I'm down for either a tie or a majority. However, I'm not down for a majority on me. :P

As for roles/balance, I'm inclined to believe this is closer to a normal elim game. There are probably 3-4 (depending on their abilities) players aligned with Lews, a neutral or two, and the rest being aligned with the Dark One.

I'm not fond of this, I threw out Magenta's name as a poke/threat. I wasn't going to create that wagon yet.

My evil planning doc dictates the people I should be the most cautious of are Penguin, Hyena, and Tuatara. Due to this, I'm going to vote on Charcoal Hyena due to reasons only I will know as I received no PMs. :'(

14 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

I did a bit of research, and I believe I've figured out the Forsaken list: (BTW I am Osan'gar)

• Aran'gar
  • Demandred
  • Graendal
  • Mesaana
  • Moghedien
  • Osan'gar
  • Sammael (may or may not be alive depending on time, probably alive since it's Lord of Chaos)
  • Semirhage

8 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

So, the following my be alive here:

Sammael
Rahvin (I think he gets killed at the end this book...so he should still be alive)
Moghedien
Graendel
Semirhage
Osan'gar
Aran'gar
Demandred
Moridin
Cyndain
Mesaana

Right, so unfortunately I'm not really too farmiliar with the source material for this game, which makes analysis and such a little bit harder in a game set up like this. I am however not on this list of potential forsaken players, I believe I saw the name somewhere in this thread, I am a forsaken named Lanfear

14 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Right, so unfortunately I'm not really too farmiliar with the source material for this game, which makes analysis and such a little bit harder in a game set up like this. I am however not on this list of potential forsaken players, I believe I saw the name somewhere in this thread, I am a forsaken named Lanfear

Lanfear = Cyndane (that's actually the correct spelling...sorry about previous versions)

4 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I'm not fond of this, I threw out Magenta's name as a poke/threat. I wasn't going to create that wagon yet.

My evil planning doc dictates the people I should be the most cautious of are Penguin, Hyena, and Tuatara. Due to this, I'm going to vote on Charcoal Hyena due to reasons only I will know as I received no PMs. :'(

This doesn't line up with what you said though. You asked Magenta a question, you didn't vote on them or anything so how could it be a threat to them? Goodness gracious you have so many schemes running in the background! I don't know what to think of it.

I'm still suspicious of Ivory Dragonfly, their initial reaction to people claiming forsaken makes me think that they were under the impression that the forsaken was the minority and that they genuinely wanted to kill them. I will admit that now that I think about it it also makes sense that they'd be a forsaken being wary and cautious with their information. I'm on the fence about voting on them, but they're pretty much the only suspicion I have that I can really support right now.

I want to have a majority vote, I don't think that having a tied vote will do anything new. Mouse had half of the overall votes last cycle, that means they had 50% of the votes so I don't think that having two people with 50% of the votes would be beneficial. I think that if they have a majority vote then they'll die and give us more information to go off of.

Both of those points combined lead me to believe that voting on Ivory Dragonfly is the best course of action right now.

13 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I want to have a majority vote, I don't think that having a tied vote will do anything new. Mouse had half of the overall votes last cycle, that means they had 50% of the votes so I don't think that having two people with 50% of the votes would be beneficial. I think that if they have a majority vote then they'll die and give us more information to go off of.

Is there a harm in having a tied vote and end up with people only roleblocked?

In the case of a tie, it either does nothing different and we have 1-2 people roleblocked (or 3 if we want to get adventurous and have a triple tie), or it does something entirely unique and we reveal another aspect of the game. I expect Fifth may have planned for the latter.

As for the suspicion on me, I won't refute it much beyond what I've already said. Weasel was kind enough to open a PM with me and I have talked with them some regarding my alignment and goals in regards to the Forsaken. They do not conflict with one another.

9 hours ago, Cream Tuatara said:

Okay, so that's two Forsaken who died in the book before Lord of Chaos. This means that there's a good chance that Rahvin is around somewhere as well.

12 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

As for the suspicion on me, I won't refute it much beyond what I've already said. Weasel was kind enough to open a PM with me and I have talked with them some regarding my alignment and goals in regards to the Forsaken. They do not conflict with one another.

So you're not necessarily a Forsaken, but you aren't opposed to killing the Dragon?

