Things you wish you could do

Retrac

So because of Covid-19 We can't really do a lot of the stuff we would normally do. Places are closing, hospitals are running out of room, etc. Well lets focus on the positive here and talk about what we would do if we weren't quarantined.

I wan't to be swimming

Edited by Retrac

theres a bunch of stuff I can't do for reasons other than the pandemic, but as far as stuff being restricted due to Covid...I want to go out to eat.  especially to some place communal, like Hot Pot, or Ethiopian, or this all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ place near us - some place where the whole table shares the food.

2 hours ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

I had plans to hang out with my crush the week lock down started.:( We can text but I hate not being able to talk in person. 

It really is hard—texting’s great and all, but it’s no replacement for being able to see someone in person. Especially your crush. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest talking on the phone or doing a video call. It’s been my experience that being able to hear their voice and see their face makes everything a little bit better. It’s still not a replacement, but it helps tide me over, personally, until I’ll be able to see that person again.

The thing I most miss is being able to buy watercress and bread I can eat that's only available at a greengrocer that's closed.

I also miss my butcher, but I just managed to put an online order through for delivery, so hopefully I can fill my freezer up again before I have to start buying gross supermarket meat.

I got a voucher for my birthday to a movie theatre.  I was saving it for Mulan, and looks like I'm still saving it for Mulan.

Also, a hot salt water pool was due to open here in the first week of April, and I'm looking forward to visiting that.  But I will absolutely wait a few more weeks after opening for the crowds to settle.  It's behind the beach, but apparently they're not using sea water and heating it, they're constructing their own salt water, chlorinating it, and adding a bunch of acid as well so that the chlorination has an effect with all the salt.  So it might not be very pleasant.  But it's a warm outdoor pool, so I'm gonna give it a go anyhow.

But mostly the lockdown has made me realise that I hate going out, and I'm a happier person when I don't have to force myself to go and do things that are supposed to be good for me.  Humph.

5 hours ago, TheGirlWhoLookedUp said:

I had plans to hang out with my crush the week lock down started.:( We can text but I hate not being able to talk in person. 

@TheGirlWhoLookedUp, I feel ya. I’m honestly the worst at texting people, but my crush in particular. I can talk a lot better in person than I can over text, so it’s been hard for me to connect with her. So yeah, I wish that I could be doing social activities in order to talk with my crush.

36 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

@TheGirlWhoLookedUp, I feel ya. I’m honestly the worst at texting people, but my crush in particular. I can talk a lot better in person than I can over text, so it’s been hard for me to connect with her. So yeah, I wish that I could be doing social activities in order to talk with my crush.

Yeah, I am terrible at texting as well. I did though and we plan to hang out when this is over so at least there’s that.:lol: