NiceBleach

Is The Sibling Odium's Spren?

Question

There's not much to put in the body of this. Cultivation and the Nightwatcher. Honor and the Stormfather. I see a pattern there. The problem with this pattern is that the Unmade, who are already large Splinters of Odium, exist. Unless the Sibling is the true ninth unmade. I feel like Hessi's doubts as to Dai-Gonarthis being the ninth Unmade are, from the perspective of reading a book, foreshadowing that Dai-Gonarthis isn't actually the ninth unmade.

5 answers to this question

We don't know.  I personally think otherwise but that is just my opinion.  We have very little definitive information on who/what the sibling is and this will likely remain until RoW comes out.

Posted (edited)

I tend to think that the Sibling is an Honor/Cultivation mix, more in balance where the Stormfather and Nightwatcher are almost entirely aligned with one Shard. That being said, not an clue yet!

Edited by Invocation

46 minutes ago, NiceBleach said:

There's not much to put in the body of this. Cultivation and the Nightwatcher. Honor and the Stormfather. I see a pattern there. The problem with this pattern is that the Unmade, who are already large Splinters of Odium, exist. Unless the Sibling is the true ninth unmade. I feel like Hessi's doubts as to Dai-Gonarthis being the ninth Unmade are, from the perspective of reading a book, foreshadowing that Dai-Gonarthis isn't actually the ninth unmade.

I had similar thoughts, but The Sibling being a Honor/Cultivation mix feels better sort of like Feruchemy being Preservation/Ruin

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, NiceBleach said:

Dai-Gonarthis is as good as confirmed to be an Unmade by Jezrien in OB. The Death Rattles also seem to confirm it.

And yes, the Unmade are Odium's super-spren. There are nine because they are missing a Bondsmith equivalent. Though there isn't a clear one-to-one parallel between the Orders and the Unmade.

Roshar was originally created by Adonalsium, many of the spren were there before Honor and Cultivation's arrival, though they were different than as they are now. Stormfather confirmed that he existed before Honor, though he wasn't as aware back then.

The Sibling, given its name, could be a mix of both Honor and Cultivation, a sibling to both The Stormfather and The Nightwatcher.

Edited by Dreamer

I have a crazy theory: the Nightwatcher, Stormfather, and Sibling are the children of Honor and Cultivation.  We know they had a relationship.  The name "Sibling" suggests a family structure.  Who else would be able to give "birth" to superspren?