I don't really see the point of a two pronged tied lynch unless the goal is to waste actions. Mouse's survival seems to indicate that a non-majority lynch isn't fatal, so getting two people tied will either roleblock both of them or kill one of them based on secret vote manipulations, though it's unlikely that anyone other than the two people up for the lynch would do this unless there was a strong conviction of shared alignment.

Hi all,

I'm sorry to have missed so much Easter weekend was pretty busy for me

In the spirit of joining with you and narrowing down the field to find Lews, I will reveal that I am a fosaken whose win condition is compatible with killing the Dragon

I would not be opposed to finding out what a tied Lynch does, especially since death seems less than permanent. 

I'm going to go back and re-read the thread, but I thought I should at least post this really quick so you know I'm still here.

Sincerely me

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

So you're not necessarily a Forsaken, but you aren't opposed to killing the Dragon?

I don't know how much/little Ivory is planning on sharing with the thread, but this would be correct.

Also, I don't think it unlikely that a majority lynch would outright kill someone, so I want to be careful if we are going down that path. Magenta might be the best target right now as I have seen her getting online without posting. However, I am a little reluctant to vote her after her post C1...

And Magenta Ninja'd me. Awesome. Now I feel justified in keeping my vote where it is.

So, there are four people who haven't claimed Forsaken at all...  To be fair, I haven't explicitly claimed either...and I'm not 100% sure I want to give a name.  (Given the lore behind this game - many of the Forsaken hated each other, I could see there being some win cons around killing other Forsaken...)

Of the people who claimed, Indigo, Melon, Amethyst, and Cream are the only ones who have claimed a name...given no one has counter-claimed, I'm reasonably willing to accept those claims.

Amber, Magenta, Fuchsia, and Azure have claimed unnamed Forsaken...Fuchsia and Azure specifically claimed female - which would be Graendel, Mesaana, Semirhage, or Moghedien.

Charcoal, Coral, Emerald, and Ivory have not claimed anything as far as I've seen.

Right now my vote apparently is on Magenta...which I feel is still reasonable (if this is a situation where Rand/Lews is just trying to survive, it would definitely be beneficial to throw out a vague claim that couldn't be immediately disproved)...but the Ivory lynch seems reasonable as well.

1 hour ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

So, there are four people who haven't claimed Forsaken at all...  To be fair, I haven't explicitly claimed either...and I'm not 100% sure I want to give a name.  (Given the lore behind this game - many of the Forsaken hated each other, I could see there being some win cons around killing other Forsaken...)

Of the people who claimed, Indigo, Melon, Amethyst, and Cream are the only ones who have claimed a name...given no one has counter-claimed, I'm reasonably willing to accept those claims.

Amber, Magenta, Fuchsia, and Azure have claimed unnamed Forsaken...Fuchsia and Azure specifically claimed female - which would be Graendel, Mesaana, Semirhage, or Moghedien.

Charcoal, Coral, Emerald, and Ivory have not claimed anything as far as I've seen.

Right now my vote apparently is on Magenta...which I feel is still reasonable (if this is a situation where Rand/Lews is just trying to survive, it would definitely be beneficial to throw out a vague claim that couldn't be immediately disproved)...but the Ivory lynch seems reasonable as well.

Emerald basically claimed Forsaken.

1 hour ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

The implication of this post (and the general sentiment so far this game) is that we should lynch someone for not providing a provable claim. That is the beginning of a very dangerous road.

I understand it can help solve the game, but since when has this community ever expected a mass claim D1, even in a blackout format? Such a thing tends to ruin the fun for anyone not aligned with the masses. It's also patently flawed, as not all village roles can be proved.

Please move forward cautiously and find real reason to lynch someone, not based solely on their desire or ability to provide a claim.

I'd like to point out I'm not even confirmed on you're guy's side. For all you know, I could be Lews.

We know not all the Forsaken are in this game, and the only guesses we have are based on people's public claims. This is hardly a reliable source of information.

We also all started out with the info that Lews exists. From my understanding, we share the same pool of abilities though we all have different combinations of them. All the forsaken are rather powerful. If Lews is in this game, how is he supposed to compete? Well, clearly he has got to be even more powerful.
Now, here is my question:

What is the most powerful thing you could have in this game?

I would answer, information. If Lews knows what characters are in this game, knows the state of the game, knows who is taking what actions, knows whatever... He is way better off than us, even without our flashy abilities. (Though he likely has at least some of those too).

