Frustration

How do we not know this yet?

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find what Malatium does in Feruchemy, but I can't find it, in a thread here, in The Coppermind, in the Arcanum. It's as if it doesn't exist, there isn't even a question about it I can find. So have we just never thought to ask Brandon what it does? I would think he would tell us as it will(probably) never come up in the books. Or am I crazy and we already know?

6 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I've been trying to find what Malatium does in Feruchemy, but I can't find it, in a thread here, in The Coppermind, in the Arcanum. It's as if it doesn't exist, there isn't even a question about it I can find. So have we just never thought to ask Brandon what it does? I would think he would tell us as it will(probably) never come up in the books. Or am I crazy and we already know?

The extent that we know of it's Feruchemical properties is that Sazed had experimented with it in Feruchemy but hadn't made any real progress. This is mentioned in either TFE or WOA. I suspect the issue is that while he knew it wasn't Feruchemically inert, he didn't know what was stored with it so he couldn't tap it as a Metalmind (As intent is a big part of the process). Post Ascension he definitely knows, but as there isn't any accessible Atium to use to make the Alloy there isn't really any practical use for the knowledge in ERA 2. Maybe we will see something about it during "The Lost Metal".

It's also possible that it stores something that Sazed couldn't store, like... I dunno, "fertility". That'd be pretty tough for him to store, afaik.

11 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

It's also possible that it stores something that Sazed couldn't store, like... I dunno, "fertility". That'd be pretty tough for him to store, afaik.

tenor.gif?itemid=11838665