Cosmere Music

So I was listening to the Wind's Pleasure by @Spock and I was like "Whoa! This is awesome!"

And it sparked an idea.

Well, I say it's an idea, but it's not exactly original. Can we just make some music for the Cosmere? If we aren't getting cinematics then can we get audiomatics (dunno if that's a word)?

If you know me, you know that I love to organize stuff like this. If you have something musical to post, do it in this format:

Name of Score OR (if you don't have a name) Just say "Suggestions?"

Name of Book that the music is from (If you're not sure what book it's from, then just say "TBD")

Link or File Download for music. Feel free to just copy and paste the URL or insert a link into smaller text.

An (optional) short description. Spoilers are allowed!

If you don't have something musical to post, then try to keep the discussion (obviously) on-topic. If you have critiques or comments, be sure not to be mean. Saying "this bit needs work" is fine, but saying "this song sucks" isn't.

That being said, go forth, musicians, in the memory of Hoid's flute!

I like the Kaladin soundtrack but I feel like the nonhuman bits aren't nonhuman enough. When I picture Singer/Listener music I picture something like a breathtaking cross between James Horner's Avatar soundtrack and the album Fly, Fly, My Sadness. And while I think we all have different ideas in our heads of what it sounds like, so I knew it wasn't going to be that, it didn't quite do it.

Anyway there's a thread where someone's written a bunch of mistborn music. I can go look for it if anyone wants.

2 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

Anyway there's a thread where someone's written a bunch of mistborn music. I can go look for it if anyone wants. 

If you’re talking about Firerust’s music, it’s amazing! Sadly he wouldn’t be able to help with this project, as he’s on his mission. 

Kaladin's Theme (or, rather, it will be, once I'm done with it).

Any Stormlight Book

https://flat.io/score/5e8c94e60c63231b3ed6ef79-kaladins-theme?sharingKey=de0da14790baf37ce06a5967a075ccdef4d844e54979f7123d99c54450f1afee7f9d490809b47746adb4d8e1456c5e49c31cbc41eda1f585e9015490ed285e57

I borrowed some of @Spock's "Tien's Theme" to throw in here. I'm not sure how it works yet, so feedback would be nice!

Quite good! Feedback:

For Kaladin, while reading, especially in later books he seems a little more sad, with some happy parts in between. I feel like the song ends a little too happy, if you know what I mean, but I think it was a good part. Maybe have that nearer the middle and then something else at the end?

Sylphrina: First, not happy enough. Sly is bursting with joy and curiosity and I feel like maybe should be a contrast to Kaladin. She's just a bundle of joy. I think it would also sound better if it was a little faster.

These are just ideas, and I do think that they sound good.

• 3 weeks later...

The Syl theme is great, but I feel that having a faster flute portion would make it sound more bounding and energetic like she is. For Kaladin's theme maybe a bit more bass because he has a really heavy backstory. Pretty good overall though!

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 11:27 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

I didn't write anything, just wanted to say a hammered dulcimer would sound fantastic for Stormlight.

Ive been working on a collection of stormlight songs and i gave the dulcimer a slap and it sounds good...good call.

One thing i really like about stormlight is that Roshar feels more like Dune then middle earth...dulcimer works very well in stormlight but so does synths and electric guitars. Man stormlight is wonderful. 

• 2 weeks later...

You know what handpans are, I'm so happy! I love handpans and anyway I'll quit before I get off topic.

I can see handpans in part of Stormlight. Did you have any impressions that made you think of them in Mistborn, anything you were thinking of when you thought of that? I'm curious.

I don't have one. It has been a source of my sadness for a long time.

2 minutes ago, SingingMosaic said:

You know what handpans are, I'm so happy! I love handpans and anyway I'll quit before I get off topic.

I can see handpans in part of Stormlight. Did you have any impressions that made you think of them in Mistborn, anything you were thinking of when you thought of that? I'm curious.

I don't have one. It has been a source of my sadness for a long time.

Handpans would work very well for Stormlight, but I feel like handpans would make the right sounds for an Allomancy theme, based off of the video I watched.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a32Bd1F7y9g

There's the video, in case you're interested.

I'm working on a possible theme for Dalinar, or more specifically a theme for "The Tower" after he's abandoned by Sadeas...

[Google Drive Link]

As for the handpans, my vote is yes. They sound amazing. (Thanks for the link @Spren of Kindness)

Possible theme for Dalinar or The Tower.wav

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

I'm working on a possible theme for Dalinar, or more specifically a theme for "The Tower" after he's abandoned by Sadeas...

[Google Drive Link]

As for the handpans, my vote is yes. They sound amazing. (Thanks for the link @Spren of Kindness)

Possible theme for Dalinar or The Tower.wav

No problem!  "The Tower" sounds good, a bit solemn, a bit heroic, all powerful.  It sounded like there was a little too much going on in the middle, but other than that, great job!

Seriously, it's fantastic.

@Spren of Kindness I haven't really decided what I want to do in the middle... My fingers seem like they can't decide either <_<

Either way, it something I just started and thought I'd bounce it off of anyone who was willing to give a listen... Thanks for the feedback! :D