For all you know, I'm Lews, claimed Balthamel as I knew he isn't in this game, and wanted to make sure I had no suspicion on me being alone. Everyone would trust me. I'm basically confirmed not Lews right?

I'm still voting on Hyena for what it's worth. 

The sun was shining on the plain, 

Shining with all his might.

He did his very best to make

The grasses smooth and bright—

And this was odd, because it was

The middle of the night. 

The moon was shining sulkily, 

Because she thought the sun

Had got no business to be there

After the day was done—

“It’s very rude of him,” she said, 

“To come and spoil the fun.”

The grass was long as long could be,

The dirt was dry as dry.

You could not see Myrddraal, because

The Dark One’d been defied;

No raken flying overhead—

There were no scouts to fly.

The Weasel and the Arsonist 

Were walking close at hand;

They wept like anything to see

Such quantities of Rand;

“If he were only cleared away,”

They said, “it would be grand!”

“If seven legions of Trollocs

Attacked him for a year,

Do you suppose,” the Weasel said, 

“That they his head could shear?”

“I doubt it,” said the Arsonist,

And shed a bitter tear. 

“O players, come PM with us!”

The Weasel did beseech.

“A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk 

Within each other’s reach:

We cannot do with more than one

To send a note to each.”

The eldest Chosen looked at him, 

But ne’er a word he said.

The eldest Chosen winked his eye,

And shook a darkened head—

Meaning to say that he did choose

To plot and kill instead.

But four Forsaken hurried up,

All eager to converse:

Their coats were brushed, their faces washed, 

Their speeches well-rehearsed—

And this was odd, because, you know,

They knew no shred of verse.

Four more Forsaken followed them,

And yet another four,

And thick and fast they came at last, 

And more, and more, and more—

All pacing through the grassy fields 

And thinking of the Bore.

The Weasel and the Arsonist

Walked on a league or so,

And then they rested on a mound

Conveniently low;

And all the others seething stood

And waited in a row.

“The Time has come,” the Weasel said, 

“To talk of many things:

Of weaves—and roles—and secret rules—

Of balefire—and kings—

And why the game is raving mad—

And whether Fifth can sing.” he can’t

“But wait!” the Chosen quickly cried,

“Before we have our chat;

For that man looks as though he wills

To knock you over flat.”

“I’d never!” said the Arsonist.

They looked unsure at that.

“Lews Therin dead,” the Weasel said,

“Is what we chiefly need:

More information too besides

Is very good indeed—

Now if you’re ready, Chosen feared,

The Great Lord we can heed.”

“Mention him not!” the others cried, 

Turning a little blue.

“After yesterday, that would be 

A dismal thing to do!”

“Your fears are wise,” the Weasel said.

“But him we never slew.

“The Dragon now we must remove,

And he has dodged us twice!”

The Arsonist said nothing but

“Your theory’s rather nice.

But I’m afraid you must be killed—

And it can’t be done twice!”

“It seems unfair,” the Weasel said,

“To play me such a trick, 

After my PMs overflowed,

They now will dry up quick!”

The Arsonist said nothing but

“Your head has grown too thick!”

“I’ll miss you all,” the Weasel said, 

“My ancient PM friends.”

Without a tear he stood to meet

Sudden, permanent end,

When the man a white bar of fire

His way would quickly send.

“O Chosen!” said the Arsonist,

“You had a pleasant run!

Shall we be getting on again?”

But answer came there none—

And this was scarcely odd, because 

He’d frightened every one. 

Ivory Dragonfly was lynched! 

Vote Count: 

Dragonfly (4): Scorpion, Hyena, Ostrich, Dingo

Albatross (3): Mouse, Penguin, Dragonfly

Hyena (1): Weasel

Indigo Weasel was slain by balefire! He was Aran’gar the Forsaken!

Cycle 3 has begun! It will end in about 46.5 hours, on Thursday 16 April at 9:00 PM EDT.

Keep in mind that I take creative liberties with writeups, especially parodies like the one above. Don’t read too far into things. :P 

Good luck!

[Player List]

Amber Vulture
Amethyst Scorpion
Azure Mouse
Charcoal Hyena
Chartreuse Penguin
Coral Swan
Cream Tuatara
Emerald Falcon
Fuchsia Ostrich
Indigo Weasel Aran’gar