Nicrosil Ferring Potential

Halyo_Alex

It just occurred to me that Nicrosil ferrings have the potential to become absurdly strong with the advent of Medallions and Unkeyed/Unsealed metalminds. If you can give a metalborn a Medallion for F-Aluminum and F-Nicrosil, they can store their ability to use their metalborn powers inside unkeyed Nicrosil, which a Nicrosil ferring can then tap and use for themselves. (Note that this would be more like an Unkeyed Coppermind, able to transfer distinct powers rather than "ability to burn/tap X metal for Y amount of seconds at Z level of potency" like most Feruchemical reserves)

So I don't think this could lead to Nicrosil Ferrings becoming Fullborns with enough cooperative metalborn buddies, but they could certainly become a Nicrosil Compounder which is terrifying enough, and could probably gather up about 16 TOTAL metalborn powers without killing anyone Hemalurgically. They would just have to pick and choose which 16 they want out of the 32 or so total metalborn powers available. They could become a compounder of 8 metals, which... Yep, that's terrifying, or they could pick a few metals that don't overlap (for some reason or another) and have less than 8 compounded metals.

I'm also sorry if this has been blatantly obvious to anyone else so far, I tend to do that sort of thing.

Just now, Halyo_Alex said:

It's been WoB'd that a normal spiritweb doesn't have enough room for alll 32... Whatever that means. You can't naturally get a Fullborn like TLR, he had to tweak himself with the Well to get that to work.

Find the WoB please.

6 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

It just occurred to me that Nicrosil ferrings have the potential to become absurdly strong with the advent of Medallions and Unkeyed/Unsealed metalminds. If you can give a metalborn a Medallion for F-Aluminum and F-Nicrosil, they can store their ability to use their metalborn powers inside unkeyed Nicrosil, which a Nicrosil ferring can then tap and use for themselves. (Note that this would be more like an Unkeyed Coppermind, able to transfer distinct powers rather than "ability to burn/tap X metal for Y amount of seconds at Z level of potency" like most Feruchemical reserves)

So I don't think this could lead to Nicrosil Ferrings becoming Fullborns with enough cooperative metalborn buddies, but they could certainly become a Nicrosil Compounder which is terrifying enough, and could probably gather up about 16 TOTAL metalborn powers without killing anyone Hemalurgically. They would just have to pick and choose which 16 they want out of the 32 or so total metalborn powers available. They could become a compounder of 8 metals, which... Yep, that's terrifying, or they could pick a few metals that don't overlap (for some reason or another) and have less than 8 compounded metals.

I'm also sorry if this has been blatantly obvious to anyone else so far, I tend to do that sort of thing.

I doubt that this is possible (or at least currently). Or the
Southern Scadrian would not be limited to medallions with 3 powers.

1 hour ago, Raphaborn said:

I doubt that this is possible (or at least currently). Or the
Southern Scadrian would not be limited to medallions with 3 powers.

Well, maybe the Medallions are limited, but I really don't see why this wouldn't work for a person just gradually gathering up metalborn powers.

Addendum: Oh crap I just realized it could be possible to use Nicrosil compounding to create endless Unkeyed nicrosilminds containing any metalborn power, which means people only need to temporarily access an F Nicrosil Medallion to take the power out, meaning everyone can have an array of metalborn powers of their choosing.

...makes me think that probably WILL NOT be how Nicrosil compounding works. ...We'll see.

9 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Addendum: Oh crap I just realized it could be possible to use Nicrosil compounding to create endless Unkeyed nicrosilminds containing any metalborn power, which means people only need to temporarily access an F Nicrosil Medallion to take the power out, meaning everyone can have an array of metalborn powers of their choosing.

...makes me think that probably WILL NOT be how Nicrosil compounding works. ...We'll see.

I am quite sure that it will not be so, or the powers would be omnipresent. I doubt Brandon plans to allow that, it would totally break any economy. Besides, the Southern Scadrian would already know if that is possible.

21 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

...Ok, I can't. I swear to everything I've seen it, I can visualize the text on the Arcanum website word for word, but I couldn't find it under any Wobs listed with rashek in them.

Is Ruin screwing with me?

I've had that happen