I had no clue that Asmodean betrayed the other forsaken. I read the first few books a few years ago, I had to Google a list of the forsaken just to make sense of the player list after the second cycle.

To be fair, we've all been trying to blend in. Stand out and you end up like Dragonfly. I've been trying to catch less without seeming like a threat to him, I haven't been trying to hide my identity.

. . . That was a super dope post though, I loved reading it. Brava!

"Friends," Sammael said, turning to Asmodean and Demandred. "We have done some great business together. We have made it this far."

"But one of you is not my friend. Appalling! For all the trust and cooperation we have been through in the service of the Great Lord, one of you is not who you claim to be," Sammael narrowed his eyes in mock drama. He pressed a hand to his forehead and sighed. "There are ways of finding out, certainly. Both of you are familiar with them, I believe we employed them this past week... you should also remember that they are not pleasant."

Sammael chuckled. "No, not pleasant at all." He leveled his finger at Demandred. "My dear Demandred, you have my gratitude for the wine." Sammael glanced at Asmodean. "You haven't given me any tokens of compatriotism... tsk tsk. Were I to make this very difficult decision on bribery alone, Scorpion, things would not be looking in your favor. But Falcon," he said, turning back, "Asmodean here has given me transparency. Our communication bears an inherent level of trust. Though you and I have been accommodating, I have always felt a... barrier between us. Is it my face, Demandred? You could have just told me I was visually repulsive."

Sammael gave a mirthless laugh, then said with complete solemnity: "I would have killed you if you have called me ugly."

"One final word: Demandred, you told me you enjoyed being the bad guy. Though I certainly return the sentiment, could this phrase bear deeper meaning? Perhaps this refers to your secret animosity towards the Shadow, Lews Therin Telamon?! It is a stretch, yes, but another nail in your coffin. Your words, not mine."

Sammael procured a chair and sat, gazing at the low grey cloudy sky. "The end draws near for all of us. It just comes quicker for some, Falcon."

“We’ve all been fools before,” said Demandred softly. “But this folly has been a pervasive one. I do not know why you have failed to trust me, Sammael, particularly when this snivelling creature was once Lews Therin’s servant. Or maybe...he was Lews Therin himself?” 

Sammael raised an eyebrow, and said nothing. It certainly appeared more reasonable to him that Demandred was the traitor here. Nothing had been seen of his movements before his sudden reappearance in Amadicia, to fight the Dragon. At least they knew where Asmodean had been. As the other man began approaching Asmodean, Sammael readied a weave of fire and flung it at his erstwhile ally, just as Demandred’s hand gripped Asmodean’s shoulder. The Mask of Mirrors around him flickered and failed, revealing the face of a ruddy youth whose eyes contained the memories of another man, long since dead. The Dragon. Rand al’Thor wasted no time, rolling away from the oncoming blast of flame and preparing a final weave to end Sammael, who stood exposed and shocked. 

Yet something existed between him and the Source. A slick boundary. He spun to Demandred, whose face, wreathed in agony, bore a grim smile and look of satisfaction. “I will not say avenge me, Sammael,” he croaked. “But your eyes should now be clear. Kill him.”

Amethyst Scorpion was lynched!

Scorpion (2): Falcon

Falcon (2): Scorpion, Hyena

Emerald Falcon was killed! He was Demandred the Forsaken! 

Cycle 9 has begun! It will end in about 23.5 hours, on Tuesday 28 April at 9 PM EDT. 

Due to low playercounts, there is no longer a lynch. 

This cycle is shortened to 24 hours. Get your orders in on time, please, as it should be relatively straightforward system of picking the best way to kill your enemy. :P 

Good luck! 

[Player List]

Amber Vulture Semirhage
Amethyst Scorpion
Azure Mouse Graendal
Charcoal Hyena
Chartreuse Penguin Moghedien
Coral Swan M’Hael
Cream Tuatara Lanfear
Emerald Falcon Demandred
Fuchsia Ostrich Mesaana
Indigo Weasel Aran’gar
Ivory Dragonfly Moridin
Magenta Albatross Rahvin
Mauve Crocodile Shaidar Haran
Melon Dingo Osan’gar

• 6 months later...

It is beyond time to close these threads! [Placeholder for congratulating unknown winners? Maybe everyone lost? Everyone won? I do not know enough about Wheel of Time to guess at the result, but I can see everyone died!]

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion Thread. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: