Main character of Rythm of War

On 4/12/2020 at 11:33 PM, Gilphon said:

'Cept maybe Adolin, but I don't think any other spren are gonna try to bond him while he has Maya. 

The Stormfather bonded Dalinar when he had Talns' blade (the one that he had at the end of tWoK)

It's a bit of a different situation, that- he started bonding Dalinar before he bonded that blade, and demanded that Dalinar drop that sword as soon as he swore the first oath. And Dalinar has never had a sword with as much self-awareness as Maya. 

And, really, I think that if Adolin becoming a Radiant by bonding a spren that's not Maya, it would be an extremely narrative strange choice.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2020 at 4:48 PM, Gilphon said:

And, really, I think that if Adolin becoming a Radiant by bonding a spren that's not Maya, it would be an extremely narrative strange choice.

I would feel really bad for Maya if Adolin ended up bonding another spren....I also couldn't imagine Adolin leaving Maya as he seems to actually think of her as a friend and if he bonded a spren he wouldn't really be able to talk to her anymore...unless some more weird stuff happens that we don't know about.

I think Navani is most likely the surprise main character. There are a lot of things she could be involved with. 

She's been studying the trapped Thrill for a year. She has the prologue in which she sees Gavilar talking to heralds and possessing the black spheres. That could lead to discoveries / advances. 

The last thing Odium does in book 3 is ask Mr. T to find out what the Alethi know about Urithiru. Navani has been studying Urithiru which, according to Renarin, is a giant fabrial. Fabrial's are Navani's are of expertise. I'm thinking Odium's forces take Urithiru and Navani helps take it back by figuring things out about it. 

Navani is also still working on getting airships to work. She's discussing how to keep them from flipping over with a scholar in OB. That will pay off at some point in the front 5. 

On 4/2/2020 at 0:20 PM, Callsign Radiant said:

I would be happy to see more of Adolin and Renarin though, especially to find out more about Maya and Glys.

So I Have yet to finish Reading this entire thread, but I agree with you — that we will hear from Venli, Eshonai, And a third mystery character that we not previously had a POV from. 

My guess to who this third mystery character may be is a Spren.  I would love to read something from Syl, Glys, Maya, Ivory, or another Spren. (Although I don’t think I could believe/trust anything that Pattern said/wrote). What if the new POV character was Timbre? I believe Venli/Eshonai/Timbre trio would make a fantastic and interesting POV. 

On 4/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, Lccaseiro58 said:

Rlain because this book is supposed to be the singers book and instead of just following Venli we can follow both of them.

I thought that this was the Willshapers book, and it just so happened that the Willshaper is a Singer. 

I had an epiphany after reading the Lirin section that Brandon has released. For some reason the Herdazian general who has lasted so long is being hidden. What if he becomes the main character. 1. He is a herdazian and Brandon loved writing Lopen, 2. I feel like he would be such a cool character. With the little we have seen he is obviously skilled at least at escaping and he held out with his people for a year so hes no shmuck, and he just seems fun. Is there any info that we have been given that contradicts this? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Yolenlightweaver said:

What if he becomes the main character

I personally doubt it because promoting such a minor character so quickly would be a huge risk not to mention difficult but I do not think we have an explicit information to the contrary.  I agree they should have a larger role but consider the fact that I am not sure we have a name for him let alone a single PoV chapter.

18 minutes ago, Karger said:

I personally doubt it because promoting such a minor character so quickly would be a huge risk not to mention difficult but I do not think we have an explicit information to the contrary.  I agree they should have a larger role but consider the fact that I am not sure we have a name for him let alone a single PoV chapter.

He was called by his name in the newsletter exclusive Chapter 1 preview, but I guess that doesn't really count as him having a name yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the surprise main character is Navani. This is what the blurb on Amazon says of RoW:

After forming a coalition of human resistance against the enemy invasion, Dalinar Kholin and his Knights Radiant have spent a year fighting a protracted, brutal war. Neither side has gained an advantage. Now, as new technological discoveries begin to change the face of the war, the enemy prepares a bold and dangerous operation. 

The arms race that follows will challenge the very core of the Radiant ideals, and potentially reveal the secrets of the ancient tower that was once the heart of their strength.

How are we going to get new technological discoveries if not from the fabrial inventor we've known from the first book? Who do you think is going to be in charge of the arms race on one side if not Navani? I think she's getting a ton of screen time and overshadow at least one if not all three of the previous main characters by being our main POV at Urithiru.

After reading the interlude from Syl’s perspective in the newsletter yesterday and seeing some of the cover art that shows Shadesmar I am even more convinced now that  the Point of View Characters will be a Venli/Eshonai/Timbre Trio. Writing from a spren’s perspective is new for Brandon and we are already familiar with Timbre. Since he shared the Syl chapter I am now convinced we will see more Spren viewpoints. 

On 7/8/2020 at 0:43 PM, JoyBlu said:

Writing from a spren’s perspective is new for Brandon and we are already familiar with Timbre. Since he shared the Syl chapter I am now convinced we will see more Spren viewpoints

That does not seem logical.  One data point does not make any kind of sequence. Also considering that it is an interlude your belief seems less likely.