Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Emerald Falcon. I am also a Forsaken, and my interpretation of our win-con is that Lews must die rather than have us kill him. Having looked at the Wheel of Time wiki, I know now that Forsaken serve a "Dark One" or something. Is there a Dark One? If there is a Dark One, do not reveal yourself for fear of Lews slaughtering you. 

5 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Emerald Falcon. I am also a Forsaken, and my interpretation of our win-con is that Lews must die rather than have us kill him. Having looked at the Wheel of Time wiki, I know now that Forsaken serve a "Dark One" or something. Is there a Dark One? If there is a Dark One, do not reveal yourself for fear of Lews slaughtering you. 

I believe the Dark One is a god/force rather than an actual person, so it would be unlikely that it's a role.

1 hour ago, Melon Dingo said:

You are incorrect. I asked in my GM PM, and Fifth said that the death of Lews Therin does not have to be caused by me. I will win if he dies, no matter when or how. If you don't believe me, you're free to ask him yourself.

I asked to confirm after I posted, and then got told I was incorrect, which is extremely embarrassing. On the up side, I have a great new idea for a game I could run now. :P

So, all of the claimed roles are Forsaken, and no-one's directly contradicted the idea that this is a game with the 13 Forsaken and Lews Therin - at least some of the Forsaken are out to kill Lews Therin, but, if Weasel is to be believed, not all of them. How interesting. @Indigo Weasel, I have no expectation that you're going to be honest about this, but I'm curious enough that I'll ask anyway - I know our wincons are different, but are they compatible or directly contradictory?

9 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

I would be extremely surprised if there was a Dark One. Even Lews, in all his power, would not be able to kill the Dark One if he were in the game (this isn't a spoiler, because it's basically the backstory of the Wheel of Time - Lews Therin Telamon, the Dragon, gathered a bunch of channelers and was able to trap the Dark One and his 13 most powerful servants, the Forsaken. The Wheel of Time is set thousands of years later, as the Dark One tries to break free from his prison. So our losing state would be Lews trapping all of us.) The Dark One is less a powerful channeler, like the Forsaken are, and more a force of nature/god that people serve for most of the series. Praise be his name.

EDIT: Oops, twice ninjad. I think Crocodile got the point. :P

Edited by Emerald Falcon

Ok, so as we get closer and closer to the end of this first cycle, I think it is time to re-evaluate the current lynch votes. Everyone has the ability to manipulate the lynch, so It's at least somewhat important we pay attention... And honestly I'd prefer to not waste my action on vote shenanigans to make sure the lynch isn't tampered with.

Based on Swan's last count, this is what I got:

Mouse(2):Dragonfly,Swan, Weasel
Swan(1):
Dingo,Tuatara, Weasel
Dingo(1):Mouse, Dragonfly
Dragonfly(1):Mouse, Scorpion
Vulture(1):Falcon

Penguin(0):Scorpion
Falcon(0):Hyena, Crocodile
Hyena(0):Weasel

Of these people, I'm going to have to take my vote off of Coral Swan And I'm still not sure who to vote on yet, but with all the uncertainty, I'm going to have to vote on Azure Mouse. You have posted a lot, but most of the post have been filler/fluff. Some people have already given me village vibes this game, and similarly that gives me a elim vibe.

So we did get confirmed that 1. Killing Lews doesn't have to be personal and 2. Not every Forsaken has the same win condition.

Looking at the lynch, we have two votes for Mouse-voting for Dragonfly/not saying game related things, one vote for Swan-inactive, one vote for Dingo-claiming Forsaken, one vote for Dragonfly-being anti-Forsaken, and one vote for me-not entirely sure, maybe saying there were likely unique roles. Weasel at least has vote manipulation powers, which may or may not be universal. I don't really see how Forsaken!Dragonfly could see Weasel claim Forsaken, Swan choose to vote for someone other than Weasel, then Digno claim Forsaken and come to the conclusion that the best course of action was to pretend to be anti-Forsaken. Three other players openly Forsaken/Forsaken compatible in a 14 person game should have been an indication that there wasn't a majority faction intent on lynching Forsaken.

@Indigo Weasel, did you start out knowing that Lews was in the game? If you didn't, that would be a possible reason for Dragonfly's vote if you shared the same win condition.

Well since we're trying to figure out who Lews Therin is a have a suggestion. I am a female Forsaken. All other female channelers should be able to remove themselves from suspicion. We can use Saidar's innate ability to sense itself to build some trust between each other. I don't know if everyone has the same weaves but I have at least one that is safe to use on other players. We can sort through the male Foresaken and gain ourselves some time. I wonder what the Dragon's win con is?

22 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Swan choose to vote for someone other than Weasel,

I'm fairly certain Swan voted in self defense, which I'd say is NAI (at least so far) this game, particularly before I claimed Forsaken. I had no votes on me at the time... Or ever this game. I'm not so sure how swan not voting on me means anything.

23 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Weasel at least has vote manipulation powers, which may or may not be universal.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:26 PM, Fifth Scholar said:

- If more than three players individually use Balefire weaves three or more times, the Pattern unravels and everybody loses. 

