The Silmarilion as that will let you pick up on a lot of hidden references to the first age and such.

Edited by Frustration

26 minutes ago, Experience said:

Princess bride

new you were gonna respond (correctly) to that. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

*Angry muttering*  thie, sptue. YOU WHAT!!!!! How Dare you, at least quit on Two Towers that's actually hard to read, but Bombadil? What is wrong with you? Tom is literally the best thing to grace the face of a fantasy page ever! And if you haven't even read the books that put's you at a huge disadvantage to myself.

I'm sorry, I have been busy reading The Cosmere. Witch one would you rather me read? 

(granted I never attempted to read LOTR or Hobbit myself yet)

Edited by McWafy

Just now, McWafy said:

I'm sorry, I have been busy reading The Cosmere. Witch one would you rather me read? 

(granted I never attempted to read it myself)

HHhhhhmmmm.

Which Cosmere are we talking here? If you skipped Lotr for Warbreaker, war won't be the only thing broken. However if your trying to get Stormlight or Mistborn I'll give you leniency. Tolkien's legendarium is by far the most world-built setting ever and I love it for that but Sanderson is easier to read, so if your reading something good I'll let you make the call.

42 minutes ago, Frustration said:

HHhhhhmmmm.

Which Cosmere are we talking here? If you skipped Lotr for Warbreaker, war won't be the only thing broken. However if your trying to get Stormlight or Mistborn I'll give you leniency. Tolkien's legendarium is by far the most world-built setting ever and I love it for that but Sanderson is easier to read, so if your reading something good I'll let you make the call.

Well not warbreaker, I have't read that yet. Once I'm (start &) finish Stormlight, then I will most likely read Lotr. Or do you think I should read the Hobbit first?

4 minutes ago, McWafy said:

Well not warbreaker, I have't read that yet. Once I'm (start &) finish Stormlight, then I will most likely read Lotr. Or do you think I should read the Hobbit first?

Hobbit is definitely easier to read. And it's also good.

Edited by Experience

1 minute ago, McWafy said:

What do you guys think about the movies?

I haven't seen the Hobbit movies so I can't say.

Lotr movies gets a lot wrong but they are easier for younger audiences or for a first dip into Tolkien so, I have mixed feelings.

well I really actually really enjoy the movies! I have seen all the Hobbit movies and all the lotr. And all I have is the extended versions (of lotr) so I have never seen the regular sized (is that the wright way to say it?). I also know lots of people that say that the Movies are just as good as the books as a separate story.

I definitely recommend watching all of them.^_^

3 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

Yep. I actually have a confession... I didn't read the books.

Actually, I have a confession to make too. I read them when I was eight years old, and cried when I was finished because there weren't any more to read.

Edited by Nameless

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Actually, I have a confession to make too. I read them when I was eight years old, and cried when I was finished because there weren't any more to read.

Woah, respect I first read them in fourth grade and I understood only a little of it, only recently have I truly had a grasp on what it is, though I did occasionally go through the appendixes at the back of The Return of the King. I recommend you do so it's fascinating.