How do we know that Southern Scadrians know what an Adonalsium is?

NiceBleach

In the article for Scadrial on the wiki under "Lands to the South," it says that they're very cosmere-aware and that Kelsier taught them about Adonalsium. This makes sense, given his words to Spook at the end of Secret History, but the citation doesn't match up. Citation ten links to chapter 22 of The Bands of Mourning, but I can't find any indication that their Sovereign taught them about big god boi.

It could be a mistake.  It is a wiki and those do happen from time to time.  They also might have overstated things (I believe Alik says that Ruin and Preservation were always one which could indicate that they learned about adonalsium from Kel).  Chaos usually checks this form so we will know soon enough.

Edited by Karger

Thanks for raising this! I believe the citation is pointing to this exchange in that chapter:

"Ruin and Preservation," [Marasi] said. "The old Terris gods. They're one now. Harmony."

"No, they were always one," Allik said. "And always apart. Very odd, very complex."

Indicating that the Southern Scadrians are aware the Shards used to be part of a larger whole. I agree, however, that it isn't anywhere near as conclusive as the Coppermind currently makes it seem. It should probably say something like "Kelsier taught them about the Shards Ruin and Preservation, and may have given them some information about how the Shards are pieces of Adonalsium."

1 hour ago, Starwatcher said:

Indicating that the Southern Scadrians are aware the Shards used to be part of a larger whole

Yeah this is what I was referencing.  I am brewing a new theory where the south scadrians are actually on to something important by considering the fractured shards to still be one now.  Also what does it indicate when it says you are a keeper?  I have always wondered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, Karger said:

Yeah this is what I was referencing.  I am brewing a new theory where the south scadrians are actually on to something important by considering the fractured shards to still be one now.  Also what does it indicate when it says you are a keeper?  I have always wondered.

Well, the Keepers we're the main group of feruchemist in era 1 of mistborn, if that's what your talking about.

Oops, sorry @Karger, I didn't see that question. The "Keepers" member title refers to the group of editors who are basically the Coppermind staff. We mostly work together to iron out structural decisions and to stay on top of article quality. As Experience mentioned, the name is taken from the Keepers of Mistborn Era 1.