What to read next?

11 minutes ago, Arcc1002 said:

My tastes...?

It is fairly simple. Childrens books limit violence, graphic descriptions, etc. and have no mention of sex.

Young adults might make innuendos and can have more violence and graphics, along with swearing. 

Adult books swear, and can have at least references to sex, and some more extreme violence.

I'd say a content warning would be actual sex scenes, or incredibly extreme graphics. If you're reading adult novels though, you should expect references to sex.

And some people, myself and friend group don't want that so I inform them what is your problem with that?

12 minutes ago, Arcc1002 said:

I'd say a content warning would be actual sex scenes, or incredibly extreme graphics. If you're reading adult novels though, you should expect references to sex.

Unless you are reading most of Brandon's books.

4 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Unless you are reading most of Brandon's books.

for his adult books, roshar has prostitution, scadrial has prostitution, nalthis has prostitution and one scene where she's taking her shirt off.

6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

And some people, myself and friend group don't want that so I inform them what is your problem with that?

I don't have a problem with that. I just don't think saying it has a content warning is rational. If you're reading adult books, you should be prepared for that to be a thing.

Just now, Arcc1002 said:

I don't have a problem with that. I just don't think saying it has a content warning is rational. If you're reading adult books, you should be prepared for that to be a thing.

So you both don't and do have a problem with it? How else would you have me put it?

Just now, Frustration said:

So you both don't and do have a problem with it? How else would you have me put it?

just...

Ok, here's what I'm saying.

If you have a friend you're recommending a book to, and you know that friend doesn't like sexual innuendos, go ahead and say that there will be content within the book. But if you're just generally on a website dedicated to an adult book author and recommending an adult book, I don't think that is something that needs a content warning.

1 minute ago, Arcc1002 said:

If you have a friend you're recommending a book to, and you know that friend doesn't like sexual innuendos, go ahead and say that there will be content within the book. But if you're just generally on a website dedicated to an adult book author and recommending an adult book, I don't think that is something that needs a content warning.

Compared to the rest of his books, Warbreaker has a lot of Sexual content. A much more extreme example of what I meant would be the difference between the first and second books of the Kingkiller chronicles.