Things you wish you could do

Retrac

On 4/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, Dunkum said:

theres a bunch of stuff I can't do for reasons other than the pandemic, but as far as stuff being restricted due to Covid...I want to go out to eat.  especially to some place communal, like Hot Pot, or Ethiopian, or this all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ place near us - some place where the whole table shares the food.

I don’t know about wherever you are, but in Utah you’re allowed to get food to go - in fact I think we were encouraged to do it to support businesses. So if you can pick up food, maybe you could simulate that experience at your home? 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I don’t know about wherever you are, but in Utah you’re allowed to get food to go - in fact I think we were encouraged to do it to support businesses. So if you can pick up food, maybe you could simulate that experience at your home? 

to-go food is allowed, but large groups are not and even small grous are discouraged, so it still wouldnt work.  plus 2 of those things I listed sort of require specialized equipment that I don't have (basically at-table cooking for hotpot and the korean bbq) in order to do them right.  the big problem here isnt accessing the food, its the communal aspect which, even aside from the size of the gathering, involves sitting close together and sharing food, which is basically the easiest way to spread a virus

• 1 year later...