- A lynch does exist. What it does remains to be seen. :P 

- Any player may, at any time, use their action to do one of the following: double their vote, create a one-on-one PM, compliment their GM

- PMs cannot be created except by the above effect. 

Emphasis mine.
There may or may not be additional vote manip abilities out there, and I certainly won't be implying that I either do or don't have those powers. ;) 

27 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

then Digno claim Forsaken and come to the conclusion that the best course of action was to pretend to be anti-Forsaken

I assume this phrase refers to Ivory.

28 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

@Indigo Weasel, did you start out knowing that Lews was in the game? If you didn't, that would be a possible reason for Dragonfly's vote if you shared the same win condition.

Yes, my wincon also does have to do with Lews Therin Telamon.

4 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Well since we're trying to figure out who Lews Therin is a have a suggestion. I am a female Forsaken. All other female channelers should be able to remove themselves from suspicion. We can use Saidar's innate ability to sense itself to build some trust between each other. I don't know if everyone has the same weaves but I have at least one that is safe to use on other players. We can sort through the male Foresaken and gain ourselves some time. I wonder what the Dragon's win con is?

I too am a female Forsaken... But for some reason I feel like this doesn't apply to me. :P 

4 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I'm fairly certain Swan voted in self defense, which I'd say is NAI (at least so far) this game, particularly before I claimed Forsaken. I had no votes on me at the time... Or ever this game. I'm not so sure how swan not voting on me means anything.

Emphasis mine.
There may or may not be additional vote manip abilities out there, and I certainly won't be implying that I either do or don't have those powers. ;) 

I assume this phrase refers to Ivory.

Yes, my wincon also does have to do with Lews Therin Telamon.

I too am a female Forsaken... But for some reason I feel like this doesn't apply to me. :P 

It indicated that Swan wan't part of an obviously majority village faction with the goal of killing Forsaken.

Right, I forgot about that ability.

It does.

Noted, so a Forsaken!Dragonfly would have known he was in the game.

It looks like people want more information from me. I am a female Forsaken. I am still going to refrain from voting as of now, but I will before the end of the cycle, I just want more information. I also have a wincon that is compatible with the death of Lews Therin. 

1 hour ago, Amber Vulture said:

I don't really see how Forsaken!Dragonfly could see Weasel claim Forsaken, Swan choose to vote for someone other than Weasel, then Digno claim Forsaken and come to the conclusion that the best course of action was to pretend to be anti-Forsaken.

Two claims do not a confirmed alignment make. Especially when the middle post by Swan ignored the first claim entirely, almost as if the claim was a ninja'd post.

I doubt we have 13 Forsaken vs 1 Lews, even if Lews was an SK. If it were, Lews would have to be incredibly overpowered, especially since my own abilities seem over powered.

Also, in the interest of the game balance, a mass claim could be a problem. If we all claim and prove it, it breaks the game. If we can't prove anything, there would be better ways to find our target than revealing that much information. Especially if there are more on Lews' side than just him with win-cons to kill specific Forsaken.

I will concede, though, that Dingo doesn't need to be lynched for the claim.

@Azure Mouse with (I'm prett sure) 25 minutes left in the cycle, I dont think you are gaining any info by waiting, unless you are analysing something/someone.

Also... if more people could vote... in general... I'd appreciate it. We dont know what happens on a tie either, so I wouldnt be opposed to one. I just want to gain info on *something* for next cycle.

13 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

@Azure Mouse with (I'm prett sure) 25 minutes left in the cycle, I dont think you are gaining any info by waiting, unless you are analysing something/someone.

Also... if more people could vote... in general... I'd appreciate it. We dont know what happens on a tie either, so I wouldnt be opposed to one. I just want to gain info on *something* for next cycle.

There's a little over an hour in the turn.

However, I'm okay at this point with a Mouse lynch, as it would at least be something.

Callor knew he was in trouble the moment the group of people surrounding him raised their hands, not in greeting, but in gestures. Fire sprang from the fingertips of one of the hooded women, and he tumbled, barely dodging the witch’s blast of foul power. The Light was with him still, he hoped. The flames abruptly sizzled out in the air, only to be replaced by invisible flows of air and quakings of the earth which Callor could feel in his very bones, hissing back and forth across the plain. The assembled group seemed to pay him no more mind as a pitched battle began, so he crawled towards his horse, letting the din of conflict around him subside as he got farther away from the rough ring which had formed. His beast was well trained, standing in place, if uneasily, as the mostly unseen war was waged nearby. He crept slowly off the ground, then mounted as speedily as he could once his head came above the tall grasses. Checking his horse swiftly, he spurred it away from the group of channellers who still seemed determined to tear each other to pieces. Not needing much encouragement, it bolted, carrying Callor closer with each stride to the Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light. He would be very interested to hear of this latest development. 

