Real Uses For Pokémon

AonEne

I got thinking one day, people use Pokémon for battling...but how else do they impact daily life? In all the ways other animals do, I’m sure, but they can also magically heal and start fires and do all this stuff. What everyday things would you guys do with them? 

(This might be better suited to General Discussion, but it does say ‘Pokémon’ twice in the Entertainment Discussion summary...so I think this will work, but if the other way around is better, I apologize.) 

Personally Im a big fan of the Loudred DJ's we saw in the Detective Pikachu movie.  

Healing magic is pretty obvious, would be great for hospitals, anything with the sleep spell (Jigglypuff, etc) would be a perfect cure for insomnia.  Pretty sure plant pokemon could do some great things to aid farming production. 

Teams of Fire & ice pokemon can make all kinds of Power Generators, not to mention actual Electric types.  

Ghost pokemon raise all kinds of philosophic questions....  

Oooh yes! A Pokemon topic! 

I might actually have a normal sleeping schedule if the move Sing was in real life. 

I always wanted to ride Rapidash when I was younger, but we already have horses, so I don’t know if that really counts. Wait, you can ride bird Pokémon, so would we be able to fly everywhere? I suspect the sky would get pretty congested, though. 

The presence of legendary and mythical Pokémon might cause some confusion. 

This isn’t really a point but IMAGINE HOW FLUFFLY ALTARIA’S WINGS WOULD BE.

We could use Absol to warn us about danger.

Ditto would probably be very misused, given its ability to transform into any Pokémon (Or if we go by the anime, basically anything). It could spy on people as a tiny Joltik, then transform into a Chatot and repeat a conversation (maybe? I don’t know if that’s actually possible, it was just a thought). And Zoroak, too, but probably to a lesser extent.

I can also see Pokémon being used for manual labour tasks, such as lifting heavy containers. A psychic type would easily be able to move boxes around (I think this was mentioned in Black and White?).

Random thoughts:

A food source, maybe? I know it's kinda messed up, but we do it to animals all the time...:ph34r:

Also, if someone catches a legendary, they could literally have the power to control time, space, the weather, nature in general, as well as a host of other things. So, uh... be careful who you give that master ball to.

Transportation, while maybe not as efficient as cars, would be freakin' awesome. 

Muks and grimers are already used in-world to reduce pollution (if we would even have that if Pokemon came to our world; I mean thousands of electric types that can create insane amounts of electricity could surely replace most energy sources right now)

Physic type therapy?

Ralts would be great for psychology.

Imagine Halloween with lots of Litwicks in the streets. I haven't been anywhere where it's actually celebrated but with a lot of blue candles walking around I imagine it would be both spookier and safer.

I'd be thrilled to play the piano with a Meloetta present.

Klefki would be both a blessing and a bane for locksmiths.

• 6 months later...