Inside the circle, saidin and saidar thrummed, and a figure concealed at its edge savoured the flow of the weaves as they whizzed past him. It had been a while, truly, since a battle this large in scope had been fought, and only a mind which could recall eternity remembered the last which had happened—even greater than this conflict, though that had resulted in his long imprisonment. No, but this conflict could not be allowed to reach such proportions, at least not yet. They were all too ill-informed, and the outcome would be just as likely ruinous for him as it would be glorious. Chaos, here, was beyond even his control. He could not let the Pattern assert its will through chance, as it too often liked to do. So the shadowed figure threw back its hood, revealing the horrifying face of a Myrddraal. Instinctively, the channelers drew back, knowing who this was. The weaves came to an abrupt halt, leaving a broken and upturned field cast under the shadow of a clouded sky, over which an eerie silence permeated. The black outline of the Myrddraal shimmered as the shadows passed over its form, giving the Shadowspawn an oddly ephemeral look. 

“I do not desire immediate slaughter,” he proclaimed generally. “It is perhaps best you talk with your neighbours before killing them. I will not be pleased to see my servants slaughtering each other, and I daresay the Creator would similarly frown upon friendly fire among his allies.” Coarse laughter shook the broken turf, and another wave of shadow later from the clouds, the Myrddraal was lost to sight. 

“Well,” one of the figures said after a pause. “Where ought we to start?”

“I tell you, this fellow decked in the strange blue, he’s a threat to the lot of us! We don’t know if he’s serving the Great Lord or not…”

“And yourself? Since when did Friends of the Dark garb themselves in that hideously golden colour? Could be construed as a symbol of the Dragon, that…”

Eavesdropping on the conversation between the two heated camps which had developed, one of the figures who had been fighting earlier yawned. It was boring work, this discussion that the Myrddraal has demanded of them. It was much easier to attack and try one’s wit and skill in a direct test of strength. Slipping away from the bickering groups, the channeller made his way past several smaller clusters of discussion, eventually coming face-to-face with the black speck he had seen in the distance, now facing him six feet away. The Myrddraal, whose look was fear, and it was certainly felt; however, a hot desire for rebellion flamed unaccountably. He had not come to talk to this monster and simply back down. Shaidar Haran seemed to raise an eyebrow, peering down at the figure. “You should rejoin the others.” 

“I am not taking orders from a Shadowspawn.”

A thin smile, if it could be called that, entered the Myrddraal’s face. “You may suit yourself, I am sure. But do not be surprised when—”

He never finished the sentence. Fire leapt from the other’s fingertips, charring the creature’s black robes and causing Shaidar Haran to writhe in pain. Almost as quickly as they appeared they were gone, smothered as if by an enormous blanket, and a tremendous shockwave emanated from the Myrddraal. The channeller was thrown back hundreds of feet, landing with a crash on a mound of earth raised by the earlier battle. But the form of the Shadowspawn looked to be empty, a pile of black robes lying on the ground, and when the others drew near they saw that the body of the Myrddraal was indeed vanished. Yet nobody dared celebrate. The voice of Shaidar Haran seemed to echo one last time about the plain: This will not be forgotten. Groaning from cracked ribs, the one who had cast fire at the Dark One himself could only agree as a hollowness began welling up from his chest, and he vomited onto the trampled grasses at his feet. 

Azure Mouse was lynched!

Vote Count: 

Mouse (4): Vulture, Swan, Weasel, Dragonfly

Vulture (2): Mouse, Falcon

Swan (1): Tuatara

Dragonfly (1): Scorpion

Mauve Crocodile was driven away! He was Shaidar Haran, the Hand of the Dark!

Cycle 2 has begun! It will end in about 46.5 hours, on Tuesday 14 April at 9:00 PM EDT. 

Good luck!

[Player List]

Amber Vulture
Amethyst Scorpion
Azure Mouse
Charcoal Hyena
Chartreuse Penguin
Coral Swan
Cream Tuatara
Emerald Falcon
Fuchsia Ostrich
Indigo Weasel
Ivory Dragonfly
Magenta Albatross
Mauve Crocodile Shaidar Haran
Melon Dingo

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Interesting. Very interesting.

I don't think we should all try to kill Mouse just for surviving the lynch, especially since we don't exactly know what a lynch does. If anyone has roleblocks, though, it may be beneficial to keep them controlled? At least until we know more about lynch mechanics.

Mauve appears to have been attacked, but the wording makes me think it may not be totally permanent. As for why, maybe it was the Lews faction or another Forsaken hoping for confirmation.

A bit of research shows that Shaidar Haran was essentially used to manage the Forsaken and is apparently the closest thing the Dark One had to a mortal form. Apparently it was able to place a mark on someone that prevented a Forsaken from harming them. It could also sense the power, and distinguish between male and female power. The writeup seems to imply that something happened to the killer of Shaidar Haran. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to claim to be the killer and tell us what happened?

Regarding the kill, I believe that some Forsaken were resurrected by the Dark One, so I wouldn't be surprised if non-balefire kills aren't permanent.

I assume that there are not all 13 Forsaken in the game. I'll have to do some research tomorrow and figure out which Forsaken aren't in the game.